Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ineffiable posted:

If we can extrapolate from what we have heard about French numbers:

In France, it's said that for the release day of the snes classic, there will be double the number of units that was available in France during the ENTIRE production run of the nes classic.

Online pre-orders might be a crapshoot but if you go and wait maybe a hour or more at a store of your choice you should get one opening day.

This is promising, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

The hell Amazon what about Philadelphia?

The Eagles are a trash team with trash fans

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

TheScott2K posted:

You watch your tongue

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

One of the few benefits to not being in the area for me personally is I never have to hear that loving Fly, Eagles, Fly song

I only have to listen to Houston Texans fans justify liking an absolute trash team that everyone throws parties for if they just happen to maybe have a slight chance to barely stumble into the playoffs because their standards are so low they're next to dinosaur bones lmbo

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I had a Facebook Marketplace alert set up for when NES Classics go up for sale. 3 popped up this afternoon...

Thanks scalpers!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Is there any way to add the SNES Classic page from Walmart to a notification list? It doesn't look like that's an option anymore from what I can tell.

Go to nowinstock.net

They will send you a text the moment it's available

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Go to nowinstock.net

They will send you a text the moment it's available

Done and done. Between getting my Walmart preorder canceled and getting an NES today, amping up to try to get that SNES.

Grimarest
Jan 28, 2009
I have a nice small trinitron that is used for retro gaming. Any way I could plug a snes classic to it via a hdmi to rca adapter?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Grimarest posted:

I have a nice small trinitron that is used for retro gaming. Any way I could plug a snes classic to it via a hdmi to rca adapter?

You just answered your own question

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
edit wrong thread

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Done and done. Between getting my Walmart preorder canceled and getting an NES today, amping up to try to get that SNES.

Don't forget that nowinstock does not tell you about pre-orders automatically. You have to go in and set that!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Astro7x posted:

I had a Facebook Marketplace alert set up for when NES Classics go up for sale. 3 popped up this afternoon...

Thanks scalpers!

lol, this dude's an rear end in a top hat but this also owns.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Astro7x posted:

Thanks scalpers!

I take it that picture is now the last anyone's seen of that man, and you along with everyone nearby have no clue as to where he might be or why you all suddenly managed to secure a NES Classic?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
can't decide if im happy for you guys getting your nes minis for retail price or loving angry at you all because i still can't get one.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Grimarest posted:

I got this on Prime day, it works pretty well. Even though it says it takes a 1080p input, I have to set things to 720p for it to work.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Where is all this "new" stock coming from? I don't get it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kiranamos posted:

Where is all this "new" stock coming from? I don't get it.

The stores were hoarding their stock for stunts like this.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Or there were a couple pallets that got delayed in transit at some point and are just now showing up

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

The stores were hoarding their stock for stunts like this.

Long time to hoard for year later.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kiranamos posted:

Long time to hoard for year later.

They got the last shipments after it was announced to be discontinued so I'm sure they started then.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Well Gamestop held onto them so they could promote Think Geek with the overpriced bundles. Amazon was using it to promote the Treasure Truck in new cities.

As for Toys R Us and their random shipment back on July 1st, who knows. They just quietly put them on the shelves in stores without telling anyone. Makes me think there were some late shipments

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

MazelTovCocktail posted:

The hell Amazon what about Philadelphia?

Same for Phoenix. loving Amazon.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

Yeah well the jerk store called

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

shyduck posted:

Yeah well the jerk store called

It's all out of Eagles fans.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
drat, more missed chances at an NES classic. If one of you fine folks got an extra one I'd buy it for a hundred bucks and shipping.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
An official statement from Nintendo regarding the SNES Classic:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Won't make a difference. All preorders and day one systems will be gone immeidately. 10% will be on the secondary market for 3x retail.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wait, this is going to come with two controllers, unlike the NES Classic? :toot:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It comes with no controllers as you'll fail to get a functioning preorder anywhere.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Phantasium posted:

It comes with no controllers as you'll fail to get a functioning preorder anywhere.

I've got amazon Germany in my back pocket. I'm not holding my breath that they are actually going to ship me the drat thing but you never know.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait, this is going to come with two controllers, unlike the NES Classic? :toot:

Wait, the NES classic only came with one? lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

the good fax machine posted:

Wait, the NES classic only came with one? lmao

Yeah and they only made like 4 of the loving things soooo good luck ever finding a second one.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah and they only made like 4 of the loving things soooo good luck ever finding a second one.

and they're going on amazon for like $40+ so you're better off getting some wireless 8bitdo controller or something else like that anyway.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MarcusSA posted:

The allotment ratio was something hilarious small too, like one standalone controller and 20 NES Mini's per store.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Are they even bothering to sell controllers separately this time?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are they even bothering to sell controllers separately this time?

for the SNES? why would they? there are only 2 controller ports and it comes with 2 controllers.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MarcusSA posted:

To be fair, you can just plug in your Wii U Classic Controller and it's fine. Also, the home button replicates the reset button on the console, so no needing to get up and push the button to switch games.

Resellers are scalping them around $40 though, so 4x what they sold for

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Won't make a difference. All preorders and day one systems will be gone immeidately. 10% will be on the secondary market for 3x retail.

This. A substantial number of scalpers are going to siphon off as many as possible and effectively grab all available pre-order supply. It pretty much doesn't matter how many Nintendo makes, they hosed up the NES Classic supply (which in Europe actually lasted a few days at the pre-order stage, whereas the SNES one lasted, what, an hour?) and that's going to break too many brains. All producing 10 times as many or whatever is going to do is give ten times the supply to scalpers who will still be able to similarly price as their NES Classic scalping.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If you're nervous about scalpers, go to your local store in person on preorder day. I know the world is a hell and everyone's out to make money, but you're not going to get Homer Simpsoned by a guy in front of you in line ordering 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Just be persistent and who knows, you might actually get a preorder. Failing that, hopefully waiting in line for a few hours (no loving way am I camping for this) might be better this time if stores have much more stock available day 1. After that it might be a poo poo show.