Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Gonna watch Allegiance soon. I'm sleep deprived so my reactions may be less, or more, entertaining than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Gonna watch Allegiance soon. I'm sleep deprived so my reactions may be less, or more, entertaining than usual.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

God Odo, don't be so gross just sit there like normal, don't loving drink your own goo.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Louder with Browder IV

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Hold on a loving second

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Commander, ship's sensors detect Picard just got dissolved by a sky obelisk

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Love this set. I can smell the 90s carpet

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Goooood what an efficient setup. I'm too tired for this

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Intro thought: I've gotten in the habit of eating sweets when I watch TNG and I think I'm gaining weight

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Intro thought: I've gotten in the habit of eating sweets when I watch TNG and I think I'm gaining weight

This is a very Jeb! post, gotta get back on that paleo.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Meat in Haro is hot

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Some guy explaining to Picard how well Pavlovian conditioning worked on him

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Meat in Haro is hot

:gowron:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

They just said it would take 34 minutes to get to a pulsar at warp 7, too bad they don't say how far away it is or I could use it to figure out how fast Warp 7 is

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I'm giggling at imposter Picard saying all this counterproductive bullshit so decisively

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I can't figure out what it is about Meat In A Haro that makes me want to become The Popular Conception of Captain Kirk

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

SAVE HER

Orv
May 4, 2011
You're into girls with cleft everythings.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

This is interesting because I've wondered several times about how the crew can trust each other implicitly when they've shown they can be mind-controlled or replaced already, and imposter Picard is testing the limits of that and just reveling in it

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Another situation where Troi's power would be incredibly useful but doesn't seem to do anything other than have her make a weird face after Picard is acting weird in a way that would be obvious to anyone

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I always wonder how a race like the Chalnoth who live in anarchy could ever accomplish space-travel when the technology involved requires so much cooperation

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Another situation where Troi's power would be incredibly useful but doesn't seem to do anything other than have her make a weird face after Picard is acting weird in a way that would be obvious to anyone

lmao

Troi - "I sense something unusual, Captain!"

Fake Picard - :smuggo:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lol at the way the Chalnoth just stares after he's asked "is there nothing here for you to eat?"

Orv
May 4, 2011
You know it just occurred to me how weird it must be to use TNG era phasers as the actors, it's not like they see the beam, and it's already a weird thing to hold and aim. They do just fine in the final cuts of the shows, but I wonder how many times in TNG/DS9/Voy season 1 they had to stop and correct things.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh are they in an escape room? Did that idea exist back then?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The newer version of the hand phasers that were designed I think for First Contact and later introduced into DS9 and Voyager (they may have been introduced on DS9 first, I can't remember but I do know that Voyager apparently "had them all along" like the rifles) were designed to be more gun-like in order to make it easier for the actors to aim

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I always wonder how a race like the Chalnoth who live in anarchy could ever accomplish space-travel when the technology involved requires so much cooperation
I imagine in the cases of some local powers they probably buy all their starships off of the Ferengi or some bullshit. It's not like they need advanced warships, just some poo poo suitable for oppressing/impressing their fellow Chalnoth and maybe some freighters.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Oh are they in an escape room? Did that idea exist back then?

They're only about a decade old as a commercial concept.

Tighclops posted:

The newer version of the hand phasers that were designed I think for First Contact and later introduced into DS9 and Voyager (they may have been introduced on DS9 first, I can't remember but I do know that Voyager apparently "had them all along" like the rifles) were designed to be more gun-like in order to make it easier for the actors to aim

Ah, neat.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Imposter Picard is so smooth it's genuinely scary, like a sociopath. I'm especially impressed because of how many times the show's tried and failed to write smooth characters up to this point

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

This seems like a good time to trot the ratings graph back out.

also cable took off bigly in the mid 90s

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Picard just bought a round of drinks for Ten Forward but it seems like that would make less sense when all the drinks are free anyway

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Laughing out loud at Geordi trying to sing along without knowing the words

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Picard just bought a round of drinks for Ten Forward but it seems like that would make less sense when all the drinks are free anyway

Basically, he's ordering everyone to drink.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Good symbolic gesture of the chalsoth trusting Picard with his knife to gently caress with the panel

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Is my bae the traitor? Say it ain't so!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Love the tension in the mutiny scene

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

My bae is unfortunately the odd one out, since the other three represent id ego and superego

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

she still exists somewhere right

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jeb! Repetition posted:

she still exists somewhere right

I assume she was a copy of some starfleet rando. She exists somewhere in the canon TNG universe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Whew, justifiably outraged Picard is so good