Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Dude spent almost all of election night 2012 visibly hammered off his rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

that... that kinda rules

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pakled posted:

Cartoonists have barely had time to tract to the trans ban, and in the time between then and now we've had The Mooch's insane tirade, the skinny repeal failing, and Priebus resigning. loving hell.
Remember when Trump fired Comey 20 years ago?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I can't believe our home-grown organic British news of political incompetence keeps getting crowded out of the headlines and our cartoons by these drat Yanks flooding our market with their high-concentration high-volume supplies of their own maddening fuckery. we need tariffs.

Angepain fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 29, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Didn't the U.S. lead the race to Crazytown ever since It was founded?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Angepain posted:

I can't believe our home-grown organic British news of political incompetence keeps getting crowded out of the headlines and our cartoons by these drat Yanks flooding our market with their high-concentration high-volume supplies of their own maddening fuckery. we need tariffs.

You are now a part of the Trump Empire, get used to it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Eh. During the 19th and early 20th centuries I'd say the leaders in that particular horse race were France, Russia, and Germany and its predecessors.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cythereal posted:

Eh. During the 19th and early 20th centuries I'd say the leaders in that particular horse race were France, Russia, and Germany and its predecessors.

Didn't even have to wait for the 19th century for France to rush past the US to crazytown, that happened solidly in the last decade of the 18th

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A race between the US and UK I had meant.
But yeah it's hard to overtake late 18th century France.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The US might have raced to Crazytown since its independence, it didn't really matter as it was still growing in wealth and influence faster than any other country on Earth until the height of the Cold War. They could afford to be insane, it didn't change the bottom line. Things are different now. Still have a big lead on any competitors so they can afford to coast by for quite a while, but clowns like Trump can only hasten the decline.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Dude spent almost all of the 2012 election visibly hammered off his rear end.

FTFY. Remember his speech at the convention? Motherfucker was slurring worse than a broken speak and spell.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

there was a period during the french revolution where the committee of public safety ordered insufficiently patriotic cities to be demolished and their citizens massacred

there was a period in italian history where the pope locked himself in the apostolic palace and pretended that the kingdom of italy didnt exist for 50 years

there was also that time that france invaded mexico because a french baker claimed that mexican soldiers raided his shop. this later led to an austrian hapsburg being crowned emperor of mexico.

so, to answer your question:

no

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 29, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
On top of all the other news, Trump just gave a speech encouraging police brutality to a bunch of police officers. Yikes.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Not constantly but it's certainly been A Thing we've been doing for the past two hundred odd years (longer if you count the time the same dumb poo poo was occurring under different flags)

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

seiferguy posted:

On top of all the other news, Trump just gave a speech encouraging police brutality to a bunch of police officers. Yikes.

It's the thunderous applause that gets me

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/891005850420224001

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

seiferguy posted:

GOTTA GO FASC!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cat Mattress posted:

Kind of seeing a trend here.
I think it's got to be some kind of law that 80% of all British politoons are set on the white cliffs of Dover.
It's only been ramping up, too. Every goddamn comic is someone perched on or striding off the cliff.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Vib Rib posted:

I think it's got to be some kind of law that 80% of all British politoons are set on the white cliffs of Dover.
It's only been ramping up, too. Every goddamn comic is someone perched on or striding off the cliff.

Probably doesn't help that the film Dunkirk features them pretty prominently. You know how those Brits love to combine A Thing Happened with A Political Thing Happened.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Dude spent almost all of election night 2012 visibly hammered off his rear end.

guy has the dork-rear end fuckest name ever and you choose to mention the one thing that sounds cool about him, congrats

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Steve Bell has really been leading the charge for a while now on the Jumping Off The Cliffs Of Dover = Brexit metaphor, and/or been continuously running that one gag into the ground (depending how nice you want to be), so the other cartoonists may just be copying him. Wouldn't be the first time. It is a fairly obvious image though I guess given how much the cliffs are a symbol of The Border.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Internet Kraken posted:

Someone remind me which one Priebus was

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I thought Death would be more pissed than amused at McConnell, for loving up and depriving him of millions of new deaths.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
Death is calling McConnell a loser because he's still better at killing people, despite McConnell's best efforts.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Begemot posted:

Probably doesn't help that the film Dunkirk features them pretty prominently. You know how those Brits love to combine A Thing Happened with A Political Thing Happened.

I think you'll find those cliffs were in Dorset
:goonsay: :britain:
It's almost as if you didn't hear every clearly-audible word said in that movie, strange that

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mister No posted:

Death is calling McConnell a loser because he's still better at killing people, despite McConnell's best efforts.
I never thought of Death as killing people, just making a living on other people killing each other.

edit: while dancing and laughing at things just like the current health care poo poo

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 29, 2017

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Not anything to write home about, but still way better than most of his poo poo lately.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:getin:

he's so close to stroking out

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Mmm there it is

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Medical attention good.

Medical attention bad.

This has been a political cartoon.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
"I will not rest until the United States Military is entirely trans" - John McCain.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Wooooooowwwwww. I...uh...

That's like the nastiest poo poo taken by the nastiest poo poo.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

It’s time for John McCain to retire. The 80 year-old Arizona senator was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Any normal man would spend his remaining time with his family. Not McCain. He remains determined to do maximum damage to President Trump and the USA. 

McCain is a deep state stooge. He’s an angry poodle on the leash of George Soros. He’s a globalist who is pro-massive immigration, pro-war and pro-trannies in the military. He’s not a war hero no matter how many times that lie is repeated by the fakestream media. Getting shot down and suffering wounds does not make him a hero. “Song Bird” McCain told the North Vietnamese secret info which caused more Americans to die in Vietnam. He wet started his jet on the USS Forrestal as a prank. It started a massive fire that led to the death of 134 sailors. Tomorrow marks the 50th anniversary of that tragedy. McCain had to be helicoptered off the ship because many sailors were calling for his scalp. As a senator, the war-mongering traitor John McCain has enriched himself by wetstarting on America.

McCain is malignant tumor. He has given America a massive headache for way too long.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
:discourse:
Sign of huge LGBT advocate: Calls them 'trannies'.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
"He wet started his jet on the USS Forrestal as a prank. It started a massive fire that led to the death of 134 sailors."

Wait what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Ranter posted:

"He wet started his jet on the USS Forrestal as a prank. It started a massive fire that led to the death of 134 sailors."

Wait what?

FactCheck.org posted:

One incorrect but widely quoted theory has him triggering the Zuni missile with the exhaust of his own plane by "wet-starting" – deliberately dumping fuel into the afterburner before starting in order to shoot a large flame from the tail of the aircraft. This is a preposterous notion. For one thing, A-4 jets flew at subsonic speeds and were not equipped with afterburners.[...]

And while pilots tell us that a “wet start” is possible even without an afterburner, the theory fails for another reason. The tail of McCain's plane was pointed over the side of the carrier and away from other planes at the time, and the F4 Phantom fighter that fired the missile was facing McCain's plane from the opposite side of the deck, as shown in Caiella’s diagram, in other diagrams, and in Navy film of the fire.

This bogus theory appears to have gotten its start from a report by New York Times reporter R. W. Apple. Jr, who reported on July 31, 1967 – two days after the fire – that the Forrestal’s captain, John K. Beling, believed an “extreme wet start” had created “a thick tongue of flame” that set off the Zuni. Beling did not identify McCain’s plane as the source, however, and said only that the aircraft was “parked near the carrier’s island,” which would have put it far forward and on the opposite side of the flight deck from where McCain’s plane was getting ready to launch. Not usually noted by the conspiracy theorists is that Capt. Beling “repeatedly said that he had been unable fully to sort out the conflicting reports” that circulated on the 5,000-man vessel in the hours after the fire, according to Apple, who also called the wet-start theory “tentative.” In any case, Beling’s early theory was soon dismissed by Navy investigators, who found that the Zuni had been touched off by a stray electrical charge, not by a jet exhaust.

• Locked thread