Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

TFRazorsaw posted:

so according to Capcom Ultra Street Fighter 2 was "a smash hit".

Bizarre.

Some people just want to buy Street Fighter 2 for the millionth time and Capcom would be dumb not to give it to them. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

How is USF2 as a port anyway? Is it decent at least?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
X is probably jump in Zelda because it was closest button to the right analog stick on the Wii U controller. Kinda like how Splatoon 2 jump was X and now it's B

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I impulse bought a glass screen protector when I ordered my new router, fam. I'm gonna join the club.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

TFRazorsaw posted:

My FGC friends say it's broken and terrible and that there hasn't been a perfect video game since 3rd Strike, so take that for what it's worth, I guess.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Takoluka posted:

My FGC friends say it's broken and terrible and that there hasn't been a perfect video game since 3rd Strike, so take that for what it's worth, I guess.

broken and terrible in what ways? or are they just saying it because most FGC dudes hate everything that isn't marvel or some obscure anime fighter

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Dizz posted:

broken and terrible in what ways? or are they just saying it because most FGC dudes hate everything that isn't marvel or some obscure anime fighter

This. USF2 is the version to get, but it is insanely overpriced.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

From what I've heard:

- Although it claims to be faster than ST, it's only actually faster than ST at 1x speed, and doesnt have options to increase the speed further.
- Evil Ryu/Violent Ken can 100% combo you really easily.
- The 1st person Ryu minigame is really bad and unresponsive.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Tekopo posted:

From what I've heard:

- Although it claims to be faster than ST, it's only actually faster than ST at 1x speed, and doesnt have options to increase the speed further.

Well I had no intention of ever playing that last part.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I have it and I think it's great. I paid the full price just because I wanted other poo poo to play on Switch, but I would advise waiting for a drop tbh. There's nothing wrong with the game though.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Tekopo posted:

From what I've heard:

Isn't 1x played by everyone who plays ST? I just wanted a good SF2 game that could be played online as well.

Kinda disappointing that Evil Ryu/ken can 100% you since it means most online nerds will try to do that. I guess it's still good too play with friends and poo poo if online is good.

I didn't think anyone was interested in playing the first person minigame.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/RisingStarGames/status/890603867343175680
Huh, I didn't expect they'd go for physical releases with Superbeat Xonic, but here we are.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Dizz posted:

Isn't 1x played by everyone who plays ST? I just wanted a good SF2 game that could be played online as well.
Tournaments usually use the fastest speed for tournaments, iirc its 3.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is this the Xonic game where you can make your own original character?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TFRazorsaw posted:

I remember someone here said they cut the background animations down to almost nothing or some equally ridiculous-sounding thing that indicated there were probably performance issues under the hood. But that's all I know and it's not a helpful answer.

Gar
May 13, 2005
I got the Playstation but I still play the Sega
Overcooked is fun.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

maybe Street Fighter doing well means we can get one of the Megaman collections or at least another street fighter / resident evil. I'd love a portable collection of Resi Evil games on the Switch.

Has anyone here played that weird "PS1 Resident Evil" game on Switch? Forgot the name, Vaccine or something.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just want the Disney Afternoon collection. My kid loves Scrooge and yesterday saw a boss rush of Darkwing Duck and really likes it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I just want the Disney Afternoon collection. My kid loves Scrooge and yesterday saw a boss rush of Darkwing Duck and really likes it.

Between this and Mega Man collection, it's like Capcom is begging me to buy a raspberry pi.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Between this and Mega Man collection, it's like Capcom is begging me to buy a raspberry pi.

Are they? they are begging you to commit a crime? I doubt it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Are they? they are begging you to commit a crime? I doubt it.

A Capcom executive put a gun to my head and threatened to shoot until I downloaded all their NES games from CoolRoms.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Played like first 4 stages of Overcooked with my wife last night. It's really good and fun. I feel like it runs at 30fps though which is kind of dumb? Seems like it's just poorly optimized maybe.

It's a very good co-op game if you like "production line" type stuff. The stages are very interesting and offer a ton of variety from stage to stage. Usually you have to make some kind of strategy for each stage that divides the labor a certain way, otherwise it turns into a clusterfuck where you block each other and get in each others' way all the time (like cooking in a kitchen irl)

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Didn't see in the OP or the last few pages, any recommendations on a decent carrying case with space for some game cartridges? I picked up a switch, and I enjoy having it to play at lunch break at work, I just want to make sure I take good care of it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dizz posted:

My FGC friends and acquaintances are super spergy about frame data, balance updates, and tech changes, with some very huge biases caused by nostalgia goggles and how they feel things *should* be in games they play. If you're looking for some SF2 fun, you'll probably like it. If you want to get competitive and start looking into meta, it will exhaust you, and you will probably hate it.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The main problem with USF2 is that it's forty loving dollars. At that price it should've been the greatest version of SF2 ever made, not a lazy thrown together overpriced cash-in. It's a 25 year old game. At this point and at that price there shouldn't be ANY flaws or missing options.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
Bought the Gamestop Zelda bundle that went on sale today. $360 with a game I want is the first reasonable deal I've had a chance to actually buy. Better than the $400 for a box full of crap they've been pushing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Evil Ryu and Violent Ken are clearly overpowered and it kinda ruins online in that game. I can't believe it did well but hopefully it means we'll get an Ultra Street Fighter III.

Namco Museum is apparently a great compilation with a bunch of options and bonus features. Is it getting a physical release?

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 28, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

DLC Inc posted:

maybe Street Fighter doing well means we can get one of the Megaman collections or at least another street fighter / resident evil. I'd love a portable collection of Resi Evil games on the Switch.

Has anyone here played that weird "PS1 Resident Evil" game on Switch? Forgot the name, Vaccine or something.

I wish we would get fighting game collections. An Alpha collection, Capcom vs SNK collection, or Power Stone collection would own on the Switch. An HD redraw of SF3 Third Strike (with character version selector) would also own. They won't do anything that ambitious though.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Real talk I buy physical so if I dislike a game I can sell it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Real talk I buy physical so if I dislike a game I can sell it.

Disgusting.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I buy physical because owning a physical copy makes me more likely to play it and finish it for some dumb reason.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I buy physical because owning a physical copy makes me more likely to play it and finish it for some dumb reason.

I bought Splatoon 2 physical because I wanted to see just how bad the chemical treatment on it tastes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dizz posted:

Isn't 1x played by everyone who plays ST? I just wanted a good SF2 game that could be played online as well

No the default is 3x

Good luck cause the netcode is incredibly bad without one of those expensive gaming routers that exclude people too far away from you from matching. The only connection setting is region lol if you live in NA. Hd remix had ggpo netcode 10 years ago and this doesnt. Its embarrassing and it takes your points away everytime it drops you from a match to rub it in.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

RedMagus posted:

Didn't see in the OP or the last few pages, any recommendations on a decent carrying case with space for some game cartridges? I picked up a switch, and I enjoy having it to play at lunch break at work, I just want to make sure I take good care of it.

Nintendo Switch Game Traveler Deluxe Travel Case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY9JB2U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Ih3Ezb35SDGD3

This is the one I use. It's got two little game carrying cases in it for I think 7 games and one spare SD card. The zip pocket is large enough for joycon straps, USB cable, and headphones, but not much not space for any spare joycon or battery pack. It's about as big as it should be and a good price.

You can find fancier cases with built in stands and charge port access or even built in battery but those will cost more and be bulkier.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

DLC Inc posted:

It's really, really bad.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
How extensive/good is the Splatoon 2 single player? I don't like multiplayer shooters but generally I enjoy campaign modes, and I didn't get a WiiU so never played the first one.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Splatoon 2 is not worth it just for single player

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

The Pirate Captain posted:

How extensive/good is the Splatoon 2 single player? I don't like multiplayer shooters but generally I enjoy campaign modes, and I didn't get a WiiU so never played the first one.

It's a fun tutorial for the multiplayer that you won't want to play more than once

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It is a lot bigger and more replayable than the first. The original you had one weapon for the whole campaign and others were gated through Amiibo. In this one each level has a required weapon but they vary, and you can replay with the weapon of your choice, and some have campaign specific abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Pirate Captain posted:

Its five worlds with a collection of levels and a boss. Levels are checkpointed and linear. You are forced to use a variety of weapons and theres always some new gimmick that isnt in mp mode for each level.

Thats about it

• Locked thread