Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Paradise Lost posted:

Rule #1 for department heads is usually don't piss off your appropriations committee.
Normally, yes, but if your position is that your Department should not exist and all public land should be returned to the States for natural resource exploration, it makes a certain twisted sense.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I guess my biggest question would be, why?
InfoWars said that a child sex ring was being run out of that sub station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

I don't know what they charged him with. I was just on the call when they reported he'd been arrested.

Would really interest me what ideology was driving him. Like what was he (thinking he was) trying to do.

e: beaten

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm not sure what you mean. Like not having warning signs telling people to gently caress off or what?

I doubt someone taking pot shots at transformers cares what the signs say.

aphid_licker posted:

Would really interest me what ideology was driving him. Like what was he (thinking he was) trying to do.

e: beaten

Not sure, but this was outside of Chattanooga and there's some questionable characters out in the country. Lot of anti-establishment types. Wish I could tell you more.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Dunford on transgender ban: "No."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/27/trump-transgender-military-ban-no-modification-241029

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

quote:

The D.O.E. makes its home in a long rectangular cinder-block-like building propped up on concrete stilts, just off the National Mall. It’s a jarring sight—as if someone had punched out a skyscraper and it never got back on its feet. It’s relentlessly ugly in the way the swamps around Newark Airport are ugly—so ugly that its ugliness bends back around into a sneaky kind of beauty: it will make an excellent ruin.

jesus

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

so um

which generals was trump talking to?

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

TBeats posted:

so um

which generals was trump talking to?

well, he also consulted with a colonel

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
It's less 'no' and more 'not without more info'

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Boy Scouts released a few half-assed statements about Donnie's wacky speech a few days ago and this time they actually did the full apology.

quote:

But for our Scouting family at home not able to see these real moments of Scouting, we know the past few days have been overshadowed by the remarks offered by the President of the United States.

I want to extend my sincere apologies to those in our Scouting family who were offended by the political rhetoric that was inserted into the jamboree. That was never our intent. The invitation for the sitting U.S. President to visit the National Jamboree is a long-standing tradition that has been extended to the leader of our nation that has had a Jamboree during his term since 1937. It is in no way an endorsement of any person, party or policies. For years, people have called upon us to take a position on political issues, and we have steadfastly remained non-partisan and refused to comment on political matters. We sincerely regret that politics were inserted into the Scouting program.

http://scoutingwire.org/chief-perspective-presidential-visit/

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Lol the boyscouts are apologizing about getting a sitting president to show up in person.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
There's a lot you can criticize the Scouts for, but it's not their fault the President is goddamn insane.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Lol the boyscouts are apologizing about getting a sitting president to show up in person.

Trump wasn't even in the Boy Scouts, Obama at least was a Scout, and didn't encourage them to boo his predecessor.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
It's one of those 'sorry you were offended' apologies

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
There's certainly precedent for an apolitical organization shutting Trump down and taking the mic. But then he lied about the preacher and people attacked her for being political by refusing to let Trump use her church for political speech.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

There's certainly precedent for an apolitical organization shutting Trump down and taking the mic. But then he lied about the preacher and people attacked her for being political by refusing to let Trump use her church for political speech.

Who's going to tell the President to shut up though?

No seriously, who?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Graham plans on introducing legislation next week to block any attempt on Donnie's part to fire Mueller. The man has irritated the gently caress out of me many times but if he does this that'll far more than McCain has ever done.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

CommieGIR posted:

I doubt someone taking pot shots at transformers cares what the signs say.

CommieGIR posted:

They do it less now that proper site documentation is becoming a thing, but it used to be a big issue that substations were not well documented.

What do you mean by proper site documentation? Why would that result in it happening less?

Dead Reckoning posted:

InfoWars said that a child sex ring was being run out of that sub station.
:lol:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Casimir Radon posted:

Graham plans on introducing legislation next week to block any attempt on Donnie's part to fire Mueller. The man has irritated the gently caress out of me many times but if he does this that'll far more than McCain has ever done.

And if it gets shut down I guess we may have an idea of how much people really care about possible collusion, right?

Maybe it's just to see who is who in the whole Russia thing?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

And if it gets shut down I guess we may have an idea of how much people really care about possible collusion, right?

Maybe it's just to see who is who in the whole Russia thing?
Thankfully he'll probably get every Democrat onboard (Depends if Cory Booker decides to be a turd that day), and some Republicans. Defecting on this isn't as big of a deal as trying to kill all the poor people by taking away their healthcare, and there's got to be a ton of them who just want to get off the ride at thos point. Hopefully a lot of them decide to play ball, it's really the least they could do.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Casimir Radon posted:

I feel like this is the Senate suggesting to Trump that firing Mueller doesn't make him go away.

quote:

“If Jeff Sessions is fired, there will be holy hell to pay. Any effort to go after Mueller could be the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency, unless Mueller did something wrong. Right now, I have no reason to believe that Mueller is compromised. If you have reason to believe he is compromised and shouldn’t be serving as special counsel, let me know,” he told reporters.

That's a strong statement.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

They'll attach an amendment to repeal Obamacare

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Fire Sessions, Trump. Do it you pussy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

cowboy elvis posted:

this is how i feel

dude has no balls

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Proud Christian Mom posted:

They'll attach an amendment to repeal Obamacare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5LeYDW2LsM

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

cowboy elvis posted:

no balls tiny hands man

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

.nevermind i'm dumb

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
:lol:

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/890613687727251457

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

what the gently caress is gonna happen when this dysfunctional administration has a real crisis

I can't even wrap my head around what the gently caress is going on

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

TRUMP uses RECESS APPOINTMENT!

It's not very effective...

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Trump tweets bring a harsh joy to two kinds of people. The first is his base, and the other...

https://twitter.com/JoshACLU/status/890198196877750276

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

gently caress this administration for making me feel a little bad for John McCain and wanting Lindsey Graham to achieve somethin he wants. This is unforgivable poo poo right here.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I want to be clear here because I just woke up. Are the GOP turning on trump?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

This, more than anything else, indicates a very deep seated unhappiness with Trump. Might go somewhere, might not, but a very positive development.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

they've been trying to shove healthcare reform in before something happens

i think we're building up to something big here, and this is the last desperate jerk session in the port-o-john before they go out on patrol

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

what the gently caress is gonna happen when this dysfunctional administration has a real crisis

I can't even wrap my head around what the gently caress is going on

Here's your casual reminder that we don't have a head of FEMA and it's hurricane season.

Edit: oops, never mind, we actually do.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they've been trying to shove healthcare reform in before something happens

i think we're building up to something big here, and this is the last desperate jerk session in the port-o-john before they go out on patrol

Lol if you never jerked it while on patrol

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Two Finger posted:

They're drawing a distinction between poo poo they want and not destroying the party.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

I'm fuzzy on my Star Trek history. Wasn't it nuclear and resource wars THEN eugenics wars? We can't get anything right in this timeline.

Eugenics wars hit in the early to mid nineties, with WW3 not starting until. 2049

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Two Finger posted:

The GOP are always focused on being re-elected at the expense of literally everything else. So figure out whether turning on trump, or not, matters based on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hahahaha they made all the noob junior senators work out the schedule for keeping the senate permanently in session all the way back in January

• Locked thread