Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler
How the gently caress can someone never have had soju?

Shits like ED BALLS in a bottle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Duscat posted:

"let's see now, what if every one of my friends dropped by at once and wanted popcorn... add a 300% margin for safety... okay, i need three microwaves"

chapo did a reading on this article which is worth checking out

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-03-22/how-dilbert-s-scott-adams-got-hypnotized-by-trump

im pretty sure i live near the hypnotherapy institute he talks about

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Big McHuge posted:

The best reason to not drink Dr Pepper is because those corporate assholes shut down the Dublin plant which means I can no longer get that real nectar of the gods poo poo with the cane sugar.

oh but you can, its called UK Dr Pepper

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Actually the gaming thing I really want is an SNES Classic but I think I missed the 20-minute window where they were available for pre-order. It would let me finally sell my actual SNES and carts and not feel bad about doing so!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

someone put this in sepiatone and remove the background and you got like a civil war era photo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
soju is garbage

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
i learned from a barman in seoul a new insult for white people, taken from his own adventures in vietnam

새똥 - bird poo poo, which does indeed have the property of being white

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i remember when we used to talk about dilbro all the time itt. now its like his takes arent hot enough or something

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

BiohazrD posted:

still lolling at this

is garrison aware that strong daddy also wants to bomb Iran?

Garrison doesn't have soul or human integrity left enough to care.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

when u nutted but ur like "dude why u still suckin?"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Actually the gaming thing I really want is an SNES Classic but I think I missed the 20-minute window where they were available for pre-order. It would let me finally sell my actual SNES and carts and not feel bad about doing so!

Walmart cancelled a bunch of online pre-orders. It's basically going to be a scalped product. Sucks.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

uncurable mlady posted:

soju is garbage

ya i tried it, it didnt give me a buzz at all

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

uncurable mlady posted:

soju is garbage

soju is garbage for KRW1000 per 500ml in the supermarket, 3000 for 375ml in the bar
KRW1000 will also buy you like half a candy bar

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I’ve never had soju. not making it to Asia is like the only regret I have from the military

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the gorm~

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

tithin posted:

Last weekend I promised someone (Turdfuzz?) I'd watch Fast and the furious

I just watched the first one, and I'd rate it a big cock and balls out of cum

It was ok I guess? i mean, except for the whole "ending without any idea of what the gently caress happened to anyone"

seems like it ended like 10 minutes early

doesnt get good until #5 so just skip ahead

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Lastgirl posted:

ya i tried it, it didnt give me a buzz at all

you need to try four bottles over an hour, then

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

whoever combined glasses bowties and manlet hair together committed a truly immortal sin

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Consummate Professional posted:

I’ve never had soju. not making it to Asia is like the only regret I have from the military

dilute ethanol 5x, add proprietary flavoring, sell for less than coca-cola

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Nah my martial arts movie knowledge is basic, I only know about Jaa because my wife is from Thailand so she made me watch a couple of his movies.

You can earn awesome husband points by watching Tony Jaa movies and recommending Tony Jaa movies. And good on you, they are great movies that are fun to watch.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

cumshitter posted:

i lived in koreatown and somehow never treid it. to be fair there were billboards with the gangnam style guy advertising it everywhere so it semed really lame. this was years after ganman was no longer popular too

one time i went ona few dates with this kroean girl and haflway though is aid "i just realized i drive a korean car, live in korea town, we are at a korean restaurant, and im on a date with a korean girl. none of this was on purpose but an outside observer would assume i had a huge korean fetish."

the first time she came to my place i printed out a giant korean flag and taped it on my wall and pretended it was just a thing i didnt notice

I miss living in Koreatown sometimes. Great food, cool places. Even though it's called Koreatown there's a good variety of stuff there. Or at least there was, many decades ago.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

My Dearest Elizabeth,

How my heart aches to be so far from your loving bosom, but there is a fire within me. I have stood atop my platform, with my yelling cone, exhorting the "freedmen" to cast down their arms and throw themselves before their former masters and the mercy of their Christian charity. But alas, my shouting goes unheeded.

Confusedly Yours,

Carl Tuckerhoff the First

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

curufinor posted:

dilute ethanol 5x, add proprietary flavoring, sell for less than coca-cola

sounds like a good way to get hosed up

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
the cheap bottles of water in the supermarket are 2/3 the cost of soju per volume
the cheap bottles of coca cola are more expensive
seoul is understandably super expensive for gasoline. 1 liter is 1500won. so it's almost less expensive than gasoline. it is actually less expensive if you wait for a sale or buy in big cartons

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

Who the gently caress would ever think that movie was written with Chow Yun Fat as the protagonist?

yeh this. someone who glanced at the poster maybe

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

I... I... look identical to this gently caress..... No chin, scowl, rich, pail

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

sullat posted:

I miss living in Koreatown sometimes. Great food, cool places. Even though it's called Koreatown there's a good variety of stuff there. Or at least there was, many decades ago.

meat is 2x cheaper in america than in korea, sometimes 5x cheaper
therefore, korean bbq is often executed better in LA than in korea
cuz meat isn't as precious

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
nctv is doing the sequel after watching Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

it's time for

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew

after a brief intermission :getin:

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

curufinor posted:

the cheap bottles of water in the supermarket are 2/3 the cost of soju per volume
the cheap bottles of coca cola are more expensive
seoul is understandably super expensive for gasoline. 1 liter is 1500won. so it's almost less expensive than gasoline. it is actually less expensive if you wait for a sale or buy in big cartons

gmarket has cartons of orange juice for 5000w per 1.5 liter, or about 3000krw per liter, or more expensive than soju
they adulterate the hell out of that orange juice poo poo too

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

sullat posted:

same. i miss my lovely 100 year old apartment with the bloodstain over the door

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BrownieMinusEye posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

BrownieMinusEye posted:

that's stephen fry, show some respect

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Bethamphetamine posted:

You can earn awesome husband points by watching Tony Jaa movies and recommending Tony Jaa movies. And good on you, they are great movies that are fun to watch.

And they teach you good life lessons

Never gently caress with a man's elephant

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

the gorm~

daft as a brush innit

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
so i think one of the reasons the korean antidrug policy is so comparatively successful is that marijuana costs like 1,000,000-2,000,000 KRW an oz there (about $800-$1600)
compare to the $99 oz deals I get in the dispensary near me (norcal)
you could get a company of soldiers drunk, like proper drunk, for what an ounce of marijuana costs. and of course it's lovely ditch weed
so it gets outcompeted by liquor

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Consummate Professional posted:

sounds like a good way to get hosed up

read this as knocked up, had to re-read it a few times

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

as someone in a similar position, they almost certainly will

the gba, ds, and 3ds all got updated versions within two years or so

But they were marketed and positioned as handhelds, while the Switch is largely marketed as a console. Nintendo consoles don't really get many revisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

tithin posted:

read this as knocked up, had to re-read it a few times

korean people use condoms
small condoms
but i have to use a large korean size
which ends up being the exact same size as normal size in america
dunno if it's bragging, it's the truth