Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

In the most recent origin of the JL in the comics, Cyborg proves himself to be a key player to stop Darkseid, so I'd expect the film to go through if not identical, similar plot beats.

And much to the dismay of Geoff Johns, still no one will care about Cyborg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Geoff Johns seems to be an odd, sad case where he's incapable of doing anything interesting with characters he's sentimentally attached to. Hopefully the movie will do something with it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would trade any given marvel or dc film for more Addams Family movies is basically what I learned from that tweet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Barudak posted:

I would trade any given marvel or dc film for more Addams Family movies is basically what I learned from that tweet.

Can't argue with that.

The Addams Family is basically the original 'Scary, freaky people with strange customs can still be perfectly nice and maybe even better as families than people like you', and it's a message that hasn't lost its relevance at all.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

I'd agree. Those two movies with Raul Julia were really good. They're basically like the XMen. Supernatural family feared by fellow man.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Gatts posted:

I'd agree. Those two movies with Raul Julia were really good. They're basically like the XMen. Supernatural family feared by fellow man.

My big problem with the second one was once again, the plot revolved around Fester.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hodgepodge posted:

Well, Darkseid wants those mother boxes, and Cyborg is rather attatched to his.

DC also seems desperate to push one of the very, very few black people they have on their roster.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Cythereal posted:

DC also seems desperate to push one of the very, very few black people they have on their roster.

Honestly surprised they didn't put Black Lightning in JL, and give Cyborg the CW show.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Honestly surprised they didn't put Black Lightning in JL, and give Cyborg the CW show.

Thinking about it from a special effects POV, one seems to be way easier and cheaper for tv, and the other one still has people saying he looks bad with the weight of modern CGI technically behind him.

That said, there's also this really weird surplus of black superheroes with electricity powers, so it was probably for the best they avoided one for Justice League.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Thinking about it from a special effects POV, one seems to be way easier and cheaper for tv, and the other one still has people saying he looks bad with the weight of modern CGI technically behind him.

That said, there's also this really weird surplus of black superheroes with electricity powers, so it was probably for the best they avoided one for Justice League.

Cyborg just needs the half mask, they could cover up his body with clothes for the most part. For TV, I mean. Though it could help with some of the movie complaints.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cyborg looks like a rejected design from the RoboCop remake a few years ago.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Detective No. 27 posted:

That's mostly because of a dozen or so knockoffs of Black Lightning because DC doesn't wanna pay royalties, though it's of my favourite bizarre comics stereotypes. It's like you can always tell a Catholic superhero because they all look like demons, dress like demons or are demons.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Hodgepodge posted:

Well, Darkseid wants those mother boxes, and Cyborg is rather attatched to his.

Basically the Vision of the DCCU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

His dad is Dr. Miles Dyson.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Timby posted:

I think the comparison is very unfair to RoboCop's rejected design.

Cyborg looks like a VOD version of a DC character, maybe good enough to be in an Adam Sandler Netflix movie. Ehhhh, maybe.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think he looks great

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I think he looks great

Aquaman does, yes,

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Weird that people are so judgemental about Cyborg having seen so little of him.

Totes should've gone with the Teen Titans GO version though.

Davros1 posted:

My big problem with the second one was once again, the plot revolved around Fester.

What the gently caress.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

wyoming posted:

What the gently caress.

Fester is the emotional heart of both films! Also, Debbie owns, and the summer camp stuff is much stronger and funnier because it's the B plot. If you'd cut anything it's the Pubert stuff but it remains funny that the only thing Puggsley does for the whole film is try to kill him in funny ways, and the "he's very sick" gag makes me laugh just thinking about it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The teen Titans go version looks like a Fisher Price toy, which is perfect for that shows tone and style but wouldn't work at all in this context.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I think he looks great

might wanna get your eyes checked, albert.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

my first impression was: "what's his face doing inside all that bad cgi"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

wyoming posted:

Weird that people are so judgemental about Cyborg having seen so little of him.

He's half a face buried in a walking GTX 1080. Little is all that's available.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wonder if the trailer song (the re-orchestration of Superman's theme) will be anywhere in the film. Trailers these days have a bad habit of using music that isn't in the soundtrack.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
This movie is going to have people say 'mother box' at least 15-20 times.

Bad guy: Where is the Mother box
Ben Affleck: we have to protect the Mother box
Aqua man: This is my Mother box
Bad guy: give me your Mother box
Cyborg: The Mother box... it's inside me

Mother box

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goffer posted:

This movie is going to have people say 'mother box' at least 15-20 times.

Bad guy: Where is the Mother box
Ben Affleck: we have to protect the Mother box
Aqua man: This is my Mother box
Bad guy: give me your Mother box
Cyborg: The Mother box... it's inside me

Mother box

It won't because they will reveal partway through the proper name is the Martha Box.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

ImpAtom posted:

It won't because they will reveal partway through the proper name is the Martha Box.

Holy poo poo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTLtFDkyryI

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gatts posted:

Ms. Peregrine's School For Exceptional Children is the best X-Men movie bar Logan

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Fast and the Furious 6 is the best Avengers movie.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Snowman_McK posted:

Fast and the Furious 6 is the best Avengers movie.

I think you mean Fast Five.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

teagone posted:

I think you mean Fast Five.

Five is great. But Five didn't have a tank. Unless you count the Rock as a tank, in which case 6 had two tanks.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fast Five is the better Avengers comparison because it's the first F&F movie where characters from different films in the franchise came together to form a super team.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Fast & Furious, Fast 5, and Fast & Furious 6 are sort of like the Justice League because Gal Gadot is in all of them. She was also in a deleted scene of Furious 7.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

precision posted:

Ms. Peregrine's School For Exceptional Children is the best X-Men movie bar Logan

This movie is horrible and Asa Butterfield is so bad it's insane.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CelticPredator posted:

This movie is horrible and Asa Butterfield is so bad it's insane.

I disagree, I thought it was one of Burton's best

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

WHAT'S IN THE MOTHER BOX!?!?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

teagone posted:

Fast Five is the better Avengers comparison because it's the first F&F movie where characters from different films in the franchise came together to form a super team.

But does it have a tank? Or two tanks.

I just loving love 6.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Cythereal posted:

Does another company own movie rights to Green Lantern like Sony? Because there's nothing wrong with just starting with John Stewart/Simon Baz and eventually work back Hal in as Parallax. Maybe also Martian Man hunter because gently caress it, you're using grunge Aquaman of all people. And with all the dumb electric effects, might as well use Static Shock as someone young flash can goof off with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Anyone remember fat Martian Manhunter from the 1990s TV movie?