Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Celery Jello posted:

I applied to a Marble Hebrons, I hope that is allowed! I知 Celery Jello, just like here.

icr please make room for a supporter of teen vogue, The Voice Of The Resistance

punchymcpunch fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jul 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

punchymcpunch posted:

icr please make room for a supporter of teen vogue, The Voice Of The Resistance

yes thank you I am very woke

Also god, the newbie returning items are really screwing with my understanding of progression. I知 still steamrolling story missions and have yet to hit a point where I知 dying so I know what to actually grind.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Celery Jello posted:

yes thank you I am very woke

Also god, the newbie returning items are really screwing with my understanding of progression. I知 still steamrolling story missions and have yet to hit a point where I知 dying so I know what to actually grind.

Everything. Until you hit chapter 11, or possibly 12, dying shouldn't actually be a concern for any given 6/60 (and the rewards should ensure you have at least one) in any grindable content. You're likely to not have most of the characters that story bios yield though, so you grind them regardless of challenge. Also the special mission bios, which you can only grind for 20m per day without paying cash (do not do this). Grind all the things until you have a nice stable of 6* characters, then you can get down to the real business of grinding the hard things for rarer materials, which get you better characters, which lets you grind the hard things even harder. Dehumanize yourself and face to grinding.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, ive recently been reevaulating my whole use of obolisks. I was just kind of assuming whatever random damage or recovery rate or whatever useful I could find on people. Now I'm being more deliberate and trying to figure out what a character needs and focusing. So I'm ranking up an Immunity to Web Snare right now for Strange to counter the new Spider Man problem. I'll do that one you suggested for Carnage. I'm just gonna kind of be more deliberate and when there's a character u like but I identify a problem with use that to try and address it.

That's probably basic for you guys but it feels like a new stage of gameplay for me now as I get deeper into stuff like XAB and Shadowland and such.

Obos are the most important upgrade you can give a character besides ISO set, but harder because there are only 2 ISO sets that really matter (PoAH and OD).

Feel free to use the obo for now but eventually you'd want to either a) have T2 wasp in party or b) lead with Malekith or SG for the web.

Dr. Strange wants a Recover Rate + Invul obo, generally, as he does not want for damage, only survivability

I loved picking out obos for guys but end game everyone wears Crit Rate/Dmg (except for the rare guys wearing ITGB) cause our poo poo is capped.

For early game Def Pen is probably the best gear but keeping in mind eventually you'll outgrow it. Eventually

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

i'm pretty sure the last time i stopped playing this game is because i saw how much of a mess my obelisks were and i just didn't want to deal with trying to get even barely decent poo poo on my people. i'll push through this time but only because i'm so dead to pointless and long term grinds that sooner or later poo poo will start lining up.

Unrelated question: Is Vulture worth a 6* Mega Ticket?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

a big fat bunny posted:

i'm pretty sure the last time i stopped playing this game is because i saw how much of a mess my obelisks were and i just didn't want to deal with trying to get even barely decent poo poo on my people. i'll push through this time but only because i'm so dead to pointless and long term grinds that sooner or later poo poo will start lining up.

Yes throw a 6* mega on him.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

a big fat bunny posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NriOZ6ofj_Q

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

AzraelNewtype posted:

Everything. Until you hit chapter 11, or possibly 12, dying shouldn't actually be a concern for any given 6/60 (and the rewards should ensure you have at least one) in any grindable content. You're likely to not have most of the characters that story bios yield though, so you grind them regardless of challenge. Also the special mission bios, which you can only grind for 20m per day without paying cash (do not do this). Grind all the things until you have a nice stable of 6* characters, then you can get down to the real business of grinding the hard things for rarer materials, which get you better characters, which lets you grind the hard things even harder. Dehumanize yourself and face to grinding.

Thank you, this helps. I did just realize this game is two years old, having that much content to stare down the barrel of is daunting, so knowing what to focus on is nice.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Applied to Doctor Goons as Pladdicus

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Ok, I'm gonna natural T2 somebody tomorrow. I have a big strong roster of T2, so who is best/coolest?

Vulture
Kamala
Songbird
HoboSpider
Crystal
Inferno
Satana

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

navyjack posted:

Ok, I'm gonna natural T2 somebody tomorrow. I have a big strong roster of T2, so who is best/coolest?

Vulture
Kamala
Songbird
HoboSpider
Crystal
Inferno
Satana

vulture probably

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

navyjack posted:

Vulture
Kamala
Songbird
HoboSpider
Crystal
Inferno
Satana

Vulture no doubt

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Ramadu posted:

vulture probably

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Vulture no doubt

That's kind of what I was thinking. Love the outfit, like the play style, and in my head he was the real hero and victim of Spider-man Homecoming.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Hello, thanks for letting me into the alliance. Could I trouble you to let me in again? Hero痴 Journey didn稚 register that I joined so now I知 stuck with it reminding me of that every time I log in. I壇 like to leave so I can make that go away.

e: Oh lord how long is the wait time to join an alliance after I leave?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I've finally got the entire Black Order 6*'d. I've dumped so much loving gold into leveling up BAM and now I never have to do it again until the next time an epic quest makes me.

Now to grind out around elventy kerjillion bios to get everyone up to 60! And to keep grinding BAM to get everyone's skills up!! :shepicide:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

C. Everett Koop posted:

I've finally got the entire Black Order 6*'d. I've dumped so much loving gold into leveling up BAM and now I never have to do it again until the next time an epic quest makes me.

Now to grind out around elventy kerjillion bios to get everyone up to 60! And to keep grinding BAM to get everyone's skills up!! :shepicide:

Feels good man. I have Jean at 5 stars and in about a week or so I'll have all the native T2s at 6 stars and then I can finally relax and soak up the BAMs

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

dont forget the stranger costume takes bam to level up lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ramadu posted:

dont forget the stranger costume takes bam to level up lol

It's OK I have more than I will ever need until they release a new T2 character who needs it

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

:same:

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Hmm new event quest in preparation of the next update:
http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=884690

No info about the new characters though. :(
Runs from 07/31 to 08/08 so I guess the update is when it ends.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Aren't we getting Apocalypse and those mutants from the achievement list from the last update?

Hope you guys have another 6k in crystals saved up :v:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kegslayer posted:

Aren't we getting Apocalypse and those mutants from the achievement list from the last update?

I haven't spent any crystals since Magento pack so I have 5600 saved woohoo!!

That's never happened so this is a proud achievement for me.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Kegslayer posted:

And who were those mutants on this list?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Boom Boom, Marrow, Omega Red, Doug Ramsey and Strife (not Cable.)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just housed Phase 1 Proxima with Mag lead, Wolvie main, Coulston. Not totally holding together for Phase 2 yet.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
New content or not i don't plan to whale this go around
I like filling out my roster, working on nat t2 various people and getting Odin up.
I'm making solid progress on shadowlands so not in a rush

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

NmareBfly posted:

Would totally t2 Doug, Omega Red and Boom Boom, especially if she was the Paris Hilton-esque version from Nextwave. :colbert:

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

NmareBfly posted:

I have not heard of any of these characters....which is awesome.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

doug ramsay is the guy in the lime green jacket on twin peaks

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

blue.eyed.ash posted:

Would totally t2 Doug, Omega Red and Boom Boom, especially if she was the Paris Hilton-esque version from Nextwave. :colbert:

I would empty my bank account if we got Tabby, Aaron, Monica, Dirk, and The Captain to go along with Elsa.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
For my obscure list, I'm hoping for the unlikely-to-be-used aquatic team Deep Six: Andromeda, Tamara Rahn, Stingray, Sub-Mariner, Tiger Shark, and Triton - because I'm a weirdo who really likes the Stingray character and because MFF does things in groups of six.

Wizchine fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 31, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I know that list isn't real but I'd be 100% satisfied with Boomer.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Honestly I'm kinda hoping they go easy with the new characters this time around, like just 2-3. I'm still working on the X-Men, have barely gotten the S6 off the ground, still need to finish the Inhumans, and christ the Asgardians aren't even done yet. I need some time just to 6* the remains of my roster before I can start going deep on anyone else.

e - a-force isn't done either but they'll never be done

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hell, I don't even have the New Avengers done or the Story Mission people. Asgardians, Inhumans, Guardians, Sinister Six.

I'm resigned to never actually catching up, but that's fine with me. Keeps things interesting. Keep em coming.

C. Everett Koop posted:

e - a-force isn't done either but they'll never be done

A-Force is She Hulk, Sister Grimm, and Singularity, right? Yeah, them too. I'm giving them 8 bios at a time when I can.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 31, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

A-Force is She Hulk, Sister Grimm, and Singularity, right? Yeah, them too. I'm giving them 8 bios at a time when I can.

Yessir. I'm hoping none of them ever get boosted into "must have" territory, I'd never get them T2'd at just 8 bios at a time.

And imagine how bad it'd be without getting 225 bios from SL every week? I'd only have the story mission portion of my roster 6*'d, much less T2'd.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Since I just started playing this game around 6 weeks ago, I'm already resigned to knowing I won't ever have every character at lvl 6 mastery - let alone T2 - and I'm fine with it. I'm just trying to build a roster that let's robust enough to let me do most content, and included some characters that look cool to me.

Edit: I'm glad this game has caused me to play less and less Puzzle and Dragons.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

STAC Goat posted:

Hell, I don't even have the New Avengers done or the Story Mission people. Asgardians, Inhumans, Guardians, Sinister Six.

I'm resigned to never actually catching up, but that's fine with me. Keeps things interesting. Keep em coming.

Speaking of She-Hulk, is it just me, or is she banned from the selectors now? I haven't seen her as an option every time I've done the Alliance store selectors, and I think when I've gotten any other selector short of the paid one, I haven't seen her either. Her profile still mentions unlocking her through Battleworld, but before this weekend, I felt like I hadn't seen a Battleworld since I started playing again. And all of the rewards lately are either comic cards or ISOs. So I guess what I'm really asking here is if there's a better way other than a paid bio sub or a ticket to rank her up?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can only give her the daily 8 ones. Same as Grimm and Singularity.

Yeah, the Battleworlds have all been focused on things other than bios the last few months. It seems like they're focusing them more on the veteran players who need stuff like cards, obolisks, isos, and urus and less on the newer players who need bios.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
A-Force(Sister Grimm, She-Hulk, Singularity) characters are not obtainable in normal bio selectors, only the type-specific ones and the paid monthly one. This is true of quite a few other characters these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Cinara posted:

A-Force(Sister Grimm, She-Hulk, Singularity) characters are not obtainable in normal bio selectors, only the type-specific ones and the paid monthly one. This is true of quite a few other characters these days.

Generally those (I think Gwenpoole, Birdman, Clea, I'm prob missing some) at least have mechanics for them to drop when running stages. It may be a pain in the rear end but there's a way to grind them. A-Force is one step above the paywalled characters in that they're selectable from the daily bios but that's it.

I'd say it'd be smart to come up with a way to grind A-Force since they're not players in the meta but I don't think anyone really cares at this point.