Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So

What are the Chances of person actually having something that actually requires a FODMAP diet

E:
Just searched AIP protocol
First google site turns up "paleomom.com"

Yeah this persons full of poo poo.

Was recommended this by an actual gastroenterologist who teaches at a fancy medical school. Sometimes people's stomachs are really hosed up and the best thing is an extremely restrictive diet until you figure out which things your hosed-up stomach doesn't like.

The part where you think a restaurant cares, or should care, is the insane part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I know the letter/list is annoying, but the solution is easy. Had I been handed that back in my restaurant days, I would have thrown some salmon or pork on the grill, some fresh rice in the steamer, and then whatever veg can go on the side. It's essentially a long list of "please don't add any of these things to my meal." I never worked in a restaurant which couldn't satisfy that with minimal effort, though I certainly would have been bitchy about it.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I know the letter/list is annoying, but the solution is easy. Had I been handed that back in my restaurant days, I would have thrown some salmon or pork on the grill, some fresh rice in the steamer, and then whatever veg can go on the side. It's essentially a long list of "please don't add any of these things to my meal." I never worked in a restaurant which couldn't satisfy that with minimal effort, though I certainly would have been bitchy about it.

Issue here is that we operate around what ingredients are on hand. We see what we can get locally that is fresh and interesting, and then form our menu around that. We don't tend to have just bullshit laying around, we have what we need for the menu.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Issue here is that we operate around what ingredients are on hand. We see what we can get locally that is fresh and interesting, and then form our menu around that. We don't tend to have just bullshit laying around, we have what we need for the menu.

Order out?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

mng posted:

You'd like it, just put some mayo on it :v:

The american cuisine summed up in one sentence.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Mayo is popular because it's good. :colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

steinrokkan posted:

Mayo is popular because it's good. :colbert:

Mayo is loving gross "food" for literal subhumans. :colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/AJN0m0f.mp4

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

CannonFodder posted:

This recipe book has one problem that was rampant back then: incomplete ingredient lists. Included in the process section are butter, parsley, hollandaise sauce, and strawberries. The first two are ok, but gently caress you cookbook for throwing "make hollandaise sauce" at me halfway through. Cookbooks would pull that poo poo all the time.

That said, I totally would.

there's man pages and there's instruction manuals
it's the cooking equivalent of a grody ol' unix manpage that assumes you have a degree in CS and are embedded in some competent organization
so the thing you were supposed to do in that case is "take out some of the hollandaise sauce you had lying around for this eventuality"

lol at cooking in alienated atomic little kitchen things

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Oh, gently caress you man.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

curufinor posted:

it's the cooking equivalent of a grody ol' unix manpage that assumes you have a degree in CS and are embedded in some competent organization
so the thing you were supposed to do in that case is "take out some of the hollandaise sauce you had lying around for this eventuality"

##scan document
include fridge . library
include sauces . library
include runtostore. library

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

curufinor posted:

Did you guys never learn to read instructions all the way through in elementary school? Like its usual an english class quiz that says "pretend to write things until times up for an easy A." Honorable mention if it took until middle or high school, or college before someone sprung one of those on you.

Also its "quick hollandaise" in a jiffy recipe book, its probably the world's laziest custard or mayo recipe classed up as "its basically hollandaise guys."

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

CannonFodder posted:

This recipe book has one problem that was rampant back then: incomplete ingredient lists. Included in the process section are butter, parsley, hollandaise sauce, and strawberries. The first two are ok, but gently caress you cookbook for throwing "make hollandaise sauce" at me halfway through. Cookbooks would pull that poo poo all the time.

They're expecting you to make the hollandaise sauce by opening a little packet and mixing it with some milk and butter

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Those look related to witchety grubs, which have a fairly bland nutty flavour. You can (and should) cook them though.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Randaconda posted:

Mayo is loving gross "food" for literal subhumans. :colbert:

I, too, am triggered by a concoction of outlandish ingredients such as eggs and oil.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Mayo is good, but we need strict mayo rules about where it can be used.

Yes:
Sandwiches

No:
Everywhere else

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/rCDbQBg.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/OhiAZed.mp4

:3:

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 21:35 on Jul 29, 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

her smile after she says "two shots of vodka" and then just dumps all of that in is pretty great

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NecroMonster posted:

her smile after she says "two shots of vodka" and then just dumps all of that in is pretty great

To be fair that does look close to two double shots

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Aunt Sandy is an adorable functioning alcoholic :3:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't hate Aunt Sandy, after learning her terrible background. :smith:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Is Aunt Sandy still the First Lady of New York?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

E:
Tomato sauce, peanut butter, onion, garlic, golden potato, okra, loose corn, cracked black pepper, huy fong chilli paste and egg noodles.

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 00:23 on Jul 30, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Randaconda posted:

I can't hate Aunt Sandy, after learning her terrible background. :smith:

Mind going into that in more detail?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drrockso20 posted:

Mind going into that in more detail?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/addiction-in-society/201104/overcoming-abuse-sandra-lees-semi-homemade-recipe

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Anyone remember the GBS Sandra Lee appreciation thread? It was good.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MariusLecter posted:

Anyone remember the GBS Sandra Lee appreciation thread? It was good.

No, but I hope somebody has a link.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I keep forgetting to post this. The bartender at work ordered scrambled eggs for a customer, with the mods: ADD CHEESE, ADD TOMATO on it. This was the result:

:smith: I need a new job.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Siri find me "I don't give a single flying gently caress anymore"

cash crab posted:

I keep forgetting to post this. The bartender at work ordered scrambled eggs for a customer, with the mods: ADD CHEESE, ADD TOMATO on it. This was the result:

That will do

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

zedprime posted:

Did you guys never learn to read instructions all the way through in elementary school? Like its usual an english class quiz that says "pretend to write things until times up for an easy A." Honorable mention if it took until middle or high school, or college before someone sprung one of those on you.

Also its "quick hollandaise" in a jiffy recipe book, its probably the world's laziest custard or mayo recipe classed up as "its basically hollandaise guys."

what's the point of the ingredients list if it's not going to list the ingredients. case closed

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Ate 2 donairs in the last week. And a donair poutine.

None have lasted long enough for any photography, but rest assured they were pretty AFP.

Also I am dead.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

:same:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, when I was first starting to learn to cook, I did everything in a slow cooker (things meant for one, I wasn't trying to make pizza and poo poo in there). After like a year, I had developed enough skills to just cook normallly,,and now I only break it out for stews or chili.

Though one I time I tried to make steak in there (for the 2012 election). Lets just say I ended up drinking half a handle of vodka on an empty stomach that night

Slow cookers are still the bomb if you want two or three dinners at once. My fiancee comes from a farming family that sells stuff at farmers markets, so we can get free meat and produce when we show up. We like to grab a big boneless hunk of meat in the morning and throw it in the slow cooker for 7 or 8 hours with vegetables and jalapeno peppers.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
This is even better with sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaXYaiyqGd0

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aesop Poprock posted:

To be fair that does look close to two double shots

That would still be twice the amount she said though.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tiggum posted:

That would still be twice the amount she said though.

And why would she care?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/v1XROjK.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/7CC20BF.mp4

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 09:20 on Jul 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

:stonk: I'm not sure which of those two images is more horrific.