Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I believe in Mimasaka :ohdear:

He's gonna win by using his trace of one of the other elite 10 to finish up the sushi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Begemot posted:

I believe in Mimasaka :ohdear:

He's gonna win by using his trace of one of the other elite 10 to finish up the sushi.

That's actually what I'm afraid of. He's gonna trace another elite 10 person and the combination of styles actually ends up detracting from the dish

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
He tried to trace Jouichirou and got him on an experimental day

E: How has the second OVA not been subbed yet it's been out for like a week :(

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 29, 2017

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

please god yes please that comedy beat would be 100% worth the death of mimasaka

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

he turns the sushi into a crepe

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Apparently Risa Taneda is back doing voice acting again

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Apparently Risa Taneda is back doing voice acting again
A friend in Saitama had this weird, incredibly doofus theory that Keiji Fujiwara had gotten Miss Taneda pregnant and that's why they both went on hiatus at around the same time.

I almost wanted to ask him how his pollen allergy was doing, but I thought it was in poor taste.

:ughh:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/226/4480/1

:supaburn:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I'M TOO SCARED FOR MIMASAKA TO READ IT

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

oh lord it's a car wreck

i'm so scared the time delay before they get to mimasaka's [Arrange] piece is going to gently caress it up

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Patware posted:

oh lord it's a car wreck

i'm so scared the time delay before they get to mimasaka's [Arrange] piece is going to gently caress it up

It's either the time delay or that the Central teams got their dishes to be unified and compliment each other.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

rindou on the wrong side at the end lol

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I assume that the Rebels will have the better individual dishes but since it's a combined taste testing the Elite 10's will fully compliment each other and they'll win the match. Also the whole thing will actually pivot on the small change Mimasaka made to the last piece of sushi.

Too bad, guess Megumi is going to have to smoke some bitches.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gyges posted:

I assume that the Rebels will have the better individual dishes but since it's a combined taste testing the Elite 10's will fully compliment each other and they'll win the match. Also the whole thing will actually pivot on the small change Mimasaka made to the last piece of sushi.

Too bad, guess Megumi is going to have to smoke some bitches.

Ibusaki probably has some really good bitch smoking recipes

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I am so glad the spoiler about Mimasaka putting beef gravy in his sushi was fake

That would've been unforgivable

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
in a shocking swerve, the rebels will continue to sweep, and after the match it will be revealed that the judges were all secretly mimasaka.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
That's the next step, isn't it? Mimsaka tracing the judges to figure out what they would like the most?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I think Mimisaka wins first but he completely torches his teammates

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

SwissArmyDruid posted:

That's the next step, isn't it? Mimsaka tracing the judges to figure out what they would like the most?

my god

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

If it doesn't turn out to be this I'm dropping this manga.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i only want it to be that if mimasaka loses here

like if mimasaka loses here and finally triumphantly wins for the heroes in like the final arc with Maximum Triple-Trace: Opponent / Ally / Judge i would put it down as one of the greatest character arcs of all time

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Mimasaka is the best. A true redemption from being a shithead if I do say so.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The dub Blu-Ray is coming out soon and episodes are out there in the ether for whoever is curious about how it turned out. I'd expect there'll be clips of it floating around on YouTube pretty soon.

E: Opinions on everything else aside, they didn't translate Polar Star and left it as Kyokusei or however it's spelled and that's dumb as hell

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 6, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

where the red fern gropes posted:

Yeah, but I think the composition works better this way.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

where the red fern gropes posted:

Possible foreshadowing

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

The dub Blu-Ray is coming out soon and episodes are out there in the ether for whoever is curious about how it turned out. I'd expect there'll be clips of it floating around on YouTube pretty soon.

E: Opinions on everything else aside, they didn't translate Polar Star and left it as Kyokusei or however it's spelled and that's dumb as hell

It's Sentai so its ether going to be great or an audio tirefire

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

It's Sentai so its ether going to be great or an audio tirefire

All signs point to the second

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

All signs point to the second

That's a shame.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm curious how someone takes "stuck-up aristocrat who gets easily flustered" and decides on "valley girl" as the appropriate translation

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've listened to a bit of the dub and it's fine, mostly. Jad Saxton as Megumi is honestly pretty great. However, Erina's tragically got one of the worse voices, though nothing nearly as series-ruining as like, Hajime from the Gatchaman CROWDS dub, which is a really low bar but still.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Arist posted:

I've listened to a bit of the dub and it's fine, mostly. Jad Saxton as Megumi is honestly pretty great. However, Erina's tragically got one of the worse voices, though nothing nearly as series-ruining as like, Hajime from the Gatchaman CROWDS dub, which is a really low bar but still.
That's unfortunate. Risa Taneda was basically perfect as Erina (the fact that she made Erina be a much more bearable character earlier on helps a lot). And I'm glad to hear/read about the possibility of her returning to voice her, because while there's nothing wrong with Ms. Hisako Kanemoto's portrayal, it's just... eh.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Update: Alice's voice is kinda weird but I like it a lot on reflection

It probably helps that I haven't watched the sub in forever though

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Arist posted:

However, Erina's tragically got one of the worse voices, though nothing nearly as series-ruining as like, Hajime from the Gatchaman CROWDS dub, which is a really low bar but still.

Details required, what did they do to precious Hajime?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

She sounds like an old lady

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Somebody said that mangastream lost their raw provider, right? And that this week's lack of a chapter isn't because of Japanese holiday or something?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Somebody said that mangastream lost their raw provider, right? And that this week's lack of a chapter isn't because of Japanese holiday or something?

Last week was a double issue, they're on break.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The chapters were late last week because of the lost raw provider, this week there's just no jump at all because of holidays.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://manga.fascans.com/manga/shokugeki-no-soma/227/1

Chapter is out and so are the rebels :rip:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
You know what this means?

It's Tadokoro's turn :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Jesus we don't even get a description of why their food was awesome.