Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
A good minion fesh is very refreshing after such an eyerollingly earnest humblebrag. I can relate cos I was outraged after getting a McDonald's Happy Meal and it came with a lovely Gru toy rather than a Minion like I was expecting. Maybe I was lucky, who knows what it might have awoken in me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

yawn

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sexgoon, be thankful you have a quick to cum girlfriend. Those are the best. Your next move is to give her two orgasms at once or see how many you can chain together in quick succession. Get in there and put in the work friend!

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Minion Goon posted:

There are about 200k of us worldwide

I don't care about what you're into, if you want to pretend to bang little yellow men then go ahead. What bugs me is the fact that you can't be bothered to type out three more zeroes, instead opting for a 'k.'
Seriously, considering the amount of characters you typed, how hard is it to type 200,000? I guess I will never understand the point of shorthand writing being in the middle of an otherwise well articulated post.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It shows he's probably in finance or something. We do that all the time. 10k, 2mil, 6b.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Took me 10 seconds for all three.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Neat. Why do you care? Do you hate contractions too? They're the worst.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
^^It's annoying to type out full numbers a couple of times in a mail or whatever.

Solice Kirsk posted:

It shows he's probably in finance or something. We do that all the time. 10k, 2mil, 6b.

I see ' being used all the time instead of k. 10' = 10k

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Because numbers should not be shortened. We humans invented to concept of zero for a reason.

I'm just joking, lighten up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Loq, you loving coward, refusing to post my confession about getting some illegals deported. So here's another one, you loving liberal pussy piece of poo poo.

I beat the poo poo out of a tranny back in college. He pretended to be a woman, but I saw through it and bashed his loving face in. Probably the worst beating I've ever given anyone, although the beating I give my penis when I remember this moment is pretty close, too, lol.

I hope to God Trump kicks out all these mental defects and gives America back to hard working, normal people like me.

I honestly have no idea what older confession you're talking about, I post poo poo from dumb people with bad opinions all the time and have nothing to be afraid of from it v:geno:v

Anyway you're pretty obviously angling for outrage here so all I'll say is if you jerk off thinking about beating people up for any reason you're more of a deviant than anyone Trump will ever kick out of the armed forces

and if you jerk off thinking about an interaction you had with a trans person decades ago you might have some soul-searching to do

quote:

My boyfriend had been telling me for years that he wanted a dog, and I had been thinking of training a service dog to help me with my heart condition, so when a couple contacted us saying they had a dog that would make an ideal service dog, we were both happy. The trouble started immediately, however, as the dog ran away from us as soon as we tried to put him into our driver’s car. I spent literally hours chasing him until I managed to get him on a makeshift leash made from scraps I found while searching for him through various neighborhoods.

The dog constantly showed fearful behavior and was not toilet trained. He would not play with either of us, not even fetch. He would simply lay down, whining or occasionally growling if anyone but me approached him. He was also missing patches of fur throughout his body. He seemed to have been abused in the past.

We brought him with us everyone that summer, hoping that he just needed some TLC to improve his behavior. One day, he had an accident at home, and when my boyfriend approached him very suddenly to discipline him, he bit him. My boyfriend went to the hospital and was told the dog had to be quarantined inside the house while he was tested for rabies.

We quarantined him in a large closet and found that he was much calmer in there. He didn’t compulsively lick himself, growl, whine, bite, or piss and poo poo everywhere. My boyfriend had given up on training him at this point and refused to either allow us to spend money on getting training for him or on buying training supplies. His friends all wanted him put down. He berated me for the dog’s behavior in front of his friends, who insulted me and mocked me for my efforts to train him. As my attempts to train him continued to fail, I began placing him in the closet more and more to at least calm him down.

We soon added a gate to the closet so the door could remain open, and that’s where he stayed for most of the autumn and winter, being let out for his daily walk. His friends also berated me for this course of action, insisting I should have him put down.

By spring, my boyfriend finally began to feel guilty about keeping our dog prisoner and began to let him out into the house more. He still wanted the dog gone, so I found a no-kill shelter and placed him in it.

We broke up about a month later anyway.

tl;dr I imprisoned a dog in a closet for months, only taking him for daily walks, because my boyfriend hated him.

I'm gonna pull out that "no bad dogs, only bad owners" chestnut here and say that the previous owners must have really done a number on this dog, and that not every prospective dog owner is equipped to train every dog in existence. You shouldn't have had the dog put down, certainly, but giving it to a no-kill shelter to be dealt with by people who know what they're doing was the right call and you should have made it sooner. What's the point of even having a dog if you're gonna keep it in a closet all day and night?

loquacius fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 27, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yo rear end is grass posted:

Because numbers should not be shortened. We humans invented to concept of zero for a reason.

I'm just joking, lighten up.

I WILL NOT LIGHTEN UP, SIR! If you use up all the zeroes then who will populate the Star Citizen thread?!

I wasn't being serious either. We cool.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
What kind of idiot gets a dog but doesnt buy a leash first? And the b/f refusing to train the dog sure wasnt going to fix things.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You had a lovely dog. Sometimes you just have to cut bait and get another animal. It doesn't make you a bad person to realize you don't have the ability to take care of a severely troubled animal.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

got any sevens posted:

What kind of idiot gets a dog but doesnt buy a leash first? And the b/f refusing to train the dog sure wasnt going to fix things.

quote:

My boyfriend had given up on training him at this point

It seems like he was trying to train it, but there's only so much you can do with a broken pooch. Though I agree with you on the leash thing. :roflolmao: at the idea of looking out the window and seeing someone run off with a piece of garden hose from my yard and jumping the fence while chasing an unhappy dog.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Trans abuse goon is clearly satire

Solice Kirsk posted:

Much like your posting

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Suddenly and without warning running up to a dog that was abused early in its life so you can yell at it or hit it will sure as gently caress get you bitten, especially if you corner it :wtc:

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 27, 2017

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
[quote="loquacius" post=""474773761"]

This confession was followed, an hour and a half later, by an additional email purporting to be from the anon's husband asking me to react in a certain way. Which makes the entire thing sound like a bullshit attempt to gently caress with me, honestly (don't tell me what to do :colbert:), but I posted the story anyway.
[/quote]

is the made-up husband's POV worth posting? Or was it just some dumb bullshit?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I dunno though, the best thing to do for the dog would have been to send it to the shelter immediately instead of keeping it in a closet, but people aren't perfectly rational actors and sometimes they're stubborn or rash. If anon had it put down immediately, or kicked it a bunch, or did whatever the previous owners did to make it that way, that would have been abusive. Putting it in a closet for a while reads like what someone might do if they were in over their head, dealing with an unhelpful domestic partner, and ran out of ideas.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

yo rear end is grass posted:

It seems like he was trying to train it, but there's only so much you can do with a broken pooch. Though I agree with you on the leash thing. :roflolmao: at the idea of looking out the window and seeing someone run off with a piece of garden hose from my yard and jumping the fence while chasing an unhappy dog.

Every dog is a good dog, and can be fixed with enough love and work.

Not every person is capable of providing that love and work, but that is a failing on the part of the person, not the dog.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Ehhhn, locking a dog in a closet is fairly bad, in that it's like locking a dog in an undersized-kennel with little stimulation or socialization, but compounded by also cutting out light and having stifled air.

But goon confessor realized it wasn't a long-term solution and brought the dog to a no-kill shelter. Sure, they should have done so sooner, but hindsight is 20/20.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dogsight is colorblind. :eng101:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

An older friend of my ex had a dog her son trained to hate Mexicans.

It ended up that the dog hated everyone wearing a hat so every time we'd go visit her (she kept the dog) I had to take my hat off or it would go nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9D1Ow2H4A

Babies, cats and dogs can all have the racism.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Release that dog at s trump rally ;)

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Solice Kirsk posted:

You don't know that because you've never hooked up dog eyes to your brain buddy. :colbert:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I know Trumpgoon is probably fake but I love the idea that masturbating to the memory of beating up a trans person who knows how many years ago is normal behavior that everyone does.

Personally I masturbate to naked woman so that must make me a hosed up sexual deviant. I should go out and beat up a trans person then masturbate to it like a true red-blooded American man.:patriot:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

You don't know that because you've never hooked up dog eyes to your brain buddy. :colbert:

https://youtu.be/mX1P2GXc0OY

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

limp_cheese posted:

I know Trumpgoon is probably fake but I love the idea that masturbating to the memory of beating up a trans person who knows how many years ago is normal behavior that everyone does.

Personally I masturbate to naked woman so that must make me a hosed up sexual deviant. I should go out and beat up a trans person then masturbate to it like a true red-blooded American man.:patriot:

I like that "creampie" and "PiV" are "fetishes" now.

"Gross dude, did you nut in that?"

Sex is a fun thing that everyone should do but also take responsibility for.

fwiw I'm pro-choice but a lot of things can happen between men, men, women, women and trans

so be safe

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Given how terrible every story involving animals in this thread is, it really makes me shudder to think about how many goons even have CHILDREN.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Shiki Dan posted:

Given how terrible every story involving animals in this thread is, it really makes me shudder to think about how many goons even have CHILDREN.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

RFC2324 posted:

Every dog is a good dog, and can be fixed with enough love and work.

Not true, and it's irresponsible to say poo poo like that. (If you're just trolling or being ironic, then shame on me for falling for it)

Nearly every animal's emotional health can be improved, proper training can improve most dog's behavior, and kindness/love goes a long way....but there are dogs who were treated so badly and have mental scars so damaging that 'fixing' the poor creature is not going to happen.

One of my dogs was left with no food inside a foreclosed house back in 2011, she was discovered emaciated and near death by some neighbor kids. The rescue people, the veterinary clinic who did her medical care gratis and my gf + me have put an unbelievable amount of work toward helping her, but she's basically broken due to the trauma and can't be put right.

Her separation anxiety is immense and understandable, luckily our household is a good fit for her and she's vastly improved, but I cannot blame dog owners who just don't have the time, ability, patience and situation to try to rehabilitate a distressed, damaged animal. The closet thing wasn't right, but at least the person realized it and did the right thing.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

JnnyThndrs posted:

Not true, and it's irresponsible to say poo poo like that. (If you're just trolling or being ironic, then shame on me for falling for it)

Nearly every animal's emotional health can be improved, proper training can improve most dog's behavior, and kindness/love goes a long way....but there are dogs who were treated so badly and have mental scars so damaging that 'fixing' the poor creature is not going to happen.

One of my dogs was left with no food inside a foreclosed house back in 2011, she was discovered emaciated and near death by some neighbor kids. The rescue people, the veterinary clinic who did her medical care gratis and my gf + me have put an unbelievable amount of work toward helping her, but she's basically broken due to the trauma and can't be put right.

Her separation anxiety is immense and understandable, luckily our household is a good fit for her and she's vastly improved, but I cannot blame dog owners who just don't have the time, ability, patience and situation to try to rehabilitate a distressed, damaged animal. The closet thing wasn't right, but at least the person realized it and did the right thing.

Way to chop off the second part of my post where i pointed out that some people cannot or will not do that work.

I didn't feel it was needful to say that some actually means most in this case because i figured it was obvious that i was engaging in a small amount of hyperbole.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Non anonymous confession: I like animals and my sister's dog and cat are rad. However, I will never understand people who go through hoops to save their dog/cat or even worse, a stray. Sometimes the right thing is just to put them down, e.g. after an accident that means several thousand dollars surgery bill or the prospect of years of intense therapy work.
When push comes to shove, it is just an animal...

Fire away.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hopper posted:

Non anonymous confession: I like animals and my sister's dog and cat are rad. However, I will never understand people who go through hoops to save their dog/cat or even worse, a stray. Sometimes the right thing is just to put them down, e.g. after an accident that means several thousand dollars surgery bill or the prospect of years of intense therapy work.

Fire away.

Agreed, but I do understand. People have a hard time letting go. But, just because I understand doesn't make it any less selfish/foolish.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Hopper posted:

Fire away.

I agree with this but it's just a quality of life question, just like it is for a person.

No point in anyone or anything suffering pointlessly

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hopper posted:

Fire away.

Humans are animals too, should we just put down kids born with :downs:?

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Hopper posted:

Fire away.

It's honestly a little nuts how fast that poo poo changed. I grew up in the 80's and you would've probably been forcibly committed if you said you were gonna spend thousands of dollars on surgery for your dog. Now people don't think twice about the cost or the weeks and weeks of caring for it during recovery. Hell if you just opt to put the animal down I expect people will treat you like a monster now.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

got any sevens posted:

Humans are animals too, should we just put down kids born with :downs:?

Yes. Eugenics all up in here. Except for asthma. Those good looking funny smart asthma havers can stick around.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Hopper posted:

Fire away.

While I am an insane cat lady I also acknowledge that we don't have all the money in the world, and just last year my giant fluffy buddy's kidneys were shutting down (after more than one attempt to fix his recurring kidney infections and UTIs). Vet visits are one thing, but spending thousands on a surgery for a cat is just not feasible, regardless of how much I loved him. Since I opted to have the vet put him down rather than letting him waste away and suffer, I got to hold him and bawl like a baby as he stopped breathing, and tell him how sorry I was that I couldn't help him, and how much I loved him. We buried him under the rose bushes in my mother's backyard. He was a good kitty. :(

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Dogmeat posted:

It's honestly a little nuts how fast that poo poo changed. I grew up in the 80's and you would've probably been forcibly committed if you said you were gonna spend thousands of dollars on surgery for your dog. Now people don't think twice about the cost or the weeks and weeks of caring for it during recovery. Hell if you just opt to put the animal down I expect people will treat you like a monster now.

I'll always remember my very first visit to Pet Island, I don't know if it was in the title of a thread, or just at the very top of the OP, but the very first thing I read was basically "If you don't pay for full health insurance for your pet, you're unworthy to own a pet and quite possibly unworthy of living you literal piece of poo poo"

I was uninsured myself at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PI is basically LF, but for bird and cat owners. I like the salt water aquarium thread though. There's some cool pictures in there.