Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin telling Jason poo poo got hosed up but they're fine. Jason says he kinda wishes he had won HOH, but not really. They know they're safe this week so they're chilling.

Raven doing damage control with Mark.

Jason rambling to Mark. He says "they" were gunning for him hard the week Dom went. Mark wants to know who and Jason kind of back tracks. He says they're gunning for Cody and Jess but with her Temptation he doesn't know what. Mark asks if he'll be in trouble for his association with Cody and Jason says yeah. Mark asks if Maven, Paul, and Kevin have said anything about him and Jason just stutters and non-answers and says no one wanted to send him home, just wanted him up as a pawn but Jason fought for him. Mark thanks him. Jason says if he goes up they'll work on that but he doesn't think anyone is gunning for him. Jason says he told Cody that they'd be working together if Mark hadn't flipped. He says he did it to try and plant a seed or something. I'm always lost with Jason. Jason tells Mark to "not pull a Jason" and freak out. Mark asks when things flipped. Jason says last night. Jason complains about Alex being mean to him all the time.

Jess ranting about someone with a "pea brain" calling something a "low blow." I can only assume Josh. Jess says she wants to vomit about all the rear end kissing and says Cody aced it. Cody says they won't buy it if he keeps up pretending to be a nice, social, reasonable person. Then he calls Fake Cody a loser. Its gotten weird. Jody are happy the crowd "ohhhhed" at her Temptation reveal. Elena's here now. Jess says people are making GBS threads their pants that they can't put them up. This seems passive aggressive in front of Elena. Or just self absorbed and inconsiderate. Mark's here now. Jess is already complaining about being criticized for her game moves out of the house saying people will be working with more information. Jess seems to be in the process of retconning that Ramses wasn't her fault. Jess reveals that Mark punched a wall after the eviction. Jess asks if anyone's talking about the Temptation and Mark says no. Cody says there's nothing to talk about. "It is what it is." Cody says he's feeling as mad as Mark even though he's also happy. Mark says he's happy Jody are safe, Elena isn't mad at him, and Paul is HOH. Mark says Josh told him he turned his back on people and Mark admits he did and he can't deny it and its karma. Jess asks if Paul will take out Josh this week to keep him out of Jury.

WTF?!

Jason tells Alex about his Mark talk and Alex tells him to stop telling people stuff.

Cody doesn't want Marlena to be ripped apart before jury. Mark doesn't think Paul would do that. Paul joins them. He says he's making "big boy moves" this week and they need to cover him next week. Cody is glad the four of them are together. Elena says the rest of them lied to her about the question she got out on (they did). Jess doesn't understand why they'd lie about the HOH and try and prevent them from winning. God, Jess doesn't understand BB. Cody asks what she's going to do this week. Elena says she needs to calm down and see what Paul does but "I'm probably going to start being a oval office, but super subtly." Cody's really happy to have a bunch of smug friends at the bottom. Elena seems like she's really going all in on this. Maybe she'll come to her senses but pride is a hell of a thing and Elena's really prideful. She decides to go to the kitchen and make people feel awkward.

Cody is surprised everyone was honest about their votes and just drew sides. Mark says he may be naive but he's not worried. He doesn't want to go home before Josh and miss jury. Cody wonders if anyone will talk game with them this week. Jess doesn't see why not. Jesus, Jess. Mark asks if she knows what the Curse is and Jess says she can't answer for some dumb rear end reason. I think she's just high on being cryptic about it. Cody hopes America hates that they kept the guy who was berating Jessica. Mark says 100%. Mark says he would have gone crazy of Cody hadn't come back. He says he's going to talk to Paul. Jess sincerely believes Paul will target Josh before Jury.

I have no idea what to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So do we think these people are actually idiots, or just delusional? Whatever it is they think they're doing, they're making Josh look like a Rhodes scholar.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The very best Big Brother players are the ones who are consistently able to convince other people that their best interests are everyone else's best interest.

Here we have a bunch of morons who are terrible Big Brother players and are consistently convincing themselves that other people's best interests are and should be whatever they think is their best interests.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. They're narcissists who can't see beyond their own perspective and interests. Its really, really extreme but Cody and Jess have basically spent a month locked in a room together reinforcing their own delusions, arrogance, and martyr complexes.

The biggest mind gently caress is that they're so clueless about house dynamics, but that's what happens when you spend 22 hours a day in your bed and have no game allies.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm glad Jody didn't get their way and all, but losing Ramses really is a drat shame. He was the only person in the house who had Paul's number and short of his disastrous lack of campaigning last week he was actually playing intelligently. It's too bad he drank the HoH kool-aid, I guess.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mark doesn't think Paul would risk hurting his relationship with Elena to send him home. He doesn't think Paul is afraid of Josh so he doesn't know who he is afraid of. Jess once again picks the time when a vulnerable person is worrying to be smug about being safe. Mark says they're safe but he hopes they campaign for him if he goes up. Cody says he doesn't think they're campaigning works. He's not wrong. Jess leaves. Mark says he can't imagine the house wants Josh in Jury. Now they're just bashing Josh. Cody says he's going to let the world know what a scumbag Josh is. Cody asks Mark if Paul will put up Alex/Jason. Dear Lord.

Jess, Cody, and Mark legit don't think they're the targets after being "blindsided".

Paul doesn't think the Temptation is real or she would have used it. He's telling Kevin and Mark all about it and that Jess just drew more heat on her and Cody. Mark says he can see this all more clearly than Elena and she's just mad she was lied to. Paul's still sore about the "keep your dog on a leash" line. Paul says he wouldn't encourage Josh to go after Mark. Mark says he crossed a line today. Paul says that proves he didn't know he was safe because he wouldn't have done pots and pans if he did.

Jess explains to Cody that she's lying about them being safe so Paul doesn't think of nominating them. She doesn't want him to try because he thinks he'll ask DR and they'll tell him what it is and that the Curse is a "Rewind." Huh? Apparently Jess actually thinks she knows the Curse. Cody saying he told someone he was "disappointed" that they built so much loyalty and it was wasted. Jess thinks Paul is going to nominate Alex/Jason or Josh/Raven. She says she wanted to threaten Paul when she gave him the HOH key (yet she didn't). Jess thinks no one thought she was capable of lying and that she floored Paul. Cody says that makes them more scared of her. Guys, that's a bad thing. These are the smuggest targets in BB history. Jess boasts about her "I'm not the only liar in the house" line which seems to be backwards. But she's really proud. Cody doesn't want to be friends with anyone. Jess wants to punch Raven in the face. She hates her because she lies and talks poo poo about people. Uhhh...

Jess doesn't want to have to sleep with people. She's annoyed Christmas has her own bed and hopes she gives them it. She mocks Christmas for fun.

Elena joins Paul, Mark, and Kevin. Paul asks if she wants to talk. Elena says no and just sits there being salty. Paul says there's no way Jessica has a power that keeps two people safe for multiple weeks. He asks why she was on the block if she had a Pendant of Protection. He says they can't get protection to Jury. Mark says if its big then the Curse is big. Paul asks why she'd tell them if she had that power and make herself a target. Elena says there's holes in her story. Kevin points out she only mentioned it when she was in trouble. Mark asks if they can ask DR. Paul doesn't know. Mark asks if he could just lie about having a Temptation and Paul says yeah. Paul says he could lie about his temptation but if someone asked him directly he had to clarify honestly. Paul thinks her revelation was a direct attack on him. Elena says she was surprised she did that and Mark says he doesn't like it.

Christmas, Alex, and Jason discuss Jody and Marlena cliqueing up and Elena's temper tantrum. Christmas says Elena feels she was lied to but she never actually asked her or talked to her about things. Christmas says she thinks Elena thought she was playing a better game and knew what was happening in the house. Jason says she's mad at herself. Josh joins them. They all say they like Ramses but he was a casualty of the game. Josh says Elena campaigned against him so she's a target to him. They discuss the Temptation. Christmas wonders if Julie cut her off because it was a lie and Julie couldn't say anything. Josh says America wouldn't give her a prize. They talk about Mark being a lovely player and Josh torturing him.

Elena starts talking and Paul does his who cover for the blindside. Elena rambles about paranoia and trust. She says she doesn't know where she stands in the house. Paul says he thinks she's fine but he only speaks for himself. He suggest talking to Maven and Elena says they "don't speak" they just "kiss and lick and hug." Elena says it makes it worse that she knew it was happening. Paul asks more about the Temptation and Mark says he asked questions but she said "I can't lie so I won't say." Paul and Kevin point out how shady that is. Mark is confused about whether she can lie. Paul says she could but the DR won't lie for her if someone asks. Mark asks why Josh messes with him. Kevin says he does it because he knows it works. Mark thinks he was a coward for waiting until today. Mark rants about how he scared Josh and he can tell by his body language. Mark thinks Josh following him around with pots and pans was equal to physical assault.

Paul leaves and tells Christmas' crew that Marlena are throwing Jody under the bus.

Elena's ranting to Mark and Kevin about how she knew about the blindside but they didn't know she knew and that's why she's mad. Elena's REAL mad but also REALLY wants to make it clear she was NOT blindsided or tricked. Kevin's stirring the pot about people like Maven lying to her. He says he thought they were aligned and Marlena deny it. Elena says it will make being HOH easier now that she has targets.

Paul's with Marlena now and they've basically shifted away from anger and into groveling. Paul's in his element and at his worst to watch. So I'm not really. Mark actually mostly reasons out Jess' Temptation as being a "reset" if she gets evicted. Paul and Elena shoot it down. Poor Mark. He was smart for once and no one listened.

Christmas and Alex are going over all kinds of stuff. I point this out because I haven't mentioned it but the two of them seem to have gotten close the last week. Considering Alex nearly nominated Christmas the week before its a pretty impressive turnaround. I don't know if Alex is like ready to trust Christmas or anything but they talk game and hang out a lot.

Mark wants to hug Elena and she doesn't want him touching her. Its an extended, weird conversation.

AMF celebrate in storage. Paul tells Alex that he's calling out Jess' bluff and forcing her to expose her power if she has it.

Kevin tells Christmas and Jason that Elena's mostly mad about Matt and Raven. The three bond a little over being the 3 oldest in the house and talk about Elena being a spoiled brat.

Josh: Did you touch my blanket?
Mark: Oh my God.
Josh: I'm just loving with you.
Mark: Until I say something at you. Until I come at you. Can we be somewhat civil for the rest the house?
Josh: No, I'm sorry.
Mark: Ok, I wanted to ask.
Josh: We can have fun. I'm never gonna throw a low blow. I'm never gonnna say nothing offensive. But I want to torture you just a little bit. So you can see what it feels like.
Mark: So we can have fun like old times?
Josh: No. No. Just with a little bit of torture.
Mark: So like old times?
Josh: No. Just a little bit of torture. But I won't touch your stuff. Deal.
Mark: Deal.
Josh: It all starts tomorrow.

Paul and Christmas talking about Jody whining about "being secluded." Christmas says Elena will come to him soon after she gets her story together.

They're playing some game called "Mobsters". Jessica is participating, surprisingly. I guess she's back in social mode. Two people are mobsters and 1 person is a detective and everyone else is a civilian. The objective is for the mobsters to kill the detective and the detective has to find the mobsters? I don't know. Civilian Elena gets killed by Mobster Raven. Detective Alex kills Mobster Raven. Mobster Kevin kills Josh. Cody is there now. Ok, I think I get the game now. Mobsters and Detectives take turns killing people until one of them are eliminated. Cody is gone now. He last 2 minutes. Det Alex kills Jason. The last surviving Civilian Christmas wants Det Alex to kill Monster Kevin. Its Kevin's turn and he kills Christmas. Alex wins? I guess because she would have had the last turn and no choice but to kill Mobster Kevin? This looks fun.

They go for Rd 2 but someone farts and clears the room.

This is probably going to be a boring week with a united Jody target and them smug they're safe. And then maybe the same exact week the next one.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The game is typically called Mafia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Mafia's different in that everybody votes to kill the selected target (or not), and the mafia gets a free kill every night. They're similar though; I was thinking the same thing. It actually seems like a great way to kill time in there. Just...how do they select roles? They don't have pen and paper or playing cards or anything.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Seems like 1 person is the host who assigns roles and monitors the whole thing and makes up a little story. Paul did the first round. I saw Christmas do another. Seemed fun. For all these folks problems they seem to do a better job entertaining themselves than last year's crew.

And just because a part of me will always be 13...

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Mobsters was actually a really fun watch. It started about 1am eastern/10pm BB time if anyone cares to see it on rewind.

Josh was so loud throughout the whole thing, everyone just kept yelling "shoot Josh!" (you have to stop talking when you're dead)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I feel like Jess could have painted a better target on Mark and Elena if she hadn't announced the temptation she has. I dunno why she thinks it helped because now Paul will probably just put the two of them up and keep Mark and Elena as backup targets in the event her temptation somehow blocks his nomination. But it looks like he's doing exactly what I thought he would do, and is going to make her prove what she claimed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Besides the fact that Jessica proved last week that she's a strategic idiot with no real sense of house dynamics or others' perception of her... she also seemed to just be driven by anger, spite, and smugness last night. She wasn't thinking about the game at all. She was just focused on laughing at all the silly, stupid people who made the mistake of lying to her because now they'll suffer thanks to her power. The fact that it only buys them one week and this behavior only makes things worse for them never seemed to occur to her. She was feeding on the self satisfaction of it all. And the fact that "America" gave it to her so they could keep being convinced they're the beloved heroes.

If Elena hadn't been going through her own nervous breakdown about losing all control of the game (which she thought she had a lot of) she probably would have gotten really annoyed at the way Jess was throwing her power and "safety" around in a way that screws over Mark and Elena. Paul would be smart to play that angle and probably to talk to Jess and see if he can get her to (a) tell him about her power and (b) throw Marlena under the bus as better targets. And even if she doesn't I doubt Paul has any reservations of lying about it.

Jess, Cody, and a lot of viewers are thinking like "if Paul puts up Jody its a wasted HOH" but they're not considering that if Paul plays this right he could (a) burn the Hex, (b) turn Elena and Mark against Jody, (c) make sure no one even considers targeting anyone but Jody next week, and (d) making sure the house sees he put their shared target up beyond just trying to "save" his HOH for selfish reasons. I hope Paul doesn't do these things because I would like to see him fall, not get more powerful, but the equations of this week are so much more complicated than Jessica's simplistic "we're safe so its a waste" logic.

A funny side note from last night is that my take on things is that Elena's SUCH a control freak who is freaking out about her game blowing up that she's decided to just abuse and control Mark to maintain some feeling of control. Last night he asked when he can kiss and hug her and she said "When I permit it."

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 28, 2017

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, if it's going to be a wasted HOH, better to just waste it right now than let them go longer than a week with protection. If they don't make her burn it then it just gives her another week where nothing can happen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, for us viewers we should just want to see it get over with. I think we're all kind of tired of no one going home. Cody might have more lives than Victor when this is all said and done.

For Paul and the HGs its just "Jessica, why would we let you hold power to screw us later?" It would be different if Jessica had any game sense or could humble herself to win people over and give them a reason to want to work with them. But she can't and she' won't. At best she and Cody will do their "WE CAN RULE THEM ALL!" spiel to Paul and they've done that so many times now it wouldn't even ring true even f it wasn't stupid to begin with.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Really the take-home point right now is STAC Goat was right a few weeks ago and Cody returning with Jessica winning the Hex was the 1-2 punch the entire middlegame of the season.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The other issue is that she didn't really do work to make people think she might use it to cancel anyone else's eviction. It's clear she would only use it for her or Cody, so even Mark and Elena would hopefully see that it doesn't benefit them in any way.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

Max posted:

I mean, if it's going to be a wasted HOH, better to just waste it right now than let them go longer than a week with protection. If they don't make her burn it then it just gives her another week where nothing can happen.

People keep saying this, but unless Jessica specifically enumerates the terms of her 'power' then Paul can't be certain that nominating her or Cody won't backfire. I mean, his own Temptation gave him hyper-secret immunity that lasted for 3 weeks no matter what anyone else did. And for all he knows she might have some kind of Diamond PoV or, worse yet, a Mega coup d'etat that could even put himself into jeopardy given the right conditions.

There's no guaranteed best move for Paul, but I'm pretty sure he's going to play this correctly and nominate one of Cody/Jess (probably Jess) anyway.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, in terms of backfiring, all it did was make Cody have to pick someone else. Paul is safe as HOH so he may as well take a shot with other noms in his back pocket.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tellah posted:

People keep saying this, but unless Jessica specifically enumerates the terms of her 'power' then Paul can't be certain that nominating her or Cody won't backfire. I mean, his own Temptation gave him hyper-secret immunity that lasted for 3 weeks no matter what anyone else did. And for all he knows she might have some kind of Diamond PoV or, worse yet, a Mega coup d'etat that could even put himself into jeopardy given the right conditions.

There's no guaranteed best move for Paul, but I'm pretty sure he's going to play this correctly and nominate one of Cody/Jess (probably Jess) anyway.

You're right, but again, even with Paul not knowing what Jessica's power is or if he can "burn" it... what's the alternative? To just give in to her threats and vulture your own side? Its dumb that Jessica thinks he'll do that. Its even dumber that Elena and Mark think he will and keep making it so obvious they're with Jody and mad at everyone else. Even if this week ends up being a wash for Paul all he can really do is play with the information he has and try and set himself up for next week. And having the entire house united against Jody (and maybe Marlena) is better for him than selling out the house to give into Jody's threats and giving Jody their best chance to retake power.

Max posted:

I mean, in terms of backfiring, all it did was make Cody have to pick someone else. Paul is safe as HOH so he may as well take a shot with other noms in his back pocket.

And ultimately what Cody and Jess still refuse to recognize is that it wasn't the Temptation that screwed them so much, it was the way they treated their allies. That's the rub. Jess' Temptation might screw Paul but the thing he can affect to counter that is his relationships with his allies.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Tellah posted:

If she had a coup d'etat she wouldn't have blabbed and used it as a threat. CDT is a free HOH basically and she gains absolutely nothing in telling the house she has it when she can use it to stay safe and blindside the people who just betrayed her and Cody AGAIN. She clearly revealed her power to attempt to keep her and Cody off of the block, which also means that it can in no way work like Paul's power did. Similarly, if it were a diamond veto, she could not guarantee both her and Cody's safety with it alone unless the circumstances were just right. Her move was so clearly a bluff that Paul would be an idiot not to call her on it.

Pretty much like Survivor, the correct play is to the flush the idol. It is the choice between at worst, 1 week of protection for Jody, or however many weeks they believe she has it for.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can't imagine Paul not trying to flush whatever this is away while he's safe.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I can see the logic in taking out one of Marlena if you've written them off. I don't agree with it but its basically "Do I want Jody and one of Marlena with a power or all four with no power?" I take no power but I could understand going the other way.

But its Paul so I don't think his ego will let him write off Mark and Elena completely. I assume he'll put Jess and Cody up (not the least because he's told all his allies he will) and then try and work Marlena away from them.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Don't forget that in addition to not knowing what the power is, Paul and the other don't even know how long it lasts. Sure, you could say it's dangerous to go directly after Jody when they have a mysterious power they'll be forced to use, but if this mysterious power expires at the end of this week then it's even more dangerous for Paul to show his hand by nominating Marlena and the power gets used anyway. Alternatively, if the power lasts the entire season, they need to flush it at some point so it's better for Paul to trigger whatever it is now while he'll probably have immunity for the week due to HoH.

I complained about this a lot in the Survivor thread last season, but mysterious powers with rules that are only known to the power holder really suck the strategy out of these games and only encourage boring, conservative gameplay.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah the mystery sucks, but Paul should be able to suss out the general truth of it. He knows what he and Christmas got, so he should know that there's no way the power is giving her AND Cody safety for multiple weeks. That, and she would not even mention it if it were that powerful, so she's got to be bluffing to an extent. It shouldn't be too far to come to the conclusion that it is a one-time power or is only protecting Jessica.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Jess is overselling it. She's trying to make people think she has some kind of Double Pendant after being yelled at by Production for outright lying and claiming she had some kind of Coup de'tat. Besides her just coming off sketchy as hell, the bigger she pretends her power is the more it stinks of bullshit.

There's been doggies on the feeds for awhile so I'm guessing they're doing the Temptation Competition right now.

Also, I really want a doggie.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I know people fly planes over the house with banners pretty often, but have they had any problems with people flying drones?

It would actually be pretty trivial to fly a drone right over the BB house that is rigged to drop papers explaining all the secrets the house doesn't know about and hell buying a phantom and the stuff needed to do it is probably cheaper than hiring a banner plane.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Last year there was some drama of someone flying a drone over the house with a sex doll attached. Michelle thought terrorists were dropping a body or something crazy like Michelle would say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qvDvD3IfWs

My general understanding is that since the BB House is really a movie backlot its actually kind of hard to get at with drones or bullhorns or anything. Like, its not like its a house you can go next door to. Its on a studio lot so you kind of need to get into the place or something. So it takes some planning and effort and runs a solid chance of getting you in trouble.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 28, 2017

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Jessica, Cody, Kevin, Matt, and Raven have opted not to take part in the temptation competition. Kevin and Maven really have no reason to, and I'm guessing Jody's arrogance is going to keep them from the smart move.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Whoops. See them on the block I guess.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Elena was loving unbearable last night, worse than Jody and Mark combined. She was either being aggressively lovely to people (when not playing mobsters, a brief respite) or whining about how she was lied to. She's just pissed that she was trying to play both sides and she got exposed.

In other news, Jason and Josh were horsing around last night and Jason put him in some wrestling hold, which Josh was overly dramatic about:

Josh: Oww, now I have this giant knot in my head!
Paul: That might be the only thing you have in your head!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feeds back. They were told about Temptation Competition. They're a little confused on things. Alex quickly comes to the idea that if one of them goes in and throws the Competition than they go up and can play in the POV.

Matt messing with Jessica saying that if she's safe anyway from her power she should just play in the comp!

Raven: Paul told me not to compete.
Matt: Did he say what I should do?
Raven: He said he wants the votes.
Matt: I'll just ask him what I should do.

Paul strutting around in the HOH robe with the key on his neck. Claims he's "stuck" since the HOH room is locked. Sure, Paul. It would be weird if you were walking around shirtless in your underwear after all.

Mark asks Elena if she's going to compete. She says no, he says yes. Mark does the math that if Jess and Cody are safe and then a third then, welp. Mark's been the smartest of these four the last 18 hours or so. Elena says it could gently caress up Paul's plans. Mark says Paul told him he could go up "as a pawn."

Josh and Jason both say they want to compete. Kevin plays coy and says he can't say. Alex says they could lock up a POV spot. Paul says its their choices and he's not involved.

Kevin tells Alex "its a mind game, not just a physical game" so asks why he'd go up if he knows he's safe this week. Alex says to block Cody and Jess from winning. She says even if he'd go up he'd be safe. Kevin says they told him they're not playing but Alex says they could be lying and be lying about their power. Kevin says he's going to pass.

Jason and Alex talking. Alex doesn't like Kevin's relationship with Jody. Alex says she's playing because she's not letting Cody win. Alex says that Matt thinks Mark and Dom are the "rogue votes." She says Mark and the whole group are on her radar. Josh joins and Alex shuts up. He indicates he doesn't want to play since he feels safe.

Paul telling Alex, Jason, and Kevin that Cody says he's gonna play. He thinks they're lying about their power so will play. Jason agrees. Jason says he's playing to block them. Josh tries to join them and Paul tells him to get the gently caress out. Eventually that's probably going to wear on Josh.

Jess is telling Cody how A Force Awakens confused her.

Mark trades places with Paul and tells Kevin, Jason, and Alex that he's playing to block Josh from winning. Alex asks Mark if Jody have the power. Mark gets defensive saying he doesn't know and she's "judging" him and assuming just because he hangs out with Cody he'd know. Alex is interrogating a little and Mark is really defensive.

Paul tells Matt that Alex and Jason are playing to block Jody. Matt says he isn't playing then. Paul worries about Mark and Elena playing since they're the backup targets. Matt asks what happens if Jody are safe and Marlena win this and POV. Paul calls that "doomsday."

Jess tells Cody and Mark she thinks Alex and Jason are playing but not Matt, Raven, or Kevin. Mark thinks Josh is. Jess tells him to make assumptions. These three still seem to think Josh is the target. They're whispering and Cody is eating really loudly so its hard to hear.

Alex going over past Roadkill comps with Jason. Jason says they're not losing. Alex says she might and she has to be prepared for that. She says she doens't mind that since she'd get to play in POV, but she's clearly nervous.

Jess telling Kevin the Curse isn't that bad. Kevin says he's not playing. Jess advises him to stay out of it.

Mark asking Paul if he has a reason to play. Paul says he doesn't know who is playing and who will lose so he can't really say how things will shake out. Mark whines that the conversation isn't helping. He says he might as well play since he's sucked at comps so far. That's not great logic when losing the comp gets you up, Mark. Paul tells him to do what makes him comfortable. Paul says he'd play if he could because he likes to take risks. He says if Mark loses and goes on the block he can't help him.

Cody trying to convince Jess to tell Paul about her power before noms so he doesn't put them up so they don't have to use it this week. Jess doesn't want Paul knowing its a 1 week power. Cody says it will be a waste if she doesn't take the chance to save it. Jess admits she doesn't want to go to Paul and wanted "that motherfucker to come to me!"
Its Jess thinking she has power and being frustrated Paul isn't playing. My sense of this conversation is Cody wants to play the comp and do every angle and Jess is confident she's bluffed them off the block. They're fighting now. Jess thinks Paul is putting Cody up so Cody correctly reasons that she'll have to use her power anyway. She thinks they could still win POV and that Paul would put up Alex. Jess tells him he doesn't understand the concept of "a poker face." Cody's right here and Jess storms out and says "All right! I'll tell him!"

Paul tells Matt he should play now, because there's enough people in there that he probably won't be last.
Matt: I'll do whatever you want me to od.

Jess and Cody again. Jess says if she goes to Paul now it will raise red flags.
Cody: You don't get it.
Jessica: Then explain it to me.
Cody predicts that he's going to end up on the block and she'll have to use the Hex. Jess doesn't want anyone knowing any details of her power. Jess thinks its a Rewind and Paul will win the HOH a second time. Jess rambles a bunch about Paul being a mastermind and stuff I can't follow. The gist is she doesn't want to humble herself to Paul. Cody says he trusts Jess and Jess snaps at him that it doesn't sound like it. Jess says she rather sit back and see what Paul does and if he puts Cody up that she'll threaten him to use the POV on Cody or he'll regret it. Jess thinks he's going after "somebody" and its not them. Jess says she's regretted every time she's second guessed her intuition. Cody says he trusts them. Jess saying she can't talk to Paul now because she has to be calm and happy and she can't be now. She says she hates gambling and this game is stressing her out. Jess says she doesn't want him to play and someone who "needs" safety could get pissed at him if he does. Cody says he won't play. Jess has a really stupid and baseless theory that Alex is the backdoor target and her and Jason have everyone against them. You got me how she got there.

Jess: We have to think logically and come from a position of strength. They don't know what the Hex is and we need to use that against them. You be the beauty and I'll be the brain.

Paul tells Elena he thinks either Cody will play or neither will to "uphold their bullshit." Elena says its risky and she was leaning towards not. Paul says its up to her but he doesn't think it matters. Elena asks if Josh is playing and Paul says no.

Jess asks Elena if she's competing. Elena doesn't know and says she'll decide in the moment. Jess says her and Cody aren't playing. Jess tells Elena to ask Paul if she has to. Jess says she wants to talk to Paul and figure out what's going on with noms.

Mark saying Paul is good with his words and he doesn't know if he's in danger. He says Paul told Christmas not to compete and Elena says Christmas obviously wouldn't want to compete since she could just lose by default. Elena acts bratty and says she doesn't care. Mark says he's over it and if this is his week its fine. Elena says she doesn't know if she wants to go to Jury with "these people." Elena heel turned HARD.

So right now sounds like Jason, Alex, Matt, and Mark playing. Elena a maybe. Kevin, Jess, Cody, Christmas, and Josh are nos.

Ace Jameson posted:

Elena was loving unbearable last night, worse than Jody and Mark combined. She was either being aggressively lovely to people (when not playing mobsters, a brief respite) or whining about how she was lied to. She's just pissed that she was trying to play both sides and she got exposed.

Elena legit thought she was running the game. I had picked up on it over weeks with stuff she was saying. She thought she was puppet mastering poo poo with Paul. Working with Alex in her HOH, interrogating Christmas about the hinky vote, threatening Jason to get in line. The whole thing blew up her entire self perception and she doesn't seem able to cope. I'm disappointed because I thought she had more game than this but she just seems content to say "gently caress everyone."

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 28, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Max posted:

I feel like Jess could have painted a better target on Mark and Elena if she hadn't announced the temptation she has. I dunno why she thinks it helped because now Paul will probably just put the two of them up and keep Mark and Elena as backup targets in the event her temptation somehow blocks his nomination. But it looks like he's doing exactly what I thought he would do, and is going to make her prove what she claimed.
Well, if she can spook them out of putting her up this week for fear of the temptation, then it buys them some extra time because she could use it for guaranteed safety next week.

This morning Cody is telling her to go tell Paul what the temptation does, in order to talk him out of putting them up, but she doesn't want to do it. Cody is right, but it sounds like she'd rather believe that Paul will put someone else up on his own, or that she doesn't want to crawl to Paul with information. There really is a mutually beneficial deal to be made in there, though, because if Paul doesn't get anyone out this week, he's a week further away from the end of the game compared to if he does. It would be smart for Jess to try to set something up, so it probably won't happen.

Max posted:

True, but Paul already has everyone prepped to turn against Mark and Elena. So he could get started targeting them this week, while also still having the huge house enemies Jess and Cody in front of him. Maybe he could even get a two-week safety deal out of Jess and Cody because by not nominating them this week he's keeping them safe for two weeks. Has there been a single "deal" cut this season?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 28, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mark groveling to Maven about how now he's glad they kept Josh since Ramses could have won this comp and Josh might lose and go up. He tells them Elena's pissed off and they should talk to her. Raven says she was just trying to give her space.

Mark complaining to Elena that Alex assumed he'd know about Jody's power since he's been "locked down" with them. Elena says that's no mystery. Mark tells her about the Maven conversation and Elena SNAPS. She says they can "come suck my dick if they want to." Mark says they can tell she's mad and Elena hilarious asks how she's been acting mad. Elena says four people lied to her and one (Paul) of them "had balls" to talk to her and the other three (Matt, Raven, and Christmas) are scared of her. Mark says how much he hates Christmas. Elena is FURIOUS about Matt and Raven kissing and licking her (apparently Matt licks her) and says she would have attacked them if this was the real world. Mark says they're insistent it was last minute and Elena calls bullshit. Mark says there's a good chance they'll need their votes this week and Elena says she doesn't give a gently caress. Mark says she's associated with him (a hilarious throwback to her constant talks with her) and Elena says "sorry for your bad luck" and "you made that decision." Now Elena's ranting about how Mark has made the decision to be associated with her but she's never made the decision to associate with him its just perception. Elena is so angry she's making no sense.

Doggies again so it might be comp time.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Paul telling Alex, Jason, and Kevin that Cody says he's gonna play. He thinks they're lying about their power so will play. Jason agrees. Jason says he's playing to block them. Josh tries to join them and Paul tells him to get the gently caress out. Eventually that's probably going to wear on Josh.
They had a good excuse to keep him away like that last week... Now, not so much.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul's still insisting to Jody and Marlena that Josh knew nothing and the entire house flip was a last minute thing. It all seems very unnecessary but that's Paul. He overplays and is a control freak. He wants to have his rear end covered with them as best as he can, and it seems like all four have kind of bought into it and are directing a lot of their anger and targets at everyone else.

In a normal group Paul would be exposing himself but the cool kids are so drat dumb for now its working. But you can only be ostracizing Josh and treating him like poo poo for so long before he's going to stop being grateful for saving him. And no one else is really doing that to Josh any more (well, except maybe Alex but she yells at everyone).

THIS is why we hate Paul. He treats people badly and when the feeds turned on HE was the one pushing the majority of the hate and bashing at Josh and ostracizing him. When Cody blindsided him he started treating Josh better because he needed him, but now that he's back on top he's treating Josh like poo poo again because he only needs him as a shield. This is how Paul works. He's a charming dude when he's in trouble, and a real piece of poo poo when he's in power.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

STAC Goat posted:

My general understanding is that since the BB House is really a movie backlot its actually kind of hard to get at with drones or bullhorns or anything. Like, its not like its a house you can go next door to. Its on a studio lot so you kind of need to get into the place or something. So it takes some planning and effort and runs a solid chance of getting you in trouble.

I was in LA last week so I decided to drive by the lot. You can see the studio building and part of the outside backyard wall from the street. It's about 60 yards or so away. There's a bridge nearby which goes over the LA "river" which runs right beside the lot where you could feasibly get within about 30-40 yards of the backyard. Super easy to jump the fence and walk down there or stay on the bridge and fly a drone in.

There's a condo/apartment complex which gets closer to the building. They have a park/tennis court beside it that gets you even closer to the studio.

I took this from the publicly accessible dog park area:

Teek fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 28, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The stuff I've seen online the last few years is that "river" and a highway were actually pretty good barriers and that made it tough. But I have no idea as I've never been there and was just going off what I saw others say when these discussions come up. There's actually not that many cases of people trying this stuff. Just once or twice a season, really.

I imagine its mostly a case of you COULD do it if you wanted to but you'd really only get once chance and you can't practice and there's not a lot of people with the combination of crazy, ability, smarts, and desire to gently caress with a reality show for some online cred.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 28, 2017

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Dogs for three and a half hours, odds Cody or Mark snapped and killed Josh?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Non zero, but its probably just a really dragged out timed comp where each person has to take a turn since the comp has a "lowest score/time" aspect to it. Like the Roadkill comps. So it can take awhile depending on how many people played.

Oh, but also Mark would never kill Josh because he's a giant baby and last night begged Josh to leave him alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feeds back. Mark won and is safe. Alex lost and is nominated. Not great but not actually relevant.

Interesting aspect is that Jess was CERTAIN going in that Alex could be a backdoor target of Paul so there's a CHANCE that she could actually buy into the idea of Alex being the target this week.

I mean, it seems crazy to imagine Paul nominating her and/or Cody and her not using the Hex. But after the last 24 hours or so...

edit: Correction, Jason up, not Alex.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 29, 2017

• Locked thread