Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thought they meant It Hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Parahexavoctal posted:

there's another one?

Kill Six Billion Demons, the other comic about a super powered woman named Allison with a weak boyfriend.

Comic: http://killsixbilliondemons.com
Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745508

I don't want to over sell it, but it's a little trippier, the art's a little more detailed, and there's a few more hellbeasts.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 27, 2017

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Yeah but, you can't really mock it :shrug:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Sorry everyone, Clevin being an entitled baby is actually him being legitimately hurt

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

And they held hands, and it was nice :allears:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

And then they had a chaste night of sitting on the couch.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I guess one of Allison's super powers is dislocating her pelvis :shrug:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

What a shitshow.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

He gazed up at the Comic. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the Cleven. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving storytelling! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Dad.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Breetai posted:

What a shitshow.

I saw that response and decided it wasn't worth my time to reply, lotta nice guys like this comic I guess

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I love your

REAL BIG DAD

am I doing this right you guys :v:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
*you're

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Remember when Clevin defended a rapist's honor?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I don't understand. Why does she say your?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

It's that sitcom thing where a character is about to confess their love in the heat of the moment before realising they're too cool and/or awkward to do that so they deflect by saying they love their coffee maker or whatever instead, except there is nothing lovable about or around Clevin so she can't finish that sentence.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Please don't troll. Serious answers only.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Typical Pubbie posted:

Please don't troll. Serious answers only.

This is real. Too real.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This has to be satire.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

"[...] And then, after he delivers the whiniest speech imaginable, she asks him for forgiveness and professes her love for him. Cut to a panel of them on the couch together, sharing a cup of ice cream."

For the longest time the talent agent just sits there, before he finally manages to speak. "Jesus, mister. That's a hell of an act. What do you call it?"

"Strong Female Protagonist!"

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

a cartoon duck posted:

It's that sitcom thing where a character is about to confess their love in the heat of the moment before realising they're too cool and/or awkward to do that so they deflect by saying they love their coffee maker or whatever instead, except there is nothing lovable about or around Clevin so she can't finish that sentence.

I was so hoping it would lead to her realizing that something was terribly terribly wrong.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Could be a coincidence, but Ostertag hasn't bothered posting links to the last two pages on her Twitter.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It is like Kill You Are Self only with webcomic romance instead of Killing You Are Self

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

This really is the best way to sum it up.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Remember guys, she doesn't owe you sex for being nice, but she does owe you a shout out and jammy cuddles for emotional labor.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

How does this comic keep getting worse?

When will we finally reach its nadir?

...why do I keep reading it? :psyduck:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So uh yeah it may not be news to anyone but me but I've only just seen Molly's own personal comic journals and she draws herself pretty much the same as she draws Allison?

And also her girlfriend.

Which leads to some confusion.

Same tho.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Falstaff posted:

How does this comic keep getting worse?

When will we finally reach its nadir?

...why do I keep reading it? :psyduck:

We're all compelled to watch in case something really stupid happens again so we can mock it. It always does because the people who make the comics rarely decide to improve. Tim Buckley kind of did and now CAD's just a mediocre kind of bad instead of aggressively bad.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

at least she's not drawing herself as clevin

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Synthbuttrange posted:

So uh yeah it may not be news to anyone but me but I've only just seen Molly's own personal comic journals and she draws herself pretty much the same as she draws Allison?

And also her girlfriend.

Same tho.

lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jolt upright in bed out of sheer atavistic terror that you could theoretically be attracted to clevin

but it's ok, you remind yourself

it's fine, you're gay

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Gayvin for Clayvin.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
This comic is poop from a butt. I don't know how it keeps getting worse but it does. I don't think I even hate the people who make it anymore. I just want their hands to stop existing so this won't go on any longer.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

We've come full circle and are now emulating a parody of a specific fictional setup.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Synthbuttrange posted:

And also her girlfriend.

Same tho.

She kind of leans on colors and accessories to differentiate people or convey different hair styles. When you remove both of those, a lot of her humans end up looking terribly interchangeable.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

If she wasn't gay, things would make no sense and she'd be unhappy?
Isn't there a reversed is/ought violation there?
Isn't she confusing normative and descriptive structuration of sexual orientation?
Or is she going for the sensemaking approach?
Shouldn't it be "I'm so happy I realized I'm gay" if she's going for the sensemaking/self-understanding issue framing?
Or is she implying categorically that straight folks don't understand the world?
What about bisexual or asexual folks?
Is there some objective moral sexual orientation choice rhetorics going on? That'd be really weird for this comic, though. I doubt it's pulling a double SCUMM.
But then, what is causing her to have negative experiences while she sleeps?
Is she dreaming of Mighty Girl kissing Clevin? I'd be relieved to wake up from a Clevin Dream.
I Dream of Clevin.
Clevinrynth.
It was all just a Clevin.
Clevin of the Rarebit Fiend.
Clevin the 13th (year of comics without any plot arc)

I have infinitely fewer problems with the art, or even the writing, of this comic than I do with the hash of ideas it's trying to express.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 29, 2017

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
It's a middle page in a short diary comic she posted to twitter about how she's not miserable and sexually confused since she came out of the closet and didn't feel obligated to date men. The first page was about how she'd still have bad dreams about that period of her life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's a middle page in a short diary comic she posted to twitter about how she's not miserable and sexually confused since she came out of the closet and didn't feel obligated to date men. The first page was about how she'd still have bad dreams about that period of her life.

She dated Clevin irl?

• Locked thread