Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Paul Zuvella posted:

Also the Warriors Best player is 7 goddam feet tall. Just because he can dribble really good doesn't mean he's not a big man,

People are always talking about how No Way Is KD 6'11" like He's Listed, but there's also no way he weighs as much as he's listed at. He's long, but every PF in the league could easily shove him into the ocean

with the exception of the coward Carmelo Anthony who is afraid to play his natural PF position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

Spacebump posted:

Ballmer is going to force out a bunch of Inglewood residents so he can have a nice shiny building for his toy.

picture taken from /nba post on this

The weirdest part about the Ballmer arena is that the space he wants to take is over 3 million square feet, when the entirety of arena complexes across the league take up around 300k-500k square feet each. I can't even imagine what he wants the rest of that space for unless he wants to drown the arena in a sea of parking, which even the Rams arena across the street isn't doing.

If Ballmer really wants to build a surburban rear end arena in the middle of LA I would really rather he move the team to Seattle.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Just move them to Anaheim where there is already a perfectly good basketball ready arena

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

My guess is Ballmer is trying to seize tons of peoples' homes through eminent domain to build a giant glittering monument to capitalism and his ego because he wants to run for president.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 30, 2017

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

So sad, Clippers have such an inferiority complex they gotta take it out on innocent people. Tsk tsk..

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MourningView posted:

Just move them to Anaheim where there is already a perfectly good basketball ready arena

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

MourningView posted:

Did you live out here when they used to play in Anaheim? It was a lot of fun in the late 90's to see them, the arena had good crowds.

Inglewood is annoying for a new arena.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://twitter.com/DetroitPistons/status/890260175642165248/photo/1

Pistons corp patch looks like adriatic league trash
gently caress this bullshit

Condolences, we're entering a dark age

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Jerseys without ads are gonna be like printing money in a few years. Get in on those Vietnamese factory investments now

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Boredumb posted:

Did you live out here when they used to play in Anaheim? It was a lot of fun in the late 90's to see them, the arena had good crowds.

Inglewood is annoying for a new arena.

Nah, I've only been out here five years. It seems like a logical move though. It's an area that's shown it can support pro sports teams even with competiting franchises in LA, the arena is already there, and I think people would be excited to see NBA games without having to brave the traffic to get up to LA

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 30, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Zogo posted:

"Imagine taking people's property, demolishing their homes, closing businesses, throwing people out of work and shutting down a respected house of worship."

Billionaires do that everyday.

And it's wrong every time.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

MourningView posted:

Nah, I've only been out here five years. It seems like a logical move though. It's an area that's shown it can support pro sports teams even with competiting franchises in LA, the arena is already there, and I think people would be excited to see NBA games without having to brave the traffic to get up to LA

Completely agree. When Sterling was being forced to sell I was hopeful that the team might move down here. Oh well

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Big free agency news ya'll

https://twitter.com/ejhuff627/status/891106599099662337

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 30, 2017

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

milk milk lemonade posted:

He might be the best wing defender in the league, but plenty of guys have held that distinction and not been enough of a factor on the other end to be top 10. He really isn't any different

Draymond can defend perimeter, the post, and the rim. He's a great rebounder on that end too. The Warriors defense is much worse when he's not on the court. Plus he can knock down a 3, is an elite passer, and terrific in the pick & roll.

The thing with Draymond is that there is really no one in the league like him. It's much harder to replace him than almost anyone else in the league.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

DeimosRising posted:

Jerseys without ads are gonna be like printing money in a few years. Get in on those Vietnamese factory investments now

Won't the replica jerseys come without the patch?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Niwrad posted:

Draymond can defend perimeter, the post, and the rim. He's a great rebounder on that end too. The Warriors defense is much worse when he's not on the court. Plus he can knock down a 3, is an elite passer, and terrific in the pick & roll.

The thing with Draymond is that there is really no one in the league like him. It's much harder to replace him than almost anyone else in the league.

Swap him out with Paul Milsap and it makes no difference to the Warriors chances.

Toolsy good at a lot of things guys are not that rare. His perimeter defense is. He's playing next to two guys who have had some of the most insane offensive games in a long time. Put him on another team and he doesn't look as valuable.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/ejhuff627/status/891106599099662337

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Swap him out with Paul Milsap and it makes no difference to the Warriors chances.

Toolsy good at a lot of things guys are not that rare. His perimeter defense is. He's playing next to two guys who have had some of the most insane offensive games in a long time. Put him on another team and he doesn't look as valuable.

That team was 6 points worse defensively per 100 possessions last year when he was on the bench. 11 points the year before. They're a mediocre defense at best without him. Their offense also gets worse as they can't play small for long stretches.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

:laffo:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Please don't make me argue for green and stop saying dumb poo poo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

draymond is basically lebron if lebron couldnt create his own shot.

also if he was a dick punching donkey faced tantrum throwing bitch baby idiot 3-1 lmao

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
That's a pretty big insult to Lebron.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Swap out milsap with Draymond and it makes no difference to the Warriors because they've got two loving MVP players on their team and like 3 of the top 10 shooters

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Niwrad posted:

That team was 6 points worse defensively per 100 possessions last year when he was on the bench. 11 points the year before. They're a mediocre defense at best without him. Their offense also gets worse as they can't play small for long stretches.

Yep. Never said he wasn't a good defender though.

Ghost Dog posted:

draymond is basically lebron if lebron couldnt create his own shot.

also if he was a dick punching donkey faced tantrum throwing bitch baby idiot 3-1 lmao

He's basically a fat Andre Iguodola

Away all Goats posted:

Swap out milsap with Draymond and it makes no difference to the Warriors because they've got two loving MVP players on their team and like 3 of the top 10 shooters

Yes that's almost exactly what I posted

milk milk lemonade fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 30, 2017

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

draymonds just a shorter kendrick perkins with a worse looking jump shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hho51tGRG20

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
please stop underrating Green and Iguodala I don't want to type another 5000 words and look up the stats where Iguodala's one of the best finishers in the entire league over the last 10 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efuaM3xwnqQ

he deserved his FMVP

eh par for the course, why not

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Millsap is also pretty underrated but this is wrong. You can look at lineups the warriors put out there without Draymond and they are not very good.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

that dudes wrong and all but i think you might be stretching a little to call a draymondless warriors "not very good". they would still be the most talented team of all time without him

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
KD makes things different but you can look for yourself--they were a losing team with him off the floor the season before last:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/GSW/2016/on-off/
He was their best player.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Millsap is a good to great player for sure. But no one is putting him on top 15 lists.

Lineup numbers don't really detract from anything I'm saying. You put Greens fat rear end on the Hawks and no one is putting him on a top 15 list. No one gave Iggy that kind of treatment in Philly either. Good pieces. Not upper echelon team carriers.

And honestly, using some arbitrary cutoff for X number of best players is stupid anyways. Green is closer to Shane Battier than Giannis is what I'm saying.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

EvanTH posted:

KD makes things different but you can look for yourself--they were a losing team with him off the floor the season before last:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/GSW/2016/on-off/
He was their best player.

man you know that is not what that means lol

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Green is very good but to me a top 10 player is one who can at least be the main guy on a bad playoff team, and a team where Draymond Green was the star surrounded by scrubs wouldn't come close to the playoffs.

He's a really good defender and passer and a mediocre offensive player on a team where you have to be mentally handicapped to not look good on offense. He's real good and an All-Star but start listing guys and if he's higher than 10 just come on I mean seriously

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

draymond on the thibs bulls would have been amazing if only because the loving drama

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I wonder if people that for some reason call Green a top 10 player have AD and Gobert in top 5, because that's the only sane leap of logic that makes sense to me

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Green was their best player by eye-test too, if you want to say the stats don't count. He's one of the best if not the best all-around defender in the league, which is something you definitely can't say about Millsap.

Wanting him to not be a top player won't make it so. Swap Green for Millsap and those Cavs have a much harder time with the Hawks, because Green is better than him.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I will grant that Draymond is the type of player that will look better on a better team, but lots of players don't do that. That's a super valuable skill. Draymond is really important to the Warriors, more so the Klay.

Draymond Green and Zaza Pachulia were a formidable front court last year. Think about what that means for a moment.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

where did jeff teague end up cause i want him to go 0-16 vs lebron in the playoffs

oh what the hell hes on the timberwolves. this is the 2nd most cowardly offseason ive ever seen from a man

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

where did jeff teague end up cause i want him to go 0-16 vs lebron in the playoffs

oh what the hell hes on the timberwolves. this is the 2nd most cowardly offseason ive ever seen from a man

They gave him a huge contract to replace Ricky. On paper this was probably the right move but I am having trouble seeing that through my white hot anger.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Draymond is like a super glue guy. Dude wins basketball games with his defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He almost single-handily made a mediocre defense one of (if not) the best defenses in the game. No one else in the league that can do that and also be a big positive on offense.

• Locked thread