Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Truth Quark posted:

Someone talk me out of feeding hector to Clair so she can ORKO any of Camus/Xander/Reinhardt.

I just really hate cavalry emblem ok?

By my math Rein only needs 47 attack to ORKO a default Clair with the Moonbow/QP build and 53 without it, and that's not too hard for horse emblem Rein to get there. Do this thing that I saw once instead

It's basically a flying Julia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Truth Quark posted:

I currently only have one hector but he's +spd/-hp and, you know, can only move one space at a time.

Still extremely good for PvE

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
I should clarify that the purpose of this team is to just pick up free wins against horse emblem. It currently consists of:

Xander (Fury/Vantage/Panic Ploy)
Clair (Ridersbane+/DC/Vantage)
Azura (WoM/Fort Res)
Currently STiki but replacing with FRobin eventually (and a better green mage when I have the feathers to build one with Gronnwolf)

Clair can ORKO anyone but Cecilia on the usual horse emblem team. Yeah, this team can still be beat in arena by good play but all it takes is one person sleeping through their horse emblem wins to get me a nice defense win.

Yeah, Hector is a really strong unit but I rarely use him outside of the occasional GRB, like when he trivialized Lloyd's mission.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have a +Atk/-Res hector and depending on the map he either solos it or dies to a mage of any color. I think once he got gibbed by a wrathful staff healer too

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Tagichatn posted:

Ok so I have a +atk Cherche and Cordelia. Who else should I be looking for to make a good flier emblem team? I'll keep trying to pull SCorrin probably once the rate changes go through.

Keep an eye out for Hinoka (5* only) and Caeda (4*) as they're the only ones who have the flier specific Hone/Fortify skills, which you want if you're running blade tome Bunnilla or SCorrin.

Otherwise, pull lots of Pallas and pass her Goad Fliers around like candy. Palla herself has a place on Flier Emblem as she's one of the only two red fliers and Caeda sucks.

Subaki is also pretty good on Flier Emblem, for your tanking needs. Dude needs either Moonbow or Bonfire to do real damage though. Also Michalis is good, if you have him. He's basically a green Subaki with a bit more punch.

My main flier squad right now is +atk Cherche, +atk Subaki, and basically neutral Palla. Subaki picked up Fortify Fliers from a Caeda and Palla has her usual Goad. I am gunning hard for SCorn once Hero Fest starts.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

cheetah7071 posted:

I just did all those in chain challenge form (so significantly higher stats) with BCordelia/Lucina/Delthea/STiki. Basic strat was ranged nukes, spur atk to secure otherwise impossible kills, and lots of draw back to get out of attack ranges

Without more information on which map you need advice on and what your roster is vague advice like that is the best I've got

RIght Now, My team is of Alm (+SPD -ATK), Olivia(Mostly used for dancing), Sonya(+RES -HP), and Effie (+RES -ATK). The rest of my 5 stars are Ogma, Lyn, Erika, Matilda, and Sakura. Olivia and Effie are 4 stars, but I heard they were recomended for teaming with Alm.

As for what what map I need help on... A desperate pursuit is the one where I run out of time.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The man called M posted:

RIght Now, My team is of Alm (+SPD -ATK), Olivia(Mostly used for dancing), Sonya(+RES -HP), and Effie (+RES -ATK). The rest of my 5 stars are Ogma, Lyn, Erika, Matilda, and Sakura. Olivia and Effie are 4 stars, but I heard they were recomended for teaming with Alm.

As for what what map I need help on... A desperate pursuit is the one where I run out of time.

My honest recommendation? Consider the higher lunatic chapters to be longterm goals. With only 9 5*s I assume you haven't been playing for a ton of time. You'll get them eventually, the orbs aren't going away.

12-2 in particular is a huge gently caress you to many, many teams. My strategy was to kill Saber t1 and draw my nuke back, then bait the axe+Leon with a red. Turn 2 clean up, turn 3 kill the flier, turn 4 nuke Sonya since that's the turn she moves closer.

Olivia is good regardless of her star rating but I don't know that she pairs well with Alm especially. Dancers are just generally good. Effie is a weirder choice and loses a lot by not being 5*.

One good mindset to get into for the tricky pve content is that you're not trying to figure out how to get your "main" team to beat the map--you're just trying to beat it. Don't just keep deploying the same four if it isn't working. The recommendation that Alm and Effie pair well together (which I still don't really get) was probably aimed at arena, and won't necessarily be applicable to a situations where you know the exact set of enemies ahead of time.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

The keep members of flier emblem are Hinoka/Cordelia, BCamilla/SCorrin, Cherche, and a red-colored dumpster fire (pick which one you want). Minerva can be subbed in too I think, or you can double down on mages

You want Fortify Fliers and Hone Fliers but you can inherit those away instead of actually deploying Hinoka/Caeda

Thanks for the tips. Sadly I have no Hinoka so my flier emblem is dead in the water.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

+SPD or +ATK would have been better of course, but I'm pretty okay with these IVs. Add the +6 from the other Fortify Fliers on the team to that and she is pretty drat tanky when it comes to magic.

Merged my -SPD Corrin into this one to minimize the SP grind and because I can't ever imagine using her as SI fodder.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

What are people using to play on PC now? I'm seeing videos and poo poo on youtube since the patch but no one's saying "this is how you do it" which is irritating because I vastly prefer playing on PC to my phone

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

tithin posted:

What are people using to play on PC now? I'm seeing videos and poo poo on youtube since the patch but no one's saying "this is how you do it" which is irritating because I vastly prefer playing on PC to my phone

I think this video explains how we do it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tagichatn posted:

I think this video explains how we do it.

I don't know what I expected. I feel like I just got rickrolled.

(still clicked it)

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Fair enough.

e:

Y'know, for a dude that gets iceberg as a special he is severely lacking in chill.

AzureSkye fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 29, 2017

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
So I just pulled a +Atk -RES sanaki and I'm debating on her a and b skills. She comes with triangle Adept but I'm leaning towards death blow and either r Tomebreaker or swordbreaker. Her speed is super low but I think with deathblow she would clock in at like 60 Atk when she gets the initiative which also matches with her weapon.

With ta I'm sure she probably just consumes any and all green units but I'm wondering if the extra Atk from death blow would be better for helping with red mages and sword folk. I guess I could give her vantage for a bit skill but she seems waaaaay to squishy to ever want to take a hit to use it. How do you guys have her kitted? She's my only 5 star red mage and looks like she's fairly decent so I'd like to get her in rotation

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
If you're ok with swapping her weapon a lot of the builds I see on her keep her TA and change out her weapon for a raven tome.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
got a corrin with -spd and +res, don't even give a gently caress, I have a hinoka and I wish to use it

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

AzureSkye posted:

If you're ok with swapping her weapon a lot of the builds I see on her keep her TA and change out her weapon for a raven tome.

That makes sense. It'll take a while to feather up Henry but I could see that working out okay. Maybe I'll roll with deathblow until I can make the switch if she isn't orkoing a bunch of green folks with it and when I can finally switch her tome. Thanks!

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

ChronoReverse posted:

NOOOOOOO, my pity rate was reset by Elise.

And now you have a reason to pull for Genny if the upcoming 5% rate banner actually has her, as reddit suspects.

cheetah7071 posted:

My honest recommendation? Consider the higher lunatic chapters to be longterm goals. With only 9 5*s I assume you haven't been playing for a ton of time. You'll get them eventually, the orbs aren't going away.

Do you want just a lot of 5*s or do they have to be good 5*s? I have a bunch of 5*s, but lots of them are bad-to-meh stuff like Mist, Boey, Lukas, or usually-very-good units who have the worst bane (-atk on a brave unit, -spd on a speedy mage, etc). Seems like in some GHBs, at least, you want a unit more for its mobility, color advantage, and maybe assist or C skill, though, so maybe it's fine?

AzureSkye posted:

Fair enough.

e:

Y'know, for a dude that gets iceberg as a special he is severely lacking in chill.

This kind of makes me want to use him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Truth Quark posted:

Someone talk me out of feeding hector to Clair so she can ORKO any of Camus/Xander/Reinhardt.

I just really hate cavalry emblem ok?

Armor units are boring to use, do it.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

oliveoil posted:

And now you have a reason to pull for Genny if the upcoming 5% rate banner actually has her, as reddit suspects.

Summer Elise =/

No Blue orbs so I was forced to pick green (for Xander).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

oliveoil posted:

Do you want just a lot of 5*s or do they have to be good 5*s? I have a bunch of 5*s, but lots of them are bad-to-meh stuff like Mist, Boey, Lukas, or usually-very-good units who have the worst bane (-atk on a brave unit, -spd on a speedy mage, etc). Seems like in some GHBs, at least, you want a unit more for its mobility, color advantage, and maybe assist or C skill, though, so maybe it's fine?

This kind of makes me want to use him.

You need the right units. Which units are right varies from map to map unfortunately.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Boey died for this

Boey died so I could have a triple-Tiki defense team

(not pictured: the quickened pulse seal that means if she survives a round somehow she'll have a vantage bonfire ready)

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Bad news: I spent all 70 of my saved orbs before I finally got a 5* on the summer banner.

Good news: I got a +SPD Y Tiki.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

jokes posted:

Summer Corrin just changed the game for flyer emblem and I want it SO BAD.

Not so much changed it as 'oh right you schmucks that missed out on the spring banner? Here's your chance to get disappointed again'.

I'm glad I have no urge to be rolling for her.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Boey died for this

Boey died so I could have a triple-Tiki defense team

That's a mercy killing, not a sacrifice, I got a chance to use Boey once in a voting gauntlet, he got counter killed by a mage he had triangle advantage on.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Akett posted:

That's a mercy killing, not a sacrifice, I got a chance to use Boey once in a voting gauntlet, he got counter killed by a mage he had triangle advantage on.

boey isn't for fighting mages, he's for fighting in close quarters. the problem is that his attack is bad, so he needs TA to not suck, but because he's a melee wizard, he also needs close counter. bolt weapons for casters would be an interesting addition because it would make characters like him much more usable.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

the problem with Boey is that he's basically a green MRobin with a worse starting kit, and MRob's place in the meta has kinda vanished

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013

Pokemaster #421 posted:

So I just pulled a +Atk -RES sanaki and I'm debating on her a and b skills. She comes with triangle Adept but I'm leaning towards death blow and either r Tomebreaker or swordbreaker. Her speed is super low but I think with deathblow she would clock in at like 60 Atk when she gets the initiative which also matches with her weapon.

With ta I'm sure she probably just consumes any and all green units but I'm wondering if the extra Atk from death blow would be better for helping with red mages and sword folk. I guess I could give her vantage for a bit skill but she seems waaaaay to squishy to ever want to take a hit to use it. How do you guys have her kitted? She's my only 5 star red mage and looks like she's fairly decent so I'd like to get her in rotation

If you want to give her Deathblow then consider Raourblade. With buffs, she can one-shot Hector/Ryoma/Ike/Xander. Not a fan of raven-tome on her as her defense is low and Sophia is a better candidate.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I forget how it was for the last 5% pity banner - is the good pity rate for all 5* units, or just the focus units?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Elyv posted:

the problem with Boey is that he's basically a green MRobin with a worse starting kit, and MRob's place in the meta has kinda vanished

Worse kit and worse stats.

I'd say Robin has a niche still, but the emphasis is on niche. Boey's competing with a unit almost everyone has without any real payoff. I mean, if Boey's your favorite, he's usable, but... that's a big if.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
I got a +atk/-spd Boey. He is sooo close to being like Sophia, but his res is crap.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

chiasaur11 posted:

Worse kit and worse stats.

I'd say Robin has a niche still, but the emphasis is on niche. Boey's competing with a unit almost everyone has without any real payoff. I mean, if Boey's your favorite, he's usable, but... that's a big if.

boey's niche is that like one every maybe five battles there'll be an enemy unit he can really clown on like sully or effie and if he wasn't there to run in and slap a hoe you would lose your mvp red and that's when he shines

tempest only ofc

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Niches can be really, really useful in this game. Boyd may not be King poo poo Meta but I'd be surprised if he didn't end up useful at some point down the road.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

biosterous posted:

I forget how it was for the last 5% pity banner - is the good pity rate for all 5* units, or just the focus units?

Just focus units. The regular 5*s are still 3% at the start.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

GBS Ambassador posted:

If you want to give her Deathblow then consider Raourblade. With buffs, she can one-shot Hector/Ryoma/Ike/Xander. Not a fan of raven-tome on her as her defense is low and Sophia is a better candidate.

Yeah I think I might go that way after all once, or if, I manage to pull a blade tome for her. Seems like she should be able to take care of most greens without ta if she's packing 60 Atk plus buffs, and that's without a blade tome. At least with Death Blow she would get a bit of extra Atk against reds I think without severely undercutting her performance against green units.

So do you guys think swordbreaker is more useful in the current meta than red Tomebreaker? I put rtbreaker on her already but I haven't sunk many sp into yet but I'm starting to think I should go with s breaker instead since there are swordlords every which way but loose. Is there a thread consensus on that?

And as always thank you very much for the replies and advice it's always greatly appreciated!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i started poking at this game again over the past month in an attempt to get bikini tiki; july is almost over and i'm out of orbs with nothing to show for it

anyway that's my contribution to this thread i never posted in before as an extremely casual player, time to forget the game exists again

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm leveling Gray for the next Tempest Trials plus as a warm body for Arena Assault down the road and I'm pleased to report that he's surprisingly not-poo poo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
villagers are good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

villagers are good.

tell that to tobin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

tell that to tobin

he'd probably say something like, "hey, check out these muscles. wanna feel 'em?"