Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Mr. Fish is so progressive that he ends up having dumb opinions as a result a lot of the time. For instance, did you know science is actually bad?

What the literal gently caress? Is this dude an AnPrim or something equally useless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm so loving tired of the whole idea that it's literally impossible to care about two things at once bullshit. It's possible to be a part of the March for Science AND care about Syria. gently caress off Mr. Fish you tremendous dork.

Heh you guys are doing a march? Pfft losers, lemme draw a lovely cartoon about an issue, that's surely a better use of time.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Chris Grayling's trials with the supreme court – Court’s ruling that employment tribunal fees unlawfully hinder access to justice is latest instance of measures introduced by the former justice secretary Chris Grayling being quashed or ditched"

Telegraph:

Diesel and petrol car ban: Plan for 2040 unravels as 10 new power stations needed to cope with electric revolution

Independent:

Media is 'obsessed' with chlorine-washed chicken, says Liam Fox

Times:

Electric Mini to be built in Oxford

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Banning diesel cars

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Keiya posted:

I can't be the only one who thinks Persona any time someone says "Shadow ___", right?

Shadow Obama's drone attack is loving bullshit btw.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Shadow Ted Rall is just Art Spiegelman

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Mr. Fish is so progressive that he ends up having dumb opinions as a result a lot of the time. For instance, did you know science is actually bad?

WHEN HE HIMSELF IS MADE OF SCIENCE

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:

Man, Mac can find a way to turn ANYTHING into a "my nagging shrew of a wife" issue!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Too bad that Payne isn't British.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:
Mail:

Where's the wifey portrait in this one?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Pentaro posted:

Where's the wifey portrait in this one?

Bottom of wife's dress.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"B-But..!"

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Pembroke Fuse posted:

This is a terrible take. Lots of trans people join the military to escape their tiny, backwards towns and gain an education via the GI Bill. The GI Bill has probably created tons of anti-war left-wingers who would have normally fallen into poverty. For many trans people, the GI Bill is a way out. Until we can provide them with another one, making GBS threads on them for taking what's available and trying to survive is a pretty bad approach.

Also, you're going to need some military-trained trans folks whenever the US falls apart.

Speaking of...

What It Feels Like Being a Trans Person Serving in the Armed Forces

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pembroke Fuse posted:

What the literal gently caress? Is this dude an AnPrim or something equally useless?

There's no denying that much of the horrors of present day war come from a long series of scientific advancements, and that science often profits from the pursuit of war (Manhattan project). You can't ignore the long history of scientific advancements coming from war and crimes of war. Of course, bringing this up in response to a march is something of a stretch, but political cartoons.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Please read this folks.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

T-man posted:

There's no denying that much of the horrors of present day war come from a long series of scientific advancements, and that science often profits from the pursuit of war (Manhattan project). You can't ignore the long history of scientific advancements coming from war and crimes of war. Of course, bringing this up in response to a march is something of a stretch, but political cartoons.

Ah yes because the March for Science was all about that sweet sweet science of killing

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

T-man posted:

100's of millions dead due to Alfred Nobel's invention, dynamite

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
That's not a new cartoon though, when he did that the March for science itself was condemning trumps launching Tomahawk missiles.

Also its a very popular time to protest for many countries, countering the official narratives and so on.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Discendo Vox posted:

Y'all just gave me the best idea. Mr. Fishmech.

Huh. dril got wordy and political and wrong.

:v:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This is pretty good.

Interesting the point that he brings up, saying that trans people enlist at twice the rate of the general populace. Supports the 11k serving members that has been the general consensus.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Barnaby Joyce sworn in as resources minister as Canavan defends himself over dual citizenship (Gina and Adani are mining magnates).

Wilcox:

Rowe:

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Drinky Duck loves beer even when it's made by liberals, a revealing cartoon

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Can someone figure out wtf that's supposed to mean? Is it merging the characters Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Dancer posted:

Can someone figure out wtf that's supposed to mean? Is it merging the characters Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I guess I learned a thing and I was being stupid. Particularly surprised that that seems to be a propaganda poster. Uncle Sam just felt so universal. What I get being a filthy European.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dancer posted:

I guess I learned a thing and I was being stupid. Particularly surprised that that seems to be a propaganda poster. Uncle Sam just felt so universal. What I get being a filthy European.

Most americans have no idea

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Character Locked, please complete Campaign Mode to unlock

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ralepozozaxe posted:

"But i'm still going to vote for you again, I'm just not gonna like it."

Ahh, so she's taking a leaf out of John McCain's playbook?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

This is pretty good.

Interesting the point that he brings up, saying that trans people enlist at twice the rate of the general populace. Supports the 11k serving members that has been the general consensus.

Upwards of 15k in the articles I've read. The armed forces are the largest employer of trans people in the country.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So who convinced Trump that banning transgenders from the military would make him more popular?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

So who convinced Trump that banning transgenders from the military would make him more popular?

Got to get pence to tie break legislation somehow

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Some people in the thread were saying Mr. Fish's last cartoon didn't have enough words, so he's addressed your concerns with these two new ones.

Should go without saying but this is some garbage rear end "Oh we're SPARING them from the HORRIBLE FATE of serving!" that is essentially just transphobia from someone that knows drat well he shouldn't hate or distrust them, but does anyway. Trans people have literally every right to be in the military and insisting this is a "favor" to them is the absolute most garbage thing I have seen.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

This makes me want a zombie movie where the zombies are basically just normal people except for the whole "rotting corpse" thing.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Internet Kraken posted:

The House GOP traded it for money for The Wall.

Seriously.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Gen. Ripper posted:

This makes me want a zombie movie where the zombies are basically just normal people except for the whole "rotting corpse" thing.

iZombie is basically only its a TV show that's also a police procedural and has a really loving stupid title.

Its okay.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The House GOP traded it for money for The Wall.

Seriously.

It's even worse than that, Paul Ryan asked Trump to ban the military paying for sex reassignment surgery because funding for it was a divisive issue among Republicans and was endangering a bill containing funding for The Wall, and if Trump changed DoD policy to remove SRS from the table, then the issue of funding for it would be moot and they could get on without the distraction. Except Trump apparently misinterpreted what Ryan wanted and stated his intention to ban all trans people from serving in the military.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Looks like someone's fallen for Decoy Baracktopus. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

• Locked thread