Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ed trickster time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

queeb posted:

people like to whine

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I have exalteds worth of untouched essences at the end of every league. They don't really need more junk to pick up in this game. I'm definitely hiding engineering and binding shards right at the start. At least they increased the size of the currency tab I bought for real money.

Otherwise the league doesn't look too bad. It's no Talisman at least.

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014
Diamond Flasks got hit hard. 80/80 charges now.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

soon poe will reach marvel heroes levels of currency

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Unique flasks got hit in this last beta patch. Mostly still seem solid, but a bit more on par with well rolled magic flasks. Also depending on the nature of the lab changes, it might be really awesome to run uberlab. New dark shines look nice and fun.

Wait, I want to see a vinitars on the beta that dropped after the update. Based on the data mining, they may have added the instant leech back.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

queeb posted:

ed trickster time
Aw poo poo son.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Nova Odin posted:

Diamond Flasks got hit hard. 80/80 charges now.

Good lord, I remember the first Vaal spark character I made I used a diamond flask back when they were 60/60. They almost never got used then.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

When will they do 3.0 psycho temp leagues and send six harbingers at you with flaming, exploding skeleton heads? :black101:

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

funmanguy posted:

Good lord, I remember the first Vaal spark character I made I used a diamond flask back when they were 60/60. They almost never got used then.

They were 80/80 back then too. Diamond Flasks are too strong but they are a godsend for builds that use Multistrike or Spell Echo. I wish they just changed how crits worked.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Mercrom posted:

They were 80/80 back then too. Diamond Flasks are too strong but they are a godsend for builds that use Multistrike or Spell Echo. I wish they just changed how crits worked.

Oh they were? Well it was dumb then and it's dumb now. I played a shitload of crit builds pre 2.2 and only used one with Vaal spark because I could reliably get 80 charges with each cast.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

funmanguy posted:

Unique flasks got hit in this last beta patch. Mostly still seem solid, but a bit more on par with well rolled magic flasks. Also depending on the nature of the lab changes, it might be really awesome to run uberlab. New dark shines look nice and fun.

Wait, I want to see a vinitars on the beta that dropped after the update. Based on the data mining, they may have added the instant leech back.

I saw a picture on reddit, it did not have instant leech.

Regardless, flasks aren't nerfed enough to stop me from doing another QotF labfinder! Now I have to decide if I want necro first or just go ham with my lab farmer...gonna probably decide based on what my work schedule ends up like :)

What are the darkshrine changes?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Look awesome. Last the whole lab apparently

New Lab Darkshrine Effects:

Labyrinth Traps are disabled in the Aspirant's Trial
A Player will receive an additional use of the Divine Font
Izaro will drop # additional Unique Items on Death
Izaro will drop # additional Treasure Keys on Death
#% reduced Damage Taken from Hits from Labyrinth Traps
#% reduced effectiveness of Damage over Time Debuffs from Labyrinth Traps on Players
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Acceleration Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Lightning Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Freezing Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Burning Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Static Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Diamond Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Brutal Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Thorned Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Replenishing Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Massive Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Impenetrable Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Resistance Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Divine Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Echoing Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Hexing Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Skeletal Shrine
Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Shrouded Shrine

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
That's rad as hell and I might touch a darkshrine now.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
soo just a random buff for player or reward? no loving vulnerability curse?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

queeb posted:

ed trickster time

Already decided that was going to be my league starter :hellyeah::black101:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

MannersPlease posted:

soo just a random buff for player or reward? no loving vulnerability curse?

It's in addition to the effects already available.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

It's in addition to the effects already available.

That's contrary to the thing they wrote earlier about lab.

theshim
May 1, 2012

queeb posted:

Players in the Labyrinth will be affected by Divine Shrine
:getin:

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Hmm. ok.

So I guess I'm late to this, or I just forgot, but does:

quote:

We are adding random reward tables for all optional chests and shrines in the Labyrinth. We love players sharing knowledge and maps with each-other, but sadly this feature was sapping all the fun out of reaching a hidden cache of items.
Darkshrines now occur only in a specific context, which is much less challenging to reach than other rewards.
We are replacing the effects of all Labyrinth Darkshrines. These should remain interesting and unique, without adding raw power to Izaro.
There are now always two treasure keys available from optional trap gauntlets and puzzles.
The rewards for completing optional trap gauntlets and puzzles have been completely rebuilt. There are some fun differences between what they drop in the early game and the late game, but items that only take up one inventory slot feature prominently.
Silver Cache chests have been rebuilt. There were some particularly disappointing potential rewards for these, and things such as like shrines or minor chest rewards have been removed. We are aware that these take ages to unlock, and this adjustment aims to make it more worthwhile to do so.
In the first and second Labyrinths, silver keys are always in the same area as their silver cache. Rewards differ from the higher difficulties, aimed more towards being useful for new characters.

Mean you can get 1 (izaro) + 2 (buffs) + 1 (argus) +2 ("treasure keys from optional traps) +1 (silver cache 'curious lockbox' if it remains untouched) keys each run?

Guaranteed 6 keys every day? what???!?!??

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Kild posted:

That's contrary to the thing they wrote earlier about lab.

Oh? I missed that. Though if it's what MannersPlease just quoted then it sounds like darkshrines are easy to reach but a legit gamble instead of the poo poo no one but people mapping the lab touch unless it's one of the few good results.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Count Uvula posted:

Oh? I missed that. Though if it's what MannersPlease just quoted then it sounds like darkshrines are easy to reach but a legit gamble instead of the poo poo no one but people mapping the lab touch unless it's one of the few good results.

? what I just quoted says there is no gamble. Izaro does not get buffed by some of the effects unlike old darkshrine options, and they are replacing ALL the old ones (and the list of the new ones seem to be all positive), so I would assume it's just guaranteed buff to the player if you go out of your way to grab it (even if its randomized when you enter). maybe for some specific builds you could claim that randomly getting either acceleration or echoing shrine is a 'gamble', but I wouldn't call it that...

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 28, 2017

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Harbinger is the crafting league everyone has always asked for.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

but we already had mayhem

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
drat, I'm torn between Ele Tempest Raider, ED Trickster, Block Gladiator, and Slayer. I don't feel like rolling a crit character though.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Cast on Channel Charged Dash Ethereal Knives Queen of the Forest Raider.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Duck and Cover posted:

Cast on Channel Charged Dash Ethereal Knives Queen of the Forest Raider.

I'm just drunk enough to go "yes, this sounds right".

theshim
May 1, 2012

I have no goddamn clue what I'm going to start with yet. Part of me wants to do a classic Cyclone Slayer or maybe even a stupid CoC Trickster. Argh I don't know!

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1927472/page/8#p14637825

Shock and chill changes, they scale based on damage dealt up to max 30% reduced speed, 50% increased damage taken. Ground effects are 10% speed and 20% damage.

Also power charges now give 30% crit instead of 50%. Frenzy only gives attack damage instead of generic damage.

My 5s reaction - shock and chill changes are meaningless since they're still not going to proc on bosses, though Vinktar and Vall Lightning Trap both took serious nerfhits. Also non-assassin crit is going to be even harder.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 28, 2017

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

lurksion posted:

Shock and chill changes, they scale based on damage dealt up to max 30% reduced speed, 50% increased damage taken. Ground effects are 10% speed and 20% damage.

Also power charges now give 30% crit instead of 50%. Frenzy only gives attack damage instead of generic damage.

this is loving wild

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

lurksion posted:

this is loving garbage

edit:

I'm ok with power charges being useful for ALL spell casters - I would like the idea that all charges are useful for everyone, because it makes the part (and price you pay) of building generation for them into your build/playstyle interesting. I think endurance and frenzy charges are in a good spot, and even though they are strong, I wish power charges were less build specific.

But now they went and made them even more specific in most ways, and made frenzy certainly more specific, while endurance stays the same. WHY. It certainly puts limits on build options/diversity, for what advantage I don't know.

I'm ok with the ground effects changes. They were quite strong before. I was ok with that, but a nerf doesn't seem unreasonable. As far as chilling/shocking on hits...well...it was a joke before, and still is I guess? Meh

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 28, 2017

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014
Power charges give more spell damage.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

this just in: shock is loving garbbo

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Nova Odin posted:

Power charges give more spell damage.
Ah you're right. I thought they already did, but that's a node (though any crit spellcaster would pick up)

Also lol

POE Forum Poster posted:

On another note, good job making frenzy attack only after literally just announcing the trap chest unique (tinkerskin) that gives us frenzy charges on trap activation.

And yeah, not exactly a great demonstration of how useful shock will be

quote:

Lightning hit which removes 50% of an enemy's life will increase the damage that enemy takes by 50% for 4 seconds

lurksion fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jul 28, 2017

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Am I crazy or did they just introduce a new unique chest based around getting frenzy charges with traps, and then turn around and make it literally not work? (Frenzy charges only for Attacks now, a bad change)

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

lurksion posted:

Ah you're right. I thought they already did, but that's a node that any crit spellcaster already picked up.

The one in the tree was increased though, not more.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

they made shock good vs weak enemies and bad vs strong enemies, which is the exact opposite of how people used it. what the gently caress

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mother fuckers nerfed frenzy charges which weakens my planned build. gently caress maybe I'll go Deadeye or Assassin.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 28, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

frenzy charge and shocked ground nerfs suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

What builds, exactly, do these changes open up? "These changes make it easier for build that focus on bonuses against enemies that are Shocked or Chilled to use those effects against high-life enemies, particularly bosses." I guess The Pandemonius will finally be good against guardians??????? wtf

• Locked thread