Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I'm just gonna repost this cause I came across it again. I understand the irony of this action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INt0PKe3QBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

It's the minorest of minor details but Please Retweet's use of quotation marks makes me laugh every time.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Combining the McElroys and Chapo would be the biggest disaster possible and now I'm morbidly curious

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Yeah nah I doubt I could imagine worse pod chemistry.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
In non McElroy but McElroy Adjacent news, the "Pat and Allegra watch every (series) intro" series is a real fun one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufOarFMNI_k

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The McElroys going on Cum Town would make the episode years ago where the guys from Uhh Yeah Dude went on Jordan Jesse Go look friendly and fun in comparison

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I dunno they have some overlaps. For example they both have a long running bit where they suggest you show your love for your dad with your mouth

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I've yet to find a political podcast that wasn't by and for morons barely capable of making the most tepid of hot takes and I don't want our good good boys going near any of them.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My Wonderland pin finally arrived even after I moved.
It's a bit bigger than I expected and I love it.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
putting the boys on chapo is a very good idea. I want them radicalized. just don't mention Hamilton.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Realtalk all of these would be absolutely terrible ideas but I would pay to see them happen anyways.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Just listen to the politics episode of Smart Stuff with Justin and Roman.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My friend's wife has been designing things for the GenCon cosplay.

They're going to be printing these out to put on book covers.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

ekeog posted:

The McElroys going on Cum Town would make the episode years ago where the guys from Uhh Yeah Dude went on Jordan Jesse Go look friendly and fun in comparison
I never heard this one so I downloaded it and it's actually not that bad.

"Great point, very handsome" was positively prophetic back in 2009, before the age of Chrissy Teagan on Lip Sync Battle and the copycats.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Can we buy episodes of the MBMBAM show? I'm not at all interested in a subscription to Seeso, but would pay significantly more to "own" digital episodes.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

The Modern Leper posted:

Can we buy episodes of the MBMBAM show? I'm not at all interested in a subscription to Seeso, but would pay significantly more to "own" digital episodes.

It's up on iTunes.

Also this poor boy, to witness the fires of hell and be able to walk away

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/891370892449779712

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/891374150396375041

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/891382359274250240

(the whole thread is gold, especially the random nerds getting mad at him for tweeting in the theater)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Goddamn it Justin stop giving Sony money, we need this movie to fail so they can axe their film div and Disney can buy back the rights to Spider-man and expand their Marvel monopoly of good movies!! :argh:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Chibs posted:

(the whole thread is gold, especially the random nerds getting mad at him for tweeting in the theater)
Big shock that random internet nerds wouldn't realize he would have been at a children's showing where they are all screaming and the lights are fully on. There's no way his tweeting would be noticed.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
On Flop House Eliot talks about some kids movie he saw at like 4 or something being his first moment realizing 'oh, movies can be bad' since obviously at that age so much of the fun is just the act of getting to go out to a new place and eat popcorn and see something new and all that jazz. There has to be an actual moment of realizing that the mere act of going out isn't the treat, but the movie is, and oh poo poo those can be BAD.

What I'm saying is Charlie will one day tell this version of that story on her podcast My Sister My Sister And Me that she starts with the other McElroy Babies, so I salute Justin for being EXTREMELY brand focused.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
My Cousin My Cousin and Me

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

achillesforever6 posted:

Goddamn it Justin stop giving Sony money, we need this movie to fail so they can axe their film div and Disney can buy back the rights to Spider-man and expand their Marvel monopoly of good movies!! :argh:

You know that it's Charley who holds the power at the movies, right? Justin doesn't have a say anymore. He hasn't for years now.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Chibs posted:

It's up on iTunes.

Says it's not available in the US itunes store, and tries to get me to switch to Australia (?). Thanks anyway.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I cancelled my Seeso sub. There was no reason to keep it. Sorry boys. I'll be back if you get a season 2.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Seeso's getting axed so... No big loss there? Sad there might not be a season 2 for these good good boys

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kenny Logins posted:

I never heard this one so I downloaded it and it's actually not that bad.

"Great point, very handsome" was positively prophetic back in 2009, before the age of Chrissy Teagan on Lip Sync Battle and the copycats.

you want to talk loving awkward podcasts look at the penny arcade episode of jordan jesse go

(you can't because it doesn't exist anymore)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it's on the deep web and it is excruciating

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

you want to talk loving awkward podcasts look at the penny arcade episode of jordan jesse go

(you can't because it doesn't exist anymore)
Yeah I've heard it and it's the gold standard of awkward. At least for the UYD JJGo it was just Seth being a little tight lipped (Jon was 100% playing ball). The PA interview radiates resentment and passive-aggression from the interviewees.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Kenny Logins posted:

Yeah I've heard it and it's the gold standard of awkward. At least for the UYD JJGo it was just Seth being a little tight lipped (Jon was 100% playing ball). The PA interview radiates resentment and passive-aggression from the interviewees.

Yeah, UYD on JJGo is mostly Seth being uncomfortable, Penny Arcade got super mad and then wrote about it being the worst thing they've ever done and drew Jesse Thorn as a serial killer.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Who What Now posted:

I've yet to find a political podcast that wasn't by and for morons barely capable of making the most tepid of hot takes and I don't want our good good boys going near any of them.
Allow me to introduce you to a little show called The Bugle

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

TACD posted:

Allow me to introduce you to a little show called The Bugle

Travis joining in on a pun run could destroy us all.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

SpacePig posted:

You know that it's Charley who holds the power at the movies, right? Justin doesn't have a say anymore. He hasn't for years now.

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/850779795608743936

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'm finally catching up on Monster Factory and Sweeps Week is way better than I thought it would be, I'm ashamed of myself for sleeping on it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

She's already working on the McElroy warble :allears:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

ekeog posted:

Yeah, UYD on JJGo is mostly Seth being uncomfortable, Penny Arcade got super mad and then wrote about it being the worst thing they've ever done and drew Jesse Thorn as a serial killer.

What's real hosed up is that Jesse still gets flak from people over that episode.

http://jessethorn.tumblr.com/post/152384326161/what-happened-with-those-web-comics-guys

quote:

Many times over the years, our fans have reached out to the Penny Arcade guys about it, on Twitter, on their forum, whatever. They’ve always declined to apologize or ever moderate their shittiness. When I added a show hosted in part by guys from video game world, I got a new round of emails and harassment - people saying “how could you team up with that creepy rear end in a top hat” or whatever. Honestly, over six years, this has never stopped - it’s slowed, but it still crops up every other month or so.

The PA guys also, arrived an hour early and got mad about having to wait to record the podcast instead of admitting they made a mistake. Pretty sour experience all around. I love JJGO and I can't make it through that episode.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Srice posted:

What's real hosed up is that Jesse still gets flak from people over that episode.

http://jessethorn.tumblr.com/post/152384326161/what-happened-with-those-web-comics-guys

That blog post is maybe the most harsh Jesse has ever been about that incident as far as I can remember, and, even then, it's still incredibly moderate and understanding.

He's been a class act about it and it's hilarious to imagine people being mad at the McElroys - who both personally and politically are almost polar opposite of the PA people - because they joined a network with a guy that Penny Arcade doesn't like.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Srice posted:

lol

Webcomics are poison.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The newest Smurfs movie was actually pretty good so I gotta agree with the kid on this one.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
i find myself wishing it had been tim buckley

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Kenny Logins posted:

What are the cliff notes version for people who don't wanna listen to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Ive read of it but never heard it, and i doubt i could stomach it. Cliff notes would be greatly appreciated.