Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Verviticus posted:

gonna take Arturi Lehkonen with pick #1 and Sven Andrighetto with #2. lehknon is probably going to consistently have more goals than assists throughout his entire career so he'll probably fit well with backstrom and i think andrighetto finally figured it out and signed a pretty good short term contract

sven is awesome, he's good at suppressing shots because he keeps the puck on his own stick and he's shown flashes of being a good scoring line winger. i was hoping he would fall further and i am sure he's gonna make your fake team very happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
they love him already. there was a parade in fake vancouver

are we doing a trade period after this or during this in order to fix terrible people that couldnt manage their cap

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Verviticus posted:

gonna take Artturi Lehkonen with pick #1 and Sven Andrighetto with #2. lehkonen is probably going to consistently have more goals than assists throughout his entire career so he'll probably fit well with backstrom and i think andrighetto finally figured it out and signed a pretty good short term contract

Ghetto is really good and getting him was the best thing Colorado did all season.

I'm less sold on Lehkonen, but he's real young.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Verviticus posted:

are we doing a trade period after this or during this in order to fix terrible people that couldnt manage their cap

i think this would be a fun addition, especially if we keep cruising along and finish this up with some time to spare before the season. might be down to how many people we have left standing at the end though

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i'm excited for him to get 44 goals and 50 points or something silly

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
stop destroying my list pls

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Verviticus posted:

This would rule but to my knowledge we never have and at this point I think it might be too late to decide upon that because I'm sure that would've really changed people's draft strategies

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Verviticus posted:

If we could trade I would've just kept drafting defenseman. Adam Larsson for Taylor Hall, anybody? :getin:

Anyways, Jordan7hm has until 9:31 PM EST to pick. Technetium and ThinkTank after.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Alright. I'm hoping the forwards I want will drop.

Taking Brandon Montour. I think he would have been a full time NHLer on any other team last year, and he showed it in the playoff.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

for fucks goddamn sake I swear

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Well unless Technetium picks today we are done for now.

Up next to steal Teemu's players:
Technetium (until 11:47 AM EST)
ThinkTank
Jamwad Hilder
Vincent van Goat
Good Soldier Svejk

Still have picks:
Iodized QQ (1)
Habibi (1)
Furnaceface (1)

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Hey guys give my Tyson Jost he seems good?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Technetium posted:

Hey guys give my Tyson Jost he seems good?

He is. He's good.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Jordan7hm posted:

He is. He's good.

Finally I picked someone good.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
On my phone and it won't let me search the spreadsheet, so: has Pavel Zacha been drafted? If not, dibs.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Had to work and you guys picked quick again so whatever Im not even going to research a next pick and take Gustav Forsling because I only have Brent Burns on defense and he is more like a 4th forward so yeah.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Furnaceface posted:

Had to work and you guys picked quick again so whatever Im not even going to research a next pick and take Gustav Forsling because I only have Brent Burns on defense and he is more like a 4th forward so yeah.

Thats not a real player I dont think.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Technetium posted:

Thats not a real player I dont think.

He was Vancouver's top (only?) D prospect or something then vanished somewhere IDK.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

He was Vancouver's top (only?) D prospect or something then vanished somewhere IDK.

Yeah, he's with the Hawks now.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Kilza posted:

Up next to steal Teemu's players:
ThinkTank (until 12:00 PM EST)
Jamwad Hilder
Vincent van Goat
Good Soldier Svejk

Still have picks:
Iodized QQ (1)

Updated for the start of tomorrow.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YmS_VDvMY

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Looks like it's my turn. I pick Ryan Spooner because he has a cheap deal, he scores 40-50 points a year, and he can play center or left wing. Ok thanks.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 29, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tank is skipped as of 4 minutes ago

Kilza posted:

Jamwad Hilder (Until 2 PM ET)
Vincent van Goat
Good Soldier Svejk

Still have picks:
Iodized QQ (1)
ThinkTank (1)

e: beaten

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Phoneposting, but I think Greg Pateryn is still available, so I'll take him.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'll be in the mountains for the better part of the next couple of days. Anyone I can send my picks to?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

T-Bone posted:

I'll be in the mountains for the better part of the next couple of days. Anyone I can send my picks to?

I'll be here when you're all sleeping.

Connor Brown is a great pick and I'm surprised he lasted this long.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I hope you rot in cap hell exxon

<3

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Also I really enjoy stab's baffling collection of RD:

Ristolainen
Larsson
Seabrook
Myers

????

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I too will be gone if you don't mind me ping as,well. And yeah I was surprised brown was available too given the season he had and on a popular team no less.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I'm off work and housesitting the entire month of August so feel free to send me whatever

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

eXXon posted:

Also I really enjoy stab's baffling collection of RD:

Ristolainen
Larsson
Seabrook
Myers

????

Im no adam oates.

Dont give a gently caress what side they play on :megadeath:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Sent to Exxon/Corn. I'll be out the better part of the week but hopefully 20 will be enough to get me through 4 rounds. I'll try to check in sometime during the week when I'm in Lake Placid to get some more picks to you guys because this draft is my life.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Sent to my special master list of elite picks to Exxon.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Gimme dat Jannik Hansen

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Gimme dat Jannik Hansen

I almost put him on my list. Good pick imo. He'd be great on an actual good team.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

You guys killed my list so I'm going to fall back to something predictable and known.
Olli Maatta
http://i.imgur.com/Jcl2GmO.mp4

Olli's had a rough couple of years with shoulder injuries and cancer. I still believe that he has it in him to become a very good second pairing defensemen, maybe even more.

Landeskog - Tavares - Rantanen
Jenner - Kopitar - X

Provorov - Jones
Maatta - Hamonic

Lehner

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
you have all the pieces for the Duchene trade now

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I am going to make SAS fantasy draft history and select the first mascot ever. Come on down Hunter!

...Hold on, I've just been informed that we are not actually picking mascots. So I'll have to settle for a defenseman instead. As the newest addition to The Best Defense In Hockey™, let me select Mark Pysyk! Excellent defensive defenseman, he's easily one of the best right handed defensemen remaining, and more than worthy to play on my 3rd pairing and pick up a lot of PK minutes. Plus it helps that he is relatively young and has a really good contract too.

Also, much like the actual Oilers, this gives me a former Edmonton Oil King!!!

x - Couturier - Pominville
x - Lindholm - Puljujarvi
x - x - x
x - x - x

Hedman - Klingberg
Klefbom - Pesce
x - Pysyk

Talbot
x

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

You guys killed my list so I'm going to fall back to something predictable and known.
Olli Maatta
http://i.imgur.com/Jcl2GmO.mp4

Olli's had a rough couple of years with shoulder injuries and cancer. I still believe that he has it in him to become a very good second pairing defensemen, maybe even more.

Landeskog - Tavares - Rantanen
Jenner - Kopitar - X

Provorov - Jones
Maatta - Hamonic

Lehner

I like your team quite a bit. Gonna suck when Tavares leaves next year to sign with my team on a max deal, but for this year it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

My list has been destroyed so I'll take the highest ranked guy left on it in fellow fancycat Alex Petrovic

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Tarasenko
Pacioretty - Larkin - Miller
XXX - Barzal - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX, XXX

Chychrun - Petrovic
XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX
XXX, XXX

Mrazek
XXX

• Locked thread