Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I'm pretty sure it can only control one creature at a time.

even if that is true he doesn't seem to have any restrictions added in, so he could spam them one after another without ever leaving the room. plus, if he wasn't a completely unimportant character with a limited chance of surviving the arc he could probably pop some restrictions in and amp it up considerably. the ability to control native bugs to scout would be pretty awesome in the dark continent! but again, he's toast and i don't think he was part of the expedition to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
With Gon demoted, Killua abroad, and Kurapika dead, Leorio Ging Pariston can finally take his place as the true protagonist of Hunter x Hunter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

With Gon demoted, Killua abroad, and Kurapika dead, Leorio Ging Pariston can finally take his place as the true protagonist of Hunter x Hunter.

i want to see pariston play mind games with an ineffable, inhuman horror that sees him only as meat

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

So the sixth calamity is cloning?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A good chapter but i can't wait or the official translation to clear up what was actually said instead of the guesswork MS seem to go for in dialogue dense chapters.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Roland Jones posted:

Oh hey, the spoilers were wrong; it wasn't Melody wishing death on Kacho. Which makes sense, since she's nice and all.

Also, interesting to see there's more to Luzurus (and maybe Sale-Sale?) than previously indicated. It's actually going to be a shame when so many of them die because most don't seem that bad. Even with his development, Benjamin's probably one of the worse ones, really. Obviously Tserreidnich is the worst and Camila and Kacho are bad, but a surprising number of them are actually outwardly reasonable or decent. Not what I was expecting.

Jeez, so many things happen this chapter.

The spoilers were not wrong. Melody went over the same thing in them.

Going by several different translations Melody is remarking that Kacho is actually lying to herself about all the bitchiness she is tossing out. For some reason she wants people to hate her.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 28, 2017

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Thank god

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This arc really feels just insanely packed with characters, I can't recall any other arc with this many moving parts. It feels like the tension can't be ratcheted up anymore without something snapping, and the rest of the arc will be about whoever survives what's coming.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
Is it possible that Hisoka could've killed more Troupe members (or possibly all of them) since we last saw him? Chrollo looked even more hosed up than when Uvo died, and that part about severing ties doesn't bode well. It's also strange that he seems to be the only Spider on board the boat, given that this was supposed to be a full team heist.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Disharmony posted:

Is it possible that Hisoka could've killed more Troupe members (or possibly all of them) since we last saw him? Chrollo looked even more hosed up than when Uvo died, and that part about severing ties doesn't bode well. It's also strange that he seems to be the only Spider on board the boat, given that this was supposed to be a full team heist.

Well of course he would be even sadder then when Uvo died. Uvo died fighting in battle and had resigned himself a sheild, plus he was just one of them. In this case they lost two of their members from a sneak attack.

Why do you think he is alone. We have only seen him for one page. Likely we will see more of the spiders once we start focusing on them.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Oh great, it's this guy

please let my favorite terrifying murder clown be on board somewhere

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also here is the alternate translation from MS http://readms.net/r/hunter_x_hunter/366/4463/1

Which along with some other translations implies to me that Kacho is faking her bitchiness.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also here is the alternate translation from MS http://readms.net/r/hunter_x_hunter/366/4463/1

Which along with some other translations implies to me that Kacho is faking her bitchiness.

I'm guessing she's trying to draw the attention to her self for some reason.

Also, all of the living Queens taking an active role is another X factor in this because I think they're fair game for the Nen Beasts.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It seems more like she's terrified and trying to express a "in not weak don't gently caress with me" vibe. Her first plan was to team up with her twin. Alternatively she's trying to draw attention away from her weaker twin.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Xelkelvos posted:

Also, all of the living Queens taking an active role is another X factor in this because I think they're fair game for the Nen Beasts.

Camilla is coming across worse and worse. Trying to order her mother to murder her own son. Though Momoze and Maarayam's mother is awful as well. Leaving her daughter only with bodyguards that want to eliminate her.

In other stuff It's good that Zheng Lei is continuing to be helpful.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Camilla is coming across worse and worse. Trying to order her mother to murder her own son. Though Momoze and Maarayam's mother is awful as well. Leaving her daughter only with bodyguards that want to eliminate her.

Camilla is definitely going to either die or end up with a fate worse than death. Her mother seems to be rather weak willed in general though so she'll be a prime pawn for or against Camilla. Depending on what happens, I'd just as soon expect Momoze's mother to completely betray her as she is to reveal her desire to protect her through the development of independence or something. I don't think we've seen Benjamin and Tserriednich's mother yet (Unma) so who knows what she'll be like.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Xelkelvos posted:

I'd just as soon expect Momoze's mother to completely betray her as she is to reveal her desire to protect her through the development of independence or something.

I think she just likes Maaryam more.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 28, 2017

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Camilla is the new Cheetu.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Now you can vote for Kurapica's fate!

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=597b9ec4e4b04db9c7cc66e4

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What pages of this thread are safe to read if I'm only at episode 37 of the anime. Also is it just me or is Hisoka gay for Gon?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What pages of this thread are safe to read if I'm only at episode 37 of the anime. Also is it just me or is Hisoka gay for Gon?

exactly 0 of them

Like dude you haven't even met the best character in the series yet (Neferpitou)

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 28, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hadn't actually read the chapter or spoilers before. lol that kurapika has just realized not only that he did something dumb, but also how dumb and dangerous steal chain is in general.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Its not just you.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

It seems that she is leaving her son with bodyguards that are paide to kill him, and daughter with bodyguards who dislike her.

Anyway, I'm liking Camilla quite a bit. I was wondering if she was insane last chapter, but with this one it feels more like she has a reason for her arrogance- we'll see how it goes, but it could be interesting.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Can we add a poll for the first prince to die? It could be fun because honestly I have no idea who it will be.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i hadn't actually read the chapter or spoilers before. lol that kurapika has just realized not only that he did something dumb, but also how dumb and dangerous steal chain is in general.

1. None
2. Just you

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't understand what you replying to.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

i don't understand what you replying to.

i think that's aimed at whoever is only on episode 37 of the anime

that person is gonna see some Serious poo poo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Shugojin posted:

i think that's aimed at whoever is only on episode 37 of the anime

that person is gonna see some Serious poo poo

Hunter X Hunter is such a journey. I don't ever want to get off of Togashi-sensei's wild ride.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Can we add a poll for the first prince to die? It could be fun because honestly I have no idea who it will be.
I'd laugh for days if it was Tserriednich.

Togashi will never do it, but I'd love him for it.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i voted for tserreidnich killing kurapica

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Hisoka gonna take him out at the last second before he kills chrollo for daring to try to killsteal

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hisoka is going to kill him for trying to kill nick because he wants to fight him when hes stronger

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for kurapika to win, he would have to non-lethally persuade t~nich to give up the eyeballs and keep both woble and oito alive. even if he refrains from ditching all of his responsibilities to go chase chrollo, kurapika still ain't gonna win. it's just too much for him to handle alone.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Actually that seems more plausible the more I think about it

It lets togashi draw one hell of a hisoka murder face for one thing, and he loves doing that

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hisoka would normally never bother with kurapika, because he was always about destroying people at their strongest. he could never fight kurapika at his strongest without actually joining the spiders, which isn't an option for various reasons. but now, hisoka isn't behaving normally. chrollo hisoka'd him to death and he came back different. so yeah, hisoka going after kurapika might very well happen.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

hisoka would normally never bother with kurapika, because he was always about destroying people at their strongest. he could never fight kurapika at his strongest without actually joining the spiders, which isn't an option for various reasons. but now, hisoka isn't behaving normally. chrollo hisoka'd him to death and he came back different. so yeah, hisoka going after kurapika might very well happen.

I dunno, I was watching the early Yorknew eps with a buddy and when the two met, Hisoka seemed to imply that he was interested in him but Kurapika wasn't ready yet.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lazarus's entire plan is "legalize weed" huh

Also 37564 is a japanese numbers pun for massacre. :getin:

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
I bet it's going to be Chrollo killing Tserreidnich. We haven't had any evidence that Kurapika actually LEARNED from Yorknew to not be driven by revenge, and if the aging from Emperor Time is going to be meaningful, there's not too much time for it to happen. I think Tserreidnich is going to become too strong for Kurapika, and the Hunter Association/Zodiacs won't interfere for political reasons. Then somehow he'll learn Chrollo is on the boat, and he'll offer some sort of peace arrangement (maybe his own life?) in return for Chrollo making sure Woble lives. That would make this a real capstone to Yorknew.

For what it's worth, part of the reason I have this theory is that Abengane seems like a natural member of the troupe, but presumably the beast created from Kurapika's Nen is hella unruly. So Kurapika has something to bring to the table in terms of releasing his Nen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arkeus posted:

It seems that she is leaving her son with bodyguards that are paide to kill him, and daughter with bodyguards who dislike her.

I think you mixed somthing up. Momoze and Maaryam are the young ones who are just ahead of Woble in age. Little kids. All of Momoze's bodyguards are currently thinking about how to murder her without getting caught. Meanwhile her Mom has taken all of her bodyguards, but the ones that want to kill her including the Hunters like Hanzo who were hired to protect her, and assigned them to Maaryam while she dotes on him on the grounds that his safety is more important.