Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I honestly never found the lighting to be too bad, but this looks good.

A Brazilian player once very slowly told me "dont put your face in the window" and I haven't really felt the need to look through a dark or shiny hole since. Bullets or a brave teammate do a much better job of introducing yourself to a room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

WhatDo posted:

Those changes go live for season 3, ya? Has the exact date for s3 been announced?

I don't get this. They didn't release the Poland map because they were working on operation health. But the Poland map was meant to come out in May. So are they getting rid of the next map as well?

It's good to know they've been hard at work removing bloom and downgrading the skybox from a dynamic to static sky though.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

CJ posted:

I don't get this. They didn't release the Poland map because they were working on operation health. But the Poland map was meant to come out in May. So are they getting rid of the next map as well?

It's good to know they've been hard at work removing bloom and downgrading the skybox from a dynamic to static sky though.

The Hong-Kong map was supposed to be release in May but got pushed back to August. And Ubisoft forgot about Poland so they don't get a map.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
Crashing every other game, thanks Operation Health :thumbsup:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

plehsistential posted:

Crashing every other game, thanks Operation Health :thumbsup:

Looks like Operation Health is finally working as intended, by forcing you to stop playing the game - in the hopes that you'll look after your real health by engaging in outdoor activities! :v:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Just when I think I'm out YOU PULL ME BACK IN

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Major Isoor posted:

Looks like Operation Health is finally working as intended, by forcing you to stop playing the game - in the hopes that you'll look after your real health by engaging in outdoor activities! :v:

It worked, I'm taking a big ol' break.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I think we had 3.5 groups going last night on discord, so if you're looking for fun and TKs come join us. If you don't see anyone playing, still join a channel and people won't be far behind

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

nice job, this is big! 👍

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Lighting bloom was awful. Made spotting enemies breaching a window near impossible, looking at the window would just blind me so I'd have to relocate to not end up dying. Really glad to see it's been fixed.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

The Duggler posted:

I think we had 3.5 groups going last night on discord, so if you're looking for fun and TKs come join us. If you don't see anyone playing, still join a channel and people won't be far behind

This.

Depending on the time of day it's usually a few minutes at most before people see someone looking to play before groups start forming.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

The problem has generally been huge inconsistency, with some windows getting more obscured by bloom the closer you get to them and others when you move away from them, as well as various walls that allowed light to leak through as if there were giant holes in them.

Wanting it to work like camera exposure is a pretty neat idea that just wasn't executed well and led to all sorts of janky looking poo poo that actually interfered with gameplay, so I'm surprised it's taken them this long to tone poo poo down.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

That's a garbage concept imo that a lot of game devs have latched on since the days of the first gpus when they figured out lens flares and crap. It should never look like a camera would work, it should attempt to emulate the human eye.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

afkmacro posted:

That's a garbage concept imo that a lot of game devs have latched on since the days of the first gpus when they figured out lens flares and crap. It should never look like a camera would work, it should attempt to emulate the human eye.

I think Splinter Cell actually did that for its multiplayer. When you moved from a bright area into a darker one, it would initially be very dark but gradually brighten as your eyes adjusted. From what I remember it was a bit gimmicky and superfluous since there were so many other ways to enhance your vision, but it was a nice attempt.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 27, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Okay I think I'm back to play again. After Steam recognizes the game files on my pc. At some point it just decided to consider the game uninstalled.

afkmacro posted:

I've always liked all the lens effects because instead of emulating the human eye it emulates my glasses, and it's very realistic! :v: Just needs to fog up whenever I step outside on a hot map, or inside on a cold map.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
normally I wouldn't even think about it but given how amazing the sound is in this game they would greater benefit from just making it look as good as possible compared to some of the other stuff I've played recently

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Graphics don't matter since everyone just plays on the lowest settings for maximum tryhard anyway.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Graphics don't matter since everyone just plays on the lowest settings for maximum tryhard anyway.

I play on ultra with bloom turned to max

tjones
May 13, 2005
What is the % of the new servers unlocking from an alpha pack?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

The Duggler posted:

so if you're looking for fun and TKs come join us.

Next time don't run in front of me when I'm hunting down frost.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
this is how the hammer is supposed to work right https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v86234kbaSQ&t=9s

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

According to the Elite Skin, Blackbeard's beard is glued on. Care to comment, Hard?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Hey guys, just bought the Starter Edition. Which Ops should I unlock with my starting R6 creds? I got Mute and Sledge.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Operation Health is a success.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'ma miss that angry dyke-looking face.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Azran posted:

Hey guys, just bought the Starter Edition. Which Ops should I unlock with my starting R6 creds? I got Mute and Sledge.

Thermite and Thatcher are good utility attackers.

Rook, Doc, and Bandit make for good defenders. Decent guns, easy to use gadgets.

Make sure to do the situations and watch tutorial videos for free renown.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Getting a 1v3 clutch as Montagne is very harrowing.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

CJ posted:

Operation Health is a success.

:( Why do the female soldiers have to be waifus? I didn't have a problem with her not being a model. Go to Twitch if you want your blow-up doll.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Cup Runneth Over posted:

:( Why do the female soldiers have to be waifus? I didn't have a problem with her not being a model. Go to Twitch if you want your blow-up doll.

//
Also heres the link for the dev blog: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-296924-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Sledge is my waifu~

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"

Azran posted:

I feel like the OP needs to have a large bold text saying DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION, BUY THE FULL VERSION rather than the current mild warning about the grind.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Cup Runneth Over posted:

She doesn't have to be a model but she looked like a fuckin alien wearing an Edgar suit. Twitch looked fine before they changed her though IMO.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Pretty is good. If I could have my way I'd add some bishie looking dudes as well. It's unfortunate the siege devs are so infatuated with face-concealing helmets and goggles. But we'll always have Buck.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Deltasquid posted:

Pretty is good. If I could have my way I'd add some bishie looking dudes as well. It's unfortunate the siege devs are so infatuated with face-concealing helmets and goggles. But we'll always have Buck.

I also hate how the characters in the game look like special-forces instead of anime gayboyz.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Special forces are well-known for carrying hot pink heart-stamped guns and clown masks into battle. I don't think uncovering their faces is much of an issue at this stage.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

CJ posted:

Not really a downgrade when the dynamic part isn't used and photo skies can be very high quality.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Azran posted:

I recommend returning the game and buying the regular edition. The Starter Edition is Not A Good Buy.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Carecat posted:

Not really a downgrade when the dynamic part isn't used and photo skies can be very high quality.

There are many other glitches and issues with the main gameplay they could instead spend time on. Or build us a Poland.

But naaaaa, let's add more gun skins for our new health drops, gently caress with the lighting yet again, and redesign valk one more time.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I jumped into this mostly due to the lack of a good discount at the time and fully aware of the grind that awaits me. Completely past any refund window right now, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

tjones posted:

There are many other glitches and issues with the main gameplay they could instead spend time on. Or build us a Poland.

But naaaaa, let's add more gun skins for our new health drops, gently caress with the lighting yet again, and redesign valk one more time.

Honestly if they unfuck the lighting for realsies this time then Operation Health will be a complete success in my eyes. Valk's face not being camped out in the bottom of the uncanny valley will just be icing on the cake.

• Locked thread