Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Gradius III (SNES)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon 2. planning on doing some League action tonight, although after 2 straight hours of competitive splatoon I may play something else to calmd down

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mycophobia posted:

Gradius III (SNES)

Original hardware? There's ridiculous amounts of slowdown in that one.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

P-Mack posted:

Original hardware? There's ridiculous amounts of slowdown in that one.

ya. I had a strange urge to play it though. it's really hard, i'm no good at shmups, even less so at old school horis

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this weekend it was some BotW checking out the DLC, Monster Hunter Generations and FFXV. drat good games. can't wait to go on vacation and actually get some goddamn gaming done properly.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mycophobia posted:

ya. I had a strange urge to play it though. it's really hard, i'm no good at shmups, even less so at old school horis

It's fun and not too bad as shmups go. Experiment, there's some pretty good weapon combos if you go the ala carte route. I also mapped missles and lasers to different keys for maximum control. /beforeiplay.com

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Need to play FFXV but will probably play sega bass fishing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm gonna chug

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FFXIV, Maybe some Bravely Second, probably hook my PSVR back up

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bravely Second & Overwatch

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Pokémon Blue, Metal Gear Solid 2, Shadow of Mordor.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga and then 15 different fighting games all weekend long.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Splatoon 2 and who knows what else

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

IA/VT Colorful on the train and Yakuza 4 on the sofa

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Gonna finish Tales of Berseria and probably grab mario kart 8 deluxe after.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Splatoon2, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and fighting games with any imps that want to🔥step into the fire🔥

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

splatoon 2, maybe another run at shido's palace

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Persona 4 Golden, I'm in the gay bathhouse

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

Persona 4 Golden, I'm in the gay bathhouse

Ok, but what part of the game are you at?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm in the gay bathhouse both in real life and in the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm in the gay bathhouse both in real life and in the game.

Lol

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
PUBG probably, I just got it as a birthday present. I played four matches last night and killed a combined total of one person but still finished sixth in my second match somehow so I'm still figuring it out.

Also chipping away at p5 plat and picking up my stardew farm again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even DDS can't escape the PlayStation 2 era curse of the Pointless Underwater Level

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Even DDS can't escape the PlayStation 2 era curse of the Pointless Underwater Level

THat's the one bit I would recommend looking up a guide for since it is completely pointless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

THat's the one bit I would recommend looking up a guide for since it is completely pointless

I got through the first one but it was called Underwater Channel A which makes me think there'll be more. If so I'll just find a map

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't think there are even battles in the water sections. It's not that bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

The encounter rate is insanely high, but it was just nothing but the manta ray guys. It really didn't take very long but just a annoying trial and error segment to throw in there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also at the point where all the upgrades I want are crazy expensive so I'm just giving everybody all the low level mantras for the hell of it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I know you have a fetish for proving how completely badass you are at videogames but can you for the love of loving god just admit the stupid underwater maze is a waste of time. Jesus christ dude

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

The encounter rate is insanely high, but it was just nothing but the manta ray guys. It really didn't take very long but just a annoying trial and error segment to throw in there

Right my bad. I know DDS has a lot of sewer level but I remember liking part of it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In terms of sewer levels it's better than most because you get these main channels you can see down and see treasures and rooms, and then use those to guide yourself through the side mazes. Way way better than many sewer levels I've played

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Worst Sewer Level: Parasite Eve 1
Worst Underwater Level: Devil May Cry 1

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

In Training posted:

Worst Sewer Level: Parasite Eve 1

[cursed question]: which one?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

In terms of sewer levels it's better than most because you get these main channels you can see down and see treasures and rooms, and then use those to guide yourself through the side mazes. Way way better than many sewer levels I've played

You're making me want to replay DDS so I can appreciate the excellent dungeon design all over again.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Phantom pain and monster Hunter generations woo fri-yay

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pokemon Red. My team so far is Charmeleon, Nidorino, Pidgeotto, Mankey, Diglett, and Oddish.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I started the Kaiserreich mod in Hearts of Iron IV and like it a lot, plenty of nice little details. Japan/Asia in general is still a little buggy though. Continuing the Splatoon 2 SP. Gonna be on Titanfall 2 later, also.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Probably going to play more Monster Hunter Generations because the announcement stuff got me hyped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I started the Kaiserreich mod in Hearts of Iron IV and like it a lot, plenty of nice little details. Japan/Asia in general is still a little buggy though. Continuing the Splatoon 2 SP. Gonna be on Titanfall 2 later, also.

Play the Darkest Hour one instead