Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Veritek83 posted:

Pretty sure this will be capable of full auto

footage from the goon private server

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGiJKRzBG74&t=173s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Inspector_666 posted:

So, pretty much another SKS in the end.
Will hopefully be closer to the k98 in terms of damage. Or full auto if not.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I don't care how it plays, the M14 is extremely my poo poo and I'm very excited it's coming. Hopefully it won't just be from cargo drops.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Much like with the SKS they picked the ugliest and dumbest possible setup for an M14. When they finally add Mosins they'll be in Archangel stocks probably.

BTW it uses 10 and 20 round mags so it'll be like going full-auto with the VSS, run out immediately and reload forever.

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

Finally, my first solo win! Managed to get 8 kills. Feel free to tell me how poo poo I am and that I should have dropped all my 9mm in order to pick up more berries.

Some of the video is sped up to not bore you to death and all the kills are in the description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqhjT-fnWvM

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

So, I guess it will either be a slightly stronger SKS if it's a crate gun or an on-par but less stupid looking SKS? Doesn't really seem all that necessary.

Cartridge wise, it should be stronger than the SKS.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Miguel Prado posted:

Finally, my first solo win! Managed to get 8 kills. Feel free to tell me how poo poo I am and that I should have dropped all my 9mm in order to pick up more berries.

Some of the video is sped up to not bore you to death and all the kills are in the description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqhjT-fnWvM

drat dude. That first kill, it could have been all over for you right there if that guy had had the sense of mind to do, well, pretty much anything other than what he did. Nice job.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

oh my god I finished in second place a few games ago when I had the last guy in my sights but panicked over the blue circle and died stupidly as I came out of cover. Figured I blew my best chance at a solo win BUT THEN

thank god for my trusty S12K, great circle luck, and the last guy being real bad and not killing me while I stood up from prone in the final moments

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

DrNutt posted:

I don't care how it plays, the M14 is extremely my poo poo and I'm very excited it's coming. Hopefully it won't just be from cargo drops.

Bad news

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
PU just said new gun is crate only on Grimmz stream. Lame.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Shima Honnou posted:

Much like with the SKS they picked the ugliest and dumbest possible setup for an M14. When they finally add Mosins they'll be in Archangel stocks probably.

BTW it uses 10 and 20 round mags so it'll be like going full-auto with the VSS, run out immediately and reload forever.

Instead of the Mosin, they should add in the Obrez as a new sidearm...

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

All official PUBG updates will come in Discord DMs or Twitch Stream chat.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Well since it takes the same cartridge as the M24 is should do about the same damage if they want to keep the damage consistent between the same cartridges, though that seems pretty insane for a semi/full auto rifle.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Studio posted:

All official PUBG updates will come in Discord DMs or Twitch Stream chat.

Yeah this guy is fanboying too hard at this point. Didn't Doc's 7-day ban get shortened as well? Unless he bought a new account with a same-ish nickname.

There's something perverse about watching utter poo poo human beings playing your game all the time. Like masturbating over a picture of yourself.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Doc bought a new account and named it windowkick

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

GlassWindow, yeah. But really shortly after he was back to his old nick.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Well since it takes the same cartridge as the M24 is should do about the same damage if they want to keep the damage consistent between the same cartridges, though that seems pretty insane for a semi/full auto rifle.
Eh, they haven't given a poo poo about that before. Thompson does more than the Vector, SKS does more than the AKM, UMP does more than the Uzi, etc. Not that there's a problem with any of that, really. Abstraction like that gives more flexibility when it comes to game balance. If they gave that much of a poo poo about realism, there would be a minimum of 4 new ammo types to deal with and a bunch of attachments would become specific to a single gun. Ain't nobody wanna deal with that.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Best part would be if you had to reload the ammo mags by yourself, bullet by bullet.

Also won a solo game and it was only 2nd game of the day. Avoiding combat mostly until the end seems to work, spiced with better positioning. The two remaining dudes were camping behind trees, and I killed them one by one by using the hilly terrain to my advantage. Tree huggers really are fun to shoot at if you can easily position yourself to a different direction thanks to hill cover.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ihmemies posted:

Best part would be if you had to reload the ammo mags by yourself, bullet by bullet.

Also won a solo game and it was only 2nd game of the day. Avoiding combat mostly until the end seems to work, spiced with better positioning. The two remaining dudes were camping behind trees, and I killed them one by one by using the hilly terrain to my advantage. Tree huggers really are fun to shoot at if you can easily position yourself to a different direction thanks to hill cover.

The hills have chicken dinners

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

This new gun seem like it doesn't add a ton? If they want a crate super AK there's the groza, if you want a semi auto battle rifle there's the sks

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I had a heartbreaking match last night. I was #10 and had great circle position and good gear at stalber...and got wedged in the geometry. All I did was back toward a corner where a wall and pillar met to 3rd person a wall. I didn't know I was stuck until I tried to ambush someone. It didn't look like I was in the geometry. I got all the way to #5 still stuck with me frantically trying to free myself. It wouldn't let me jump or prone but could spin freely.
I was about to be like 2 meters out of the circle and saw someone over the wall looking the opposite way.
I got desperate and tried to grenade him since I was going to die to circle but the grenade stayed stuck and killed me. If I had a do-over I'd just stay there and pop the ton of meds and boosts to see how long I could last

cosmicjim fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 28, 2017

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

I get the impression this is how they balance/test new guns in prod and it's relatively dumb

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

The new gun seems like it will basically be the SKS 2, but just a tiny bit different? From a content design point of view, that is literally/metaphorically not a lot of bang for buck. The crossbow, no matter how kinda garbo it is at the moment, legit has some interesting ways / times to use it.

I wonder how the game will cope with having 30 weapons later in development where 90% have overlap. It'd be interesting if at the start of a match a random pool of 10 is drawn to spawn around the map, so every game has a different selection of weaponry.

Fishbus fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jul 28, 2017

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Fishbus posted:

I wonder how the game will cope with having 30 weapons later in development where 90% have overlap. It'd be interesting if at the start of a match a random pool of 10 is drawn to spawn around the map, so every game has a different selection of weaponry.

I'm all for more variety where there's a bunch of roughly equivalent guns that exist basically just so everyone has a different visual model and maybe different sounds, but I don't see why that kind of thing would have to come at a one-a-month trickle.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Only thing that would make the MK14 great over the other sniper rifles in crates are if they pulled the Kar98k (cause it's a booby prize compared to the M24/AWM) and the gun also had a bipod.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I'm wondering if the crossbow would be worth holding on to for the late game because I could definitely see scenarios where being completely silent would be key

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Rex-Goliath posted:

I'm wondering if the crossbow would be worth holding on to for the late game because I could definitely see scenarios where being completely silent would be key

and head shots through a level 3 helmet!

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I know this thread loves streamer news so some streamer who is definitely an adult named Summit1g thought someone was "streamsniping" him, but then was killed by another unrelated player immediately after. Mistakenly blamed the unrelated player for the imaginary crimes of the first, who was then promptly banned from the game. Bluehole is making magic.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Ashrik posted:

I know this thread loves streamer news so some streamer who is definitely an adult named Summit1g thought someone was "streamsniping" him, but then was killed by another unrelated player immediately after. Mistakenly blamed the unrelated player for the imaginary crimes of the first, who was then promptly banned from the game. Bluehole is making magic.

Good job rehashing something further up the page and getting the details wrong.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ashrik posted:

Yeah I watched the clip, the guy is running out in the open after a fire fight. Not even checking if anyone was around.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

TheFonz posted:

Good job rehashing something further up the page and getting the details wrong.

I will report u for postsniping me

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Digital Jedi posted:

I just don't get why streamers don't delay the stream by a few seconds and just block the minimap

Most streams are delayed, and a lot of them do cover the minimap and even cover their screen until they've landed. It doesn't matter. People are going to stream snipe, and if you play video games publicly for a living it's an occupational hazard you should just have to deal with. Snap banning someone because they killed a streamer who was already tilting is loving stupid and I hope they get raked over the coals for this.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Is there a cheat or anything that allows you to shoot through walls? I dropped in at the school and was in a side room by myself, facing the door, when I got tagged from the side by a shotgun. I looked over that direction but there was no one else in the room, and as he shot the next few rounds I could see the flash of his gun clipping through the wall each time.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
It's not a cheat, sometimes walls and their colliders fail to render and hit detection is client side for them so you're getting blasted through nothing.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Leaderboards reset August 1st

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1451700696550878710

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Most streams are delayed, and a lot of them do cover the minimap and even cover their screen until they've landed. It doesn't matter. People are going to stream snipe, and if you play video games publicly for a living it's an occupational hazard you should just have to deal with. Snap banning someone because they killed a streamer who was already tilting is loving stupid and I hope they get raked over the coals for this.

Set the delay to 10 minutes and congrats no one can stream snipe you. If people can figure out how to stream poker, surely we can get over sniping in a shooter.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

It's not a cheat, sometimes walls and their colliders fail to render and hit detection is client side for them so you're getting blasted through nothing.

From what I've noticed it's not just generally failing to render, but there is some weird offset where it all renders 500m+ away from where it's supposed to.

I didn't try shooting at the misplaced assets, but I was able to down a guy who I presume I shouldn't have been able to hit who looked to me like he was walking in the air.

You can shoot through the "missing" assets but you can't walk through them.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Neon Belly posted:

Set the delay to 10 minutes and congrats no one can stream snipe you. If people can figure out how to stream poker, surely we can get over sniping in a shooter.

You also can't interact with your chat in close to realtime, which is kind of essential for their business, so that's not really a realistic solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Kamikaze Raider posted:

You also can't interact with your chat in close to realtime, which is kind of essential for their business, so that's not really a realistic solution.
another options: a job

• Locked thread