Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

feeling disdain for someone who uses a different input device to play On-Line Video Games is probably more an indicator of mental illness than a stance you should ardently defend, imo

Shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

lmao

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean, personally, it is only thanks to my six-monitor display and the incredible precision afforded to me by my Razer gaming peripherals that i am able to repeatedly hotdrop school and be killed by shotgunners before i can find guns, i just don't really think using a controller is going to be the biggest factor in some random dude dying, as opposed to like, forgetting to check a bush for an enemy

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Less bitching more talk about sick-rear end plays. I'll go first:

Solo. Killing the 3rd to last dude by ramming his UAZ safely parked at the edge of the next circle with him in prime position behind it, taking potshots at me driving, into said dude with my own UAZ, then looting his good stuff due to only having had an unmodded UZI all match to pop the 2nd to last one alive, getting the dinner. 3rd to last dude was all over the kill feed leading up to all that as well, he was jacked, feels good man.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
two dudes were lining up on me down an alleyway in solos. thankfully i was wiggling my character from side to side, a technique no pubg player seems to be able to counter, and headshot them both with an akm.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Shooting in third person is typically a mistake. It's not a third person shooter.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean, personally, it is only thanks to my six-monitor display and the incredible precision afforded to me by my Razer gaming peripherals that i am able to repeatedly hotdrop school and be killed by shotgunners before i can find guns, i just don't really think using a controller is going to be the biggest factor in some random dude dying, as opposed to like, forgetting to check a bush for an enemy

There's a difference between being frugal and a whiny afraid of change baby.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Shooting in third person is typically a mistake. It's not a third person shooter.

I don't know about anyone else here but I am loving stoked to try out the first person servers when they arrive. My guess is it will make the game more campy rather than less, but I'm kind of looking forward to surprising and killing the gently caress out of tunnel vision snipers.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
this is a bizarre amount of feeling for some person we're not even interacting with using a mildly suboptimal choice of input, esp considering like 75 percent of deaths in pubg are literally caused by 'i was shot by a person i was not aware of' and would just as likely happen if someone was using a rock band drumset instead of a kb+m

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

First person servers are gonna own. I'll still probably die just as much as I do now or maybe even more, but at least i'll be able to do things like run up to rocks without people I can't see being able to see me, and popping up and instakilling. I love this game but third-person peeking is lame and not fun.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It's a shame because seeing my character move around is fun

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I mean, if a guy wants to play the game using a guitar hero controller, good on him, but I'd probably not want him on my team.

jvilmi
May 29, 2004

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

feeling disdain for someone who uses a different input device to play On-Line Video Games is probably more an indicator of mental illness than a stance you should ardently defend, imo

Ohhh :)

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!
Since the last patch, my game seems to look blurrier/uglier/less sharp, but my settings are unchanged. I have played with the settings a bit, but I am too dumb to ascertain what the problem is. Does anyone have a guess as to why my post-update game world suddenly looks like someone smeared Vaseline all over it?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
You hosed with the render scale setting, whatever it's called. Set it to 100.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

two dudes were lining up on me down an alleyway in solos. thankfully i was wiggling my character from side to side, a technique no pubg player seems to be able to counter, and headshot them both with an akm.

I learned this technique from playing planetside 2 and apparently I do it without thinking now.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I dropped in the middle of nowhere looking for a car, but there is no car. I run to some houses, and somebody runs up on me out of one of the houses with a machete, so I just let them take 3 swipes at me so I can start over, but they stop after the 3rd, and crouch (as if to bow) and let me go. So, I run into another house, where a 3rd person comes in stocked up with gear and a shotgun, so I punch them in the head a couple times, and then they shotgun me point blank. Just as I die, I see the person with the machete come in from the other side of the house and cut them down with the machete. Enjoy his stuff, kind machete dude.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Hockles posted:

I dropped in the middle of nowhere looking for a car, but there is no car. I run to some houses, and somebody runs up on me out of one of the houses with a machete, so I just let them take 3 swipes at me so I can start over, but they stop after the 3rd, and crouch (as if to bow) and let me go. So, I run into another house, where a 3rd person comes in stocked up with gear and a shotgun, so I punch them in the head a couple times, and then they shotgun me point blank. Just as I die, I see the person with the machete come in from the other side of the house and cut them down with the machete. Enjoy his stuff, kind machete dude.

This owns, this game owns.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Dinnered again. Had to run all the way from hospital to south island, no vehicles at all, and still got five souls along the way. Hairiest part was getting down the beachhead by the bridges to swim, had to down two fools in open sand to make it out.

Hockles posted:

hell yeah

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Alain Perdrix posted:

Since the last patch, my game seems to look blurrier/uglier/less sharp, but my settings are unchanged. I have played with the settings a bit, but I am too dumb to ascertain what the problem is. Does anyone have a guess as to why my post-update game world suddenly looks like someone smeared Vaseline all over it?

nvidia's geforce experience updated to include pubg and while it's great getting 140 fps the vaseline effect makes it hard to aim

N256
Dec 30, 2009

K8.0 posted:

You hosed with the render scale setting, whatever it's called. Set it to 100.

Dragging it to 100 in the game won't set it to 100. It'll be like 100.03 and still look like poo poo and gives you a small framerate hit. You need to type it in in the config files.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Efexeye posted:

nvidia's geforce experience updated to include pubg and while it's great getting 140 fps the vaseline effect makes it hard to aim

I'm sure it's been said before, and I initially hesitated to try it, but ReShade is pretty nice and doesn't seem to add hardware load.

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

N256 posted:

Dragging it to 100 in the game won't set it to 100. It'll be like 100.03 and still look like poo poo and gives you a small framerate hit. You need to type it in in the config files.

Seems to have worked for me, thanks!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

I'm pretty sure the code that determines vehicle collision is basically an advanced version of rock, paper, scissors.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

N256 posted:

Where are these?

Also while I'm playing, sometimes when I open my inventory I get a 2-5 second freeze and goddamn does that suck when I've dropped on the same house as some other guy. Is there a fix for this?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Google Butt posted:

if you're new, do nothing but drop school until you are consistently the last one standing

Done this for 450+ games and still poop at it.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Evilreaver posted:

Where are these?

Also while I'm playing, sometimes when I open my inventory I get a 2-5 second freeze and goddamn does that suck when I've dropped on the same house as some other guy. Is there a fix for this?

AppData/Local/TslGame/Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor/GameUserSettings.txt -> ScreenScale=100.0

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Would that help if my cursor is clicking with an offset an inch to the left, or would I be looking for something else?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Taffer posted:

AppData/Local/TslGame/Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor/GameUserSettings.txt -> ScreenScale=100.0

Neat! Are there any nonstandard settings people are recommending? Usually with games that have config files like this some grognard has torn them apart for 5% more frames

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I've had so, so many incredible runs where I was fully decked out, ready to go, great positioning. But my first chicken dinner just came at 2 in the morning, with my sound turned down to play Lil Yachty for half the game, and operating with a pistol and no armor

I don't get this game sometimes

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Low Desert Punk posted:

I've had so, so many incredible runs where I was fully decked out, ready to go, great positioning. But my first chicken dinner just came at 2 in the morning, with my sound turned down to play Lil Yachty for half the game, and operating with a pistol and no armor

It's like that scene where Yoda is teaching Luke how to use the force. You just gotta stop trying so hard and just do it man.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Zomborgon posted:

Would that help if my cursor is clicking with an offset an inch to the left, or would I be looking for something else?

Try fullscreen and not windowed fullscreen?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Low Desert Punk posted:

You can do all the good stuff and find the best gear and sometimes you just get that one dude who spots you from behind and tags you before you can react

and vice versa though

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Efexeye posted:

Mine doesn't recognize PUBG. How do I get it to work?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Pattonesque posted:

You can do all the good stuff and find the best gear and sometimes you just get that one dude who spots you from behind and tags you before you can react

and vice versa though

It's a pretty fair game, in that respect. Even the best players can get totally destroyed by some dumb pubbie hiding behind a rock with a S686. That's what I really love about it.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

People like you are everything that is wrong with humanity.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I find this to be usually true but with any shotgun other than the double barrel third person shooting is dope. Especially since it's fairly easy to corner peek in third person.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Zomborgon posted:

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Try fullscreen and not windowed fullscreen?

It happens if your taskbar is anywhere other than the bottom of the screen. Fullscreen won't fix it because that's where it happens to begin with, and windowed fullscreen will have the taskbar on top of the game and also it'll be possible to click out of the game if you touch the taskbar. I keep mine at the top of the screen so all my UI poo poo is misaligned vertically.

The fix is for the devs to code their poo poo better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

It happens if your taskbar is anywhere other than the bottom of the screen. Fullscreen won't fix it because that's where it happens to begin with, and windowed fullscreen will have the taskbar on top of the game and also it'll be possible to click out of the game if you touch the taskbar. I keep mine at the top of the screen so all my UI poo poo is misaligned vertically.

The fix is for the devs to code their poo poo better.

I mean, mine looks like this (taskbar is on second monitor) and I don't have issues

• Locked thread