Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ojjeorago posted:

Pirate Wells.

Already done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Aleph Null posted:

Even after the fact, Alchemy makes no sense. He never made sense to me. Nothing about that aspect of the plot made sense.

Why did future emo Barry-remnant want to give people the powers they had in Flashpoint?
How was he able to do that? Like, that's a pretty amazing power, being able to bestow abilities on others.
What was the point of Alchemy? Was his job literally just to help people get the powers they had in an alternate timeline? Why? Who came up with this plan? Julian had the magic rock. All Savitar needed was someone to throw it into the speedforce. Savitar knew Barry Allen worked in the same office as the guy who had the magic rock. Wasn't there an easier way to get Barry to throw this rock into the speedforce? Barry's an idiot so a few lies about where it came from and he'd be hurling it like a champ, four or five episodes max.
That whole thing seemed to be a way of giving Wally his powers, so that Savitar could swap places with him and escape the Speed Force Prison. It doesn't really explain why he gave The Rival etc their Flashpoint powers, though.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

So which Wells do we get this season?

With any luck it'll be Wells who was a lawyer who got fired, moved back to his home town, and bought a bowling alley.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thawne again, only he doesn't know everyone already knows because of time, and it's played for comedy.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thawne again, only he doesn't know everyone already knows because of time, and it's played for comedy.

Tons of jokes using "you might say, it's the reverse" just to gently caress with him.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Or just have Thawne show up trying to be Barry's friend and Barry's hate for Thawne slowly ruins his life. The Reverse Flash origin.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Aleph Null posted:

Tons of jokes using "you might say, it's the reverse" just to gently caress with him.
Cisco: "This isn't good..."
Wells: "You might say, it's th-"
Cisco: "Just don't right now"

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Or just have Thawne show up trying to be Barry's friend and Barry's hate for Thawne slowly ruins his life. The Reverse Flash origin.
I'd love for this storyline to show up. I think the producers keep forgetting Thawne is literally the best villain they have, now that they killed off Cold and shuffled him over to LOT for any foreseeable appearances.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

irlZaphod posted:

Cisco: "This isn't good..."
Wells: "You might say, it's th-"
Cisco: "Just don't right now"
Yeah, this would own. Do this.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Ugh, Wally is annoying as gently caress.

--edit:
Also this lovely drama in that cross-over alien episode in season 3. "Oh noes, I had a baby girl in the other timeline, that I don't know anything and shouldn't even care about, but lets mope!"

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 27, 2017

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_7Pz85XJ7Q&t=2177s

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'm nearing the end of season 1. Iris is a shrieking and annoying mess. Does that ivory tower bitching stop eventually?

Combat Pretzel posted:

Ugh, Wally is annoying as gently caress.
:thunk:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Yea, god forbid one might want to find Wally's antics annoying. First helper syndrome to the max and then the entitlement as gently caress in regards to wanting to become a speedster. You'd think that someone initially portrayed as an ingenious engineer would have a bit of common sense of not putting himself in extremely dangerous situations and generally not being mopey about things turn out to be. E.g. the running into traffic based on Jessy's anecdote.

Then again, people keep making fun of the writers, so I guess that argument is redundant.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

Yea, god forbid one might want to find Wally's antics annoying. First helper syndrome to the max and then the entitlement as gently caress in regards to wanting to become a speedster. You'd think that someone initially portrayed as an ingenious engineer would have a bit of common sense of not putting himself in extremely dangerous situations and generally not being mopey about things turn out to be. E.g. the running into traffic based on Jessy's anecdote.

Then again, people keep making fun of the writers, so I guess that argument is redundant.

You'd be shocked at how dumb engineers are. Ingenious ones even more so

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Aleph Null posted:

Edit 2: figured it out. Time remnant Barry is also an idiot.

Well, duh. It's still Barry.

So uh, bit of an odd question, while the second half of the last season was airing I kept getting these really short ads on youtube of a girl in red pulling something over her eyes and then running off at super speed with the speedforce lightning behind her. I assume it was Jessie Quick but I have no idea what the hell it was actually advertising, the ad was all of 5 seconds long and as far as I remember there wasn't actually any branding. I only managed to see it a couple of times but I've not been able to find anything about it since. Does anyone else know what ad I'm talking about and what it was all about?

Xelkelvos posted:

Yep, we're a bunch of idiots just smart enough to get ourselves into trouble.

Luminaflare fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 28, 2017

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

High INT, low WIS.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd forgotten Wally was supposed to be an engineer.

Now I remember that scene where Wally was designing some kinda super engine and Barry came over and showed him up on engine design despite Barry being a crime scene tech with zero background in mechanical engineering

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'd forgotten Wally was supposed to be an engineer.

Now I remember that scene where Wally was designing some kinda super engine and Barry came over and showed him up on engine design despite Barry being a crime scene tech with zero background in mechanical engineering
Wally relies on his natural athleticism.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Combat Pretzel posted:

Yea, god forbid one might want to find Wally's antics annoying.

I recently discovered that if you make a single negative comment about a non-white actor it makes you a racist.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Or if the only characters you complain about are the black ones

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think I've complained about Katelyn and Barry enough to build up some complaining about black characters credits

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

I recently discovered that if you make a single negative comment about a non-white actor it makes you a racist.

Racism is about how other people perceive you and not how you identify.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Every character on this show has been annoying except for Cisco, who is a perfect angel that we don't deserve.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He was kind of annoying about his dumb brother dying.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

He was kind of annoying about his dumb brother dying.

To be fair Barry would have fixed his brother dying in 5 minutes if it had happened during the course of a regular episode. I'd be pissed to if my time traveling friend wouldn't save my siblings life.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spergatory posted:

Every character on this show has been annoying except for Cisco, who is a perfect angel that we don't deserve.

He's pretty bad in episodes with Gypsy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

He's pretty bad in episodes with Gypsy
Cisco is allowed to be a sexual being, like anyone else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

irlZaphod posted:

Or if the only characters you complain about are the black ones

I got a little poo poo because I was so down on Wally last season (and let's be honest, he was horrible) but nobody in this thread outright called me a racist. Two posts about Ned in Homecoming and it was RACIST RACIST RACIST.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cisco is better with tramps and thieves

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Cisco is better with tramps and thieves

Good lord, thanks for the ear worm...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wally's kind of lame.

I don't hate him or anything, but he's firmly stuck in "sidekick" mode.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
He annoyed me less when I found out he's actually Australian and is doing an American accent.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Hi, everyone on this show sucks except for Wells (all of them), Real Reverse Flash, and occasionally Joe West.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I got a little poo poo because I was so down on Wally last season (and let's be honest, he was horrible) but nobody in this thread outright called me a racist. Two posts about Ned in Homecoming and it was RACIST RACIST RACIST.

The Flash has a lot of problems knowing what to do with characters. Julian spent the second half of the season just kinda hanging around, Wally's incredibly stupid one episode long street racing arc, Iris not really having a role beyond Flash's girlfriend.

So much of the show could just be Barry, Cisco doing a thing on a computer, Joe providing moral support, and Iris popping in for 30 seconds near the end to tell Barry to go faster. They need to have problems that can't be solved by Cisco doing a thing ion a computer or Barry going faster so the other characters can have something to do

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I feel like Iris has been used well. She's provided good moral support and challenges Barry intellectually pushing him to be better. She kind of stopped being a journalist at all anymore but I'm sure that's not a standing set.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I feel like Iris has been used well. She's provided good moral support and challenges Barry intellectually pushing him to be better. She kind of stopped being a journalist at all anymore but I'm sure that's not a standing set.

Journalist is such a great ally for a superhero to have. Like, it makes so much sense, she could be tracking down bad guys and finding clues to evil conspiracies. But instead Cisco did a thing on a computer so now they have perfect instant facial recognition cameras throughout the whole city so they never need to to track anyone down. And, not to be mean, but I don't think the Flash writers are clever enough to write a conspiracy plot. So yeah, her only role on the show is being the necessary emotional support to keep stupid Barry from running into a wall or turning into a supervillain.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I guess in the one dumb street racing episode, she tracked down and exposed the whole operation. I think that's the last time she did a journalism

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Should just make her a cop like earth 2 Iris.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Journalist is such a great ally for a superhero to have. Like, it makes so much sense, she could be tracking down bad guys and finding clues to evil conspiracies. But instead Cisco did a thing on a computer so now they have perfect instant facial recognition cameras throughout the whole city so they never need to to track anyone down. And, not to be mean, but I don't think the Flash writers are clever enough to write a conspiracy plot. So yeah, her only role on the show is being the necessary emotional support to keep stupid Barry from running into a wall or turning into a supervillain.

Journalist was great before the age of the internet since those were the types of people in the know about the goings on around town and could generally go into most places and had an interest in places they were barred from. Nowadays, however, everyone has a cell phone and there's CCTV everywhere so anything that doesn't involve literally being at the scene can now be done by a hacker/programmer sort (I forget what type of Engineer Cisco is, though; Mechanical like Ronnie maybe?). So the journalist thing is mostly retained out of tradition rather than utility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Xelkelvos posted:

I forget what type of Engineer Cisco is, though; Mechanical like Ronnie maybe?

Fictional, so he can do literally every technical thing that requires technobabble.

• Locked thread