Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Best of the Worst page on the RLM wiki hasn't been updated since 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Void sucks poo poo.

I was rooting for it so hard because of the premise and effects, but it just plain blows goats.

yup i finished it and it made no sense. i think i gave up any hope at the zombie room. i want the movie the trailer promised me dammit.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 29, 2017

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I tried venturing out a bit in the search for another decent movie reviewers/whatever and holy gently caress do the overwhelming majority of those people suck rear end compare to RLM

What a waste of time that was.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yaws posted:

I tried venturing out a bit in the search for another decent movie reviewers/whatever and holy gently caress do the overwhelming majority of those people suck rear end compare to RLM

What a waste of time that was.

If you want a dude who admits that he loves RLM and is trying his best to live up to their standard, ralphthemoviemaker is pretty good to me.

Here's one of his best vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qectRXY6vGE

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The coolest thing about The Void are those alien landscape visions the lead keeps having. I wish the movie had been better.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ralph and yourmoviesucksdotorg are pretty good. ihateverything is also good. it just sucks for the latter two that they have such bad names.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The coolest thing about The Void are those alien landscape visions the lead keeps having. I wish the movie had been better.

yeah i think if they had focused on the horror from beyond instead of zombies and poo poo (also why was the daughter so huge and all) it would've been better. that's what i thought the movie was gonna be.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Youtube is a complete wasteland for movie reviews, but I like Double Toasted, Mark Kermode, and Jenny Nicholson.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

jenny wrecking creepypastas was great especially because you don't see that too often. it always bothered me how candle cove kinda ruined it own idea by making the show super ridiculous.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

WampaLord posted:

If you want a dude who admits that he loves RLM and is trying his best to live up to their standard, ralphthemoviemaker is pretty good to me.

Here's one of his best vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qectRXY6vGE

Eh, he's ok.

RLM owns because they have an actual studio (not just them filming in their living room) top notch editing and funny hosts(or whatever you call them)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i like ralph making GBS threads on those "reality" shows (he does it for bigfoot and ghost hunters too) because you don't see people doing it too often.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

yourmoviesucksdotorg are pretty good

That poo poo is some nitpicky unfunny BS.

(unless I'm mixing up that person with cinemasins)

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Youtube is a complete wasteland for movie reviews, but I like Double Toasted, Mark Kermode, and Jenny Nicholson.

Also Collider

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yaws posted:

That poo poo is some nitpicky unfunny BS.

(unless I'm mixing up that person with cinemasins)

he does sometimes get a bit too nitpicky but never to the cinemasins level where they're inventing poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Jenny sold out to Screen Junkies. It's hack frauds all the way down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7KaKINEhTg

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah I don't watch her show on Screen Junkies, but her own channel is still good.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Atomic Blonde was good not great, and definitely worth catching in the theater. I like the part where Charlize Theron was insanely attractive

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I haven't seen one trailer for The Void. Is there no release outside of the US??

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

poisonpill posted:

I like the part where Charlize Theron was insanely attractive

You mean the part where she jumped off the balcony and swung hard into that door? Cause yeah, that was hot.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The plot felt very familiar and unsurprising but the tremendous amount of Charlize in neon, pleather and boom boxes made up for it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

i like ralph making GBS threads on those "reality" shows (he does it for bigfoot and ghost hunters too) because you don't see people doing it too often.

Yea, those are all terrific. His Lifetime movies one is awesome too if you haven't seen it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
CHARLES STILES MYSTERY DINERS

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Charlize Theron is 41 years old

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Naomi Watts is 48

Kate Beckinsale is 44

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
People sure do get older due to the implacable passage of time, huh.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Makes you think....

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

khwarezm posted:

People sure do get older due to the implacable passage of time, huh.

i believe the point is they look far younger than their chronological age would suggest.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i believe the point is they look far younger than their chronological age would suggest.

When you turn forty you don't instantly transform into a scarecrow.

Emma Thompson is a better example of someone who looks absurdly good for her age.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Charlize Theron is 41 years old

It owns that she's getting stuff like this and Fury Road at her age.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

khwarezm posted:

When you turn forty you don't instantly transform into a scarecrow.

Some people do when they turn 30 though, yeesh.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah

Charlize is probably the coolest female actress in hollywood

why haven't they given her a token superhero character yet?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

PostNouveau posted:

RLM should pay some dame to be in their videos, imo.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Zzulu posted:

Yeah

not that many comic book superheroines that aren't embarrassing even for comic books.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just make up a new one

Call her "Charlize Theron" and just have her appear in the next Avengers film shooting energy out of her hands like Goku

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hemingway To Go! posted:

not that many comic book superheroines that aren't embarrassing even for comic books.

Give her one of the dude ones. Isn't Thor a woman in the comics? I'm tired of that Hemsworth anyway.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
The best of the corporate mainstream movie reviewers is Wisecrack and their hidden meaning videos. They're pretty funny.

However I can't recommend Lindsay Ellis enough if you want more nuanced critiques of film, especially Disney movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ARX0-AylFI&t=1s

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPh_I8zDipg&t=157s

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Zzulu posted:

She did Aeon Flux and it was terrible

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Archaic posted:

The best of the corporate mainstream movie reviewers is Wisecrack and their hidden meaning videos. They're pretty funny.

However I can't recommend Lindsay Ellis enough if you want more nuanced critiques of film, especially Disney movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ARX0-AylFI&t=1s

I do not want this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Andro Dunos posted:

She did Aeon Flux and it was terrible

She was in the Will Smith hero thing too

• Locked thread