Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Neurosis posted:

I thought it was dumb he made himself look like Superman again instead of being cyborg Henshaw or maybe getting Kryptonian powers. I mean I get he has a fixation on Superman and all but his deepest wish is to go back exactly to what he was before which has never worked out too well? Really?

Yeah for most of his existence Henshaw's goals were some combination of becoming human again and being granted the sweet release of death. The New 52 already had a Cyborg Superman that looked like Kal too, his uncle Zor-El!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Supes and Lois definitely don't have all their pre-flashpoint memories anymore. That's part of the point of Reborn, whatever stuff from Pre-flashpoint they don't want or aren't ready to bring back got scrubbed from their minds with the merger and universal realignment to their stupid rear end situation.

I guess you're right. Ugh, this nonsense needs a Crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Nuns with Guns posted:

Cass got adopted before the nu52, right in the lead up to Bruce dying. I don't remember it being brought up again after that.

No Bruce said he was going to adopt her...just as soon as he dealt with the Black Glove.

And we all saw how that one worked out.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I just finished Detective. It's growing on me again. I really did not like the last story-arc, but this one is great. I always love seeing Zatanna and exploring her early relationship/crush with Bruce. I'm excited for Azbats!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

During the last two pages where he said he uploaded a personally into the new suit and gave two guesses as to who, I'm not sure I got the reference. Most likely explanation, Tim Drake? But I can't recall if Batwing even met him.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Who does that suit of armor look like?

EDIT: He's replacing the St.Dumas programming with Batman programming.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 28, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yeah I was thinking the personality is The Bat-Man's

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Batman? That's an urban myth.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Batman? That's an urban myth.

Bat of Gotham?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bobkatt013 posted:

Bat of Gotham?

You talking about Man-bat? Now he's real.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Man... bat? I thought he was a gorilla!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You're thinking of Mogo. The Bat-ape, not the planet.

Hmm, Bruce Wayne's ape and one of the green lanterns share the same name. I wonder if I could use this in a film if Bruce Wayne were ever versus the Guardians of the universe.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Space Fish posted:

Man... bat? I thought he was a gorilla!

I know that monkey. His name is Donkey.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I hope Azrael just uses the Azbat suit from now on, even after this arc is over, instead of his regular red one. He'll never be my favorite character or anything but he can still look the best.

Though it'll make me a bit sad that everyone on the team could have spiffy pointy bat-ears but Cassandra will still be stuck with that terrible ear-less costume. Just put ears on it, fools

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BrianWilly posted:

I hope Azrael just uses the Azbat suit from now on, even after this arc is over, instead of his regular red one. He'll never be my favorite character or anything but he can still look the best.

Though it'll make me a bit sad that everyone on the team could have spiffy pointy bat-ears but Cassandra will still be stuck with that terrible ear-less costume. Just put ears on it, fools

Wait, Cassandra doesn't have ears on her suit? That is god damned insane, pre-Flashpoint she had the best batgirl costume ever.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Um first of all read Detective Comics :argh:

Secondly yeah she's got her Iconic (tm) gimp mask but there's no actual ears on it so it just looks like a literal gimp mask right now. It's dire, but actually not as dire as the fact that her codename is still "Orphan."

If she wasn't written so well in this series I'd be way more annoyed by that than I already am!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Twist zinger or not, I'm actually enjoying the heck out of New Super-Man.

...am I the only one?
gently caress no, it owns and I hope it manages to keep dodging the cancellation bullets, runs for hundreds of issues, and creates a Justice League of China spin-off book.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There definitely needs to be more Batman meeting the Bat-man of China. Aks a nonzero amount.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Our nightmare is over!
https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/status/890692427534696448

Or just beginning...
https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/status/829102451236155392

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Just read Mister Miracle #1, and it is very good. Highly recommend to anyone that is interested in the Fourth World.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Are they cancelling Justice League or is he not on it anymore?

And gently caress DC and him for trying to gently caress up the JSA.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's no way they're cancelling JL.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That's a Monkey's Paw result if I ever saw one

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Was Hitch's JL run so bad? Most I have heard was that it was just mediocre but not extremely terrible.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Madkal posted:

Was Hitch's JL run so bad? Most I have heard was that it was just mediocre but not extremely terrible.

Yeah it's pretty loving bad.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Madkal posted:

It is absolutely a comic book that exists.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I read his whole JLA run before Rebirth and didn't mind it, but I couldn't make it past the first Rebirth arc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's currently both a JLA and a Justice League.

JLA is by Steve Orlando, though I hear it's also not very good?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you count JLUnited taking over from JLA 2K13, they've had the two since before Trinity War.

I'd be cool to keep the dual League comics around as long as their next "superstar" writer for JL is exciting in any way.

edit: I'm sure Jeff Lemire is gonna get a team book soon, but he still might not be a big enough name for straight JL.

ee: For some reason I forgot about The Terrifics.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 30, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jeff Lemire doesn't do teams well.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

There's currently both a JLA and a Justice League.

JLA is by Steve Orlando, though I hear it's also not very good?

It's mediocre, but it's better than JL.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

Jeff Lemire doesn't do teams well.

Jeff Lemire should only write characters with a bow and arrow.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Madkal posted:

Absolute garbage. Terrible, halfbaked time travel plots and every character is the same character with the same voice. The dialogue is this stilted, fanfiction level mess.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
JLA is good you god damned troglodytes.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Yeah, JLA is surprisingly good, actually. It's no masterpiece, but it's a lot more fun than it has any real right to be.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I really liked Justice League vs. Suicide Squad (it got major points from me from not only not avoiding the "this isn't remotely a fair fight, the Justice League wins in a walk" issue but actually making that the driving engine of the plot), but JLA's first issue did nothing for me so I didn't pick it up after that.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

JLA has been pretty clumsy and unremarkable and seems determined to throw as many obscure 90s characters on the page as it can to somehow force you to believe they're important and interesting, but even at its worst it still contains rudimentary necessities of a comic book like "plots" and "characterizations" and that kind of silly stuff. Someone reading the series could come away with fairly clear impressions of the ongoings, like, "Okay, Ray's been butting heads with Batman right now over his attitude, while Vixen has been more understanding of Batman even as she keeps him in check, just like he wanted. Meanwhile Atom and Killer Frost are developing a bit of a chaste romance while they work on each other's problems."

Justice League, on the other hand, is virtually devoid of anything that resembles the likes of storylines or personalities for its characters. The most I could tell you about it is that there was some sort of time travel story and Barry and Jessica Cruz are sort of dating, I think?

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.
Oh, man forgot that SA has more then D&D, been looking for a space like this.

1. So did Hank Henshaw escape from Boodikka brain?(Not that it matters terribly if they nixed that storyline).

2. So the first New Gods comic I actually bought was ironically "death of the new gods", were there any story lines that followed up the ending.

3. What was the latest GL story with Saintwalker...I really miss my Brodee.

Other then that I picked up an Batman Earth 1 Trade at a kiosk was even translated to Norwegian which meant we had actual swear words(which was sorta weird).

Its probably been answered but which Earth number is that one that matters, I thought it was a great re imagination but Since Cobblepot got wasted its either gonna be a very short revamp or it doesn't matter.

But what is the idea behind Earth1 and Earht0 comics?

Also, Geoff Johns owns.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

54.4 crowns posted:

Oh, man forgot that SA has more then D&D, been looking for a space like this.

oh no... OH NO!

earth 1's just a world for telling alternate continuity limited-run stories, as far as i can recall. batman's probably the best of the stories told there. i liked detective-fuckup batman (wouldn't want to see that all the time but it's a funny take on it), weird jack vinsance seth bullock, crazy-person looking batman costume, and alfred being an army hardass. they've all been kind of disappointing aside from that tbh.

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jul 30, 2017

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
also the birthday boy was :staredog: and made me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
The main continuity is Earth Prime, Earth One is their prestige series where the League, the Titans and the rest are reinterpreted and rooted in the 21st century.