Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Nuebot posted:

:negative: my entire friends list switched over to Agrias now. Which is nice I guess, more bonus for the bonus god and all. Except the only ones not using excalibur are ones with like 100 attack. My Olive stops just slightly shy of one shotting the whole last wave and the boss loves using grand cross to blind her.

Ifrit's claw has blind immunity on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Khisanth Magus posted:

A pair of ultimas will still really gently caress you up.

Yeah, ultima actually hits harder than anything else in the boss fight I think. I can fix blind. I can't really fix getting ultima'd without a healer.

hamsystem posted:

Ifrit's claw has blind immunity on it.

Oh snap. Time to swap a bracer for orlandeu's ifrit claw.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Do I want either/both of the King Mog weapons, or are they skippable?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Reminder, the manufactured nethicte thing from a previous event can be cast to absorb one of the demons spell. I slapped it in a random bonus unit and it helps.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Do I want either/both of the King Mog weapons, or are they skippable?

Always get exclusive gear

(so you can put them on expedition units)

But yeah, nothing special about these. There's better always available greatswords (Apocalypse, Crimson Saber, Blood Sword) and the dagger is the strongest non-TMR non-event dagger but except to new players a +72 ATK 30% sleep dagger isn't anything special. I'd pick them up because there's not much else to spend currency on besides extra 6* awakening mats or giant/pure crysts. Reactive Defense is probably the only thing that's worth picking up because maybe it'll be helpful in some niche strategy.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Nuebot posted:

:negative: my entire friends list switched over to Agrias now. Which is nice I guess, more bonus for the bonus god and all. Except the only ones not using excalibur are ones with like 100 attack. My Olive stops just slightly shy of one shotting the whole last wave and the boss loves using grand cross to blind her.

I have a slot open, and I can kick a few more pubbies.

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
gently caress me I killed the robot
Thanks to whoever shared their emperor

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Guy Farting posted:

Hoping it is me!

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Reminder, the manufactured nethicte thing from a previous event can be cast to absorb one of the demons spell. I slapped it in a random bonus unit and it helps.

And don't forget about using Siren for Attack Song.

2 units doing DPS, 3 units using Attack Song, Mog Song, whatever.

Then you just need to direct the friend unit and hit Repeat.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 30, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

A pair of ultimas will still really gently caress you up.

Which is why you have to be the one Dualcasting Ultima first. :getin:

Guy Farting posted:

Niiiiice! :) One day I will too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Whalehelm is complete...

Fully potted up, max limit break. He's up as my friend cause who needs another Agrias.

Wish I had some more Rasslers...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Needs more Adventurer V IMO.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Needs more Adventurer V IMO.

I did the math in my head and most of us should get that sometime early spring or late winter.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nuebot posted:

hey man i've got a 640ish attack agrias rocking fire/no element and with double demon killer and human killer atm. im too lazy to find my friend code but i've definitely posted it in the thread if you want a useful friend unit

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Cartoon Man posted:

I did the math in my head and most of us should get that sometime early spring or late winter.

Someone's not a bad enough dude to whale for five Adventurer Vs. :colbert:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Whalehelm is complete...

Fully potted up, max limit break. He's up as my friend cause who needs another Agrias.

I think the health you'd get from a second arshas instead of the celestial would trump the small increase in defense.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think the health you'd get from a second arshas instead of the celestial would trump the small increase in defense.

Yeah but I was a tard and smooshed them some time ago. I'll farm it up when I get another one.

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission

jetz0r posted:

I have a slot open, and I can kick a few more pubbies.

Sent you a request.

grinding cactuses is great although mashing them into my Anime Children ran down my money for the first time ever. sold some exploration units that got some good levels for decent cash, but that was still a surprise.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

I currently get 180-200 relics per week. Should have mine by the end of the year if that continues. I think...

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So I have a bunch of trust moogles that say wrong trust when I try to enhance somebody with them. What are they used for?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
They're used on specific characters for their specific trust masteries.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Shoenin posted:

They're used on specific characters for their specific trust masteries.

I have a ton of these and I don't remember where I got them but I am sorely tempted to just vendor them. Even if I ever get the specific character they are for I doubt I will miss the extra 5% trust boost.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

gently caress Beasts of the Dark.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

UHD posted:

I have a ton of these and I don't remember where I got them but I am sorely tempted to just vendor them. Even if I ever get the specific character they are for I doubt I will miss the extra 5% trust boost.

Take it from some one that tossed Xon, Fryevia, Reberta and Zyrus's moogles, and then ended up getting them with in a week or 2 after their banner...you will hate yourself later

I have macro'd 2.5 of the units mentioned.

Never again.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I will die with 20 of fryevia's moogles still in my unit list. They will never leave.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Tengames posted:

I will die with 20 of fryevia's moogles still in my unit list. They will never leave.

:same:

I even pulled two rainbows on her banner. 2nd Noctis and a Lightning. Still salty.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
I had 20 Fryevia moogles after that event. I thought to myself, I'll never pull her. But I kept them. And I eventually pulled her.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Cartoon Man posted:

Whalehelm is complete...

mine is similar but if have it as my friend unit i'll usually stick a ribbon on him

will be doing the same to ramza whenever he gets enhancements because i hate it when units get incapacitated, even if they both have innate 50% resist

guess it'll be more important for ramza since it'll stop his singing

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

hey man i've got a 640ish attack agrias rocking fire/no element and with double demon killer and human killer atm. im too lazy to find my friend code but i've definitely posted it in the thread if you want a useful friend unit

It's cool, but thanks. Now that she's blind proof I can just nuke the demons then shoot the boss in two turns instead of one. I'm trying to save most of my remaining slots for newer players if possible to help them through content like people and their lightnings helped me through stuff when I first started.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I currently get 180-200 relics per week. Should have mine by the end of the year if that continues. I think...

I upgraded to rank two recently. I'm kind of hoping we'll get a bonus event at some point that lets us gain like double relics.

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
How strong do I need to make my Agrias for people to find her useful?

e: 316,174,379 693 ATK w/ diabolos

Magner fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 30, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Magner posted:

How strong do I need to make my Agrias for people to find her useful?

e: 316,174,379 693 ATK w/ diabolos

Agrais in general is fairly useful because she can full break. I was just complaining earlier because everyone left Excaliburs on their units so the Ultima Demons resist their damage.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
mine isn't using excalibur

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

hagie posted:

Take it from some one that tossed Xon, Fryevia, Reberta and Zyrus's moogles, and then ended up getting them with in a week or 2 after their banner...you will hate yourself later

I have macro'd 2.5 of the units mentioned.

Never again.

You say that like I'm going all-in in this game. I'm two months in and only at the third dungeon in Dirnado :smuggo:.

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission
Suggestions for team building? Here's my 6 max units:

Leveled already:
Refia
Lasswell
Luka
Seabreeze Dark Fina
Terra
Agrias
Kelsus
Yda
Amelia
Rikku

To level:
Gaffgarion
Snow
Rasler
Xon
Firion
Marie
Zyrus
Garland
Chizuru
WoL
Mercedes
Nine
Sozhe
King
Soleil
Shine
Seven
Ilias
Moogle
Exdeath
Bartz
Vaan
Medius (currently grinding for TMR)
Kefka
Helena

I'm currently running a team with Luka, Sea D. Fina, Amelia, Kelsus, and Yda. I'm sure I could do better. Any thoughts?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Scrublord Prime posted:

Always get exclusive gear

(so you can put them on expedition units)

But yeah, nothing special about these. There's better always available greatswords (Apocalypse, Crimson Saber, Blood Sword) and the dagger is the strongest non-TMR non-event dagger but except to new players a +72 ATK 30% sleep dagger isn't anything special. I'd pick them up because there's not much else to spend currency on besides extra 6* awakening mats or giant/pure crysts. Reactive Defense is probably the only thing that's worth picking up because maybe it'll be helpful in some niche strategy.

Defender has 5% Evasion on it. Any weapon with evade is vastly important.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

I upgraded to rank two recently. I'm kind of hoping we'll get a bonus event at some point that lets us gain like double relics.

Just checked, I'm at 300/650 for Adeventurer III. Currently at 65 relics so far this week (just failed my first expedition since the rollover, so I'm doing much better than normal).

I'd be surprised if we don't get some sort of relic bonus events eventually. Whether it's a bonus success boost, more relics per completion, or even just an increased chance at great/amazing success.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Just checked, I'm at 300/650 for Adeventurer III. Currently at 65 relics so far this week (just failed my first expedition since the rollover, so I'm doing much better than normal).

I'd be surprised if we don't get some sort of relic bonus events eventually. Whether it's a bonus success boost, more relics per completion, or even just an increased chance at great/amazing success.

I'm only at 54, dang. One day I'll just spend all my things on rushing explorations and get a ton of relics real fast.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Astrochicken posted:

If you can wait a week, I'm sure I can field a Tidus that can solo it. I'm just grinding out the Freya TM now.

This is the build I'll be using.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Astrochicken posted:

There's a dude on GameFAQs who has a Ling that can solo ELT Beasts of the Dark.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

a penus posted:

Suggestions for team building? Here's my 6 max units:

To level:

Xon
Marie
WoL

I'm currently running a team with Luka, Sea D. Fina, Amelia, Kelsus, and Yda. I'm sure I could do better. Any thoughts?

Level those.
Xon for farming materials, and some bad code exploits.
Marie for her insane green magic options.
WoL for tanking, he's a good one. Early game, tank not needed, but once you hit any tough events or trials you'll want one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Still funneling Cactuars into Merc Ramza and deciding who's next. Is Kelsius worth raising? I'm not sure I need him but he may or may not be better than raising a second Ashe.

Or I could raise an Ilias.

• Locked thread