Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
gently caress that challenge rift and whoever thought it was a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Sick of dying like a bitch with corpse lance build?

Get yourself a RORG and an Aquila Cuirass and start taking half damage!

direspoon
Jul 8, 2006

Is that a spoon around your neck, or are you just happy to see me?

It happened to me. My first primal is... a Puzzle Ring.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

direspoon posted:

Is that thing any good besides opening a free portal to the treasure cave? I got one too and now I have like eight million golds.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

direspoon posted:

Welcome to my hell.

:negative:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
A primal puzzle ring is an instant salvage. You won't be getting 15 souls out of a single vault, even on T13.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Suspicious posted:

A primal puzzle ring is an instant salvage. You won't be getting 15 souls out of a single vault, even on T13.

With blue goblins you easily could.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Suspicious posted:

BORING. 15 souls is nice and all, but a trip to the vault could contain anything! It could even have 15 souls!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Bottom Liner posted:

With blue goblins you easily could.

I was running Vaults with some folks earlier and we had three blue goblins in a row, all spawned from the exact same location, once per vault. It was surreal.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol the rift where all the enemies have the dev names and titles is pretty cute.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Gel goblins are great because if they get splattered in one fell swoop the game locks up for a second and suddenly there's loot everywhere.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

BORING. 15 souls is nice and all, but a trip to the vault could contain anything! It could even have 15 souls!

You could even get a puzzle ring! I hear those are worth a trip to the vault.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Holy poo poo gently caress this challenge rift. Worst monk build ever, and gently caress Rime. As soon as he starts dropping the 5 ice dot circles, its all but an instagib.

Over ran the timer by 14 seconds on best run because of that poo poo killing me three times as soon as I got up.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Rime as the RG for three regular rifts in a row. Oh I loving hate you sometimes RNGesus.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Hobold posted:

Holy poo poo gently caress this challenge rift. Worst monk build ever, and gently caress Rime. As soon as he starts dropping the 5 ice dot circles, its all but an instagib.

Over ran the timer by 14 seconds on best run because of that poo poo killing me three times as soon as I got up.

I got it on PC after hitting my head against the wall numerous times

Then thought I'd have a crack on the PS4, yea gently caress that

Some dude has a 5 min 23 sec time though, Jesus

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

ultrachrist posted:

Sick of dying like a bitch with corpse lance build?

Get yourself a RORG and an Aquila Cuirass and start taking half damage!

You could do the same with a unity I guess, but without that physical CoE boost, you won't be able to kill elites in a single CD cycle at higher GRs.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I might already be done for the season. Got my stash tab (finally have all 12 of which I use maybe half in a season), did a GR 75 and have two characters pretty well geared for 70+. Just not sure what there's left to do since grinding for augments and running really high GRs just doesn't sound fun to me.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I'm in EU, is our rift challenge different? I finished it with almost one minute left :confused:

edit: ok I'm 10 pages late. Sorry US.

Char fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 28, 2017

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Char posted:

I'm in EU, is our rift challenge different? I finished it with almost one minute left :confused:

edit: ok I'm 10 pages late. Sorry US.

Yup, and Asia has a different one too. We get the same class, but the builds are selected from each region.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Larrymer posted:

I might already be done for the season. Got my stash tab (finally have all 12 of which I use maybe half in a season), did a GR 75 and have two characters pretty well geared for 70+. Just not sure what there's left to do since grinding for augments and running really high GRs just doesn't sound fun to me.

Yeah a lot of people are finishing up for the season. I noticed there were about 120 people in LLJK in primetime 3 days ago. There were 60 last night when I logged in.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Hey thanks for all the guidance, folks. Now I am soloing almost GR40, was able to complete my TR set, etc. Now it's just a matter of surviving long enough for everything to proc and one-shot elites. Much appreciated.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Suspicious posted:

I don't know what game you're playing where Forgotten Souls are in short supply.

xiansi posted:

In the meantime, am I right in thinking that +elite damage and max essence from a SoJ is way better than the next best thing I have (even if re-rolled for crit dmg) in ring slot? The green text often lies:

...did you roll the elemental damage bonus away instead of reduced resource cost? SoJ is rare as hell, don't do that.

Dross fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 28, 2017

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Elysiume posted:

Gel goblins are great because if they get splattered in one fell swoop the game locks up for a second and suddenly there's loot everywhere.

I had a bandit shrine a couple days ago in a split bounty game that popped a gel goblin. Everything died all at once and my game froze for at least 30 seconds.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Dross posted:

I don't know what game you're playing where Forgotten Souls are in short supply.

The game where reforging a legendary costs 50 souls per attempt. Also, I've never not had complete trash drop for me in hundreds of vaults. Just poo poo with no orange text and blackthorne blackthorne blackthorne. The absolute best I can hope for is a gel goblin for DB.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Man, I wanted to love Raiment and its rhythm but it certainly does fizzle out really quick. I donned Inna and instantly went from G45 to G60 without a meaningful change in sheet stats. I could probably push 70 finally but went to bed.

But I did also finally get CoE and the Compass Rose set.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Pierson posted:

Did any of you guys manage to clear grift 20 using 4/6 Rathma? If so what build? The second set bonus isn't that great for killin poo poo. :(

Yes, however I did have a poopsock friend of mine powerlevel me to paragon 270 in about 45 minutes before I did it. Though I think it's very doable as long as you get the skeletal mage ring which is was also lucky to get as my second legendary ring on my level 1 gambler mule.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Suspicious posted:

The game where reforging a legendary costs 50 souls per attempt. Also, I've never not had complete trash drop for me in hundreds of vaults. Just poo poo with no orange text and blackthorne blackthorne blackthorne. The absolute best I can hope for is a gel goblin for DB.

Yeah I struggle with this a lot.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Reforging is like the best option for improving gear and is also exactly where I hit the wall and stop playing. Having to go grind up a bunch of bounty materials gets really tedious for me really quickly, while I can throw something on the side and zone out a bit while running rifts or whatever. I'd love to be able to spend 500 or 1000 or whatever blood shards to get a reforge token.

My other complaint about itemization/gearing is sockets on jewelry. Just goddamn make radamins (or however you spell it) also socket jewelry, because the reason they put it in the game (socket on weapon is always the best option) holds even more true for jewelry.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's spelled ramalamadingdog

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ding donger or just donger for short

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Woah, I thought it couldn't get more fun to play a WD than with the Helltooth set but now I got the Arachyr one and clearly I was wrong. The mana is a little tight and I have to be careful with my HP but that makes the game actually a little bit challenging for a change.

I'm P240ish and just cleared GR40 no sweat. Need a couple more legendaries and T45 will be a breeze! Also the dungeon set was a joke you guys weren't kidding.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Amaranth-1638/hero/88765778

I rolled the COE and traded out my Traveller's ring for it because I just couldn't DPS down gr64 fast enough. Now I'm getting pasted left and right. Someone tell me the path of least resistance to fix this, please.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Swap Bane of the Stricken for Bane of the Trapped, and maybe try wearing the Compass Rose again (otherwise replace the amulet with a decent Hellfire one). Also get a Pride of Cassius belt and never don't have Iron Skin active. If you still die too much for your liking just suck it up and slot the Nerves of Steel passive, probably in place of Berserker's Rage.

Edit: actually, on checking my own WW barb it turns out that a Gogok of Swiftness probably is the better choice as the added cooldown reduction gets you closer to perma-WotB. It also reminded me that WW barbs just aren't in a terribly good place currently, and that makes me sad. :(

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 28, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey so this is my BloodPets Necromancer. I'm curious about itemizing for ASPD. Does Tasker & Theo put me over some line where I'd be better off rolling Attack Speed off of my gloves/ring/scythe or do I just want to stack it high as a kite? I'm loving that this build runs almost ZERO CDR and between Devour and Command Skeletons I still feel like the build is pretty active.

It's also fun running around with almost 2 million health and 500,000,000 toughness.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

RNG is super frustrating sometimes. I've spent the past few days grinding, gambling shards, and upgrading rares and have yet to get a single Aquila Cuirass or Deathwish for my Wiz. No Unitys either, but I've gotten hundreds of useless ancient legendaries with no orange text. This drat game :argh:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

T1g4h posted:

RNG is super frustrating sometimes. I've spent the past few days grinding, gambling shards, and upgrading rares and have yet to get a single Aquila Cuirass or Deathwish for my Wiz. No Unitys either, but I've gotten hundreds of useless ancient legendaries with no orange text. This drat game :argh:

Paragon 559 and I've spent every. single. blood. shard. ever. on Belts, and no String of Ears still :smuggo:

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Saved the worst for last (500 elites with Command Skeletons) but grinded some normal rifts for it. Shoutout to Kaz for the help on the Campaign achievements. :hellyeah:

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
I know it's just confirmation bias and/or small sampling, but I genuinely feel like I will get some games with a good seed. There was one time where I found 4/6 pieces of Inna over the period of six or so rifts.

But yes, belts are statistically harder to gamble for compared to other equipment. P559 sounds rather high though, sorry mang.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Paragon 559 and I've spent every. single. blood. shard. ever. on Belts, and no String of Ears still :smuggo:

I got my first one last night at p700 and every roll including the orange text was in about the bottom 5 or 10% possible. The most garbage string of ears I've ever seen. I almost kept it to link in chat for occasional laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

I ride bikes all day posted:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Amaranth-1638/hero/88765778

I rolled the COE and traded out my Traveller's ring for it because I just couldn't DPS down gr64 fast enough. Now I'm getting pasted left and right. Someone tell me the path of least resistance to fix this, please.

Just going off the latest update on the profile, it's only showing you with Pain enhancer and Taeguk equipped. Get a socket in that neck and throw in Stricken. Swap your armor gems for Diamonds which will give you a tremendous boost in toughness. Swap your belt for a Pride of Cassius (Preferably one with a 6 second roll) and also swap the rune on Ignore Pain to Ignorance is Bliss for an enormous amount of healing. I'd also swap Ground Smash for Intimidating Shout/Demoralize for further damage reduction and easier cooldown management. You could also consider going fishing for a nice Hellfire amulet but that's a real roll of the dice. You may also want to reroll your offhand to also sport CDR, but only if you're having issues with infinite Ignore Pain/WotB.