Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

BB and MGSV were the first PS4 games I played and they solidified it as my favourite console ever.

Well I don't like MGSV at all but I think your post are good so :):hf::)

Regardless, Bloodborne is a flat out masterpiece of game design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Just got an email that PS Plus price is going up 25% at the end of the month, so if you haven't renewed now is the time.

I guess this means more "full retail" games like Until Dawn and Just Cause 3 on the service from now on.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

MZ posted:

Just got an email that PS Plus price is going up 25% at the end of the month, so if you haven't renewed now is the time.

I guess this means more "full retail" games like Until Dawn and Just Cause 3 on the service from now on.

For Europe. NA already had their price increase.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man I knew I should have gotten another year while it was on sale last month. I'm good til the end of 2018 at least.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also lol 50 fuckin quid for online and some games I never play, I'll probably not bother after my current time runs out.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Haven't played any PS+ games since PSVR came besides the PSVR capable ones, but I'll stick with it for online, cloudsaves and maybe getting a PS3 again. Been a quarter since I defeated my love for chocolate so that price bump is nothing, gonna buy myself PS+ to last until the PS5.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Price is getting a bit thick. If it goes up again next year I'm absolutely going to opt out and just play single player games forevermore.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I just buy one less retail game a year and spend my PS+ sub on that instead.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

€60/yr for Ireland 🤔🤔🤔 Don't really play much online anymore, might get one more year at the old price and then let it lapse.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I just bought a bunch of 30-day cards from forever ago and renew only when there's something I on PS+ want to play, which is never.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Awesome input thanks for sharing!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I got a year free when I got my PS4 on Game last december plus on last sale of 12 month PS+ I got another knowing about the price increase so I'm fine until christmas '18. I hope they don't up over 60€/year wich was what I was paying of Xbox Live.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The best sale I've seen on PS+ subs in Europe was like 1%, not counting PSN's own digital.
All those years of looking across the atlantic seeing gamers complain despite $30 a year Xbox Live Gold deals happening so often, and complain about game costs despite being able to rent games :allears:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

PS+ suits me to a tee - with a young kid at home and barely any time to play games I can't justify purchasing them very often, but when I do play I tend to play online so I get that and free games built up.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
i'm good until 2021. Upgraded 3 years for €90

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

MrLonghair posted:

The best sale I've seen on PS+ subs in Europe was like 1%, not counting PSN's own digital.
All those years of looking across the atlantic seeing gamers complain despite $30 a year Xbox Live Gold deals happening so often, and complain about game costs despite being able to rent games :allears:

The year was €35 during E3, for their Days Of Play promotional thingy.

Sony also have Fifa bundles this year. I don't understand how. I thought EA only did bundles with XBOX?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cultural Marxist posted:

Regarding the thing that upset you: barricade the door when given the choice.

Yayyy I can save him

quote:

Depending on your earlier choices Ashley and Matt can also end up in the mines with Jessica before the end.

Oh cool, I thought she was just disconnected, that's why.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Yayyy I can save him

Oh cool, I thought she was just disconnected, that's why.

Just a minor note, Matt can end up in the mines with Jessica (they're completely independent of the final showdown in the lodge) but Ashley will always be part of the main group.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

So, a quick 4K TV recommendations update:

Do not buy a 2017 Samsung model.

Both the MU8000 and the "quantum dot" models (Q7 and Q9) are worse than the KS8000, while costing more. Current recommended sets are as follows:

If you're literally made of money, get an LG C7P OLED. It's my a wide margin the best TV on the market right now, and priced like it.

If you're looking to spend in the midrange, your best option is the Sony X900E. It's a great set, but priced about 30% higher than the KS8000 was, so not exactly a bargain.

BUT, if you're looking to find value for money, it's a great time to be alive, as there's now a really good budget option, the TCL P607/P605. This is a legit good 4K TV that can be had at 55" for $650 (actually $600 for the P605 which just nixes the smart Roku remote for a more basic one). There has never been a set anywhere near this good in this price segment and size. It has super low latency so it's great for gaming, too. Honestly, if you want to dip your toes into 4K HDR with a PS4 but don't want to wait half a decade for OLED prices to come down, this is almost certainly the way I'd go, since at that price point it's much more replaceable when you can afford a no-compromises set than making a $1.5k investment in an X900E.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seedge posted:

The year was €35 during E3, for their Days Of Play promotional thingy.

Sony also have Fifa bundles this year. I don't understand how. I thought EA only did bundles with XBOX?

Money

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Is there any tips/tricks to increasing the quality of remote play on the local network? It's not bad but if I could make it use more bandwidth I would glady do that.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Photex posted:

Is there any tips/tricks to increasing the quality of remote play on the local network? It's not bad but if I could make it use more bandwidth I would glady do that.

If you are using a PC/tablet/phone instead of your Playstation Vita there's a 3rd party program for windows that can give you access to the PS4's wifi password, which seems to improve remote play significantly.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Liver Disaster posted:

If you are using a PC/tablet/phone instead of your Playstation Vita there's a 3rd party program for windows that can give you access to the PS4's wifi password, which seems to improve remote play significantly.

I am using a PC but everything is wired up, what's the 3rd party program?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Photex posted:

I am using a PC but everything is wired up, what's the 3rd party program?

Twisted's remote play used to let you access the password, but the site looks like it's under maintenance. You might be able to find a mirror somewhere.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dragon Quest 11 is coming overseas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F32dNXklp2E

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I was 80% sure this was gonna happen anyways, but I'm still super stoked now that it's official. This year Persona 5 and Yakuza 0 have taken up the majority of my gaming time, and hopefully DQ11 on both PS4 and 3DS will take up a good chunk next year.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm playing DQ11 right now. I wonder if they'll add voice acting to it for the English version, like with 8?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm playing DQ11 right now. I wonder if they'll add voice acting to it for the English version, like with 8?

Did 8 not have voice acting in the Japanese version? I read an interview with DQ11 staff explaining why the game has no voice acting, I only assumed the same would carry over to the localization.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BisterdDave posted:

Did 8 not have voice acting in the Japanese version? I read an interview with DQ11 staff explaining why the game has no voice acting, I only assumed the same would carry over to the localization.
As far as I know DQ has never had voice acting in Japan. I played Japanese 8 since I lived here at the time and it was weird to see videos later of the English version with voices.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
DQ8 JP didn't have voices until the 3DS port.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

DQ8 JP didn't have voices until the 3DS port.
Oh, that one did? Huh, I thought they were hellbent on DQ never having voices here.

DQ11 runs the PS4 like a jet engine though. It's colorful and pretty but is it really so graphically complex? Do those smooth Toriyama faces need 100,000 polys each?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 29, 2017

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

veni veni veni posted:

Anyone played a flame in the flood? Looks pretty cool and it's on sale.

Yeah, it's alright. Good to get on sale. Lots of ways to die but you can carry a limited number of items over from run to run. Not crazy deep but not too shallow either. I'm currently using the dynamic theme.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, that one did? Huh, I thought they were hellbent on DQ never having voices here.

DQ11 runs the PS4 like a jet engine though. It's colorful and pretty but is it really so graphically complex? Do those smooth Toriyama faces need 100,000 polys each?

The ps4 fans can be made to go nuts by dev accident like letting the rocket league menu run at 1000 fps

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
drat, 100gb to install Doom?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was a huge game when it came out and they've been making it huger adding multiplayer poo poo no one cares about.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

el oso posted:

Worth it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

It was a huge game when it came out and they've been making it huger adding multiplayer poo poo no one cares about.
Seriously, every time I hear it's getting an update I get excited and then look at the notes and it's all multiplayer stuff. Who cares? Other than apparently the publisher.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Doom is now smaller at least on PC since they merged some stuff like being able to switch between SP and MP without having to exit the game to the mode menu.

Unless I'm mistaken, Doom sits at 77.59Gb on my PS4 but I remember it being 83 or something. Can someone correct me?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

el oso posted:

Fuuuuuuuck that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Man Yoko Taro sure loves his camera angle changes.