Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Humble Comics Bundle featuring Jack Kirby and Will Eisner

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/kirby-eisner-centennial-comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

Humble Comics Bundle featuring Jack Kirby and Will Eisner

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/kirby-eisner-centennial-comics

Mostly books about them and tribute comics but...No problem with that at all. Kirby Genesis is great and I am curious about the spin-offs from it.

EDIT: It does have some of Jack Kirby's crazier later stuff. That's also something I have to read.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Astonishing-X-Men-Sale/page/15619
Actually an Uncanny X-Force, Old Man Logan (original) and Mistique sale.
Get UXF, ya dummy.

https://www.comixology.com/Valerian-Sale/page/15606

https://www.comixology.com/Adventure-Time-Sale-featuring-Marshall-Lee-Spectacular/page/15599

https://www.comixology.com/Europe-Comics-SDCC-Sale/page/15598

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
50% off all dark horse stuff with dh17. Get some hellboy, Conan and lone wolf and cub!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Get The Mask omnibus :)

SMP
May 5, 2009

What the hell there's like a million Hellboy books. I never knew that series was so big. It'd cost like $300+ for the entire series :wtc:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hellboy is real good tho

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SMP posted:

What the hell there's like a million Hellboy books. I never knew that series was so big. It'd cost like $300+ for the entire series :wtc:

Worth it imo. Just the Hellboys should be like $150 though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Apparently Berserk is now available on Comixology, and is also included to the Dark Horse half-off promo. Someone buy one and tell me if it's backwards, thanks.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
If I like Buffy and Firefly on the Tee Vee, how likely am I to enjoy these DH comics?

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

Russad posted:

If I like Buffy and Firefly on the Tee Vee, how likely am I to enjoy these DH comics?

The Firefly comics can be a bit meh. They do fill in gaps in the story we were supposed to hear though but some is definitely filler with just nods and references more than story.

The Buffy season comics are excellent - the Angel ones and their offshoots can be good too (Spike, Angel & Faith etc).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I've only read a few of the Firefly ones, but I felt that the dialog really needed the actors to deliver it. It just came across as flat when written.

Food Guy
Oct 10, 2012
I just bought an android tablet for reading comics. Are the suggestions in the OP still the best choices to read non comixology comics?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Bogo time!

https://www.comixology.com/DC-Buy-One-Get-One-Sale/page/15603
Everything before July 5th. Applies to Vertigo and Young Animal too.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jul 20, 2017

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
What's good in the DC bogo? I got Batgirl, Birds of Prey, Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad, Hellblazer, Deathstroke and Cyborg as single issues already along with the YA stuff. I have most of the big older stuff they've got on sale too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Anime_Otaku posted:

What's good in the DC bogo? I got Batgirl, Birds of Prey, Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad, Hellblazer, Deathstroke and Cyborg as single issues already along with the YA stuff. I have most of the big older stuff they've got on sale too.

It should be all DC, Vertigo, and YA on comixology.

Top picks from me are JSA relaunch from the late 90s, Booster Gold series, Giffen's Doom Patrol, The Green Lantern and GLC relaunches from 00s, Shadowpact.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Anime_Otaku posted:

The answer is always Astro City.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Image BOGO with code IMAGE17.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Fantagraphics-Linewide-Sale/page/15703

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011
I realize that I contribute nothing to the thread and it's not super active, but is there a reason why you copy and paste the same spam that comixology is sending me, without commentary?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I appreciate the posts of Teenage Fansub though he has cost me a lot of money.

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos
Ditto. I appreciate that those posts spark recommendations on what to buy from the sales. I rarely post in this thread but I usually pick up the things suggested by others.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I always wonder why Comixology bothers to spam me with stupid copy/paste of Teenage Fansub's insightful posting.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ninguno posted:

I realize that I contribute nothing to the thread and it's not super active, but is there a reason why you copy and paste the same spam that comixology is sending me, without commentary?

I think it's more useful providing a link than just going "Hey. There's an Image sale." Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't see any negative difference.
Also, I'm not sure I get sent Comixology mail (and if I do it probably gets lost in the Gmail promotions tab.)

edit: And if there's anything particularly notable, I usually say something, or try to help in a big sale of random stuff.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 25, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not everyone uses Comixology or gets their emails, so I don't see an issue with it. Some commentary would be *nice* if there's any to offer, though.

Speaking of, Hip Hop Family Tree is excellent if you have any interest in hip hop. Also Usagi Yojimbo is excellent no matter what you're into.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

ninguno posted:

I'm signed up for the mailing list AND follow their tumblr feed and still miss a ton of sales doing that. I appreciate the heads up in the thread. Plus, it's fun seeing people get excited about certain books.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Food Guy posted:

I just bought an android tablet for reading comics. Are the suggestions in the OP still the best choices to read non comixology comics?

I forgot to reply to this. Honestly, at this point, if I don't use comiXology, I read PDFs through the Kindle app. Everything else I've tried has been janky in various ways.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Also, nobody's going to mention Zenescope sales except for me!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Also, nobody's going to mention Zenescope sales except for me!

Nobody should, including you.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The best part of Teenage Fansub posting the sales is that he hardly has to post DC sales because they are mostly garbage. Vol. 1 sale *puts Justice #1 (of 12) on sale*

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Speaking of, Hip Hop Family Tree is excellent if you have any interest in hip hop.
Even if you're not into hip hop, it's a fascinating retrospective of cultural and musical history, encapsulating a cast of hundreds and weaving their unique stories into one connected narrative. I couldn't be more excited about Piskor's ambitious X-Men: Grand Design project, knowing what he's already capable of as a storyteller.

I do love hip hop (especially from the late '70s to the mid-'90s), so Hip Hop Family Tree has been one of my favorite series of this decade, alongside Chew, Sex Criminals, Saga, Hawkeye, and Mind MGMT.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 26, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Spam time!

Mage and DC #1 sales.
The DC sale isn't just issue #1s like the title suggests, but a bunch of good collections too.

https://www.comixology.com/Mage-Sale/page/15756

https://www.comixology.com/DC-Firsts-Sale/page/15709

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011

joehonkie posted:

I always wonder why Comixology bothers to spam me with stupid copy/paste of Teenage Fansub's insightful posting.

Touche.

Thanks for the thorough defense of the updates! I too rely on people getting excited about them and starting to talk which runs were super worthwhile, I just noticed a lot of them are answered with crickets also.

I mostly just have backlogs of humblebundle comics to work through these days.

edit:

:)

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

There is also a 75% off Avatar comics right now, too, for all of your horsecock needs.

As distasteful as so much of Avatar comes across, what's good? I've read my fill of Crossed (including Moore's 100 arc) and thought God is Dead to be poor. I bought all of Uber (giving it another chance), Providence, Fashion Beast, Cinema Purgatorio, and Supergod (kinda remember liking this way back and it's dirt cheap). Is there anything else in that messy pile worth reading?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I've only read Ellis' output on Avatar and the only thing I really liked was Supergod. Everything else was "fine".

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Zachack posted:

There is also a 75% off Avatar comics right now, too, for all of your horsecock needs.

As distasteful as so much of Avatar comes across, what's good? I've read my fill of Crossed (including Moore's 100 arc) and thought God is Dead to be poor. I bought all of Uber (giving it another chance), Providence, Fashion Beast, Cinema Purgatorio, and Supergod (kinda remember liking this way back and it's dirt cheap). Is there anything else in that messy pile worth reading?

Ennis' War Stories is really good if you like WWII stories-the collected editions are actually reprints of the DC miniseries that was put out in the early 00's, then the ongoing are new stories.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh bravo, DC, post a Gail Simone sale to tie in with the Wonder Woman/Conan miniseries, using Wonder Woman in the banner image.... and have none of the SImone WW trades included.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That sale is weird. They only have random issues of her Wonder Woman and Birds of Prey on sale, and not the original Secret Six for some reason.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I believe it's the start of her WW run (funnily enough the only part of her run not available on Comixology as a digital tpb, though it did get released as a physical one because I own it) that's on sale, but there's like 4 trades collecting the rest that aren't included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

That DC sale is stupid and bad