Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Cromulent posted:

I heard that too, but I don't think it's Twin Peaks. Albert has already mentioned Twin Peaks by name in this season, so it seems weird that he wouldn't just come right out and say it. Plus, didn't Major Briggs want the coordinates too? I feel like if the coordinates were for Twin Peaks, he would have some knowledge of it.

If I remember correctly, Albert knows about the txt message Diane sent\got. It's possible he doesn't trust her just yet and refrains from saying exactly so she doesn't tell someone. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

The Bookhouse Boys was a way for the inept Twin Peaks police force to do poo poo like tie-up and torture drug dealers for information and invade Canadian brothels by murdering the employees with throwing knives without impunity, and then telling ghost stories over a few drinks.

If the Bookhouse Boys were a bit more inclusive and had "The Log Lady" and Laura Palmer instead of Andy and James I bet none of the poo poo would have gone down!

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
https://twitter.com/AndyRockCandy/status/890024809379266562

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

lmao, seems like they came out on top imo

Murderist
Aug 30, 2013

crowoutofcontext posted:

If the Bookhouse Boys were a bit more inclusive and had "The Log Lady" and Laura Palmer instead of Andy and James I bet none of the poo poo would have gone down!

Or maybe Log Lady is just as much of a law-breaking renegade as the boys and would've been clubbing Renaults over the head with her log.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

I forgot LL is banned from the police station this season, i think that was one of my favorite small details.

Slum Village
Oct 6, 2013
Just jumping (heh heh) into say that the fact that the actor who played the Jumping Man still has not appeared makes me think that character is going to be part of a visceral, horrific journey through many of the show's demonic entities and I can't wait to see what visuals are cooked up.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Irritated Goat posted:

If I remember correctly, Albert knows about the txt message Diane sent\got. It's possible he doesn't trust her just yet and refrains from saying exactly so she doesn't tell someone. :shrug:

It was also suggested by my co-host NEW PEAKED OUT NOW LOL that they could be showing her deliberately to entrap her in some way. See what she does with the info and if Evil Coop shows up at that place.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
So far the funniest moment of the new series has been when Cole gets the call from South Dakota: "I DON'T APPRECIATE THAT LANGUAGE. OH, A LOCATION. BUCKHORN!" The spouse and I had to pause the show, we were laughing so hard.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Hijinks Ensue posted:

So far the funniest moment of the new series has been when Cole gets the call from South Dakota: "I DON'T APPRECIATE THAT LANGUAGE. OH, A LOCATION. BUCKHORN!" The spouse and I had to pause the show, we were laughing so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T2S8GHzxqc

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

YEAH

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All the deaf jokes are so cheap but still so hilarious.

"For the cat on the hot tin roof?"
"....YES. THE PHOTOGRAPH YOU TOOK OF RUTH."

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Slum Village posted:

Just jumping (heh heh) into say that the fact that the actor who played the Jumping Man still has not appeared makes me think that character is going to be part of a visceral, horrific journey through many of the show's demonic entities and I can't wait to see what visuals are cooked up.

What if he was just like a plainclothes extra

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Can't wait for Gordon to meet Shelley again.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Can't wait for Gordon to meet Shelley again.

Uhhhg, suddenly that's a depressing thought.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Escobarbarian posted:

All the deaf jokes are so cheap but still so hilarious.

"For the cat on the hot tin roof?"
"....YES. THE PHOTOGRAPH YOU TOOK OF RUTH."

They are great because it's never entirely clear whether Gordon is just purposefully sabotaging Albert's lame jokes. He can basically misunderstand people until they stop resisting.

Slum Village
Oct 6, 2013

Phi230 posted:

What if he was just like a plainclothes extra

Mayor Milford III

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
THERE THEY ARE, ALBERT.

FACES OF STONE.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
ALBERT, WE'RE IN SOUTH DAKOTA.

COSSACKS, ARE IN RUSSIA.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Between Albert's "You heard me", Cole having that vision of Laura, and all the other weird poo poo with him, is making me completely reevaluate the purpose for his hearing aids.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

In the Colber' interview with Naomi Watts, when's she's asked to describe working with Lynch, she says he'd always have his bull-horn, even when you're within the distance between Colber' and Watts, when directing. Maybe Lynch just likes being loud? :haw:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Cromulent posted:

Between Albert's "You heard me", Cole having that vision of Laura, and all the other weird poo poo with him, is making me completely reevaluate the purpose for his hearing aids.

I remember the first time I watched the show I was convinced his hearing aids were some sort of weird device, and same with cooper's tape recorder. I wasn't even sure that Diane was a real person. This is just in the early episodes mind, I'm not incredibly dumb just dumb

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't think Diane was a real person until this season.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
It was purposely kept vague as to whether Diane was a real person or a quirky aspect of Cooper.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Old Swerdlow posted:

It was purposely kept vague as to whether Diane was a real person or a quirky aspect of Cooper.

no it wasn't, in the s1 episode with the loud icelanders he asked diane to send him earplugs and he recieved them. someone was listening to those tapes, or cooper was completely mental and pretending diane existed which is real out of character

mailing long cassette tapes to your secretary daily instead of just calling them on the phone is quirky. purposely pretending to have an imaginary secretary just so that you can express your internal monologue to yourself while you are alone is just nuts

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Cromulent posted:

I kinda wanted to see Cole end up in the red room, twist a knob on his hearing aid thingy, and everyone there suddenly talks normal.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I made this face :stare: when Albert said "you heard me" in his gravely Albert voice. He knows the man well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is fantastic.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Meta as gently caress.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

The Walrus posted:

I remember the first time I watched the show I was convinced his hearing aids were some sort of weird device, and same with cooper's tape recorder. I wasn't even sure that Diane was a real person. This is just in the early episodes mind, I'm not incredibly dumb just dumb

I'm still not sure that she is. She might be a shared hallucination.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Apparently, the Dougie standee isn't even sold on the store, so it's a mystery as to why they sent it to him.

boner confessor posted:

no it wasn't, in the s1 episode with the loud icelanders he asked diane to send him earplugs and he recieved them. someone was listening to those tapes, or cooper was completely mental and pretending diane existed which is real out of character

Yeah, but he received the earplugs the very next day. This lead people to believe something strange was going on, because like you said, he theoretically mails the cassettes to Diane. So how did she receive the tape, order the plugs, and have them shipped so fast? Amazon wasn't even a thing back then.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
She was really good at her job

I love the deleted scene from FWWM where Coop is talking to Diane in person but it's just him talking into an unseen room

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Diane was actually staying in the room next to him for the whole show.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
what i want to know is at what point lynch &/or frost realized that Diane was Laura Dern

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

zeal posted:

what i want to know is at what point lynch &/or frost realized that Diane was Laura Dern

I'm hoping when they saw that stupid wig sitting on a make up artist's dresser.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Probably sometime between Lynch signing the contract w/ Showtime and writing the script. He's doing a great job getting a lot of the actors and actresses from his films into the TV show.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned the show is clearly a long movie and I pretty much agree. I know that's a common narrative for high production value TV, but this show specifically is just a long movie with numerous act breaks.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Elias_Maluco posted:

The box one kinda looks like a male version of the vomiting one

Maybe they're Front and Back

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Probably sometime between Lynch signing the contract w/ Showtime and writing the script. He's doing a great job getting a lot of the actors and actresses from his films into the TV show.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned the show is clearly a long movie and I pretty much agree. I know that's a common narrative for high production value TV, but this show specifically is just a long movie with numerous act breaks.

It would be cool if they released a version of this show without the credit crawls and openings. Leave the concert sequences in, but remove the text. I want to marathon this bad boy. :getin:

edit: On an unrelated note, it would be a monumental shame if Albert died before he got to meet Dougie.

And More fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jul 29, 2017

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Has the FBI team mentioned anything about trying to find Dougie? It seems like that would be your first port of call if you find someone's wedding ring inside a corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
haha that's true. and the TP sheriffs haven't even called the FBI yet. Nobody is exactly on the ball in this show.

Cop brothers took Dougie's prints so hopefully that comes back real soon