Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Gyaru posted:

If you're so dead bored of gathering then why do it? For the guild? You won't be much help to the guild if you'll quit soon just because the game isn't fun for you, right?
Do whatever avoids burnout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

forge posted:

So two major things incoming.

GAME CHANGING - Monthly Territory resets which will allow everyone to "Start" evenly again to prevent the snowballing we see in black currently with top tier guilds making GBS threads on low black guilds.

I feel like a better solution to this would just be adding systems which make holding large numbers of territories unsustainable, like the more you control the more penalties you start having in GvG. Or, in the worse case scensrio, doing old style Planetside 2 continent locks, where one group controlling 80-90% of territory is what triggers the reset.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FireWhizzle posted:

You can grind mobs on royal continent or just wait it out, takes 1-3 days depending on how naughty you are. Just pk in black until then

Wait it out? Does it regenerate if it's below a certain point?

Is the system actually laid out in detail somewhere I can read? Most of the stuff you find with a search is either way out of date or not detailed at all.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Gyaru posted:

You can do it solo with a bow though and even if you, like me, only login every now and then and do an hour or so of play you can easily make a 100,000 silver profit or more this way and it will keep increasing the better you get at it and the better gear you can use (cus the chest farming also gives an okayish amount of fame). If enough people want I can make a guide on how to do that. So if you are okay with leveling up your Bow to at least T4 you can solo farm nice amounts of silver or just get a group in discord/guild chat/mumble if you're too scared to try yourself. Sure if your main weapon isn't a bow and you're lazy this might not sound super appealing but it's worth it and you can still make decent silver if you duo it and in a duo any two weapons is fine.

I'd definitely be interested in that; you make it sound like you can head out to black and make bank in fresh T3, yet other people itt are posting about how there's dudes all over the entrances.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

I can't seem to discord because I'm dum :downs:

But my ingame is LunaSeia
and my discord is SolusLunes #7113

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
So.. did everyone just get un-authed in discord at some god awful time in the morning on a Sunday and given no instructions on how to auth other than shout into the void?

I am nobody in this guild but I am seriously begging forge or whoever to get this ADD poo poo under control.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I'm glad to see this game is really Eve 2, threads and all.

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
I made a long rear end post in another forum about the state of AC, I suppose this would be a fitting place as well.

For those of you considering joining the Awful Company (Goon) Guild, i'll give you a bit of a history on what happened so you can use that to judge from yourself whether to join and see how it goes or not.

From the start, we aimed to get territory in Mercia because Mercia has a higher rare resource rate (25% compared to 6% in Anglia if I remember correctly). Well War Legends, who they are now "defending" and using their territory to base out of, hosed us over in gaining any Mercia plots. It was Brasil guys who helped us get Goldgrass and surrounding territories. We, in turn, helped them get some as well.

Things were going good, we had a city, we were building it up, in Anglia we had all the good biomes surrounding us up to t6+ (Wood, hides, and stone in Lichendell, Hides, cotton and ore in Goldgrass, etc). The guild was founded on the same principles here, do whatever you want, we don't care how you play, if you're a goon or friend come join us. That was almost a verbatim quote from Glut on like day 2.

I worked with CK and several other apostles to make sure we had logistics and stuff setup, my deal was Caerleon. While they were focused on building up the city, I built up my island and ended up serving as a dropoff point for anyone needing to offload stuff to the guild there.

In comes Bubrub, who I believe is Glut's rl friend or something he mentioned. He gets it in his head to focus everything on Mercia because War Legends is getting their poo poo pushed in by Money, and Mercia is the end all be all because of the rare resources.

There's a major Apostle (officer) discussion saying how this is a bad idea, we are not setup for this, we need to control what we have and get our gatherers up higher. By this point all of our main gatherers who gave TONS (like 30,000 t4 hides and ore and cotton etc) of resources to the guild have already quit due to no support from the guild. They are regarded as second-class citizens pretty much. Wasn't the case from those of us working on the stuff, but to Glutt and his other "killers", they are nothing.

Mercia becomes the focus. First, its everyone gathers 100% all weekend. Also, here's the new weapons for zergs you need to start learning. Then within 30 minutes it moves to we're just going to go pk in Mercia all weekend, everyone is coming, to other stuff.

I'd like to add in that to this day, when I was in a zerg with AC, when we faced another zerg that had half a mind on what they were doing, we got rolled hard. We weren't a guild made for that, we were made for putting 200 people in t3 whoever gives a gently caress and owning like we did in EVE with rifters.

Anyway, most of the officers (including myself) who said this was a bad idea or poked holes in his plans were either silenced, demoted, or kicked. He thinks you can kill gatherers, sell the stuff, and buy all you need without having crafters or gatherers hardly anymore. There is no more logistics team, the goldgrass city has been pretty much abandoned (I rode around as a neut and no one was in the zone), and its all going to a shitbasket.

And so thats a overall history and summary of how things are going and where the guild will be. For those diehards I encourage you to go in and see what you think, but be aware of the above before doing so.

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
I'd also like to add that most of the members and officers of AC are great people, and I do wish them well. I honestly wish Forge had been the leader from the start.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Malthuras, are you still playing or did it put you off the game? I only heard good things about you as a line member, sorry to see you go.
I get that goonswarm doesn't happen in a day or a week, but I'm hoping some of the nascent organization I saw starting to happen for gatherers will continue. People were at least trying. However, at the moment there's no incentive. And no means of communication either but hey, baby steps.

Also, yup just like Eve: https://www.reddit.com/r/albiononline/comments/6qgkf8/today_our_alliance_collapsed

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Hey guys does anyone remember when we just had fun playing a god drat video game instead of being balls to the wall serious about it?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Malthuras posted:

I'd like to add in that to this day, when I was in a zerg with AC, when we faced another zerg that had half a mind on what they were doing, we got rolled hard. We weren't a guild made for that, we were made for putting 200 people in t3 whoever gives a gently caress and owning like we did in EVE with rifters.

On the other hand, after you quit we got wiped by a zerg that had half a mind on what they were doing, which also had roughly equal numbers to us. Then we came back with the ZvZ set ups that upset you very deeply and we rolled them. It's almost like, when you think about it, we used some kind of coordinated loadout that scales well in numbers. I wonder if anyone else has tried something like that before?

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 30, 2017

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away

turn off the TV posted:

On the other hand, after you quit we got wiped by a zerg that had half a mind on what they were doing, which also had roughly equal numbers to us.

Then we came back with the ZvZ set ups that you didn't like and rolled them.

I never said I didnt like zvz setups, I said that we werent setup for it. When the guild was created we had no structure on weapons. Most people did whatever they wanted or were suggested.

If we wanted to adopt ZvZ weapons specifically from the start we should have. The fact is we have numbers, and 200-300 people in t4 whatever is the true power that ac has and should use.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Woah Forge and Blazing went on an autistic shitposting spree? Imagine my shock!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

200 to 300 people without real focus will get rofl stomped by 80 coordinated people all day long in this game. Get your poo poo together.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

PsychicToaster posted:

Hey guys does anyone remember when we just had fun playing a god drat video game instead of being balls to the wall serious about it?

HI pt yes you can have fun in this video game despite what large posts that everyone scrolls by tell you

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Malthuras posted:

I never said I didnt like zvz setups, I said that we werent setup for it. When the guild was created we had no structure on weapons. Most people did whatever they wanted or were suggested.

If we wanted to adopt ZvZ weapons specifically from the start we should have. The fact is we have numbers, and 200-300 people in t4 whatever is the true power that ac has and should use.

I was able to respec to use the ZvZ weapons the same night that they were posted. It took maybe thirty minutes to an hour in a dungeon.

Seriously, I feel like you're expecting this game to be like 2015 Goonswarm. EVE Online launched in 2003. This game launched two weeks ago. Things are going to be uncoordinated and messy, people are going to make mistakes and we are going to gently caress up. We're trying to compete with a guild that has been playing this game for the past two years, so of course we're going to get our poo poo stomped in and we are going to lose territory.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

FireWhizzle posted:

HI pt yes you can have fun in this video game despite what large posts that everyone scrolls by tell you

I can? Sounds sketchy to me man.

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away

turn off the TV posted:

I was able to respec to use the ZvZ weapons the same night that they were posted. It took maybe thirty minutes to an hour in a dungeon.

Seriously, I feel like you're expecting this game to be like 2015 Goonswarm. EVE Online launched in 2003. This game launched two weeks ago. Things are going to be uncoordinated and messy, people are going to make mistakes and we are going to gently caress up. We're trying to compete with a guild that has been playing this game for the past two years, so of course we're going to get our poo poo stomped in and we are going to lose territory.

The problem isn't AC as a whole.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Zotix posted:

200 to 300 people without real focus will get rofl stomped by 80 coordinated people all day long in this game. Get your poo poo together.

Yep and it's not even that deep. Coordinated is literally longbow aoe spam with nature heals. No melee weapons except tanks because the lag is to real.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Is there any good 'beginner's guide' to this game? I meant to buy into Beta then Alpha, but never did so I am a bit lost and this game doesn't seem like the typical quest lead to town x then quests to town y. Sounds like there aren't any quests after getting your donkey, and I'm kind of stuck on what to do now?

The OP was great, and apologies if I missed it, but if you have anything for me it would be super helpful.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Malthuras posted:

The problem isn't AC as a whole.

Yeah, your problem is the leadership, and the decisions that the leadership is making, but like I said, this game is two weeks old. When Planetside 2 was a few weeks old I remember there being some interest from Mittani and other leaders in Goonfleet to pick the game up. We wound up with at least one guy who had FC'd in EVE Online for years trying to lead a platoon and, as it turns out, knowledge in one game doesn't translate over to a second. He hosed up a lot, got really angry, and decided not to touch the game again because things weren't going as smoothly in a two week old game as he was used to from a 12 year old game. A few months later, though, the Goon outfit that he had given up on was the best on the server in the 300+ category, outclassing groups that had started playing Planetside 1 almost a decade earlier.

So, with that in mind, I'm not at all surprised that the leadership in this game is loving up, or that things are going wrong. If it's still bad months down the line that's one thing, but in the first couple of weeks anyone should expect a trainwreck.

Puskarich
Nov 26, 2008
This thread sure is a thing

Discord: Puskarich #5091
Mumble: Puskarich
IG: Puskarich

I'm in the Groon guild already (The Sweet Boys) chillin in your mumble lobby with no roles. Also the discord link in the OP is expired. Please send help.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hello, I heard this thread is bad and you let eve goons run things. lol all around

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Is there a good guide for this game? I have no idea what I'm doing.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Velthice posted:

hello, I heard this thread is bad and you let eve goons run things. lol all around

thanks for stopping by

dkj posted:

you're probably best off searching youtube or getting on comms and finding someone willing to answer questions for you

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Velthice posted:

Nah the eve goons are begging to help run the guild then get driven out for being non team players.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Eve goons have nothing to do with the success/failure of the guild right now

The only notable evegoon i've seen is gicer who is probably better known for AA drama than eve at this point

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Eve goons are in both the guild and have their own guilds in the alliance. All goons from eve are welcome provided their not previous goon fuckers.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Taylor Swift posted:

Woah Forge and Blazing went on an autistic shitposting spree? Imagine my shock!

Sorry I don't know you, and I know you don't know me. Have Kimsemus give you a better line to come drop in here from the bmw discord.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Gyaru posted:

It's a few minutes ride to wherever you wanna go in Black after taking the realm gate in Caerleon. Just go out into black when you wanna farm and keep your pk'ing in Red because it's way more active and easier to find constant pray and that's also a neat source of silver.

Any tips on how to get around all the black zone portal camps would be real nice.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

J posted:

Any tips on how to get around all the black zone portal camps would be real nice.

Take your dog for a walk and they will be gone usually.

If you don't have a dog then get one because they are awesome! Cats are acceptable replacements if you can't get a dog

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Zotix posted:

What do you expect from people who have never played the game before and logged in and figured out that ganking people worked best with bows. Give the goon guild a few months and then reflect. Keep in mind in less than 1 week we have Derrick shitposting and crying in the round table asking the devs to lock the Mercia portal so T4 people can't come in. IMO that's a clear win no matter the fights lost. Remember in Eve it wasn't that we won battles, it was how we won them.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Also remember that if we could have went into launch with an actual goon guild we could have already had many of the logistical parts setup. Instead, there were plenty of people who just consistently poo poo post on the game and made it miserable to read or want to play. So I continue to find it somewhat ironic that people complain about the lovely logistics, then don't recognize why it was never there. I couldn't even find enough people to play the game up until release. It was litteraly, Tootboots, Oatmeal and myself playing.

Orty
May 14, 2007

Gave in and starting up. Going for mostly gathering and crafting. Wood was mentioned as something needed for gathering, is that true? What about crafting, anything specific lacking in having crafters for?

I've seen mention of doing 3 characters (one each for combat/gathering/crafting). Is the benefit to doing that the 3 islands and not having to split your LP between things? I am guessing I would be fine gathering and crafting with a bit of combat on the side with one character. Just wouldn't level as quickly I guess?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I haven't been able to play for a bit. What black zone are we banging in now? We're not based in Baltimore anymore?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

Sorry I don't know you, and I know you don't know me. Have Kimsemus give you a better line to come drop in here from the bmw discord.

Your obsession with me is approaching creeper levels, I haven't even had internet access, lol

slutcannon
Jan 18, 2005

Orty posted:

Gave in and starting up. Going for mostly gathering and crafting. Wood was mentioned as something needed for gathering, is that true? What about crafting, anything specific lacking in having crafters for?

I've seen mention of doing 3 characters (one each for combat/gathering/crafting). Is the benefit to doing that the 3 islands and not having to split your LP between things? I am guessing I would be fine gathering and crafting with a bit of combat on the side with one character. Just wouldn't level as quickly I guess?

This assumes premium accounts, but the combat character for LP use and the gatherer and crafter being separate is for Focus.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

dkj posted:

Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one. This game is not intuitive at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

forge posted:

Also remember that if we could have went into launch with an actual goon guild we could have already had many of the logistical parts setup. Instead, there were plenty of people who just consistently poo poo post on the game and made it miserable to read or want to play. So I continue to find it somewhat ironic that people complain about the lovely logistics, then don't recognize why it was never there. I couldn't even find enough people to play the game up until release. It was litteraly, Tootboots, Oatmeal and myself playing.

I know you held out thinking game was good for a while. But then I remember you posting that you'd admitted defeat and the game was doomed to be awful.

Then out of nowhere game was good again. When do that happen? Was it the patch before release?