Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Potato posted:

Random props getting destroyed in these action scenes are what make them great. They just stopped using them completely around season 3 and decided that fight scenes in uninteresting flat-surface, dimly lit spaces was good enough and it's not. The best fight scene of all of last season was the one between Ollie and Adrian with about 4 episodes left when they're just going crazy on each other and smashing through walls and poo poo. Give the fights at least some gravity. Warehouses are just poo poo cinematically.

Without warehouses, the entire Canadian film industry would perish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Emerson would have also made for a really good Clock King, but they already have one.

I'm down for any excuse to put Finch into Arrow though.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I just rewatched the Arrow portion of the Dominators crossover, and it really is an all time great episode for the show. They did such a fabulous job of threading the needle between honoring the show's past, while dealing with the overarching alien invasion plot at the same time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

I just rewatched the Arrow portion of the Dominators crossover, and it really is an all time great episode for the show. They did such a fabulous job of threading the needle between honoring the show's past, while dealing with the overarching alien invasion plot at the same time.

I've been saying it since it airs, it's criminal that Amell won't get any recognition for Olliver's scene with his parents.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

R-Type posted:

Without warehouses, the entire Canadian film industry would perish

Maybe that should be Ollie's platform as mayor. Just get rid of every abandoned warehouse in the city and crime will disappear.

Rhyno posted:

I've been saying it since it airs, it's criminal that Amell won't get any recognition for Olliver's scene with his parents.

It was a really good scene. Amell isn't always fantastic but he really nails it sometimes.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sir Potato posted:

Maybe that should be Ollie's platform as mayor. Just get rid of every abandoned warehouse in the city and crime will disappear.

Somebody already tried destroying the Glades. It didn't take.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

Its Rinaldo posted:

Somebody already tried destroying the Glades. It didn't take.

Too true, although I have to imagine there are less super-villain ways to get rid of abandonment and vacancy in a city than a goddamn earthquake machine.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Sir Potato posted:

Too true, although I have to imagine there are less super-villain ways to get rid of abandonment and vacancy in a city than a goddamn earthquake machine.

I have a giant giant doomsday friendship device... turn your planet into paradise!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
New big bad will be the gentrifier. English dandy in a top hat who has a nefarious plan to demolish all the abandoned warehouses and replace them with microbars and grungy industrial chic hipster cafes.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

The Lord Bude posted:

New big bad will be the gentrifier. English dandy in a top hat who has a nefarious plan to demolish all the abandoned warehouses and replace them with microbars and grungy industrial chic hipster cafes.

I have a strong feeling Ollie would be entirely for this. He's already mentioned having a fleece shirt uniform with birkenstocks and a "backpack full of locally sourced veggies" so I say go hog wild with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LtK3a9y2d8

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I mean Ollie already started the ball rolling with that by opening a club in his Dad's old warehouse in Season 1.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I couldn't remember what Oliver's / Thea's club was called ("Verdant") and had to look it up; I kept thinking of it as "the Bronze" because that's what I do every time a generic club is a regular set on a show like this.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
It's such a good name for the club and if a Star Citizen was smart enough they could probably piece together that Ollie is the Green Arrow from it.

Season 3 was pretty bad but the best part of the entire show for me still remains during a Cupid episode when she leads Ollie to a flower shop called the Sherwood Florist.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sir Potato posted:

It's such a good name for the club and if a Star Citizen was smart enough they could probably piece together that Ollie is the Green Arrow from it.

Season 3 was pretty bad but the best part of the entire show for me still remains during a Cupid episode when she leads Ollie to a flower shop called the Sherwood Florist.

Sherwood Florist is the name of Dinah's shop in the comics.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/videos/1469231483162114/

Stephen Amell continues to show the world how to Facebook and how to life :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Stephen Amell continues to show the world how to Facebook and how to life :allears:

Back off man, I saw him first.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Somewhat Heroic posted:

What exactly is he referring to?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hangedman1984 posted:

What exactly is he referring to?

I guess the first video wasn't posted here. I saw it on the site somewhere, but it must have been in BSS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9aZJpIixJE

In the comments for that video (since deleted) some guy being a goon said "He should tell her to watch a better show" and that's what he's replying to.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Internet: Hey, I know. Lets be a dick about a guy being nice to a kid with cancer. That sounds like a good way to kill time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just like how Amell didn't really insult the guy, he just said to be a better person which is the best way to address that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Amell never really seems to have an issue with people criticizing the show. It's just about the time and place.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or outright being an rear end in a top hat. He's had to call out people on FB a few times but he's always very tactful of it. Seriously such a good dude.

So based on how many childhood heroes have turned out 20 years later I am certain Amell eats babies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

So based on how many childhood heroes have turned out 20 years later I am certain Amell eats babies.

From what I recall, Amell is the reverse. He says he used to be a real rear end in a top hat and being a better person is a conscious choice on his part.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Rhyno posted:

Yes, but only organic, free range, Fair Trade babies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

grack posted:

Yes, but only organic, free range, Fair Trade babies.

His mistake the best babies are Irish

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

From what I recall, Amell is the reverse. He says he used to be a real rear end in a top hat and being a better person is a conscious choice on his part.

Nice. That's exactly what I am trying to do as well and it is very difficult.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

There's a fantastic podcast he did with Aisha Tyler that delves into how Amell sees himself and his role on the show. He talks very candidly about his awful behavior when he first started booking consistent roles, and what eventually broke him out of that spiral.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Narcissus1916 posted:

There's a fantastic podcast he did with Aisha Tyler that delves into how Amell sees himself and his role on the show. He talks very candidly about his awful behavior when he first started booking consistent roles, and what eventually broke him out of that spiral.

You got a link for that?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Rhyno posted:

You got a link for that?

I'm not sure if she's done more than one with him, but her podcast is called Girl on Guy and at least one of the Stephen Amell ones is here http://www.girlonguy.net/podcast/girl-on-guy-153-stephen-amell/

She has great ones with other CW stars too, including Misha Collins and Jared Padelecki of Supernatural.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
paywalled gently caress

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bobkatt013 posted:

His mistake the best babies are Irish

Fact, you need to cook them in Genius though, for authenticity.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So apparently the S6 villain is Richard Dragon? We goin back to kung fu Arrow?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Would be pretty cool if Michael Jai White came back. I'm not sure what Bronze Tiger's status is at the minute in the Arrowverse (I don't think he's been around for a couple of years?) but if they're going and doing kung fu Arrow, he'd be a guy you'd want.

Who's the best legitimate martial artist in the cast? I know David Ramsey has a black belt in jeet kune do.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scyantific posted:

So apparently the S6 villain is Richard Dragon? We goin back to kung fu Arrow?

Isn't Richard Dragon a good guy? Also, does this mean Vic Sage?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Depending on the New 52 canon, there may be two. One who taught the other with the former killed by the latter. It's at least implied that the older one was the classic Dragon who taught Lady Shiva, the Question and others. However the new one went to the League of Assassins to train which sorta conflicts with the old Richard Dragon.

I am wagering more kung fu Arrow and more remnants of the League of Assassins if he's being introduced. Maybe even elements of the League of Shadows plotline from Detective Comics

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Would be pretty cool if Michael Jai White came back. I'm not sure what Bronze Tiger's status is at the minute in the Arrowverse (I don't think he's been around for a couple of years?) but if they're going and doing kung fu Arrow, he'd be a guy you'd want.

Who's the best legitimate martial artist in the cast? I know David Ramsey has a black belt in jeet kune do.

Pretty sure Bronze Tiger was killed off between seasons in the Arrow comic. Unceremoniously too, I might add.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bamford has talked about wanting to do cooler fights this season too now that he's a producer.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Bamford has talked about wanting to do cooler fights this season too now that he's a producer.

That sounds good, I hope they can do something to top Bamford's Christmas Special

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Guy Goodbody posted:

I just occurred to me how much the "totally serious" cast of Arrow would HATE the Question. Around the third question pun, I can imagine Lance and Thea just walking out of the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

I just occurred to me how much the "totally serious" cast of Arrow would HATE the Question. Around the third question pun, I can imagine Lance and Thea just walking out of the room.

Cartoon, crazy conspiracy theorist Question is the best and I un-ironically hope they go for that.

• Locked thread