Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DaveKap posted:

Yeah they made up so many characters throughout all the Mario RPG games you'd think they could do better than Ubisoft's minions.
But then you realize that Ubisoft wanted to make this game, not Nintendo, and it makes more sense why we're stuck with the rabbids.

What if it was Mario x Ghost Recon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
So I got mine coming to me in the mail (eventually) and one thing I wanted to know was "How mandatory is a screen protector"

Like I heard about a big hooplah a while back and I wanted to know if that was accurate or it was bunk or what, I hate screen protectors and they're always a hassle and a half to get on.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Forer posted:

So I got mine coming to me in the mail (eventually) and one thing I wanted to know was "How mandatory is a screen protector"

Like I heard about a big hooplah a while back and I wanted to know if that was accurate or it was bunk or what, I hate screen protectors and they're always a hassle and a half to get on.

Get a screen protector. You're paying 300 dollars for a portable console with a large plastic screen. Just do it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

C-SPAN Caller posted:

If they deleted the rabbids and it was just normal mushroom kingdom enemies with a few new alien ones (or the bean people) for spice to provide the laser guns and playable characters I would enjoy it way more and buy it for certain.

Imagine Waluigi in your party :allears:

Waluigi is a weirdo with no character traits outside of showing up where he's not wanted (in-universe) and being as rude, obnoxious, and crude as he possibly can while uttering loud unintelligible noises.

He and the Rabbids are basically the same character.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Get a screen protector. You're paying 300 dollars for a portable console with a large plastic screen. Just do it.

Alternate take: don't get a screen protector, I've regularly used mine since launch both in and out of dock and there's not a scratch on it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

mancalamania posted:

Alternate take: don't get a screen protector, I've regularly used mine since launch both in and out of dock and there's not a scratch on it.

Until it happens. Just sayin'. 10 dollars to save a lot of grief. If it was a glass screen, I'd be in the no screen protector camp too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TFRazorsaw posted:

Waluigi is a weirdo with no character traits outside of showing up where he's not wanted (in-universe) and being as rude, obnoxious, and crude as he possibly can while uttering loud unintelligible noises.

He and the Rabbids are basically the same character.

Not really. Rabbids are just Minions before the Minions

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I do think it's kind of weird that the playable Rabbids dress up like the playable Mario characters? But they will presumably have completely different abilities.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yeah I ordered one because of this logic (apparently amazon dropped price of them significantly so :10bux: for them, sure why not) but it was one of those "Am I being dumb idiot and getting it for basically no reason other than to satisfy paranoia?"

didn't realize screen was plastic, that answered that.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Forer posted:

Yeah I ordered one because of this logic (apparently amazon dropped price of them significantly so :10bux: for them, sure why not) but it was one of those "Am I being dumb idiot and getting it for basically no reason other than to satisfy paranoia?"

didn't realize screen was plastic, that answered that.

Your being paranoid and it's a waste of time and money.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The plastic screen makes it basically shatterproof, and adding a glass protector makes the screen scratch proof. It's that episode where Picard is a borg

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Improbable Lobster posted:

Not really. Rabbids are just Minions before the Minions

Minions and Rabbids are just these qualities spread out across a whole army of creatures instead of one.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The other thing is that the dock has a similar problem as to what the OG 3DS has. There are plastic components in there that will rub up against the Switch's screen, eventually causing scratches.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i mean that problems easily solved by just not using the dock. i use a screen protector cause im clumsy and always dropping stuff

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

i mean that problems easily solved by just not using the dock.

That's stupid.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dr. Fetus posted:

The other thing is that the dock has a similar problem as to what the OG 3DS has. There are plastic components in there that will rub up against the Switch's screen, eventually causing scratches.

Only defective docks do this, get a free replacement under warranty thanks to Nintendo' superior customer service!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Forer posted:

The dock scratches some people got were either them palm slamming the switch in crooked or because their dock was warped. If both sides of your dock are parallel, it is fine. If not, get Nintendo to swap it out. The other dock "scratches" are because there are rubber bits in the bottom of the dock that grab onto the Switch. These scratches are actually smudges from the rubber rubbing off onto the plastic screen. These smudges come off with a cloth and some elbow grease. Just get a screen protector anyway. It makes the switch screen shiny and not look like poo poo plastic. Also, like someone said, the plastic screen won't shatter, but it could get a dent. The glass screen protector will prevent the dents by shattering and absorbing the energy of whatever your switch falls on. Then you just replace the screen protector.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I've been tempted to chuck my switch after frustrating splatoon loses. Does a screen protector protect against that?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's doesn't protect against idiocy, sorry

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

I've been tempted to chuck my switch after frustrating splatoon loses. Does a screen protector protect against that?

Just walk away my dude. Sometimes you get on a hot streak, other times you get children a demo kiosk.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Imagined posted:

I look at my home screen with Zelda, Mario Kart, Spla2n, Overcooked, Snipperclips, Shantae, and Blaster Master, and I think about how the system has only been out since March, and I wonder why the gently caress people are complaining about having no games. If you didn't want these kinds of games, why the gently caress did you buy a Nintendo console.

It's definitely a stronger launch window than the 3DS or WiiU for sure.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder how many hours of gameplay the Zelda DLC will have since I don't trust XBC2 will release in the holiday season and I'll be in kind of a void after Odyssey.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I wonder how many hours of gameplay the Zelda DLC will have since I don't trust XBC2 will release in the holiday season and I'll be in kind of a void after Odyssey.

I actually fully expect a Direct in the Fall to hype up early 2018 releases if any.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

incoherent posted:

Just walk away my dude. Sometimes you get on a hot streak, other times you get children a demo kiosk.

I just take one deep breath and think about how dumb it is to get angry.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

What all is even coming in November and December that's big? I mean XBC2 will be 2+ months of content for me, and I actually got an snes classic mini preorder to bridge the gap since I haven't played 95% of the games on it.

I guess ARMS/Pokken/MK8D/Splatoon 2 will fill my dead time forever and I got two indie games to finish it's nice to have some good 1p games that don't have rabbids in them, and Odyssey is late October.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FE Warriors is supposedly 2017 but doesn't have a firm date yet so that'll probably be either Nov or Dec

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
stardew valley has endless playability

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

HyperPuma posted:

stardew when tho

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

HyperPuma posted:

stardew valley has no playability

because it's not out yet

stardew valley when

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Pretty interesting how in the first few weeks of life, there were endless complaints and reports of new flaws in the Switch design almost daily.

Yet like a month after launch, and after the high sales figures were released, almost all of the complaints mysteriously vanished.

The bullshit / extreme rare: Dock scratching the screen, the JoyCon straps "breaking" the JoyCon when inserted backwards, the dock overheating the switch and bending it. The kickstand not working.

The Clumsy: bending the rail on the JoyCon after dropping the system

The real: Poor range on left JoyCon. Easy fix. Poor networking - seemed to be completely fixed after an update. Kickstand blocks charging port, but I haven't heard recent complaints about this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amazingly it turns out that one person posting a thing on the internet does not make it universally true

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I have 40 dollars to burn in eshop credit. Anyone have any recommendations?

I already have Shovel Knight, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, and Blaster Master Zero fwiw.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I also already have that.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

TFRazorsaw posted:

I already have Shovel Knight, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, and Blaster Master Zero fwiw.

Binding of Isaac? I've put more hours into that stupid game than Zelda. I was skeptical at first since I bought the flash based PC release years ago but the random dungeon layouts and progressive unlocks makes something click in my lizard brain and I keep coming back over and over.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

TFRazorsaw posted:

If you have friends (and enough joy cons), Overcooked.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hrm.

I dunno if I'm a fan of the gross out style of BoI.

I'll consider it though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kamiko is decent but short, Voez is an okay rhythm game but there's no structure just here's a bunch of songs to play and you have to use the touchscreen.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
you could save your money for something you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yyyyeah. I think I'll hold onto it for Mario x Rabbids.

• Locked thread