Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That isn't a mustache, it's a symbol. On my planet it means "Hey gurrrl"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

http://mashable.com/2017/07/25/zack-snyder-dc-dceu-movies-justice-league-david-ayer-gotham-city-sirens/#NRLchRBpNkqs

The rumour mill is saying the Snyders' future with the DCEU will be "limited" and "you'll be seeing a lot more of Whedon at DC movie premieres".

Personally I liked the darker nature of the DCEU movies. I know a lot of people wanted family friendly escapism and MoS and BvS were heavier than they expected but I liked that. :shobon:

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Superman's face when he gets asked if he bleeds is amazing. "Dude, what the gently caress is your problem?"

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mr. Apollo posted:

http://mashable.com/2017/07/25/zack-snyder-dc-dceu-movies-justice-league-david-ayer-gotham-city-sirens/#NRLchRBpNkqs

The rumour mill is saying the Snyders' future with the DCEU will be "limited" and "you'll be seeing a lot more of Whedon at DC movie premieres".

Personally I liked the darker nature of the DCEU movies. I know a lot of people wanted family friendly escapism and MoS and BvS were heavier than they expected but I liked that. :shobon:

Ah, the rumor mill. The ones that gave us "Ben Affleck is quitting, Zack Snyder is being forced out and the DCEU is being reduced" all of which turned out to not merely be inaccurate, but specifically wrong.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Snowman_McK posted:

Ah, the rumor mill. The ones that gave us "Ben Affleck is quitting, Zack Snyder is being forced out and the DCEU is being reduced" all of which turned out to not merely be inaccurate, but specifically wrong.
Page views don't generate themselves.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I wish Joss Whedon would fall off the face of the earth so we wouldn't be burdened with his awful movies.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Yaws posted:

I wish Joss Whedon would fall off the face of the earth so we wouldn't be burdened with his awful movies.

Followed closely by his obnoxious fans.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
One of the strangest posts I've seen on film is someone going "They should have given Whedon Man of Steel, he's got such an ability to create great visuals"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Snowman_McK posted:

One of the strangest posts I've seen on film is someone going "They should have given Whedon Man of Steel, he's got such an ability to create great visuals"

if you know that person in real life, check and make sure that they've got eyes and not some sort of weird lizard living in their eye sockets or something

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

if you know that person in real life, check and make sure that they've got eyes and not some sort of weird lizard living in their eye sockets or something

It was on the IMDB movie boards, which I used to stop in on just to remind me how grateful I should be to be here. I mean, as weird as it gets here sometimes, no one here has ever started a thread asking if Jonathon or Christopher Nolan is a better writer.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Jonathan Kent appears next to the rejuvenation chamber.

"Before you bring my son back to life, have you thought about the consequences? Do you think the world is ready for the reversal of death? If people knew a man could come back from the dead, how would they react?

Let me tell you the story of a pig of some renown on my Pa's farm when I was a kid..."

Not sure if referencing Charlotte's Web or Babe. It doesn't help that my memories of those two are melding together.

Also doesn't help I always assumed Babe was set in Australia. (and it was filmed here, so)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That isn't a mustache, it's a symbol. On my planet it means "Hey gurrrl"

:laffo:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

joylessdivision posted:

Followed closely by his obnoxious fans.

Whedon's fans aren't the problem. I actually like Whedon's stuff, while recognizing he has some real bad limitations. You could say the same thing about Snyder.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Whedon's fans aren't the problem. I actually like Whedon's stuff, while recognizing he has some real bad limitations. You could say the same thing about Snyder.

I don't mind a few Whedon quips; he can be really funny it just wears when it's people talking like they're chilling with their buds in every single scene.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Mr. Apollo posted:

I'm thinking more like 2015's Fantastic Four. :(

I'm pretty oblivious and thick to most symbolism in movies but I'm assuming this

and this

aren't coincidental.

You aint kiddin

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 28, 2017

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Love this

:allears:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Looks like Marvel is getting into the "recreate classical paintings" game too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well ya gotta post what painting that is recreating

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Well ya gotta post what painting that is recreating
Good point, let me rephrase that, "recreating the look and feel of classical paintings".

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

For sure, it looks like something.

Edit: think I found it

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 28, 2017

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I came across that one too. I think you're right.

That screen cap definitely feels familiar to me. I found several classical paintings with a similar idea of the heavens opening up and angels pouring out ready to do battle but nothing exactly like that.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Clearly you've never been lectured about why you need to stop everything and watch "Firefly" and how your wrong for not watching it.

He's not a terrible writer, but when he gets up his own rear end with the quips it gets tedious.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
He's like Sorkin in the sense that he has one thing he's really good at, but that's his only setting. The first time he has a villain giving their big speech get interrupted by a punch, it's great. But then, by the third time it's happened in the same movie, you start to realise he actually doesn't have that many tricks.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 28, 2017

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

teagone posted:

Love this

:allears:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I saw the trailer. Im curious if there's a deeper meaning here or just Snyder having fun with recreating famous paintings.

That particular painting was referenced in BvS as well, when Superman is in space after being nuked.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

He's like Sorkin in the sense that he has one thing he's really good at, but that's his only setting.

His 'building a family' story is basically all he has. Everything, Firefly, Buffy, Avengers etc all focus on the same thing. It doesn't help that he's not very good at writing different character voices. It's a very good thing that they've hired someone who actually makes funny movies to handle Thor.

Hell, Alien Resurrection and Firefly may as well share characters.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

well why not posted:

His 'building a family' story is basically all he has. Everything, Firefly, Buffy, Avengers etc all focus on the same thing. It doesn't help that he's not very good at writing different character voices. It's a very good thing that they've hired someone who actually makes funny movies to handle Thor.

Buildinga family is about 1/3 of Batman's publication theme.

That would be an awesome movie for this character. I know they're going in a different direction, but a bat family film after JL where he is making amends with Nightwing, recruiting Batgirl, meeting Batwoman, and training Tim Drake could rule.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

That's true. He's well suited to these ensemble films, I just wish someone else would direct and do the dialogue.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

joylessdivision posted:

Clearly you've never been lectured about why you need to stop everything and watch "Firefly" and how your wrong for not watching it.

He's not a terrible writer, but when he gets up his own rear end with the quips it gets tedious.

I have watched Firefly. I actually like it, if you take it for what it is (a serial television show about cosplaying space nerds trying to be Han Solo).

It doesn't deserve the level of fandom it got, though.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

For sure, it looks like something.

Edit: think I found it

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Immortals is sick as hell.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Immortals is sick as hell.

I agree, I love that movie and I don't understand the hate it gets. It's fuckin' wild! Where you gonna see stuff like that?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

well why not posted:

As HINDU recently said, nothing wrong with a motif. The last problem I have with Whedon is that he explores similar ideas in different stories. That's just having a cohesive oeuvre

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Man, this Goya, huh? Really dark stuff!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/rehsifyar/status/891113677868474368

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

New Joker confirmed?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Remains to be seen how interesting they make Cyborg.

His backstory doesn't come up much even though it's pretty good; athletic son of scientist parents (no slouch intellectually either, presumably on a football scholarship) is brutally maimed in an accent/by some interdimensional acid monster, is hastily cyborgified by his dad and it seems in this version with a Mother Box, and is no longer able to be an athlete but has another means of physical expression.

...kind of like Doctor Strange when I put it that way, but more interesting.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Inescapable Duck posted:

Remains to be seen how interesting they make Cyborg.

His backstory doesn't come up much even though it's pretty good; athletic son of scientist parents (no slouch intellectually either, presumably on a football scholarship) is brutally maimed in an accent/by some interdimensional acid monster, is hastily cyborgified by his dad and it seems in this version with a Mother Box, and is no longer able to be an athlete but has another means of physical expression.

...kind of like Doctor Strange when I put it that way, but more interesting.
Im pretty sure I've read that Cyborg's backstory will be the focus of Justice League.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Apollo posted:

Im pretty sure I've read that Cyborg's backstory will be the focus of Justice League.

In the most recent origin of the JL in the comics, Cyborg proves himself to be a key player to stop Darkseid, so I'd expect the film to go through if not identical, similar plot beats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

Mr. Apollo posted:

Well, Darkseid wants those mother boxes, and Cyborg is rather attatched to his.