Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi
Truthfully though, JTL should not be as intensive to put together as the rest of the game has been. Bottom line is, it's just not that intricate, and most of it depends on everything about the ground game to function.

Once the core functionality of JTL is put in place, the rest is basically just scripting which is extremely simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
So is this dead again? Any functional server? OP was a bit misleading.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Pladdicus posted:

Both projects are dead. Haven't been following Stella Bellum but that's a poo poo show not worth following anyways. If you really want to play Galaxies, Basilisk is the only one not managed by a bunch of man children that act the part too until Suncrusher launches in God knows how long.

Games you should play instead
Project Gorgon
Gloria Victis
Age of Wushu, despite the pay 2 win bullshit that made everyone quit, it's still fun
Elder Scrolls Online, it's a pretty sandboxy content-driven MMO

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 6, 2017

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Pladdicus posted:

Basilisk is very stable and is approaching release of Jedi/Publish 9. It's amazing if you need a SWG fix.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.
I really miss the glory days of this game. Its too bad what SOE did to it. I am not even a star wars fan and I loving loved the systems in this game =(

Fratstar_Eatpuss
May 29, 2010

Bloodfin had a wipe last saturday. I've been playing for the past two days and am in the process of grinding up a Rifleman/Ranger to make money with. IGN is Tigole

Honestly though, I'll probably get bored of the game quick if no other goons start to play it. Not really interested in playing with non-goons who are pretty much toxic bitter vet PvP'ers that can't let go of the glory days. I never played back then so I dont know of, nor want to be apart of the drama from back then or from the pre-wipe bloodfin.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've got a account and names reserved, but not playing there. Going to wit until the server matures a bit, then maybe dip my toes in the bloodfin waters, but it's doubtful. Playing on another server at the moment....plus, I'm on the hunt for the sith holocron 2.0 program, but my google skills are failing me

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Why dd they do a wipe? Did they add anything new or is it just to get people playing?

Fratstar_Eatpuss
May 29, 2010

Arven posted:

Why dd they do a wipe? Did they add anything new or is it just to get people playing?

Probably to get people playing and because the server got corrupt as poo poo, hundreds of jedi running around etc... Even though xp rates are configured to master professions in 10 minutes right now the economy is very weak rn and thats how I like it. Once everybody finishes their jedis and has server best weps/armors is when I'll prob give up on it.

According to the launcher the pop is around ~800 players, but you have to include that everybody's running at least 7-8 alts too... I wish servers would enforce 2 players MAX per account to encourage player interaction. It's the biggest problem with every server, especially bas.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Hawg11 posted:

Probably to get people playing and because the server got corrupt as poo poo, hundreds of jedi running around etc... Even though xp rates are configured to master professions in 10 minutes right now the economy is very weak rn and thats how I like it. Once everybody finishes their jedis and has server best weps/armors is when I'll prob give up on it.

According to the launcher the pop is around ~800 players, but you have to include that everybody's running at least 7-8 alts too... I wish servers would enforce 2 players MAX per account to encourage player interaction. It's the biggest problem with every server, especially bas.

Bas is 2 max per account and if you want more then 1 account, you have to email them photos of your CDs all together if you want more then 1 account tied to your IP.

Fratstar_Eatpuss
May 29, 2010

Tai posted:

Bas is 2 max per account and if you want more then 1 account, you have to email them photos of your CDs all together if you want more then 1 account tied to your IP.

Yeah but that still adds up to like six characters per IP. Most bitter vets have the disks. They're the one's who micromanage shitloads of alts in the first place.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
So Basilisk is still kicking. What about this SWG Awakening server? Is it worth a look?

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

SoUncool posted:

So Basilisk is still kicking. What about this SWG Awakening server? Is it worth a look?

Awakening is the worst thing since Hitler.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
Cool. Could you elaborate?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Games you should play instead
Age of Wushu
Yeah, no.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I honestly don't get why you guys look at servers other than Basilisk right now. They're all run by puerile shitlords.

And yeah I know about the recent Mobyus drama with Basilisk, but tbh he's a loving shitlord who openly admits to living in his parents' basement so take that as you will.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
Alright. Made a toon on bas. Ithorian, cuz they're ugly and goofy looking. It'll be an adventurer character (little scout, little marks, entertainer, artisan, medic, a few boxes of rifles or carbines). Not good at anything, but gives me a taste of everything until I figure it all out.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
hmu gi'staak

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Does anyone do anything on Bas yet besides grind characters and duel in front of CNET starport?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Arven posted:

Does anyone do anything on Bas yet besides grind characters and duel in front of CNET starport?

Goons or pubbies

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
Is there a goon SWG discord? The Steam Mantina seems a little dead.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

SoUncool posted:

Is there a goon SWG discord? The Steam Mantina seems a little dead.

There was, until there wasn't.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Tai posted:

Goons or pubbies

Either one

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Arven posted:

Either one

Basi is probably the only server that has everyone (pubbies) doing everything. PvP, industry, mining, PvE, hunting.

There will be a tonne of BHers and Jedi soon too. I fully expect the basi population to doubt if not triple its current online population when the next patch hits.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

What is the deal with this thread. The OP is about 2 projects that went rear end up and it's pinned.

Registered Loser
Dec 29, 2006

kaempfer0080 posted:

What is the deal with this thread. The OP is about 2 projects that went rear end up and it's pinned.

It's the severed head on a spike, serving as a warning to other MMOs.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Mods probably confused it with swtor, an actual playable game.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Would not be surprised if SWG has more goon interest than SWTOR right now.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
SWTOR was a fun single player sequal to KOTOR II.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

SoUncool posted:

SWTOR was a fun single player sequal to KOTOR II.

Accurate statement

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
How far along in development is Basilisk?

SWG was literally my first MMO and it still ranks out as one of the most interesting takes on the MMO genre. It came out in that sweet spot when the genre was actually trying to push boundaries and make worlds instead of theme parks. Being able to lead an imperial squadron of AT-ST's and storm troopers and take that one Tatooine town that was always full of decced rebels again would be neat as gently caress.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Archonex posted:

SWG was literally my first MMO and it still ranks out as one of the most interesting takes on the MMO genre. It came out in that sweet spot when the genre was actually trying to push boundaries and make worlds instead of theme parks. Being able to lead an imperial squadron of AT-ST's and storm troopers and take that one Tatooine town that was always full of decced rebels again would be neat as gently caress.

A long old time. The Emu project has been around in one form or another since 2008 I think, but they didn't get their poo poo together until a while after that.

SWG broke me for MMOs, everything else just feels like it's on rails.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Archonex posted:

Jedi/The Village and stuff is the next publish. Last I heard it was expected to go live late summer or early fall. Other than Jedi and JTL it seems totally complete and working to me.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Oh did they get Creature Handler and Droid Engineer working again?

Might make a comeback worth it just for that. Last time I played, those classes were implemented but you couldn't actually do poo poo with it. Droid Engineers were only around so people could use crafted droid chassis as in-house decorations (like our beloved R2-J4G in the Mantina).

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
CH AND Droids seem to be working, yeah. Pub9 (Jedi) should be out Soon(tm). The regular testers seem cautiously optimistic, anyway. I'm most looking forward to JtL, though I know that's a ways away. They killed SL-led solo groups for some reason. As in, no one runs them anymore. I get they cut the cash for the missions by about 80%, but that can be mitigated if everyone is doing missions on the same circuit (Fanfar and Dant Academy, for example). You'll get paid from other people's nearby missions, but get full exp on your lairs because you're the only one doing damage.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Pub9 will also have the Corvette too; good reason to get back online.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

SoUncool posted:

CH AND Droids seem to be working, yeah. Pub9 (Jedi) should be out Soon(tm). The regular testers seem cautiously optimistic, anyway. I'm most looking forward to JtL, though I know that's a ways away. They killed SL-led solo groups for some reason. As in, no one runs them anymore. I get they cut the cash for the missions by about 80%, but that can be mitigated if everyone is doing missions on the same circuit ( and Dant Academy, for example). You'll get paid from other people's nearby missions, but get full exp on your lairs because you're the only one doing damage.

I believe grouping with an ATST gives decent mission payouts.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I've seen people running SL groups more lately.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
I'm in the game as Huszar if anyone still plays. Add me to your friend list. Dunno if the GCW is still active, but we can try some base bustin' or do some other group content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
and Pub 9 comes out tomorrow! Just announced! Let the hype begin.