Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Agronox posted:

working on a friday night is some bullshit

well, guess I will listen to this new arcade fire five times and TRUMP

Same, but with the final installment of the Resident Evil movie series Milla is so loving gorgeous marching around in her spandex boots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bethamphetamine posted:

I bet there's people in this thread who haven't watched Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. But you should It's a movie that pretends to have a male protagonist, but there are 2 female leads and an awesome female antagonist. It's a very cool and chill movie that you will love.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon owns but I don't think I've seen it since it was in theaters. Still owns though.

If you want to see some serious martial arts poo poo look up anything by Tony Jaa. Muay Thai ain't nothing to gently caress with.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

cumshitter posted:

i bought a barrel of industrial grade ethanol a few years back and i just put a few drops into a glass of water and bam its like ive ogt a fistfull of vodka

i preferred the good the bad and the vodka

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Chunky Salsa posted:

The how do you explain yesterday, huh? HUH? :colbert:

uh

i was hung over and remorseful yesterday too

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

I remember when jon stewart shamed him off of TV and I naively thought we were rid of him for good

i got problems with stewart, especially that bullshit he pulled during the writer's guild strike, but drat if he isn't better than the current crop of idiot talking heads

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Duscat posted:

uh

i was hung over and remorseful yesterday too

Well I mean same but that's every day

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

cumshitter posted:

i bought a barrel of industrial grade ethanol a few years back and i just put a few drops into a glass of water and bam its like ive ogt a fistfull of vodka

that's not how really how chemistry works but hey, w'evs gets you high

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

cumshitter posted:

wow i bet if i abstain from alcohol and anything else fun for 50 years i can be as smart and handsome as the dilbro

gently caress that man

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I like stewart but it's apparent that whatever witcher-esque binding ritual he used to send tucker back to the dark planes of punditry failed bigly

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i want to redo the scene where stewart calls out tucker for his bowtie but have the dude playing tucker ina business romper because theres no real difference

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Last weekend I promised someone (Turdfuzz?) I'd watch Fast and the furious

I just watched the first one, and I'd rate it a big cock and balls out of cum

It was ok I guess? i mean, except for the whole "ending without any idea of what the gently caress happened to anyone"

seems like it ended like 10 minutes early

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Nichael posted:

finally got a switch and it's so disappointing that it doesn't have menu music like this

With a better-paying job on the way that will hopefully let me scale back if not completely drop my freelance gig, I really want a Switch to waste all of the free time that I'll theoretically have. But I really want to know if Nintendo's going to do a hardware revision in the next year or two because I've seen people whining about a few things and I've got a lot of 3DS games left to play.

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Nichael posted:

I like stewart but it's apparent that whatever witcher-esque binding ritual he used to send tucker back to the dark planes of punditry failed bigly

If you look back on it, it's kinda like the binding of reality fell away when Stewart 'retired'

drat it John you and your chaos binding powers left us in our hour of need

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon owns but I don't think I've seen it since it was in theaters. Still owns though.

If you want to see some serious martial arts poo poo look up anything by Tony Jaa. Muay Thai ain't nothing to gently caress with.

I watched it opening day with 4 teenage girls who inexplicably decided to sit behind us in a completely empty theater. They would not shut the gently caress up until the roof scene. After that they were completely dead silent for the rest of the movie.

This movie made dumb teens stfu. It's really great and dont you dare test balloon my knowledge of kung fu movies. I will destroy you.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

C-Euro posted:

With a better-paying job on the way that will hopefully let me scale back if not completely drop my freelance gig, I really want a Switch to waste all of the free time that I'll theoretically have. But I really want to know if Nintendo's going to do a hardware revision in the next year or two because I've seen people whining about a few things and I've got a lot of 3DS games left to play.

as someone in a similar position, they almost certainly will

the gba, ds, and 3ds all got updated versions within two years or so

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Al! posted:

hes not dead yet?????

Tucker Carlson is the most handsome man on television

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

cumshitter posted:

wow i bet if i abstain from alcohol and anything else fun for 50 years i can be as smart and handsome as the dilbro

lol is he really a teetotaller?

and now he's a literal skeleton

a right-wing skeleton at that

bougie skels are getting so bonemealed when the skeleton uprising finally comes, fukken hell

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tucker Carlson is the smartest man on television

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bethamphetamine posted:

I bet there's people in this thread who haven't watched Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. But you should It's a movie that pretends to have a male protagonist, but there are 2 female leads and an awesome female antagonist. It's a very cool and chill movie that you will love.

Who the gently caress would ever think that movie was written with Chow Yun Fat as the protagonist?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Duscat posted:

lol is he really a teetotaller?

and now he's a literal skeleton

a right-wing skeleton at that

bougie skels are getting so bonemealed when the skeleton uprising finally comes, fukken hell

yeah i listened to him on the joe rogan podcast. he doesnt drink and i think he made a dumb joke about having tried weed but not doing it again

this is a guy with 3 microwaves in his home so he can make a lot of popcorn at once. you know, in case all of his friends drop by and want popcorn.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cumshitter posted:

its called soju

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

tithin posted:

It was ok I guess? i mean, except for the whole "ending without any idea of what the gently caress happened to anyone"

each one gets exponentially better ( I have not seen the last one)

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

that ones almost got some personality to it, good job ben

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

there were so many of these god drat things

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Zas posted:

that ones almost got some personality to it, good job ben

yep, got a slur in it and everything

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

its called soju

i lived in koreatown and somehow never treid it. to be fair there were billboards with the gangnam style guy advertising it everywhere so it semed really lame. this was years after ganman was no longer popular too

one time i went ona few dates with this kroean girl and haflway though is aid "i just realized i drive a korean car, live in korea town, we are at a korean restaurant, and im on a date with a korean girl. none of this was on purpose but an outside observer would assume i had a huge korean fetish."

the first time she came to my place i printed out a giant korean flag and taped it on my wall and pretended it was just a thing i didnt notice

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bethamphetamine posted:

I watched it opening day with 4 teenage girls who inexplicably decided to sit behind us in a completely empty theater. They would not shut the gently caress up until the roof scene. After that they were completely dead silent for the rest of the movie.

This movie made dumb teens stfu. It's really great and dont you dare test balloon my knowledge of kung fu movies. I will destroy you.

Nah my martial arts movie knowledge is basic, I only know about Jaa because my wife is from Thailand so she made me watch a couple of his movies.

SKULL.GIF posted:

as someone in a similar position, they almost certainly will

the gba, ds, and 3ds all got updated versions within two years or so

I think you're right but I want to play Breath of the Wild now :( But I have fuckin Wii games I never started that I still want to play, to say nothing of my Steam library. I need to stop reading this thread so much and use the time to game instead :v:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

Who the gently caress would ever think that movie was written with Chow Yun Fat as the protagonist?

Shits weird, yo. Ang Lee hosed up the Hulk movie then everything went nuts. But Michelle Yeoh came out like drat, "I'ma fuk up your movie by making it great" and nobody knew anything about anything.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Al! posted:

im not super familiar but i figured that was par for the course for him

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Al! posted:

the slur is TRUMP

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

tithin posted:

You really need to see the entire series to understand its greatness. Be warned, 2 and 4 are not great, but necessary for the overall experience.

Just to give you an idea, at some point it changes into world war z with cars.

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I'm really super happy and extra high peeps

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well nite crew its past midnight in gods time zone and im a boring person so im going to read me some mroe scifi and drift off to sleep g*d bless

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

BrownieMinusEye posted:

I'm really super happy and extra high peeps

same but the exact opposite

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

cumshitter posted:

yeah i listened to him on the joe rogan podcast. he doesnt drink and i think he made a dumb joke about having tried weed but not doing it again

this is a guy with 3 microwaves in his home so he can make a lot of popcorn at once. you know, in case all of his friends drop by and want popcorn.

"let's see now, what if every one of my friends dropped by at once and wanted popcorn... add a 300% margin for safety... okay, i need three microwaves"

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stay safe in the skeleton war :wave:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

cumshitter posted:

i lived in koreatown and somehow never treid it. to be fair there were billboards with the gangnam style guy advertising it everywhere so it semed really lame. this was years after ganman was no longer popular too

one time i went ona few dates with this kroean girl and haflway though is aid "i just realized i drive a korean car, live in korea town, we are at a korean restaurant, and im on a date with a korean girl. none of this was on purpose but an outside observer would assume i had a huge korean fetish."

the first time she came to my place i printed out a giant korean flag and taped it on my wall and pretended it was just a thing i didnt notice

that last thing is kinda weird man

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Consummate Professional posted:

each one gets exponentially better ( I have not seen the last one)

Fast & Furious is weird

It starts w/ 'lol street racing is cool amirite' and somehow becomes about the bonds of loyalty in a cabal of potent car wizards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler
How the gently caress can someone never have had soju?

Shits like ED BALLS in a bottle

• Locked thread