Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I think the game is punishing me for getting a rainbow on my last freebie pull. I haven't seen a single bonus unit yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Welp, preparing for the Dark Esper trial to get Upgraded Waifu Agrias a large sword mastery has taught me that when you spend a long time very carefully setting up a team with very specific requirements and get their gear and abilities set just so right before the game crashes... you lose all that poo poo. Starting the process all over again and making sure to return to the home screen after each step now :suicide:

edit: Jesus gently caress, the app is crashing every 3 turns in this trial, I'm in hell (but I only need to survive and summon Ifrit and I'm golden).

double edit: and Snow died like the useless piece of poo poo he usually is. Rip 120 energy so far on this loving trial

Triple edit: Now that I've done the 5 people and esper requirements it should be easier to just go in and trounce them though; it looks like Snow dying was a freak accident that probably won't happen again - it wasn't even on a threshold attack, I don't know what the gently caress.

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 29, 2017

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Varance posted:

I chased my Meliadoul waifu and ended up pulling Mel, Orran, Ashe, Rasler, Bran, Setzer, Rikku, Xon, Luneth, Ace and 2 Merc Ramzas across 25 tickets.

:whatup:

BRB, buying a lottery ticket.

You should be buying Lapis and get all the rainbows.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

What do you think the lottery ticket is for? Retirement? :v:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Kalas posted:

You should be buying Lapis and get all the rainbows.

he already does

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Cry Havoc posted:

he already does

I meant, 'all' the rainbows.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Burned 7 tickets trying to get any new characters on this banner. Got a shiny new Knight Delita, and looking for more goon friends.

He is already at max level and over 800atk so he can carry his own weight in this event.
Let me know if it says I'm full; I have plenty of pubbies I can kick.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Burned 7 tickets trying to get any new characters on this banner. Got a shiny new Knight Delita, and looking for more goon friends.

He is already at max level and over 800atk so he can carry his own weight in this event.
Let me know if it says I'm full; I have plenty of pubbies I can kick.

I on the other hand, burned 12? Tickets and the 10+1 and got Seltzer #3. Send help I can't stop

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm running cactuar dunes but I don't even know who I want to level. I could take my 2nd Agrias to 100 but I already have Cid and so leveling another Agrias just seems like a waste of materials really (since I'd have to use the rune blade if I ran all 3 of them anyways). Rem's almost to 100 so that's only a slight xp detour in the meanwhile.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ubiquitus posted:

I on the other hand, burned 12? Tickets and the 10+1 and got Seltzer #3. Send help I can't stop

30 tickets to get Meliadoul and I feel like I got super lucky.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm running cactuar dunes but I don't even know who I want to level. I could take my 2nd Agrias to 100 but I already have Cid and so leveling another Agrias just seems like a waste of materials really (since I'd have to use the rune blade if I ran all 3 of them anyways). Rem's almost to 100 so that's only a slight xp detour in the meanwhile.

Bank 30 Kings. Spend the rest on random scrubs.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

Bank 30 Kings. Spend the rest on random scrubs.

Right, you never know when you could pull that second Lightning! (I just did this)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Agrias 6 star has level 7 Green Magic and good stats, great for specific expeditions.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Dark Fina is my latest cactuar investment and after that... I dunno. A second Ashe? Kelsius? King?

EDIT: Got a rainbow on my 10+1!

...It's a dupe Lightning what do I even do with you. Did get my first Bran. I guess I can raise him?

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jul 29, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Apparently some people are reporting getting a second 10+1 ticket today. I got 100 lapis.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Nuebot posted:

Apparently some people are reporting getting a second 10+1 ticket today. I got 100 lapis.

Yeah, I got lapis too.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im saving my tickets because I need not one but two veritas of wind, one for each eileen after that gotta save up for ayaka and mistair.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

What's anybody's record for most Alma pulls in a row? I got a streak of four.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Is there any point in holding on to the 10+1 we just got? Seems like a lot of people are using them.

Am I crazy for considering holding it for the Nier banner?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Teketeketeketeke posted:

What's anybody's record for most Alma pulls in a row? I got a streak of four.

I think I got 2 or 3 in a row off-banner a while back. She's at 85% for me now.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

hagie posted:

Is there any point in holding on to the 10+1 we just got? Seems like a lot of people are using them.

That's what I'm doing. Or Veritas of the Dark.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

hagie posted:

You probably are crazy but we can be crazy together.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I mean it pulls from the general population so my chances are super low...right?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

hagie posted:

I mean it pulls from the general population so my chances are super low...right?

Yeah, there's no boosted rate, it's just 11 more regular pulls that could theoretically turn into a 9S.

The a secondary reason I want a remaster of Nier for the PS4 is the possibility of a Nier banner where I can get The Good Boy.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hagie posted:

Some chance of getting a Nier unit is better than no chance.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Some chance of getting a Nier unit is better than no chance.

Counter point I had a ton of lapis and wanted FFT units so I did an ill advised pull off the banner and fused literally everything because my only gold crystal was Hope #5

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

hagie posted:

on one hand yes , on the other hand, I got Rikku from the first 10+1 free ticket so go nuts .

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

hagie posted:

They are super low. But if you want to wait just tell yourself if you pull now it's going to be the same garbage you'll get if you wait. But at least you had that hundredth of a percent chance to get something good. And hey. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hope is the first step in the road to disappointment

The more you hope that the ticket will give you a Nier banner unit the stronger the chance you'll get a Hope

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Ubiquitus posted:

I burned 30+ tickets and a 5k pull trying to get Amelia and Rasler on their banners. Didn't get either so I understand the pain

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

I burned 30+ tickets and a 5k pull trying to get Amelia and Rasler on their banners. Didn't get either so I understand the pain

I only just got my first Setzer and my first Amelia on the 10+1 ticket. I get the feeling that if I play long enough I'll eventually get most, if not all, the 4*s.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Ouch yeah thats definitely worse. Honestly I think I've had better luck on dailies than I have on 11 pulls or tickets. . .

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Ive gotten a lot of good tmrs from 11 pulls. I dont think it's good for anything else.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

So I decided to say gently caress it and use my 10+1 since everyone was getting good poo poo. I figured the Nier odds were abysmal enough to not care anymore.

Hot
loving
Garbage

Got whoever posted above's Rosa #5
Cecil #12
Tellah #5
Clyne #8
Jack #9
Shantotto #10
Vivi #2
Vanille #5
Garland #3
Alma #8?
Abel #6?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tried Aigaion three times and managed to gently caress it up each time through mental errors. Thanks to those who hosted their REMs, you can switch em back if you want. I'm done with that rear end in a top hat till Ramza's enhancements come out during the second anniversary.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

Tried Aigaion three times and managed to gently caress it up each time through mental errors. Thanks to those who hosted their REMs, you can switch em back if you want. I'm done with that rear end in a top hat till Ramza's enhancements come out during the second anniversary.

I kinda want to give it a shot now that my Fryevia's up to snuff (the only things I could use to improve her are Genji Glove, a second Needle, and Luneth's TM - good loving luck on any of that), but spending 200 energy to get everything out of the dark esper trial yesterday was loving draining.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Okay, no problem.

There's got to be a way to get the robot done using two Orlandeus. Maybe switching Excalibur off for Apocalypse or Vargas's sword or something... It wouldn't be the cakewalk two Fryevias is, but perfectly chaining Divine Ruinations while the others keep a defensive matrix up has to be doable.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:negative: my entire friends list switched over to Agrias now. Which is nice I guess, more bonus for the bonus god and all. Except the only ones not using excalibur are ones with like 100 attack. My Olive stops just slightly shy of one shotting the whole last wave and the boss loves using grand cross to blind her.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

:negative: my entire friends list switched over to Agrias now. Which is nice I guess, more bonus for the bonus god and all. Except the only ones not using excalibur are ones with like 100 attack. My Olive stops just slightly shy of one shotting the whole last wave and the boss loves using grand cross to blind her.

IDK if you're on my friend list but mine is around 540ish with non-excalibur and diablos as their esper. I'll probably swap out her weapons to brotherhood and vernard at some point.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Try single-target nuking the boss and letting the demons do whatever. It's likely more survivable than letting her Grand Cross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

AegisP posted:

Try single-target nuking the boss and letting the demons do whatever. It's likely more survivable than letting her Grand Cross.

A pair of ultimas will still really gently caress you up.

• Locked thread