Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wonder if Garrison would be cheerleading McCain / defending him against the left had he voted for the bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Oxyclean posted:

Wonder if Garrison would be cheerleading McCain / defending him against the left had he voted for the bill.

No, he would give Trump all the credit.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

I really had no idea Al Jaffee was still alive and working. You see that, Tinsley? Motherfucker is still putting more effort in a single cartoon than you do in a goddamn year and he's 96.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Trogdos! posted:

JEEEEEWWWWWS
Ah, something to pass on to the next gallery that displays Garrison's design work.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Edible Hat posted:

Are there examples you guys have of conservative cartoonists defending Nixon during the developing Watergate scandal?

Let's do this! :getin:

:thunk:

CHAPPAQUIDDICK

CHAPPAQUIDDICK again

:patriot: :911:

BUT HER EMAILS

The special investigation is a fishing expedition!

DEEP STATE

There were a lot of "The leaks are the real problem" cartoons.

On Spiro Agnew's resignation as VP following a bribery scandal

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

loquacius posted:

I <3 AMERICA, APPLE PIE,, AND ISRAEL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9n70oyiV3k

Also for shame, nobody did the obvious "The number of things harder to obtain than a gun keeps rising..." edit? :colbert:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

FronzelNeekburm posted:

BUT HER EMAILS

I love this one. They had to go back over 30 years to fill out all those "Democrat scandals" and the most recent one, the Otto Otepka thing, was already a good ~5 years old at the time. I'm not even sure how Pearl Harbor and the Cuban Missile Crisis can even be called "scandals" (unless this artist is alluding to the "FDR knew the attack was coming and purposefully left Pearl Harbor lightly defended so it caused as much damage as possible" conspiracy theory which I didn't even think existed back then).

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Really? Democrats caused the Cuban Missile crisis?

I guess it should have been resolved like so many conservatives/hawks/Republicans* wanted:

*not all the same back then!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I can't wait until Zelda murders Cesar.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

From CSPAM's trump thread

bumble posted:

wow, i can't believe garrison finally drew a realistic trump

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Garrison put a USA label on Uncle Sam.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

I hope Cesar smokes himself to death

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

So I took a long break from this thread, what is this comic?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Look at the perspective on those tongs. It's Rallian in how poor it is.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

I can't wait till we go to war with Iran and Garrison is cheerleading it.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pants Donkey posted:

Look at the perspective on those tongs. It's Rallian in how poor it is.

I've pointed this out multiple times, but while every individual piece of a Garrison work is fairly well-drawn, it all fits together like absolute crap and is pretty horrifying if you actually take a moment to look at it. Perspective, spatial relationships, basic anatomy, none of these things exist in Garrison Land.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 29, 2017

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Alacron posted:

So I took a long break from this thread, what is this comic?

poo poo with a fanclub

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I mean at least last dog on the moon nobody wants to read that loving novel so who knows it might not be trash.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Roland Jones posted:

I've pointed this out multiple times, but while every individual piece of a Garrison work is fairly well-drawn, it all fits together like absolute crap and is pretty horrifying if you actually take a moment to look at it. Perspective, spatial relationships, basic anatomy, none of these things exist in Garrison Land.

Yeah, he has no idea how to make it fit together, so the result is something that, on the surface, looks quite palatable, but as soon as you actually examine it none of it works and it makes you sick.

His art is a metaphor for his politics, is what I'm getting at.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

pillsburysoldier posted:

From CSPAM's trump thread

:roflolmao:
Thank you for posting that.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm tempted to call that Garrison comic the worst loving thing I've ever seen posted in this thread, or at least it's the only thing that's made me stop lurking and post about how much I hate it. Mocking a politician I dislike, using his brain cancer, for his occasional acts of decency—it makes me feel personally tainted somehow.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I'm torn here because the way the average MP behaves during debates in the British House of Commons is 100% worthy of mocking. Possibly the one thing Tinsley and I agree is worthy of contempt.

Also that Garrison comic is the first thing in this thread for a while that made me actually react out loud. Bloody hell.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I thought C-Span was purely an American thing so I was confused.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Whoa whoa, I don't read every "first dog on the moon" but enjoy the ones I do. It's fun trying to figure out aussie politics from a cartoon, like flying a jet looking through a straw.

People not liking zelda is the point of the cartoon, humans are self serving aggrandizing messes who sometimes do good things and the slob protoganist is a woman instead of some scruffy dude and people can't handle it.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

FronzelNeekburm posted:

BUT HER EMAILS

The special investigation is a fishing expedition!

DEEP STATE

There were a lot of "The leaks are the real problem" cartoons.

these are extremely good

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Shuka posted:

People not liking zelda is the point of the cartoon, humans are self serving aggrandizing messes who sometimes do good things and the slob protoganist is a woman instead of some scruffy dude and people can't handle it.

I don't think that's the point of the cartoon.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/josh-shaffer/article164166302.html

quote:

“Mallard is kind of a grumpy curmudgeon,” he said. “He can’t really do anything nice without making a snide remark about it...”

“Or just say I hate dogs and children,” he joked. “All my readers would believe you.”

JacobinPhoney
Mar 21, 2013

You know you're a great cartoonist when every one you do requires a 3 paragraph explanation/rant. :circlefap:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
As bad as garrison is, he saves the wall of text for outside his panels

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Does anyone know if :tinsley: is still an alcoholic? I'd prefer that he removes himself from the world sooner rather than later.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

I don't think that's the point of the cartoon.

That's pretty much the precise point of the cartoon:

Lina Neidestam posted:

Zelda is an idealist. But since she, like everyone else, is a product of society, she struggles to remain idealistic. She have urges she does not manage to hide. But it is much more fun to make humor with someone who is not perfect, than one who just says "cats are cute" and "feminism is good,"[...]
The series is about being newly converted. As soon as you've learned to see the world with a pair of new glasses, you'll see the structures everywhere. Everything is black and white. Zelda's feminist perspective is quite narrow. Often she only says something she has heard[...]
There are very many who cry about censorship when they are simply refused. I understand that Zelda does not belong anywhere. And it would have been fine if it was removed from Northern Lights [a Norwegian newspaper] just because it was filthy. But in such situations it is often the case that girls are the doing wrong things while the boys are allowed. I think female characters should be entitled to do the same as boys

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
These are a few days old.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Dry Bones guy should be very careful with criticizing ethnic groups who occupies countries that they claim was historically theirs.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

And yet you voted for him, and will vote for him again. GTFO.

Also, lol that Garrison. Trannies! C'mon, Ben, drop an n-bomb.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

:patriot: :911:

BUT HER EMAILS

I love this John Q. Everyman in the hat with the moustache and glasses all these folks drew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pakled posted:

I love this one. They had to go back over 30 years to fill out all those "Democrat scandals" and the most recent one, the Otto Otepka thing, was already a good ~5 years old at the time. I'm not even sure how Pearl Harbor and the Cuban Missile Crisis can even be called "scandals" (unless this artist is alluding to the "FDR knew the attack was coming and purposefully left Pearl Harbor lightly defended so it caused as much damage as possible" conspiracy theory which I didn't even think existed back then).
It'd be like a cartoonist today bring up Iran-Contra. I also love it.

• Locked thread