Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!
People from this list who I have used to clear SL floors at T1:

STAC Goat posted:

Trenchcoat Ghost Rider, Hellstorm, Robbie Reyes, Ancient One, Baron Mordo, Crystal, Enchantress, Kaecilius, Magneto, Storm, Wiccan, Yellowjacket, Songbird, Cyclops, Kate Bishop, Rogue, Homecoming Spider-Man, Agent Venom, Beast, Black Panther, White Tiger

Most of these can solo a floor, but may need a favorable attack leadership. Pro tip: Wiccan and Storm is a really easy floor 2 rulk rumble clear whereas I have trouble using them solo elsewhere.

I would consider T2ing Agent Venom since he's amazing, Enchantress since the damage boost helps a lot (weekly floor 22 clear), or Black Bolt. BB gets the immunity on his 5th and shits out damage with his tux. If you're playing the long game for Jean, Cyclops is another good option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So Wolverine seems really good.

Like, in BattleWorld Homecoming Spider Man is doing this new thing he does where he destroys my Strange in seconds and there's nothing I can do about it. But then Wolverine manages to just not die for a few minutes of webbing and getting smashed with cars, eventually kills Spider-Man, and then tears through everyone else. And that's without me ranking up his skills or gear or anything. I don't even think I've given him an obelisk yet.

I'm starting to think I see if theres a Web Immunity obelisk for Strange.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yeah I just threw Web Immunity on Wolverine or battles against Spidey would go on forever.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

So Wolverine seems really good.

Like, in BattleWorld Homecoming Spider Man is doing this new thing he does where he destroys my Strange in seconds and there's nothing I can do about it. But then Wolverine manages to just not die for a few minutes of webbing and getting smashed with cars, eventually kills Spider-Man, and then tears through everyone else. And that's without me ranking up his skills or gear or anything. I don't even think I've given him an obelisk yet.

I'm starting to think I see if theres a Web Immunity obelisk for Strange.

Wolverine is incredibly good, and you can troll-build him to be totally indestructible. Spider-Man homecoming is also very good and can take out just about anybody not immune to web eventually.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

navyjack posted:

Wolverine is incredibly good, and you can troll-build him to be totally indestructible. Spider-Man homecoming is also very good and can take out just about anybody not immune to web eventually.

Except for Wolverine. Some I can kill, but the troll build ones are literally impossible.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

im freaking the heck out posted:

Yeah I just threw Web Immunity on Wolverine or battles against Spidey would go on forever.

Having T2 Wasp on the team or leading with Supergiant/Malekith also does the trick, for obo I'd run max HP / invul

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

thechalkoutline posted:

Having T2 Wasp on the team or leading with Supergiant/Malekith also does the trick, for obo I'd run max HP / invul

Forgot about that! Yeah definitely a better idea to do that instead of a weak obo.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Funny enough I look for those, since I figured my Wolverine can get a couple of shots in and then run out the clock since Spidey can't do enough damage to get past his healing. It means the battles do go to time but as long as I'm just a little ahead, it means a W.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I got semi lucky when I rolled this for my wolv.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

MarcusSA posted:

That looks garbage for extreme alliance battle and world boss ultimate tbh.

Here's mine:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Looking at those makes me think I might be an obelisk hoarder?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Vodos posted:

Do you ever actually equip any of them???????

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Vodos posted:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
They're adding more floors to Shadow lands
Hopefully they do not move the bio rewards to later floors. I'm just now comfortably getting to 19/20

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

YESSSSSS. More SL floors is all I want out of this game.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'm half "yay more sl floors more rewards :toot:" and "christ I just got to regular clears and this whole process down to an hour what do I have to do now :bang:" so I guess I'm :confuoot: on this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was an idiot and forgot to do SL last week. Managed to get the bios at Stage 10 done just before the week reset.

And then i went and forgot to do World Bosses. I might be burning out. Thank God for clear tickets.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh god yes. We ARE getting more SL floors!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Due to upcoming changes to the Building codes, Shadowlands will need to undergo a bit of a facelift. The changes came out of the blue, and Daredevil has done his best to secure a competent construction company to carry out the renovations.

First up on the renovation list is to move the Throne Room on the top of the tower. As the Building codes require the building to be a certain height for tax breaks, Daredevil is increasing the number of floors of the building. This obviously requires us to move the Throne Room, as a Throne Room that is not at the top of a gigantic tower is obviously not fit to be a throne room.

Therefore the Shadowlands King of the Hill mode will need to be temporarily closed in order to begin the construction work.

Shadowlands King of the Hill Temporary Closure

We will be taking down the Shadowlands King of the Hill mode for maintenance. During this time, you will be able to play all the floors of Shadowlands, but you will be unable to compete for the King of the Hill Throne.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

MarcusSA posted:

Wolverine doesn’t need immune to web. He can out heal any Spiderperson’s damage 99% of the time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stunt Rock posted:

Wolverine doesn’t need immune to web. He can out heal any Spiderperson’s damage 99% of the time.

He can but from the 5 min battles I've seen he's stuck in the web the whole drat time.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

He can but from the 5 min battles I've seen he's stuck in the web the whole drat time.

I think invincible is the right way to go (his damage will always suck and the meta he dominates is pvp) but FYI Wolvie has SUPER ARMOR so he doesn't need ITGB

I would again suggest max hp + invul

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Whoops forgot my question:

Do people think the X-Men missions are a more efficient source of bios per energy than WBI? My napkin math says yes but maybe someone else has done some thinking on this

I also can't find that big WBI reddit thread where they calculate the bio/energy #'s

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

Whoops forgot my question:

Do people think the X-Men missions are a more efficient source of bios per energy than WBI? My napkin math says yes but maybe someone else has done some thinking on this

I also can't find that big WBI reddit thread where they calculate the bio/energy #'s

I have to lean toward yes. If not it's super close.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You get what from Tracking? Like 10-15 bios for 40 energy? That's 4 WBI plays. Obviously you could score big there with a blue box, purple box, or better but if you're getting green and basic like usual the Tracking does feel like a safer bet to me.

Like, when I play roulette I spread my chips around on 5 or more boxes. I don't win every time and I don't have big wins often, but if I just keep doing it I can usually slowly build up my stack. When I get cocky I throw some money on black or red to try and get a big windfall but it usually just ends up being a waste. That's how I'd see it. You'll never get the big payday but you'll build your stack at a steady rate.

Plus you probably save inventory space since you're just going to be adding four characters bios where WBI can be giving you a ton of them.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Like, when I play roulette I spread my chips around on 5 or more boxes. I don't win every time and I don't have big wins often, but if I just keep doing it I can usually slowly build up my stacklose my stack less quickly. When I get cocky I throw some money on black or red to try and get a big windfall but it usually just ends up being a waste. That's how I'd see it. You'll never get the big payday but you'll buildonly lose your stack at a steady rate.

fyp for roulette/gambling reality

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

C. Everett Koop posted:

fyp for roulette/gambling reality

:hai:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

I have Carnage, I was wondering what you guys think is the best Combat villain for ABX? I was looking at Rhino and he looks pretty strong was wondering if he is good enough to T2?

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

I have Carnage, I was wondering what you guys think is the best Combat villain for ABX? I was looking at Rhino and he looks pretty strong was wondering if he is good enough to T2?

Agent Vernon

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

navyjack posted:

Agent Vernon

He's a hero

Carnage is your best bet for Villian.
Rhino pretty good, Sandman is tanky. Carnage is your best villian

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Its what I thought, I guess I just got to get gud then since I only get like 50k on ABX days with him. :smith:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I suck with Carnage in ABX. I don't know if I'm just using him all wrong. I try and just spam 5-4 and it works in other stages like WBR or regular Alliance Battle but in Extreme he always gets knocked loopy by the frost beast and dies.

Iron Fist has the same problem. I don't know if its a Combat thing or what. No one else seems to have that problem. IF stands around a lot but Carnage doesn't. So I can't really figure it out.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

I suck with Carnage in ABX. I don't know if I'm just using him all wrong. I try and just spam 5-4 and it works in other stages like WBR or regular Alliance Battle but in Extreme he always gets knocked loopy by the frost beast and dies.

Iron Fist has the same problem. I don't know if its a Combat thing or what. No one else seems to have that problem. IF stands around a lot but Carnage doesn't. So I can't really figure it out.

If you are getting knocked loopy during your Carnage animations you need an Immunity to Dodge Break Obolisk, after I got that it fixed that issue.

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
For carnage, you want 5 > 4 > 3(c). Do 5 let it fully go, 4 while still shielded, then 3 until 5 is back up.

Something I learned recently, if something is on cool down you can press down on the "button" and it will kick off as soon as it comes off. So when carnages 3 starts hold down 5 and he'll launch straight back into his 5.

This works great for strange too if you hit 4 before your shield runs out. You can hold down 5 again and it'll go off straight away.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If you are getting knocked loopy during your Carnage animations you need an Immunity to Dodge Break Obolisk, after I got that it fixed that issue.

Yeah, ive recently been reevaulating my whole use of obolisks. I was just kind of assuming whatever random damage or recovery rate or whatever useful I could find on people. Now I'm being more deliberate and trying to figure out what a character needs and focusing. So I'm ranking up an Immunity to Web Snare right now for Strange to counter the new Spider Man problem. I'll do that one you suggested for Carnage. I'm just gonna kind of be more deliberate and when there's a character u like but I identify a problem with use that to try and address it.

That's probably basic for you guys but it feels like a new stage of gameplay for me now as I get deeper into stuff like XAB and Shadowland and such.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, ive recently been reevaulating my whole use of obolisks. I was just kind of assuming whatever random damage or recovery rate or whatever useful I could find on people. Now I'm being more deliberate and trying to figure out what a character needs and focusing. So I'm ranking up an Immunity to Web Snare right now for Strange to counter the new Spider Man problem. I'll do that one you suggested for Carnage. I'm just gonna kind of be more deliberate and when there's a character u like but I identify a problem with use that to try and address it.

That's probably basic for you guys but it feels like a new stage of gameplay for me now as I get deeper into stuff like XAB and Shadowland and such.

Yeah. I have the same issue. I've got way too many crap obs on T2 characters because I didn't really understand or pay attention

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

aaaaaaaaa good god it's finally done. it's over. every single one of these jerks.

JUST NEED NORNS AAAAAAAA

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

aaaaaaaaa good god it's finally done. it's over. every single one of these jerks.

JUST NEED NORNS AAAAAAAA

Grats!! I just got to 6* Jean yesterday. So pumped.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Wow, this game is really nice to you when you play it once 270 days prior then come back, too bad I have no loving idea if I chose correctly or not. That’s no big deal, I kind of appreciate them not being stingy with the rewards.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So my Jean is finally 60 with at least 17 in gears
Strange is 420
Wolvie is 17's i think

And i Finally unlocked Odin. I'm not too far from taking Loki, Lizard, Wong and Elsa to natural t2. Like maybe a week or for all of them.

Should i finish taking Proxima from 57 to 60 or begin on Odin or Thanos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I applied to a Marble Hebrons, I hope that is allowed! I’m Celery Jello, just like here.