Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I'm playing Horizon right now and yeah, the dialogue is terrible, same as any game. The plot is sorta interesting, but it suffers from the same problem as all big RPGs: the game goes on for so loving long that it's like 10-15 hours of gameplay before the next good story beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Horizon is really short though

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I'm at 27% complete with 18 hours played. It'd probably be closer to 10 hours if I used fast travel, but I like to run around and kill robots.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Did anybody ever figure out what the map in the TTK collector's edition was supposed to be? The one in the Treasure Island/Cayde's journal book. Nothing really turned up with a cursory Googling.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't mind a mute protagonist one bit tbh our character had what 0 lines in TTK and that story was pretty solid.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Maybe we are the the strongest guardian because we don't waste our light on something dumb like speaking.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Ghost is the actual character the same way Cortana was the character in Halo. You're just there to shoot things.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

sunday at work posted:

Ghost is the actual character the same way Cortana was the character in Halo. You're just there to shoot things.

Yeah I mean it's really not that complicated

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:
Master Chief had some good lines in Halo 3

Cortana: how are we going to get out of here?
MC: Thought I'd try shooting my way out... mix things up a little

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Destiny's big line before defeating the last boss was "don't think I have a choice."

:geno:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Monday_ posted:

I'm at 27% complete with 18 hours played. It'd probably be closer to 10 hours if I used fast travel, but I like to run around and kill robots.

Then why would you complain that's it too long lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Did anybody ever figure out what the map in the TTK collector's edition was supposed to be? The one in the Treasure Island/Cayde's journal book. Nothing really turned up with a cursory Googling.

https://twitter.com/bungieinformer/status/643516259305418752

There was a code you could solve to get an emblem, which spawned another code puzzle:

"ARR-RRR-RRR" entered on September 19th, national talk like a pirate day, gives you three strange coins.

The writing is great. I'm sure there's tons of stuff in there, and nobody's found it all yet.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 30, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
New Pre-Order Bonus: Bungie Mails you a corncob

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

New Pre-Order Bonus: Bungie Mails you a corncob

To gently caress ourselves with surely. Too bad they don't understand bone krew is all about some rough stuff

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
It's more accurate to say that Horizon had its own je ne sais quois by virtue of completely new IP and concept that sounds utterly dumb on paper.

I think the voice acting and writing in Horizon was fine because the game actually made the conversations and character interactions meaningful.

I mean at least beyond "go back to the Moon and kill the thing"

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
wow this thread is really slow now

not like bungie is really giving us a whole lot to be excited about

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
My favorite things about the Destiny forums is that every that person saying they have no issues with lag is a 0.8kder and everyone bitching about lag is over a 1.

Good thing D2 has dedicated servers and no SBMM :v:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah. we totally won't have SBMM.
Oh god

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Trials gameplay this week: https://youtu.be/fBbjLApOxjk

Nice map for lightning nades so I'm happy.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

CheeseFactory posted:

lmao @ that guy who kept trying to stick

"i know what to do against these guys: impotently attempt to trade"

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
idk poo poo about destiny 2 and all i learned from posts in this thread is that wrecks has never been owned and there's some weird af moana clan on ps4

after the campaign, can i just pvp and not pve, or maybe pve just a little bit?

do i have to spend 15 minutes going to a gay social space every 15 minutes?

some ppl say the movement is bad but cheesefactory said it's good and he's good so what gives? i watched a video and floatiness looks the same, are people just talking about lack of titan skating and poo poo?

fbsw fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 31, 2017

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

fbsw posted:

idk poo poo about this game and all i learned from posts in this thread is that wrecks has never been owned and there's some weird af moana clan on ps4

some ppl say the movement is bad but cheesefactory said it's good and he's good so what gives? i watched a video and floatiness looks the same, are people just talking about lack of titan skating and poo poo?

yes about the weird clan, can't vouch for wrecks, maybe yes?

pvp yes unless you need a new meta-changing weapon or a good vendor roll and the pve helps you with the legendary marks, anyway, since trials and iron banner will be dead in one week you will not need light, so yes

15 minutes, unfortunately yes

movement: don't use warlocks. Actually don't use hunter as well because they are aids, but hunters move better than warlocks.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

limaCAT posted:

yes about the weird clan, can't vouch for wrecks, maybe yes?

pvp yes unless you need a new meta-changing weapon or a good vendor roll and the pve helps you with the legendary marks, anyway, since trials and iron banner will be dead in one week you will not need light, so yes

15 minutes, unfortunately yes

movement: don't use warlocks. Actually don't use hunter as well because they are aids, but hunters move better than warlocks.

sry i meant destiny 2, i've played a lot of destiny 1

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

The wife says "thanks and maybe someday you'll be as good as Rappo."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i finally got around to preordering destiny 2

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

I just need to unlazy myself to make the hour drive to GameStop to trade up to a PS4 Pro. Beta ran perfectly fine but I ain't gonna humor dropped frames or any poo poo in pvp :colbert:

D1 also looks really good on a PS4 Pro for some reason and I can't put my finger on it. Consistent frame rates?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
B.....b.....b.....bone krew?????

https://twitter.com/darkstockphotos/status/892057691203317760

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This what I do in my spare time. I need to see how my competition is doing.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Last day to get a dead and gay T-shirt.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Do gay people just call gay t-shirts, "t-shirts"? Do they just refer to Destiny as a dead game?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

el B posted:

Do gay people just call gay t-shirts, "t-shirts"? Do they just refer to Destiny as a dead game?

I'm puzzled you're asking, because I thought Bone Krew was the authority on Gay Things™

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fbsw posted:

idk poo poo about destiny 2 and all i learned from posts in this thread is that wrecks has never been owned and there's some weird af moana clan on ps4

The movement was fine after you buffed the agility through perks a little bit.

Once you do the campaign you'll probably need to run strikes and other end game quests for gear to get marks etc but if you want to just PvP you probably can.

If nothing else it'll net you loot drops and currencies/loot from vendors.

In d2 the loot system hasnt been fully explained yet but you're usually better off doing at least some pve to get levels and more poo poo to choose from to get the best builds for the harder stuff where those percentages start to matter.

I usually just do the story and keep everything putting on the highest level poo poo regardless of stats and then workout what builds I want when i get to the pointy end. That means generally you need as much poo poo as possible regardless of means of acquisition. It's why it's good to play with bros. At least if youre running a strike or patrol event you can talk poo poo while you shootmans.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Your girl when she see a Bone Krew HogTM for the first time

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
T-shirt code if anyone wants it:

T17-HYT-PPF-Y74-4AC-6RT

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

T-shirt code if anyone wants it:

T17-HYT-PPF-Y74-4AC-6RT

Post it in the PC thread, it'll be like throwing popcorn at carp.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Carp are bottom feeders and would likely ignore popcorn.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Google it and be amazed!

It's a stupid tourist thing at lake mead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

itt we have been informed that poooM is on PS4