Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Bruman - saw your monk in Highpass Hold today. Poured one out for you and buffed the imposter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Bruman - saw your monk in Highpass Hold today. Poured one out for you and buffed the imposter.

I KNOW NOT OF WHAT YOU SPEAK

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

I KNOW NOT OF WHAT YOU SPEAK

Wowwwwwwwww WOWWWWWWWWWW forwarding this post to haynar. Or maybe I need to do the same.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

some crooked poo poo itt

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

iNteg posted:

Wowwwwwwwww WOWWWWWWWWWW forwarding this post to haynar. Or maybe I need to do the same.

More like Braknar you out of touch reprobate.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

More like Braknar you out of touch reprobate.

Why do you still know these things? Shouldn’t you be peddling little blue pills to men with heart disease and high blood pressure?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

iNteg posted:

Why do you still know these things? Shouldn’t you be peddling little blue pills to men with heart disease and high blood pressure?

Even though I've managed to avoid playing for almost a year, EQ and P99 are indelibly burned into my broken brain.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Even though I've managed to avoid playing for almost a year, EQ and P99 are indelibly burned into my broken brain.

Ain't that the truth.

Remember the Uthgaard GM event around Kunark release? The one that added unlimited clicks of gnomish fireworks to raid mob loot tables?

I've had a 100 charge clicky that, after 6 years in my bank, finally passed on to Gatmanno last week.

Last patch changed it to single charge only. Those sweet, sweet nerfs still find a way to rustle me even after giving up raiding.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
Got petitioned today for swarm kiting for "zone disruption". Achievement unlocked!

Eptar
Jan 14, 2003
Oh no, not again.

FungiCap posted:

Got petitioned today for swarm kiting for "zone disruption". Achievement unlocked!

It's really the dev teams fault for nerfing bard kiting and making it take longer. Ban all devs.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

FungiCap posted:

Come play on Red. Nobody petitions.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

wazu posted:

Come play on Red. Nobody petitions plays.

ftfy

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

wazu posted:

Come play on Red. Nobody petitions.

People petitioning bards in CoM training the entire upper level around the main floor isn't a thing anymore?

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

People petitioning bards in CoM training the entire upper level around the main floor isn't a thing anymore?

I'll be honest, I don't know. I'm more of a Mistmoore guy.

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
Last night in KC, something magnificent happened to me. I join a LCY group just as some pro-tier weeblords were doing something involving half the mobs in the zone, in the center path under the castle by the zl. I make a run for the camp and end up uh, aggroing a bunch of this stuff. A massive train happens and the LCY group flees to the zl. Woops. Our group zones back in and i'm anxious about losing the camp, and feeling a little guilty about displacing the group, so I head into LCY to start pulling. I ask the group to meet me there as soon as they can. I exit LCY via door, exit by the well. As i Cosmo-Kramer through the second door, i'm met with a skeleton warlord staring me in the face, a tranquil staff in hand. There are 3 or 4 other skeletons around him..but i did not hesitate to kick this skeleton in his legs and start running back to the camp. I start demanding my group stop whatever they are doing and aggress the warlord. Group kills the adds and the warlord, and the ranger secures the drop. Group rolls 8, 26, 45, 47, and finally 85. I get a little bummed. This was my first time seeing the warlord spawn (with a tstaff), and i have already seen the stick inches from my grasp. I roll 100, and throw a 95. I literally got out of my chair and ran around my cheeto encrusted apartment with pure nerd joy. Single best item i'v acquired so far in my EQ career, with one of my best rolls. Feels good man. Now to get from 52 to 55 and attempt to sit in a King camp and loot a fungi. Good times.

edit: later that night i was deleting norent throwing hammers (for no reason) and i deleted my ot hammer. So uh, wtb ot hammer mq thanks~

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Seeing mobs with their rare drops in hand is one of the many awesome things about EQ. Congrats man!

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Daaz posted:

Awwww yeah!!

edit: poo poo
Grats man, that feels!

You can open a petition on the message board and tell them when you deleted it.

They will check the server logs and most likely restore it in a batch job at some point.

I have derped seb/hs keys and jboots before, they will restore if you can wait a while. I ended up with double seb/hs keys somehow on my enc after it was all done.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Herv posted:

Grats man, that feels!

They will check the server logs and most likely restore it in a batch job at some point.

I have derped seb/hs keys and jboots before, they will restore if you can wait a while. I ended up with double seb/hs keys somehow on my enc after it was all done.

It can take months though. Double OT hammers would be nice however! I remember Sirken restored a peggy cloak on my monk who had jacked someone's cloak in the meantime. Ended up with two peggy cloaks that didn't interact like lore items do usually.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Someone's been quite busy...

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
Sweet loot all around!

Also grats on that tstaff, I think I saw that in Dawn Believers gchat?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Herv posted:

Grats man, that feels!

FayGate posted:

It can take months though. Double OT hammers would be nice however! I remember Sirken restored a peggy cloak on my monk who had jacked someone's cloak in the meantime. Ended up with two peggy cloaks that didn't interact like lore items do usually.
Yeah deleted item restoration is one of the easiest things for guides to check, but the queue can get pretty long, especially since Sirken has to actually log in and do a bunch of GM commands in game after a guide does the DB access work to find and confirm the missing item. Post on the P99 forums in the petition section about it if you're cool with waiting - has to be handled there rather than via in game petition.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 20, 2017

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

It took two months to restore my lost Lord Bergurgle Crown, so don't bother for something like an OT hammer basically

Hot loots for goons all around though!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Do you think anyone on P99 has that fishing pole weapon you get from the Kerra Island quest where you track down a named razor fish?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Daaz posted:

As i Cosmo-Kramer through the second door
Laughed my rear end off at this.

Let me you guess, you held the move forward button down, heading for the door, while furiously spamming left mouse click to open the door, making you do that "pop" through as the door opens? :lol:

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
What was the deal with an empty server list again? Google gives me nothing but things I already tried. Played a week or so ago just fine, after the patch of the 14th. Also do not recall having an empty server list before, but I know it can happen.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Meatgrinder posted:

What was the deal with an empty server list again? Google gives me nothing but things I already tried. Played a week or so ago just fine, after the patch of the 14th. Also do not recall having an empty server list before, but I know it can happen.

Last time that happened to me it was because my antivirus started blocking the port it uses. I forget which one.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Arven posted:

Last time that happened to me it was because my antivirus started blocking the port it uses. I forget which one.

Yeah I checked that. Turns out it was my ISP; they had put me on 1 MB/s. Pay your bills, guys.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I'm sort of back on Red. I rolled a necro, my warrior is stuck in CoM at 51 with no food or friends. Anyone still play on the best server?

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

lemonslol posted:

I'm sort of back on Red. I rolled a necro, my warrior is stuck in CoM at 51 with no food or friends. Anyone still play on the best server?

I'm on red and would like someone to group with. I've got a 13 troll shaman. Wazu it's also playing on red and can chime in on his toons.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Daaz posted:

Last night in KC, something magnificent happened to me. I join a LCY group just as some pro-tier weeblords were doing something involving half the mobs in the zone, in the center path under the castle by the zl. I make a run for the camp and end up uh, aggroing a bunch of this stuff. A massive train happens and the LCY group flees to the zl. Woops. Our group zones back in and i'm anxious about losing the camp, and feeling a little guilty about displacing the group, so I head into LCY to start pulling. I ask the group to meet me there as soon as they can. I exit LCY via door, exit by the well. As i Cosmo-Kramer through the second door, i'm met with a skeleton warlord staring me in the face, a tranquil staff in hand. There are 3 or 4 other skeletons around him..but i did not hesitate to kick this skeleton in his legs and start running back to the camp. I start demanding my group stop whatever they are doing and aggress the warlord. Group kills the adds and the warlord, and the ranger secures the drop. Group rolls 8, 26, 45, 47, and finally 85. I get a little bummed. This was my first time seeing the warlord spawn (with a tstaff), and i have already seen the stick inches from my grasp. I roll 100, and throw a 95. I literally got out of my chair and ran around my cheeto encrusted apartment with pure nerd joy. Single best item i'v acquired so far in my EQ career, with one of my best rolls. Feels good man. Now to get from 52 to 55 and attempt to sit in a King camp and loot a fungi. Good times.

edit: later that night i was deleting norent throwing hammers (for no reason) and i deleted my ot hammer. So uh, wtb ot hammer mq thanks~

I'm a bit late, but this is a great story.

Mine is the opposite, on live I went to my first dragon raid pre-Kunark (it was pickup, so everyone could roll on anything) and a cloak of flames dropped.

I hit a 995/1000 towards the end of the rolls...and then someone popped a 997 as like the 3rd last one.

Blind. Nerd. Rage.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'm a bit late, but this is a great story.

Mine is the opposite, on live I went to my first dragon raid pre-Kunark (it was pickup, so everyone could roll on anything) and a cloak of flames dropped.

I hit a 995/1000 towards the end of the rolls...and then someone popped a 997 as like the 3rd last one.

Blind. Nerd. Rage.

OMG I would have destroyed my computer if that had happened to me as a young teenager playing EQ live...

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

A Strange Aeon posted:

OMG I would have destroyed my computer if that had happened to me as a young teenager playing EQ live...

Seriously if it had happened to me I don't know what my life would be like today. It might be drastically different and I'm not joking because this loving game

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Holy poo poo.

The guy camping the courier in Ill Omen watched me die despite me repeatedly asking for help. That annoyed me. I got it in my head that I was going to spite camp the courier at the pillars to somehow stick it to him.

Third courier I kill drops the ring.

I'm a 25 mage. What gear should I get? I'm still mostly newbie gear aside from chest, helm and hands.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Sankis posted:

Holy poo poo.

The guy camping the courier in Ill Omen watched me die despite me repeatedly asking for help. That annoyed me. I got it in my head that I was going to spite camp the courier at the pillars to somehow stick it to him.

I'm a 25 mage. What gear should I get? I'm still mostly newbie gear aside from chest, helm and hands.

Sell the ring, bank the plat.

Have you gotten the focus items yet? Amazing thing about mage is you can basically play naked if you wanted to.

1.5k Sorcerous Bowl
1k Efreeti boots
500-600pp +55 hp rings

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Sankis posted:

Holy poo poo.

Hahah, karma's a bitch. Yeah definitely get the focus items if you haven't already. I also recommend a Choker of Majdd for perma see-invis (handy w/ air pet). and jboots because, well, jboots.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl

Sankis posted:

Holy poo poo.

Honestly I can't really blame the guy. The courier camp is a total pain in the rear end if you're doing it efficiently (i.e. going after both placeholders near the pillars). Finding the right placeholders can take quite a while, and then you gotta pay full attention once you have the placeholder cycles set up properly. If he had stopped to help you then he might have lost control of one of the placeholders, and who knows how long it would have taken to set it up again.

Grats on the ring though, you definitely made the right choice there! I spent many hours camping this dumb thing myself, and never got anything...until one day I took the camp over directly from a monk, and got two rings within 15 minutes after he left. Amazingly they're not even lore. They went a looonngggg way towards letting me afford a fungi tunic.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Sankis posted:

Holy poo poo.

Definitely jboots. Stat gear barely does anything for you as a mage, and jboots can save your rear end if you get into trouble which is something that mages otherwise lack. For example: that exact situation you just described that got you killed.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

How exactly does an MQ work, anyway?

Is it literally just that one person "sells" their no drop items for the quest by turning in 3/4 (or whatever) of the quest and then you quickly turn in the last 1/4 for the finish?

Edit: I was also under the impression that the Jboots MQ is ~8k or more? Was I wrong? I "only" got 7k from the ring.

Edit: I have the torch already and 3/4 of the Stein for focus items.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 30, 2017

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Sankis posted:

What gear should I get? I'm still mostly newbie gear aside from chest, helm and hands.

Jboots and then whatever mage focus items you can complete with the left over cash. Movement speed and pet buffs will help you more than any minor stat upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Sankis posted:

How exactly does an MQ work, anyway?

Is it literally just that one person "sells" their no drop items for the quest by turning in 3/4 (or whatever) of the quest and then you quickly turn in the last 1/4 for the finish?

Edit: I was also under the impression that the Jboots MQ is ~8k or more? Was I wrong? I "only" got 7k from the ring.

Edit: I have the torch already and 3/4 of the Stein for focus items.

It works exactly like that, yeah.

Jboots go for 6-7k. Some sellers will ask you to provide the 3250 gold for the quest. Overall, roughly the same price as a gazughi ring.