Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Lost Highway is not a dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Consummate Professional posted:

I thought Naomi Watts was a kiwi

She's English, but moved to Australia in her teens I think?

I think people assume she's an Aussie b/c she's besties with Nicole Kidman.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Lost Highway is not a dream.

If someone says Lost Highway is a dream, they're lying

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Australia is incredibly dangerous. New Zealand is incredibly dangerous, because Australia. Trust a Texan.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I thought basically nothing could kill you in New Zealand, at least on land. Isn't it all just friendly birds?

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
The birds might try and mate with your head but otherwise yeah it's pretty chill.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Sounds exactly like what a kiwi death bird trying to lure people in would say.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

TheMaestroso posted:

Thanks for explaining my point for me, that was nice of you.

those descriptions are not "quite a bit more complicated."

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

esperterra posted:

She's English, but moved to Australia in her teens I think?

I think people assume she's an Aussie b/c she's besties with Nicole Kidman.

Her father was a roadie for Pink Floyd.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

...! posted:

Sounds exactly like what a kiwi death bird trying to lure people in would say.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

el oso posted:

The funniest part of Twin Peaks is still whenever Harry Truman yells.

PUT IT DOWN

Your Parents posted:

those descriptions are not "quite a bit more complicated."

ehhh i dunno, there's a fairly big difference between the whole "it was all a dream!" gimmick and those descriptions

Capntastic posted:

If someone says Lost Highway is a dream, they're lying

Someone told me Lost Highway was about the Brown/Goldman murders and I really like that explanation

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, Lynch himself said that it came out of discussions he had after the OJ trial iirc.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Gatekeeper posted:

Someone told me Lost Highway was about the Brown/Goldman murders and I really like that explanation

Someone told me that a common interpretation of Lost Highway is the idea of re-casting actors and also scripts changing during filming. It fits harshly.

Slum Village
Oct 6, 2013
https://twitter.com/amy_shiels/status/891495312690434048

This tweet by the actress who plays Candie made me start connecting some dots in my head. There is a lot of suspicion that Cooper and Candie are suffering from the same ailment, but this text connecting James with her made me think:

Cooper/Dougie's "condition" we are told was caused in a car accident, and everyone in his life seems to roll with it. Well James got into an accident too and was described as "weird" but just like people around Dougie accepting and even loving him, Shelly defends James with the now famous quote. I want to go back to that scene and see if he parrots what the other guy he is with is saying.

I think there is potentially about to be a big reveal about many "manufactured" people.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Capntastic posted:

Someone told me that a common interpretation of Lost Highway is the idea of re-casting actors and also scripts changing during filming. It fits harshly.

wait, you mean like an artistic interpretation of studio/producer meddling? because thats awesome haha

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Slum Village posted:

I want to go back to that scene and see if he parrots what the other guy he is with is saying.

i don't think he parrots the other guy but he definitely stares at her like she's a bronze cowboy

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Slum Village posted:

This tweet by the actress who plays Candie made me start connecting some dots in my head

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW1RfADFQvQ/

Her Instagram seems like a good follow, for instance this is a quality picture and I expect actual candie to engage in similar heroics before the season is through

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Candie going around swatting poo poo with a remote control is something I never knew I could want. Some people choose a gun as the staple of their arsenal. Some a signature weapon like an axe or a baseball bat. Candie has a remote control and she is going to accidentally injure the hell out of all of her friends trying to kill flies with it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Slum Village posted:

This tweet by the actress who plays Candie made me start connecting some dots in my head. There is a lot of suspicion that Cooper and Candie are suffering from the same ailment, but this text connecting James with her made me think:

Cooper/Dougie's "condition" we are told was caused in a car accident, and everyone in his life seems to roll with it. Well James got into an accident too and was described as "weird" but just like people around Dougie accepting and even loving him, Shelly defends James with the now famous quote. I want to go back to that scene and see if he parrots what the other guy he is with is saying.

I think there is potentially about to be a big reveal about many "manufactured" people.

the other guy he is with has a terrible english accent and says "this is the dogs bollocks, this is" i caught it on my second viewing and lol'd. the accent is just terrible enough to be real and i would know.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Seeing a lot of hype about tonight's episode from the cast and crew - similar to the hype before episode 8. I'm predicting we get a whole bunch of weird surreal poo poo (bold prediction I know) and Cooper wakes up at the very very end of the episode.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Cromulent posted:

and Cooper wakes up at the very very end of the episode.

I really hope so. I would very much like the entire third act to have Dale back to his senses.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can't get my hopes up that much anymore, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
But that means no more dougie :(

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

But that means no more dougie :(

Don't worry, they'll introduce a new running gag where Coop does something absent-minded, Janey-E turns to the camera and yells "Dougie!", and then a laugh track plays.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

After Dale comes back, I do want a good send off for Dougie's family (and his boss). They've been really great in keeping him alive and out of harm's way. At least, I hope it's possible without them all dying horrible deaths right before he snaps out of it.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cromulent posted:

Seeing a lot of hype about tonight's episode from the cast and crew - similar to the hype before episode 8. I'm predicting we get a whole bunch of weird surreal poo poo (bold prediction I know) and Cooper wakes up at the very very end of the episode.

Cooper goes back in to surreal Lynch dimension and gets his shoes back

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
its gonna be 60mins of james and the guitarboys band with a remix of their best song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq8bHVSCqN0

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

JazzFlight posted:

After Dale comes back, I do want a good send off for Dougie's family (and his boss). They've been really great in keeping him alive and out of harm's way. At least, I hope it's possible without them all dying horrible deaths right before he snaps out of it.

Exactly. They all need to die horribly right after he snaps out of it. They need to actually see that the final act of their lives has been an empty lie. Then they can all go meet the murderhobos. Though I'm not sure even all the murderhobos combined are tough enough to handle Janey-E.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Also, Naomi Watts is looking pretty loving fantastic for someone who's nearly fifty. Dougie-Coop's a lucky guy.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I hope Cooper will retain some bits of his Dougie persona, like occasionally mumbling stuff like "Jade give two rides" under his breath

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
The show has become the thing I most look forward to each week. I'll be so sad when it ends. But then I'll do an 18-hour binge watch and ruin my brain.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

JazzFlight posted:

I honestly kind of want them to just come along to Twin Peaks with Cooper.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Hijinks Ensue posted:

The show has become the thing I most look forward to each week. I'll be so sad when it ends. But then I'll do an 18-hour binge watch and ruin my brain.

This is me right now as well.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So I just watched Fire Walk With Me for this first time. I was hoping it might make this season make a little more sense to me...it didn't really. Very confused by that entire Bowie/Coop/Red Room thing in the beginning.

Also, I lost all respect for Laura once she basically dared Donna to go through with that creepy Jacques orgy. She was a lovely friend. Even if she was being slowly tortured into insanity by the physical manifestation of the evil that man do to each other in the guise of her father. (that's certainly a sentence I just wrote)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Yeah, same. I’ve been enjoying every episode immensely, but realizing there’s only a few episodes left has me wondering how the hell any of this will get wrapped up in time. I’m sure the answer is it actually won’t.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

Gatekeeper posted:

PUT IT DOWN

ehhh i dunno, there's a fairly big difference between the whole "it was all a dream!" gimmick and those descriptions

Capntastic posted:

It has so many valid interpretations, it's great. There is also this, which is pretty mindblowing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAi2ehBBw7M&t=1s

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just in case you forgot what happened last week:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I have an Amazon gift card from my birthday and I'm considering doing a showtime subscription on my fire stick so I dont have to wait a day to torrent the episodes, gently caress you David Lynch :mad:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The webrip torrents usually come out while the episode is still airing even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT