Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bring back hellbans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bring back hellbans!

No, don't.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

funmanguy posted:

No, don't.

They break the forums if you use them.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I'll beat him up and dump him out by the barn

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Any funny tea pot will do.

?
Speaking of which, I liked the old goon "Teapot" who updated his avatar with a medal every time he got a probation or ban. His two greatest passions were talking poo poo about Windows and being a tankie.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:teapot:

e: wtf... didnt :11tea: used to be :teapot: after that goon or am i mixing things up???

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

get that OUT of my face posted:

Speaking of which, I liked the old goon "Teapot" who updated his avatar with a medal every time he got a probation or ban. His two greatest passions were talking poo poo about Windows and being a tankie.

oh my god I forgot that guy

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

more like tinpot am i right :v:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

plain blue jacket posted:

Unban Hogge Wild

:agreed:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Ok, does anyone else remember the Starcraft challenge?

Goon A and Goon B get in a forum argument and decide that honorable combat is the way to go forward.

Goon A "I'll kick your rear end at Starcraft"
Goon B "ok. 10 matches. If you win even 1 I'll ban myself. If I win all 10 you ban yourself"
Goon A "Agreed."

Goon B wipes out Goon A every match.

I just have no idea about the names or the rest of the drama.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

CannonFodder posted:

Ok, does anyone else remember the Starcraft challenge?

Goon A and Goon B get in a forum argument and decide that honorable combat is the way to go forward.

Goon A "I'll kick your rear end at Starcraft"
Goon B "ok. 10 matches. If you win even 1 I'll ban myself. If I win all 10 you ban yourself"
Goon A "Agreed."

Goon B wipes out Goon A every match.

I just have no idea about the names or the rest of the drama.

Oh man, are there vods for this?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gord, and someone else

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Jeffrey of Yospos and Big Anime Fan Here had a similar showdown with a Street Fighter game (don't ask me which one). Jeffrey, of course, took his defeat with dignity and seemed like a nice guy, while BAFH, of course, was a bit of a jerk about it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

HoAssHo posted:

Jeffrey of Yospos and Big Anime Fan Here had a similar showdown with a Street Fighter game (don't ask me which one). Jeffrey, of course, took his defeat with dignity and seemed like a nice guy, while BAFH, of course, was a bit of a jerk about it.

Well JoY earned that name for being a FYAD because YOSPOS is a curse word in their sub, and then chose to play as Blanka(?) then the custom title with Vega - (handsome fighters never lose battles)

Whatever choice he made was basically a joke or a supremely bad idea.

I caught a bit of the fight and it was not good.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

plain blue jacket posted:

Unban Hogge Wild

:agreed: :agreed:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Anyone got the scoop on the story of Two Worlds?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
In the last selfie thread Sociapastry and a few others were calling out Jastiger for being a creepo in PMs, has that been mentioned?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Rough Lobster posted:

I am pretty sure it was covered earlier in the thread. Either that or there was another thread that went into it in a lot of detail, I can't remember. SAclopedia might have some links.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Rough Lobster posted:

He's an egg man with corn teeth!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Panfilo posted:

In the last selfie thread Sociapastry and a few others were calling out Jastiger for being a creepo in PMs, has that been mentioned?

I feel like that is something that would be super easy to report so is more than likely blown out of proportion.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

On the other hand, I totally buy Jastiger as a PM creeper. He's got that "corn-fed aw-shucks Midwestern family man" thing going on that almost always hides really alarming fetishes, unwisely shared.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I thought Jastiger's thing was fatties, which has definitely been widely shared

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Meridian posted:

I am pretty sure it was covered earlier in the thread. Either that or there was another thread that went into it in a lot of detail, I can't remember. SAclopedia might have some links.

I'd never heard of two worlds so I looked it up in saclapedia. Read the mod challenge dating thread. that guy makes us all look normal.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Anne Whateley posted:

I thought Jastiger's thing was fatties, which has definitely been widely shared

Oh, right, he's the one behind all the gross-rear end GBS "I would totally gently caress Lena Dunham" threads, isn't he? (As opposed to all the other gross-rear end GBS Lena Dunham threads.)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I'm sure they've been mentioned before itt but the absolute greatest and worst sagas of the SA forums are

Kevin "Caro" Dawes and Sean "vilerat" Smith, respectively.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e1a3_story.html

https://www.wired.com/2012/09/vilerat/

The video Dawes took acting as a combat medic (because he was insane) are hard to google for but if anyone has the Liveleaks or youtube links, post 'em if you got 'em.

Sean Smith aka "vilerat" was a a great mod/admin for D&D and a brilliant diplomat and tactician for goonfleet's space accountancy. He died in Benghazi trying to burn everything of value while under fire. :911:

Comparing Smith to Dawes is kind of dumb I know.

But Caro's videos of himself doing combat medic work, and sniping in Libya are frankly impressive for a complete schizo.

e: found one of Dawes

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=894_1320340656&comments=1

syscall girl has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Jul 29, 2017

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

syscall girl posted:

I'm sure they've been mentioned before itt but the absolute greatest and worst sagas of the SA forums are

Kevin "Caro" Dawes and Sean "vilerat" Smith, respectively.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e1a3_story.html

https://www.wired.com/2012/09/vilerat/

The video Dawes took acting as a combat medic (because he was insane) are hard to google for but if anyone has the Liveleaks or youtube links, post 'em if you got 'em.

Sean Smith aka "vilerat" was a a great mod/admin for D&D and a brilliant diplomat and tactician for goonfleet's space accountancy. He died in Benghazi trying to burn everything of value while under fire. :911:

Comparing Smith to Dawes is kind of dumb I know.

But Caro's videos of himself doing combat medic work, and sniping in Libya are frankly impressive for a complete schizo.

e: found one of Dawes

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=894_1320340656&comments=1

Caro is 100% the craziest SA story of all time.

Ol' Kev had a blog going but I can't find the link. I think he posted twice after his release and then went silent. Probably back on he meds.

Here's a crazy long interview with him after he was freed. He's crazy and delusional as gently caress, but remarkably lucid.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/mena/2016/04/08/interview-with-kevin-dawes-on-his-time-in-libya/

e. didn't realize the interviewer is Brown Moses

Dillbag has a new favorite as of 04:41 on Jul 29, 2017

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

gord, and someone else

Corbalt.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I don't know much more details of the starcraft duel, but iirc the guy who got creamed turned into a pissy baby and claimed they only played 9 rounds, despite there being witnesses, so refused to take his toxx.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon

Choco1980 posted:

I don't know much more details of the starcraft duel, but iirc the guy who got creamed turned into a pissy baby and claimed they only played 9 rounds, despite there being witnesses, so refused to take his toxx.

Well, his whole thing on the Internet was making up poo poo that didn't happen.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dillbag posted:

Caro is 100% the craziest SA story of all time.

Ol' Kev had a blog going but I can't find the link. I think he posted twice after his release and then went silent. Probably back on he meds.

Here's a crazy long interview with him after he was freed. He's crazy and delusional as gently caress, but remarkably lucid.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/mena/2016/04/08/interview-with-kevin-dawes-on-his-time-in-libya/

e. didn't realize the interviewer is Brown Moses

SA's involvement in wars is a sight to behold.

Back when we thought he was dead, I got this written on a Ukrainian artillery shell because there was a thread all about getting our stuff written on artillery shells.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

SA's involvement in wars is a sight to behold.

Back when we thought he was dead, I got this written on a Ukrainian artillery shell because there was a thread all about getting our stuff written on artillery shells.

I was going to say the funniest thing about Caro was he was so paranoid about the alphabet soup agencies (FBI, CIA etc) but he got put on one of their lists for US citizens lost in foreign lands. Presumed tortured, presumed dead.

Not really funny. I don't think he had a good time being imprisoned.

He was like a 21st century digital Ernest Hemingway. Without the writing skills.

Dude just straight up joined a war because why not?

syscall girl has a new favorite as of 12:09 on Jul 29, 2017

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
There's a goon who claims to have bought him his flight to Syria. What an rear end in a top hat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Because paranoid schizophrenia. And it was the CIA apparently who saved his crazy rear end from a Syrian torture factory, hopefully he's getting lots of government funded therapy and medication.

War's a bastard and a half, I think it's a victory if something or someone can be salvaged from it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wait, war's not nice? huh

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

wait, war's not nice? huh

War is kind.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh that explains that saying, "as pleasant as a war"

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Rocket Sauce posted:

About two days ago I made a tea using roughly 250-300 Heavenly Blue morning glory seeds using a cold water brewing technique I read about on Erowid. Since then, my girlfriend and I have had serious kidney pain. My girlfriend went to the doctor for a urine test and they found blood in her urine and gave her antibiotics to treat what they diagnosed as a kidney infection. Over the past few days we have both been lethargic and nauseated and experiencing a horrific ache emanating from the kidneys.

Tim Raines IRL posted:

let me get this straight.

After having what seems like a toxic reaction to a psychedelic plant, you were concerned enough about physical symptoms to see a doctor, who you did not tell that you had consumed the psychedelic plant, and now you're asking the internet for advice?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HondaRider271 posted:

This logic is so brilliant and infallible it just blows my mind really.

"Hey guys, GUYS! I have the best idea. You know how people take these seeds in very rare, fringe circumstances to get a high? We should loving poison them. Maybe if they eat enough they'll die! Woohoo gently caress you stoners die diediedie"

felp posted:

You need to treat seeds otherwise they wont last, you cant store a heap in a warehouse, wholesalers wont buy them, and farmers wont get them from wholesalers and they loose over 90%* of their business.

HondaRider271 posted:

I understand all this, I was just justifying my rant earlier.
lol hondarider

so 2 days later...

Rocket Sauce posted:

I have been feeling slightly better everyday, but am still having kidney pains and generally feeling run down. I had blood work and a urine culture done that both came back clean. The doctor insisted that i just had some gastrointestinal irritation that also agitated my kidneys. I also started taking antibiotics to clear up any infection i might have.

My girlfriend still feels like poo poo and has been out of work wince Tuesday, keeled over in pain and in bed. She was diagnosed with a kidney infection on Tuesday, but after a second follow up visit today, the doc advised she stop taking the antibiotics because they feel they are not helping based on her slow recovery. The ordered a second urine culture, blood work and a CAT scan on her all to be completed tomorrow at Yale university medical center.

In retrospect this was a stupid endeavor, but I honestly felt that nothing like this could have gone wrong. I prepared the tea with a friend of mine who have done this half a dozen times and I used a product that was mentioned many times on erowid experiences, bluelight and other online anecdotes.

redmercer posted:

Okay, House, but did you tell him you ate seeds to get high? Maybe bring a packet?

Rocket Sauce posted:

I didn't eat the seeds. I made a tea out of crushed seeds.

redmercer posted:

Well gently caress me, that makes all the difference.

thread ends abruptly, OP makes a few posts in the Kratom thread then disappears

the fyad post-mortem:

sausage paddy posted:

Honey, theres a cool drug thats actually a toxic seed that lets you see the gates of hell. u interest???

WET BUTT posted:

manyak and i ate too many sunflower seeds and puked all day and no one felt bad for us. this is BS

James Hardon posted:

one seed over the line sweet jesus one seed over the line

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

my favorite part is how the guy who immediately says "tell the doctor you drank the tea" got a probation for it :patriot:

TCC is still pretty ridiculous nowadays but at least the mods don't seem like they're actively insane or secretly rooting for the OD deaths of all posters

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

funmanguy posted:

I'd never heard of two worlds so I looked it up in saclapedia. Read the mod challenge dating thread. that guy makes us all look normal.

I wish I could go back in time and discover two worlds for the first time. His saga and the Kueenbu Helldump thread is what got me to sign up.

It's probably been mentioned but the Kevin Havens dollfucker saga was pretty epic. I think there were 3 really long threads on him until someone touched the poop after trapezoid mouth lost his "job" and would up near homeless or something. I wonder how that dude wound up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
IIRC, some update said he was in an institution and the dolls in storage.