Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Also I'm dropping a new OP after the expansion announcement so you all better prepare you're asses

sweet more stuff for me to not read

ty arus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Blasphemeral posted:

I was playing with my GF and we were both musing about how amazingly better their level designers are now than when original Orr first released. It's obvious how much better the zone is, both aesthetically and gameplay-wise. It's a more stark contrast than the other S3 zones since you have the old zones right next door.

Bravo with all of S3, ANet. It's been a success.

Seriously. LS3 has been so loving good in comparison to all their post-release updates and HoT so far, and I'm so relieved and glad that Anet is back on track making good poo poo. The latest zones, from Ember Bay on, especially the new one, are so well designed and fun and cool looking, I can't wait to see what the expansion will look like.

SkullMuffinz posted:

I too liked the Exemplar a bunch. (Vagueness incoming cause spoilers and I'm too lazy to be more specific) I just wish they introduced her in the story earlier so the events involving her would have felt more personally impactful. Said events are definitely cool, I just didn't have too much personal stock in helping this character over other NPCs.

Agreed! The Exemplar is one of the better LS3 characters and they should have introduced her earlier instead of you know, allowing Braham and Taimi to exist.

Magres posted:

sweet more stuff for me to not read

ty arus

fight me irl

e: ok I wrote "gently caress me irl" there completely accidentally so interpret that how you will

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The new Abaddon glider is pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrmcJWx6uQ

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Eltoasto posted:

The new Abaddon glider is pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrmcJWx6uQ

Oh My God that is ridiculous. I remember fighting that giant head and floating forearms. It's just... so silly.

Made me smile and made me laugh. I need that on a Friday to be sure.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Maybe I'm weird, but I am not a big fan of LS3's adding a new zone with every episode. From a plot perspective, it feels like I'm ping-ponging across the continent with no rhyme or reason. From a gameplay perspective, it's overwhelming to keep track of all of these currencies, special vendor items, achievements, and so on. I appreciate the variety and amount of content, but I don't feel motivated to complete it.

I liked LS2's format better. Two zones that got progressively expanded on felt more natural from both a gameplay and a narrative perspective.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I understand what you're saying but don't agree at all. Dry Top and Silverwastes were limited and boring after the first rush through, these new zones are much more interesting and repeatable, it might feel like "ping ponging around" but new zones like this are essential to the health of the game going forward.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Mizuti posted:

I liked LS2's format better. Two zones that got progressively expanded on felt more natural from both a gameplay and a narrative perspective.

From a "felt more natural" perspective, I 100% agree with you. But I also agree with Arus that doing it that way was not nearly as interesting as how LS3 is doing it. It led to tons of backtracking and having to cover the same ground over and over just to get to new content since the way point shrines were few and far between.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'd feel like it was too much if there was something you HAD to grind for on each map. But there is a good overlap in the ascended trinkets offered so you can focus on the ones you enjoy more or just ignore them entirely if you don't need ascended trinkets.

PhoenixShen
Feb 13, 2016

I take it the last patch somehow plays into why Siren's Landing is lagged? All the other maps were ok...

Just a thought but for the personal story portion of Shining Blade Secrets, shouldn't they have canceled out having a party for that? It's nice that you get to sit on a balcony and watch, but when they give you the grenades to help, all the action is right under you and you can't target very well.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Lemme get that 50 kills cheevo before they change that though.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

PhoenixShen posted:

... Just a thought but for the personal story portion of Shining Blade Secrets, shouldn't they have canceled out having a party for that? It's nice that you get to sit on a balcony and watch, but when they give you the grenades to help, all the action is right under you and you can't target very well.

Yeah, it wasn't the best thought-out decision, huh?

Interestingly, for the doppelganger fight, your party member *can* help by body-blocking enemy projectiles. It really helps when going for the Fearless achievement and literally all of your powers are on 70-second cool-downs.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Holy poo poo that glider looks pretty cool. Also the Shattered Observatory fractal is amazing. I love the boss fights, I love the low gravity, I love the personality of the bosses. I'm pretty sure the final boss uses the same hammer as the new legendary hammer, but I could be wrong.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
He switches between Horrik's cannon, the Archdiviner's hammer (Entropy), and I think a Peacemaker's Staff.

The challenge mode is pretty good/intense but can get frustrating when he cancels attacks into each other, phases sync up disastrously, or an unseen force hits everyone for 30,000+ damage as he gets below 20%.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Expac will probably be called Prophecy of Flames.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

where the red fern gropes posted:

canach: best, no need to discuss, wish he'd join up so we can hang out with the dude

He'll miss us and come back eventually. The commander is like, his only friend.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

lucifirius posted:

Expac will probably be called Prophecy of Flames.

Not edgelord enough: I'm gonna go with Pyre of Faith (as in purge your faith in the gods, humans; they don't care about you and never have).

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Profferer of Fucks

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Sole.Sushi posted:

Not edgelord enough: I'm gonna go with Pyre of Faith (as in purge your faith in the gods, humans; they don't care about you and never have).

Abaddon cared and look where that got him.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Piss off Fucker

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Is condi reaper much better than power? As I have power gear but not sure if it's worth it to switch to viper.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I just downloaded and installed Guild Wars 2 and noticed the primary goon home server, Maguuma, is full. Which other one do people here recommend?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

galenanorth posted:

I just downloaded and installed Guild Wars 2 and noticed the primary goon home server, Maguuma, is full. Which other one do people here recommend?

All servers are linked, so it literally does not matter outside of WvW.

Can we get this in the OP?

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 29, 2017

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Go RV! posted:

All servers are linked, so it literally does not matter outside of WvW.

Can we get this in the OP?

It is in the OP, no one reads it including you apparently!!

I will make it more obvious in the new OP, is that fair?

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 29, 2017

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Rakeris posted:

Is condi reaper much better than power? As I have power gear but not sure if it's worth it to switch to viper.

Yeah it's better, the big raiding guilds do benchmarks for everything, great sword is too slow for power damage, and vipers gear gives condition duration which makes the conditions stack longer and do more damager over the duration.

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
im reinstalling this game because a new expac is getting announced and also because i aint played a MMO in over a year and i want to chop trees

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT posted:

im reinstalling this game because a new expac is getting announced and also because i aint played a MMO in over a year and i want to chop trees

yeah come hang, it's fun

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're

CLAM DOWN posted:

yeah come hang, it's fun

i am halfway to playable and ready to run thru the god drat norn starting zone. I am Prepared.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah I skipped like the past three episodes beyond just unlocking them, I should probably come catch up, I finally got my necro into a full ascended set before I suddenly got distracted from the game

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
can't spell raids without aids

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

CLAM DOWN posted:

It is in the OP, no one reads it including you apparently!!

I will make it more obvious in the new OP, is that fair?

Oh, I see it now! Sorry about that.

I see on the first page "step 4: search for the guild you want to join! after you have found it, message the guild leader and tell them you would like to join their guild! they will generally not know who you are or care, so see step 5."

but the Guilds option is greyed out. Is there a level requirement for searching for a guild? What information would I need to share here in order to be invited to Starfleet Dental?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

galenanorth posted:

Oh, I see it now! Sorry about that.

I see on the first page "step 4: search for the guild you want to join! after you have found it, message the guild leader and tell them you would like to join their guild! they will generally not know who you are or care, so see step 5."

but the Guilds option is greyed out. Is there a level requirement for searching for a guild? What information would I need to share here in order to be invited to Starfleet Dental?

Please read the section towards the top titled "Guilds" in order to join one. The section you quoted in an elaborate well-crafted joke :)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I've stopped playing for ages after getting burnt out on trying to keep up with a new zone worth of currencies and inventory clutter every month and trying to catch up on whats new, are the human gods the new bad guys instead of the dragons or whats the dealio with that.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Balthazar is, at least. The other gods are still MIA.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

turns out that a god dedicated to killing and burning things is an rear end in a top hat. whodathunkit

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

turns out that a god dedicated to killing and burning things is an rear end in a top hat. whodathunkit

he is actually quite cool socially, he leaves his work at work

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

where the red fern gropes posted:

he is actually quite cool socially, he leaves his work at work

Yeah, once he clocks out, he becomes Palthazar.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Every once in a while I get totally overwhelmed by how much there is to do in this game. I'm trying to clean out some of the achievement categories that may be harder to do when the expat comes out due to less interest in older zones, like the current crop of current events and HoT map sets/weapon and other related collections but then turn around and fall into fractals for the first time or look at the wvw rank rewards and goodness me where to find the time! And another expac of stuff to do coming? Lordy.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
That's my problem. I haven't seriously played the game for years, but I've tried to get back into it half a dozen times (including getting the first expansion). But every time I log in I'm so overwhelmed by all of the content and the crazy gear everyone around me has, so I log off and uninstall.

I'm open to advice for how to handle this because I do like the game!

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Mesmer is cool and fun and also the game is the same. Glad I reinstalled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
I haven't played in a couple years, and haven't bought the expansion. Is it worth it to buy the current expansion or should I wait until the new one comes out, or is it not coming out for a long time?

• Locked thread