Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I can't wait for everyone who utters the word bipartisan in the primary gets loving dumpstered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the worst thing about democrats accelerationist "we'll just let trump destroy himself and 2020 will be ours!" is, what if someone else is the republican candidate other than trump. and that person is more charismatic, smarter, and more fascist than trump. are the dems gonna win with no message?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Condiv posted:

are the dems gonna win

what does your cold heart tell you

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Main Paineframe posted:

don't forget the newest competitor, Delaney

his platform? bipartisanship, STEM education, and "a future where responsible businesses work with our government to lead the world not only in growth and innovation but also in positive societal change"

So Deregulation/lower corporate taxes + #Brands?

A CANDIDATE AFTER MY OWN HEART :swoon:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

GalacticAcid posted:

what does your cold heart tell you

:cthulhu:

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

Serf posted:

lower taxes on the poor and institute a flat 10 million dollar wealth cap, no inheritance over a certain amount, close the loopholes for the tax havens and hang anyone who refuses to comply with handing over their wealth

Moderate, but gotta start somewhere, I guess.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

dems are embracing woke brands

soon dems will be posing with the new pink terminator for the susan g komen foundation

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

John Mulaney 4 prez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnkrL42R7gk

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Democrats DLC is "we won't fix the ending to ME3 because doing so won't solve racism".

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jen Kirkman has deleted approx 95% of the Bernie Russia tweets

I'm assuming it's a Trump-esque scenario where she's just sort of typing whatever comes into her head and then someone who works for her has to go back and delete everything later, her page is mostly just regular self-promotion stuff now with a few extremely odd exceptions

This is super fitting though

https://twitter.com/JenKirkman/status/890943560362504192

I think we just saw this performance play out in real time

e: Trump doesn't have anyone cleaning up his tweets after him but that would be a good idea on their part

e2: I'm aware in retrospect that this post is the equivalent of a "wow, that site really IS something awful!!! :razz:" joke, but dammit it had to be said

loquacius has issued a correction as of 22:00 on Jul 28, 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

he's anti-shitposting tho

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lmao from delaney's lovely op-ed

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

UHD posted:

multiverse brain: kim dotcom for president

holographic universe brain: Kim Jong Il for president

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

he spells it "health care"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Main Paineframe posted:

he spells it "health care"

ah drat

god drat wapo style guide

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol idk how you guys hate freddie so much

https://twitter.com/freddiedeboer/status/891043877167259648

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
GalacticAcid... Did you buy yourself that av or did you earn it

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Scent of Worf posted:

GalacticAcid... Did you buy yourself that av or did you earn it

I bought it. It came to me in a vision yesterday.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GalacticAcid posted:

Swear on ur timbs U not fuckin with me

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Lastgirl posted:

Swear on ur timbs U not fuckin with me

I swear on these timbs, it is so

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Many commenters believe its too early for anyone to declare for 2020. I say its past time. What Democrats and the Country needs are common sense, real world plans to truly make America great. Trump's administration and the Republican party demonstrate their incompetence daily. Dems don't need to pour oil on that fire, its doing quite well on its own. Let the adults in the room come forward.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GalacticAcid posted:

I swear on these timbs, it is so

i declare u saint timbo

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Al! posted:

i declare u saint timbo

:hai:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I can't wait for everyone who utters the word bipartisan in the primary gets loving dumpstered

We need to insert some sort of genetic killswitch into humans that causes them to die if the frequency at which they think about bipartisanship exceeds a certain value.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I am sure that the party that continues to this day to have a "when we're in a majority, nothing passes without a majority of the majority" rule can be reasoned with

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

galenanorth posted:

I am sure that the party that continues to this day to have a "when we're in a majority, nothing passes without a majority of the majority" rule can be reasoned with

Pretty funny that Dennis Hastert ushered in an Age of Majority Majority

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

also, even though the Democrats have no such rule, they must be equally partisan, because the truth is in the middle and both sides are bad.

An exhibit of bipartisanship in my Nashville, Tennessee district:

Wikipedia posted:

A perception has arisen among some observers that the 5th could easily support a more liberal Democrat than Cooper due to the influx of culturally liberal white-collar workers in the music and publishing industries and the large number of colleges in the area.[citation needed] Although the 5th is only a marginally Democratic district on paper at D+5,[citation needed] more than two-thirds of its vote is cast in Nashville/Davidson County, which has double the population of the rest of the district combined.[citation needed] However, Cooper has seldom if ever faced any significant challenge to his ideological left, or even threats thereof, given the historical strength of the Davidson County organization.[citation needed] A more recent reason for Cooper's clout among voters, though, is the control of the state legislature by Republicans, who might divide the district in the future, or merely threaten to do so, to thwart any possibility of a nationally aligned liberal taking the seat (see above).[citation needed] Those fears work strongly in Cooper's favor, in addition to his nearly lifelong connections with establishment figures in Tennessee, and will probably continue to do so in the near future.[citation needed]

Rep. Jim Cooper was ranked as the 20th most bipartisan member of the U.S. House of Representatives during the 114th United States Congress (and the most bipartisan member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Tennessee) in the Bipartisan Index created by The Lugar Center and the McCourt School of Public Policy that ranks members of the United States Congress by their degree of bipartisanship (by measuring the frequency each member's bills attract co-sponsors from the opposite party and each member's co-sponsorship of bills by members of the opposite party).[36]

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 00:04 on Jul 29, 2017

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Oddly enough, Democrat DLC is also just horse armor

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

GalacticAcid posted:

pick it up. there's lots of good articles and arguments that the suck zone would like

Now that Im a subscriber thanks to u, the William Spriggs (PBUH) article in this issue is fully sick. Super pro read this quarter.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

GalacticAcid posted:

Buddy I can't agree cus it's not L.L.Bean.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Now that Im a subscriber thanks to u, the William Spriggs (PBUH) article in this issue is fully sick. Super pro read this quarter.

:cheers: I posted that article in here a few days ago and it was well-received

Spriggs 2020

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GalacticAcid posted:

Pretty funny that Dennis Hastert ushered in an Age of Majority Majority

yeah, he usually didnt care about consent

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's like the Bad Dem faction has some sort of secret cloning lab where they create those carbon copy corporate dick loving weirdos.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

etalian posted:

It's like the Bad Dem faction has some sort of secret cloning lab where they create those carbon copy corporate dick loving weirdos.

yeah

it's called Harvard Business School

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
of course class-only Bernie bros object to dick-loving

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm lucky I'm alive just to represent
And document my life in the present tense
So I'ma keep talking poo poo
Until mama nature kicks us off the tit

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

etalian posted:

the weirdest part is how they always pretend like Indistinguishable Rich White Ivy Leaguer Who Only Speaks in Thomas Friedmanese #273637 is a fresh new face

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

I see. But why doesn't cloture matter for this due do technicalities?

They were going to use budget reconciliation to "repeal-and-replace" the ACA. Budget reconciliation lets you pass things as a simple majority under the guise of it being a budgetary measure, provided the law is under some budgetary constraints (primarily that it does not increase the deficit).

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why didn't Dems use the same technicalities back in 2009?

They did, and they didn't.

The Affordable Care Act was passed with a 60-vote filibuster-proof Dem majority.

The "Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010", which made a bunch of amendments to the ACA, was passed via budget reconciliation (because Ted Kennedy died in the intervening period, breaking the 60-vote majority).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

the weirdest part is how they always pretend like Indistinguishable Rich White Ivy Leaguer Who Only Speaks in Thomas Friedmanese #273637 is a fresh new face

Remember how the pro bad dem media tried to hype Ossoff and he still lost despite a $50 million campaign budget?

• Locked thread