Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Vaguido posted:

I have to go see Atomic Blonde again to make sure I liked it. I was enjoying it but I kept getting distracted by a guy next to me who was talking the entire loving movie and whenever something happened that he liked he either clapped or snapped his fingers. People kept telling him to shut up but he wouldn't.

Like this was a grown rear end man and he was ooing and ahhing at some titties. You can see titties and women kiss for free, anytime. This isn't some mind blowing thing you have to clap for to take me out of the movie you son of a bitch.

Action scenes were cool at least.

Should have asked your husband to shut that rear end in a top hat up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yug posted:

But I love Fury Road which is way more female empowerment than any of these lovely movies you all are talking about. Like I love the gently caress out of Fury Road.

*grabs chest while collapsing into a wall upon seeing yug make a true post*

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

sorry you sat next to josh while watchin atomuc blonde

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Fury road but the colour palette was offensively over the top.

The thread has be interested in going to watch Atomic Blond.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

watch the black and chrome edition bluray of fury road, george miller originally intended for the theatrical release to be in black and white

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The latest black and white fad sucks. Logan Noir, gently caress outta here

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Black and white movies are universally bad and it is a garbage asthetic for emotionally stunted retards..... So no wonder Gbs laps it up like dogs on a gut wagon.........

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

the only films made after the 1950s where being in black and white worked were schindlers list and fury road

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
`There is a lot of really good film noir out there.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The only good film noir is one that is completely "noir" because I've turned the television off...........

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

HerraS posted:

the only films made after the 1950s where being in black and white worked were schindlers list and fury road

eraserhead

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a star war betamax posted:

The only good film noir is one that is completely "noir" because I've turned the television off...........

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

The Atomic Blonde soundtrack looks like my dad put it together

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jul 28, 2017

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Jenny Nicholson (who's been posted here before) talks about why creepypastas often suck. I only mention it because she namedrops these dead gay forums (at about 1:10) as the origin for many of them, including Slenderman.

Also I saw no ads or info about Atomic Blonde apart from the fact that Charlize Theron was in it, so I thought it was a badly titled Blondie biopic.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Coucho Marx posted:

Jenny Nicholson (who's been posted here before) talks about why creepypastas often suck. I only mention it because she namedrops these dead gay forums (at about 1:10) as the origin for many of them, including Slenderman.

Also I saw no ads or info about Atomic Blonde apart from the fact that Charlize Theron was in it, so I thought it was a badly titled Blondie biopic.

I'd be cool with that too

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

a star war betamax posted:

i hope sum1 pushes ur wheelchair down the stairz

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Raging Bull
Night of the Living Dead
Persepolis
Yong Frankenstein
Clerks
The Artist
Sin City
Pi

E: kinda ambivalent about Pi. Enjoyed it when I saw it 10+ years ago, but would probably find it a bit wanky now

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Are you all colorblind or are we talking about a different Fury Road than Mad Max?

Cause that was in color.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

bitterandtwisted posted:

The Artist
Sin City

Haha yikes

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

WampaLord posted:

Are you all colorblind or are we talking about a different Fury Road than Mad Max?

Cause that was in color.

The DVD extras of Fury Road have a black & white version that film nerds having been wanking themselves silly over for some reason.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Entropic posted:

The DVD extras of Fury Road have a black & white version that film nerds having been wanking themselves silly over for some reason.

Oh my god, that sounds like the worst thing ever.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Entropic posted:

Let's take a film known partiality for it's exquisite red desert scenery and make it black and white.

*smokes pipe thoughtfully*

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Something something contrast, something something True Art

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shinjobi posted:

But I really want to see the Emoji movie. Just wanna shove my face into the cheese grater.

I live-posted Transformers 5 or 6 (the one with King Arthur) so you can totally take this bullet for the team.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Coucho Marx posted:

Ty for the video, good stuff.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

lol thought someone might remark on those.

Sin City was trashy but I found it fun.
I think people expected The Artist to be way more high brow or avant garde than it was. It was a simple story told well and a gimmick that they did some interesting things with.

Both definitely wouldn't work in colour

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

bitterandtwisted posted:

Raging Bull
Night of the Living Dead
Persepolis
Yong Frankenstein
Clerks
The Artist
Sin City
Pi

E: kinda ambivalent about Pi. Enjoyed it when I saw it 10+ years ago, but would probably find it a bit wanky now

Watch some Bogdanovich

The Last Picture Show
Paper Moon

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Pi was a really great movie when I was 19 and knew nothing.

Soundtrack still holds up though.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

General Dog posted:

Watch some Bogdanovich

The Last Picture Show
Paper Moon

Thanks, I'll give them a look :)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Mist owns in b&w

The Mist owns

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Mist owns in b&w

The Mist owns

Would it own in 3D 🤔🤔🤔

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Emoji movie currently at 0% on RT lmao

I didn't even know that was possible

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You know what they say. Without colours, you won't get my dollars.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Norm of the North VS The Emoji Movie

Who wins?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Emoji movie currently at 0% on RT lmao

I didn't even know that was possible

Did Armond White write his take yet?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I still cannot process how such a movie gets greenlit and approved. Like, when this was being pitched, did they lean real hard on the "This will be a hit with the babbys!"

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

lol at the critics who wrote hundreds of words instead of just a single poop emoji

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bitterandtwisted posted:

lol at the critics who wrote hundreds of words instead of just a single poop emoji

💩

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

There's an emoji movie? What does that even mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

WampaLord posted:

Did Armond White write his take yet?

I'm waiting for him and SuperMechaGodzilla to declare it to be the single greatest human achievement.

• Locked thread