Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Shiro's a good guy, probably one of the best kids in this game. They're not really a good lot but Shiro manages to be better than a lot of 1st gens, including his dad.

Tae, you showing off Heirs of Fates? It's pretty interesting but I'd understand if you were burnt out on FE after Rev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

blizzardvizard posted:

Y'know, I'm not surprised Ryoma is a Stereotypical lovely Dad.

Never played BR/Rev, but Shiro seems to be a pretty fun character from what I've read.

Going by the Japanese popularity poll, Shiro is the most popular Hoshido kid. As well he should be! He's also amazing from a game play standpoint, pretty much regardless of who his mother is.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mysticblade posted:

Shiro's a good guy, probably one of the best kids in this game. They're not really a good lot but Shiro manages to be better than a lot of 1st gens, including his dad.

Tae, you showing off Heirs of Fates? It's pretty interesting but I'd understand if you were burnt out on FE after Rev.

I have said I will not spend any more on Fates

Next kid is Kaden's Daughter.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tae posted:

I have said I will not spend any more on Fates

Next kid is Kaden's Daughter.

Might as well go maximum anime for Kaden. Corrine.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

whose left to pick from?

I dunno Rinkah?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Don't really care one way or another, but I guess Setsuna.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Cythereal posted:

Might as well go maximum anime for Kaden. Corrine.

We get not just one, but TWO dragon-fox hybrid royalties. I approve. Corrine.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Yeah, why not. Corrine.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

whose left to pick from?

I dunno Rinkah?

Everyone? 3 women out of like 20 left.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
I really like Kaden's supports with Setsuna.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Setsuna or Corrine, last chance.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

setsuna

no freaky dragon fox babies in my house

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Corrine

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Tiebreaking vote for Corrine, unless Ariadne locked in Setsuna.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I guess Corrine is a fox mother

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You see this hole here? Peek through it, and then rotate the whole thing.

Cotton and Silk. This is some DBZ levels of puns.

Selkie's one of those kids that are only slightly affected by their mother's hair, as you see the small purple strand.

No good. It's gone. No fair, flying and stuff.
Guess I'll just have to learn to fly too. Doesn't sound too hard. I'll just find the tallest tree around here and jump.
Hmm? What's that glowy doorway? Hello? Anyone home? HELLO? ANYONE? Huh, nothing.

Did Kaden leave her with servants like the others? Who knows, this is like 50/50 on them actually saying anything about it.

*Selkie goes through the portal*

Eeeew. What's THAT smell?

Oooh! Where? Oh, you mean me.

You know, Selkie is totally believable as Corrine's daughter.

Must be my lucky day. I can sell a kitsune for a fortune. Dead or alive too, so I might as well make this easy. Dead will be fine.
(Hmm? What does "selling" mean? Or this "dead" thing? Weird.)
(Whatever it is, sounds like fun.) Hey, let's play, mister. And do I smell more of your friends in the wind? I do! Let's ALL play!
Everyone! We've got it surrounded! Keep our circle tight—don't let it escape!

*Meanwhile*

Hayato is at least an actual Kaden support.

Every time I go to her Deeprealm, my daughter is even more amazing!
Is that so? And you say she's a kitsune too?
Sure thing. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree either—her fur's just like mine. Now it's probably even glossier than the last time I saw her!

Don't lay a finger on her. Or else. Which I mean in the worst way possible.

Ooookay, him being super protective dad is weird.

You're kidding, right? I know people sometimes hunt your kind. But you do realize that I'm a friend, don't you?

Need a hand? Oh, wait. You're probably not the sort that I should help.
Another one?!
Another what—a kitsune, here in these woods? By any chance, you don't mean a kitsune girl, do you? Looks like me? Stunning fur? Twinkle in the eye?
What?! Er, yeah. More or less.

You intend to put your filthy paws on my daughter. I guess it's time I show you all just what I mean by OR ELSE.

This is a bit familiar: Kid lost and surrounded by the enemy as I try to get the father to talk to the NPC.

This one's a little safer since she's surrounded by Archers and they don't move, also this ain't pure desert.

STATS HERE

Bench 4: http://www.strawpoll.me/13571802

Tae fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 30, 2017

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tae posted:

Selkie's one of those kids that are only slightly affected by their mother's hair, as you see the small purple strand.

No good. It's gone. No fair, flying and stuff.
Guess I'll just have to learn to fly too. Doesn't sound too hard. I'll just find the tallest tree around here and jump.

Considering she's at least, what, a quarter dragon, this is slightly less idiotic than it would normally be.

That said... yeah. Wow. She's definitely her mother's daughter. Cynthia looks like a Rhodes scholar in comparison.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tae posted:

This is a bit familiar: Kid lost and surrounded by the enemy as I try to get the father to talk to the NPC.

This one's a little safer since she's surrounded by Archers and they don't move, also this ain't pure desert.
On the flip side, you have mountains surrounding Selkie that still slow everyone else down outside of fliers and a lot of bottlenecks. Thankfully, the enemies tend to be a little more focused on your units instead of Selkie.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

chiasaur11 posted:

Considering she's at least, what, a quarter dragon, this is slightly less idiotic than it would normally be.

That said... yeah. Wow. She's definitely her mother's daughter. Cynthia looks like a Rhodes scholar in comparison.

I feel vindicated. I suggested Corrine knowing very little about the kids and just figured a human/dragon/kitsune hybrid prince or princess was only appropriate for the setting.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

I get the sense that Kaden visits more often than the other dads do, but Selkie is alone besides that.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
She's gonna have permanent beast and dragon weaknesses now.

Selkie is one of my favorites of the children.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tae posted:

Don't lay a finger on her. Or else. Which I mean in the worst way possible.

Ooookay, him being super protective dad is weird.

I dunno, it's at least consistent with his characterization from Conquest, where he was willing to murder your army just for accidentally wandering into his people's territory.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Maybe it is me, but it does seem like most of the kids who's fathers weren't total dicks are a little airheaded? Sophie, Selkie, Midori... (checks who the hell we've seen because jesus this game has too many people) other people we haven't met yet so spoilers.

In any case, I'm sure this whole situation with the Kabuki dancer can be settled peacefully, right?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

quote:

That this design isnt a normal recruit character is something I cannot forgive intsys for.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That this design isnt a normal recruit character is something I cannot forgive intsys for.

That would make some of this silliness worth it.

Can we recruit this person? More to the point, should we?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They're calling us "the twins"! We can't let them treat us this way! They're wrong!

Voting will end in an hour.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

What class is he? Basara?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Basara, yes.

Ryoma, Jakob, Nyx, Beruka are out.

Tae fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 30, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm going to make a pretty good guess that Nyx isn't surviving the next elimination round.

PSkill: Playthings-After the start of the user’s Turn, all enemies that are adjacent to the user have their HP reduced by 5

Selkie is a lot easier than Shiro to keep alive for a couple reasons. First, the top half of the map is just a bunch of archers that don't move. Period. She'll attack each archer before moving on to Daichi, which means if left alone, she'll be there in like 8 turns.

Fuga shows off his elementary school toy he found in someone's bin. The fact that he can crit with it is hilarious yet scary.

Hayato eliminates the Master Ninja and gains everything but skill and speed on his level. His 13 Skill is actually becoming a problem.

I sent Keaton and Benny to fend off and bait the clutter of enemies in the nearby area.

Selkie can (un)fortunately solo her way through the collection of archers, which is certainly an interesting twist to race for her rescue.

The difficulty of this map is the initial batch of enemies on the right and the approaching enemies from the upper left side. It's a mission that solves itself very quickly with no tricks. Not even Dragon Veins.

Dwyer yoinks Selkie out of her range massacre, while Saizo stretches his arms after many, many missions on the bench. He rewards himself with a near perfect level for 20, only missing out on resistance.

Setsuna, this isn't funny anymore.

thefuq?

Hmm, I don't think Shiro's gonna cast spells anymore.

Daddy! You've come to play too?
Huh? These people aren't playing. And you musn't play with them. Not now. Not ever. Nuh-uh. No way.
Boooo... Why not? And after I went to all the trouble of rounding them up for a game! *grumble grumble*
Hmm, what was that again? And where did you pick up such ugly words?

Wait, which words were ugly

Never mind, Daughter. Just listen. These men want your fur.

How can they-? Oh. I get it.

Those big ears let out all the brain or something?

Lemme at 'em. Or, wait...I've got a game for you, Daughter. It's called Hunt the Humans.
Thanks, Daddy! Should be fun!

Saizo, did you eat all the good stats

Selkie turns into a Nine-Tails. Finally an easy decision.

What the hell is going on

Benny stands in front to be a wall against the last actual threat. He also gains a good level, breaking the mini-curse.

Hana might actually reach 20 strength before level 5.

This is an actual accomplishment considering Selkie was added to the pile of under-18 strength club.

Saizo changed into a Dread Fighter because I forgot to buy a Master Seal. 17 speed ninja, whoo. Making Laslow look like the Flash in comparison.

Literally none of these Snipers move. So let's skip to the end.

Level Ups

Selkie-SPD/LCk/DEF

Hayato-SPD/LCK

Man, this mission kinda sucked for me huh.

I'm pretty sure we faced his exact face model before in Conquest....

The only notable thing about him is that he has 53 HP. The rest? Uh....barely better than a level 20, let alone a level 34.

The rare triple zero

At least he gave up a full level's worth of EXP

Good god, Setsuna/Niles/Selkie are all playing chicken on who reaches 18 strength first

Hmm. Selkie, you do realize that they were trying to catch you, right?
Yup! It was like tag!
Whoa, Daughter. It really wasn't. But I'm just glad you're safe.
Hey, hey, Daddy? Are all of your battles like this?
Hm? Yeah, pretty much.

What? No, you're not.
Wheee! Yes, I am! This is going to be way more fun that being stuck at home.
Battles aren't fun and games, Selkie. They're sad and deadly.
They are?
I'm sorry, Daddy. I guess I just got carried away.
Nope. No need to apologize. Just as long as you understand.
You know, since you and your friends saved me... I need to return the favor. That's the right thing to do, isn't it?

Seriously could've fooled me that Selkie didn't pick up Corrine's...ideals.

Then it's settled. I can play with your friends from now on!
Huh? I didn't say you could come.
I guess they would like to play you though. Not too rough now!
I'll do my best, Daddy!

For those that don't know, Selkie's voice actress is the same as Hinoka and Peri. The exact same Peri laugh.

Unit Joined

Selkie

Class sets: Starts as Kitsune, Nohrian Princess, Diviner
PSkill: Playthings-After the start of the user’s Turn, all enemies that are adjacent to the user have their HP reduced by 5

Growth Rates
HP: 50
STR: 47.5
MAG: 22.5
SKL: 52.5
SPD: 70
LCK: 62.5
DEF: 32.5
RES: 57.5

Selkie is just like daddy, high speed and resistance with little else. Her PSkill is kinda meh, considering it's conditional for little payoff since she doesn't want to be in the middle of a fray.

The most notable thing about Selkie besides having both Dragon and Beast weakness is the ability to change into a Nohrian Princess. Honestly, she's pretty good in either class as Nine-Tails really drags her non-speed/resistance stats.

OK! Then let me have that hug! Don't hold back, Daddy!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I've always found Selkie a lot more reliable than Kaden, statwise, regardless of who her mother is. She's on her own wavelength but at least she didn't grate on me, and some of her supports were surprisingly good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Next kid is everyone's favorite unit

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Kagero. Maybe people will vote for the kid sometimes if he has good growth rates.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Is Hana still unmarried? If so, give him her. Might as well give useless kids useless mothers.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jul 31, 2017

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Felicia. This kid is garbage and his stats should reflect it.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Hana.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Setsuna. It's what I always do when I bother to get this kid.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
During my Rev run I tried to pair as many Nohrians/Hoshido characters because I thought it would help diplomatic relations between the two countries.

I, of course, just remembered that we married Peri off already so... yeah let's just go with Felicia because it will explain the pickles.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Hana.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Voting for Hana.

Also, gently caress the upcoming paralogue. What is it with the Hoshidan kids having recruitment maps that all involve lovely terrain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I just looked up who Hinata's kid is and I swear I have never seen this character ever.

• Locked thread