Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I convinced my girlfriend to call in and tell Tom about the dreams she'd had about him.

I knew he'd ask about Columbus bands and gave her the answer before she called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Listening to the archives working midnight and I'm adding "Mike Sajak, Pat Sajaks older brother" to my list of favorite non-regular wurster characters

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

My wife is convinced she knows Kat from Raleigh from college. I both want to confirm this but it may be best to never know.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Asnorban posted:

My wife is convinced she knows Kat from Raleigh from college. I both want to confirm this but it may be best to never know.

She posted about the tvtropes thing in the FOT Facebook group if you feel like going down that rabbit hole.

(The group is mostly fine.)

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

CaptainPsyko posted:

She posted about the tvtropes thing in the FOT Facebook group if you feel like going down that rabbit hole.

(The group is mostly fine.)

Welp. She had classes with her in college. Glad that's cleared up.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Archives update: 3-29-05 has Mike Sajak calling back in to ask Tom to testify for him as a character witness

I didn't think Mike Sajak could work for more than one call but it turns out he rules

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Cloks posted:

I convinced my girlfriend to call in and tell Tom about the dreams she'd had about him.

I knew he'd ask about Columbus bands and gave her the answer before she called.

lmfao that was a great call. These last 2 non-Tuesday shows have had great energy.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
[Wroooooong thread]

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 23, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Archive post: Roys movie about Roy vs Tom and Bruce Springsteen sounds incredible and I would watch it

heycindy
Jun 18, 2014

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Archives update: 3-29-05 has Mike Sajak calling back in to ask Tom to testify for him as a character witness

I didn't think Mike Sajak could work for more than one call but it turns out he rules

Is there a way to get the archive of the show in an RSS stream for a podcast app or just download the whole thing? I've only seen the old ones where you have to stream them on the website.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

heycindy posted:

Is there a way to get the archive of the show in an RSS stream for a podcast app or just download the whole thing? I've only seen the old ones where you have to stream them on the website.

If you Google best show mega.co you'll find an archive of every wfmu episode, it's what I'm using

Archive post: the last episode had people voting on if Petey or Officer Tom should get into the brand new FOT HOF and chiming in on other regular callers. One guy said he hated Philly Boy Roy, and the next call was Roy defending himself

Ruled

Also an irritating kid called in, his mom yelled at him, Tom managed to get the mom on the phone, and then told her to beat the kid for being awful

Edit this one has Officer Tom prepping for Jeopardy, also here's the archive https://mega.co.nz/#F!IhMUHSbT!bd9x_zzfj2lFfm8_dkvD_A

This one also has Tim and Eric taking a Wurster call and I'm dying

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 24, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
New favorite caller: the guy who just uses a Mr T soundboard

Edit pope Benedict was just elected and Reverend Pablo Fantana, of the diocese of New bridge, is calling to explain the papal selection process

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jul 24, 2017

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
This Oreo woman is sick

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
He's doing it

https://twitter.com/scharpling/status/890047896304967680

edit: oh wow this is just weird

SoupyTwist fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 26, 2017

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Kliph Nesteroff is like a real life Wurster character.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Man I hope this Oreo lady doesn't call again. I uh, don't need snack reviews read over the phone.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Dr.Radical posted:

Man I hope this Oreo lady doesn't call again. I uh, don't need snack reviews read over the phone.

That call was amazing.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Dr.Radical posted:

cat from raleigh parachute acct spotted

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Kliph Nesteroff is like a real life Wurster character.

on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is avalanche bob what are we looking at

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Somebody please make me a Garbage Pail Kids "Bob E. Cigarettes For Legs" avatar TIA

e: Oreo Review Lady is great

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 27, 2017

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Nah the best parts of that call were Tom saying "It's a cookie package CALM DOWN"

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is avalanche bob what are we looking at

Well, since it was a promotional call, not a regular mutant, let's give it a 6.

Also, the cookie hacker can call every episode for all I care. (Snack hacker?)

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Oreohead.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Every avalanche bob call is promotional though.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

inferis posted:

Every avalanche bob call is promotional though.

Yeah, but I'm too tired to come up with a clever way to make a more nuanced distinction.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Avalanche Bob is an 80 year old man. Good lord. This is not lost on anyone, including Tom.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Tom is clearly taking checks from Nabisco and the APmikedotbandcampdotcom lobby

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Trip report: I had the Oreo cookie candy bar and it's gross should I call the show

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yes, the show is about Oreos now.

Best Show turned into a Hamburger Men knock-off so gradually I barely noticed.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Was it the Angry Whopper or candy bar talk that started the shift to a food review podcast? Is it still a list show as well?

I can’t wait for both the top 50 #snacks and the top 50 #wacks episodes.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Know Such Peace posted:

Is it still a list show as well?
EVERYBODY OUT OF THE CHUNNEL!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's the weekend which means it's time to listen to the archives!

Tonight's episode is 4/26/05, with Hippy Johnny calling in about his music festival and officer Tom practicing for Jeopardy and being really bad at it. I don't enjoy officer Tom.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Joe Mande - Not funny

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm finding that I enjoy Wursters short weird one off calls that are just about the topic of the moment as much if not more than the long bits

He just did one where Tom was talking NBA and he called talking about how the Washington generals got replaced and the new team was totally going to smoke the Globetrotters that was great

E now a guy is calling in about feral cat hunting and how he's going to move just to hunt feral cats and open the world's first feral cat hunting lodge. He fuckin rules
E2 Andrew Earles rules
E Four Wurster calls tonight! Four! The fourth one is him making fun of a guy who called in offering to smoke Tom up. He pretends to smoke weed on the air before yelling OOOOOOOH THATS GOOOOOOOD WEEEEEED. You can keep your Mayubenortial debate or your Gas Station Dogs or your Power Pop-Pop, I just want Wurster shouting GOOOOOOOD WEEEEEEEED

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jul 29, 2017

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
[quote="“Seltzer”" post="“474836951”"]
Joe Mande - Not funny
[/quote]

I haven’t listened yet. Was Harris brought up at all on the show? I know Joe Mande just put out a special and guested on Doughboys to promote it, but it was super weird hearing him discuss chain restaurant cuisine whilst sounding just like Harris Wittels. He even went to the same college.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm finding that I enjoy Wursters short weird one off calls that are just about the topic of the moment as much if not more than the long bits

He just did one where Tom was talking NBA and he called talking about how the Washington generals got replaced and the new team was totally going to smoke the Globetrotters that was great

E now a guy is calling in about feral cat hunting and how he's going to move just to hunt feral cats and open the world's first feral cat hunting lodge. He fuckin rules
E2 Andrew Earles rules
E Four Wurster calls tonight! Four! The fourth one is him making fun of a guy who called in offering to smoke Tom up. He pretends to smoke weed on the air before yelling OOOOOOOH THATS GOOOOOOOD WEEEEEED. You can keep your Mayubenortial debate or your Gas Station Dogs or your Power Pop-Pop, I just want Wurster shouting GOOOOOOOD WEEEEEEEED

What was the air date?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Maarak posted:

What was the air date?

4/26/05

5/3 was kinda mediocre. No good calls, no real bad ones.

5/10 is great, Tim and Eric call in about their new projects with Abc Family, including the film HackyShaq

E: 5/10 ends with Petey, who I'm hit or miss on, singing Dylan's knocking on heavens door, and every single part of that phrse is used only in the loosest sense

It's been two weeks with no Wurster calls though, the last one was GOOOOOOOD WEEEEEEEED and it feels weird. Like dad went out for cigarettes and I don't know when he's coming g home

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 30, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
5/17 WURSTER HAS CALLED IN FOR THE LONG CALL AND ITS THE GOOOOOOD WEEEEEEEED GUY

His favorite band is King Missile. I like Weed Guy. New favorite character. King Missile rules

E I tapped out after that because the last hour and change was going to be callers hosting the show for five minutes at a time and no thanks

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jul 30, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
5/24/05 - Bryce aka Weed Guy has called in again. Weed Guy rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Bryce is great. His call when the Grateful Dead stop touring or whatever is still very funny. "I'm cryin' Tom, I been cryin' since Sunday"